PDA

View Full Version : LE fiasco nearly over.. hopefully

totaltechno
11-03-12, 08:24 PM
2 days left on the timer. I hope TL never does something like this again, but they probably will anyway for Christmas. My island hasn't changed much dragon-wise in the past 2-3 weeks, trying to breed the LEs but keep getting commons I already have. What do you guys think about the idea of LE dragons?

justplainlucas
11-03-12, 08:27 PM
I hate them, actually. I think they're a waste. All they do is fill up my island with poison and firestorms trying to get them. I'd rather TL use their time in designing permanent and more interesting super rares than LEs.

totaltechno
11-03-12, 08:30 PM
Agreed. Fortunately, It only took 6 tries for me to get Pumpkin, but I'm on try 19 for Witch/Zombie and switched to trying for Boo, and I'm on try 2.

Takiofallen
11-03-12, 08:34 PM
19 tries no le's

totaltechno
11-03-12, 08:38 PM
I'm actually considering quitting trying now after this attempt, but the amount Boo makes at Epic is so tempting, 2200-something

justplainlucas
11-03-12, 08:51 PM
I'm actually considering quitting trying now after this attempt, but the amount Boo makes at Epic is so tempting, 2200-something

That would be 2240.

lotusthreads
11-03-12, 09:56 PM
Complete fiasco, and hated it

MazShaddix
11-04-12, 12:45 AM
I hated it, I didn't bother trying after my many failed attempts at witch, 21 hours is annoying... Tho my bf has 2 of them, one after the other while he was trying for a familiar

bdocc
11-04-12, 01:06 AM
I guess for me it wasn't too bad,now TL knows not to do anymore LE dragons,I mean if they release 4 LE dragons it's gonna be really hard to get them all!

Martin323
11-04-12, 03:18 AM
Not hard to predict... Those who were lucky to get them will approve LE, those who couldn't will disagree...
I think it was nice. Have only 3 out of 4, still have some time to get the last one :-)

crazycat76
11-04-12, 03:29 AM
Ive got the Boo at my first try, but none of the others. It's not too bad fo me, because I dont really like the view of these dragons, imho they are looking quite ugly.

I would be glad if TL would repair these heavy bugs instead, it needs so much battery, more than any other Story game, and these "blue screens" when I try to move something and I'm not carefully enough is really annoying.

My two cents,
Cat

Tango_K
11-04-12, 03:37 AM
I think that this idea is okay...for those who get those dragon will feel special about it coz its limited edition. they should make rare instead of super rare so that more people would get it

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-04-12, 04:45 AM
19 tries no le's

lol i lost count after about 11 tries, now i just about throw anything thats green or purple into the mix!

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-04-12, 04:49 AM
Well for 11 days straight... that's all I've been trying for. And who knows what else I could have gotten during this time? had I just not bothered.

After this whole fiasco of getting sweet f.a I think I preferred LE to be kept at 4 days and although I didn't get any.... I'll be glad when these last 2 days are up.

kisseop
11-04-12, 05:27 AM
Not hard to predict... Those who were lucky to get them will approve LE, those who couldn't will disagree...
I think it was nice. Have only 3 out of 4, still have some time to get the last one :-)

I got some of LEs but still I don't approve. It makes you furious, irritated, frustrated and treated unfairly.

It'd be fine if those four LEs were released a week after week, not all 4 at once. OR they should be available for whole month.

I wanted Boo, I still want it, but I know my chances are weak. And I have like what, one more day? I don't see a timer on my game. So annoying. :/ Even if I get one, it'd be a bittersweet feeling, the experience was awful, no matter of the result.

salinho
11-04-12, 05:58 AM
I got some of LEs but still I don't approve. It makes you furious, irritated, frustrated and treated unfairly.

It'd be fine if those four LEs were released a week after week, not all 4 at once. OR they should be available for whole month.

I wanted Boo, I still want it, but I know my chances are weak. And I have like what, one more day? I don't see a timer on my game. So annoying. :/ Even if I get one, it'd be a bittersweet feeling, the experience was awful, no matter of the result.

Sixty hours left I think...

PDAGuppies
11-04-12, 07:29 AM
I got a witch & boo dragon.
I am tired of firestorms and poisons except I'll try Until the time is over

salinho
11-04-12, 07:31 AM
I got a witch & boo dragon.
I am tired of firestorms and poisons except I'll try Until the time is over

I have boo and zombie. Yeah I am sick of firestorms, but I wanna try till the end xD

dorumon210
11-04-12, 07:31 AM
I only got witch and pumpkin. I hope they re-release them next year so I can get the other two but I don't want them to release any new LE dragons.

kwhales
11-04-12, 07:37 AM
Well, my breeding den will be free in 6 minutes. Maybe I will try for purple green combo- I would like a witch, familiar or another zombie--but knowing my luck, i will end up with another poison. oh well here I go.

salinho
11-04-12, 07:38 AM
Well, my breeding den will be free in 6 minutes. Maybe I will try for purple green combo- I would like a witch, familiar or another zombie--but knowing my luck, i will end up with another poison. oh well here I go.

Fingers crosssssed!

kwhales
11-04-12, 07:44 AM
Fingers crosssssed!

Uncross them--21 hr breed......yay another poison.

salinho
11-04-12, 08:30 AM
Uncross them--21 hr breed......yay another poison.
Ouch. Sorry. :/

kisseop
11-04-12, 08:34 AM
Sixty hours left I think...

kwhales
11-04-12, 08:51 AM
Ouch. Sorry. :/

Thanks. with all this poison, i am so itchy.

saintlover
11-04-12, 09:02 AM
I hope now that the LEs are here to stay they give us more habitats.

kwhales
11-04-12, 09:06 AM
I hope now that the LEs are here to stay they give us more habitats.

The LE's are here to stay????? Really. I thought they would be gone in like 60 hours.

salinho
11-04-12, 09:11 AM
The LE's are here to stay????? Really. I thought they would be gone in like 60 hours.
There is a timer.
Saintlover probably means it for the people who got them. Lol

lorie82794
11-04-12, 09:16 AM
I hate it!!!! I have spent countless gold attemps for these LE dragons. I only have the pumpkin. I feel this is a putrid way to make money on TL's part. The only reason I am still playing is to play out the rest of the gold I have bought. I hate to quit something when I have invested time and money into it. Very unsatisfied customer!!!!

sweetstuff525
11-04-12, 09:25 AM
I can't get witch Ive given up.... At least I got the others I'm happy

totaltechno
11-04-12, 09:53 AM
I only got Pumpkin. I've tried for Witch/Zombie since the respective days they came out, and all I got was I-lost-track-of-how-many Poisons and 1 Familiar.

I'm giving up and going back to Wizard/Fairy.

theclumsypotato
11-04-12, 10:09 AM
I think it was fun, but I did get lucky enough to get 3/4 (not trying for the fourth since I think the pumpkin is kind of ugly and I have the absolute worst luck with firestorms).

kwhales
11-04-12, 12:07 PM
I actually did like trying for the LE's, but towards the end it did get frustrating. some people got none, others got tons. I just wish TL would use the LE's as a thank you for playing item. Make them eaisier to obtain for current players, especially really active players like us.

Like i said before, other games give rewards like these to all players, for a limited time only (one week usually). They are obtainable to all (with coins or gold), but at least you have a reasonable chance to get them.

Here, they are like a crumb, when the whole loaf should be available.

DaynasouR
11-04-12, 12:30 PM
I am an active player and gotten 2/4 LE s so far. To my luck I got witch on the 1st and zombie on the 4th try. HOWEVER, I DO NOT APPROVE TL's LE TACTIC. Lots of players got firestroms, poisons and luck dragons in order to reach LEs. We had to sell them or filled our islands with these three dragons. All of us - even the luckiest ones - could not go further in their games; busy with getting the LEs. We spent all of our gold and time. We postponed our plans for our island and concentrated on LEs. At first it was interesting and fun but when 4 LEs came out at once it became a nightmare!!

Please TL do not do this again or make LEs more reachable for us! We got tired of them already..

ash717
11-04-12, 01:41 PM
I HATE them and poison dragons!!

PlasmaFlare
11-04-12, 03:20 PM
I really hope TeamLava NEVER does this again. . . I hate the idea of limited dragons in Dragon Story. LE Dragons make this game positively torturous! Really, why must these infernal common dragons (namely POISON Dragons) have such ridiculously long breeding times?! That is precisely what makes it so frustrating to breed "super rare" LE Dragons. If the breeding times for common dragons weren't so unnecessarily long, we would have more chances in a day to breed for the super rare LE dragons. If TL does release limited dragons again, first they MUST reduce the breeding times for common dragons by at least HALF. Waiting 21 hours for a lousy common Poison Dragon makes entirely no sense. Not to mention, making the LE Dragons "super rare" and releasing so many at a time is just cruel. . .:mad:

DaynasouR
11-05-12, 12:36 AM
Yeah after reading Plasma Flare's comment, I remembered that there is also the LONG BREEDING TIMES issue. I totally agree with my friends. The breeding times are really really ridiculous! Why do we wait a common (and nowadays hated) poison dragons for 21 hrs?? Or luck for 17 hrs?? The breeding times are very very long. The dragons not only breed for hours and hours; they hatch after waiting for hours and hours, too ! Moreover, they evolve till level 10 three times which also lasts hours and hours! Please have mercy ! We do not want 1 hour breeding times, only reduce these times by HALF or at least 5-6 hours..

Tomblue
11-05-12, 02:10 AM
Yeah after reading Plasma Flare's comment, I remembered that there is also the LONG BREEDING TIMES issue. I totally agree with my friends. The breeding times are really really ridiculous! Why do we wait a common (and nowadays hated) poison dragons for 21 hrs?? Or luck for 17 hrs?? The breeding times are very very long. The dragons not only breed for hours and hours; they hatch after waiting for hours and hours, too ! Moreover, they evolve till level 10 three times which also lasts hours and hours! Please have mercy ! We do not want 1 hour breeding times, only reduce these times by HALF or at least 5-6 hours..
This is my opinion.
Halloween, I tried a lot and had 3/4 LE (Witch, Boo Pumpkin) it's taken me a lot of time waiting.I think I am very lucky but there are still many who are not as fortunate as me, they do not even breed a LE.I stay to short timeout because our time not only for DS but also for the other half.Thank

salinho
11-05-12, 03:48 AM
I am so hating firestorms right now.

Isn't it weird that only the witch has a timer...?

gsedai
11-05-12, 05:02 AM
bah got none of them fed up of seeing 21hrs

dorumon210
11-05-12, 06:35 AM
With such long breeding times I wasn't able to get my first Zombie dragon until this morning. With only 8 hours left and reports of breedings changing when LEs are taken down, I had to use my gold to secure my dragon in the nest. Thankfully I only had a witch in the nest so I didn't lose nearly as much gold as I could have but it's still outrageous. I don't have the means or the funds to pay for gold so I have to get it from my neighbors and from the download bonuses. I am now out 37 (extremely hard earned) gold. If they do release LEs again it will hopefully just be a re-release of these four next year.

enoch4
11-05-12, 08:59 AM
Does anyone have 2 boos? I got one, and wanted to try for a second. After many frustrating days, and 52 breeds, I'm in the poor house and have nothing more to show for it. I thought zombie was bad - it took me 36 breeds to get. I've spent my gaming budget for the rest of the year trying for a couple of dang LE dragons (I know, I'm a serious idiot, no need to remind me), and am feeling bitter because my fail rate is so incredibly high, and the wait between attempts is so long. So the game is either really slow, or really expensive. I'll also be glad when the LE torture is over and I can go back to logging in once a day and failing to get a Leopard. Lesson learned... I'm hoarding the gold neighbors give me from now on. Because if more LE's come out (heaven forbid) I can't waste real money again. If spending 20 bucks actually got me something cool in the game, I would be willing to do it. I know the game creators need a way to make money, and it makes the game fun. But when I find myself spending more money than that, with nothing to show for it, I refuse to fall for it again.

buttrluv
11-05-12, 09:54 AM
I feel exactly the same way. Spending money for gold in other games usually guarantees you something cool. I have over 60 nbrs. I saw 2 boo dragons on 2 islands. I saw 3 pumpkins on maybe 3 islands. I think one person has all 4 LE's. I have 5 total but only 1 came from the money I spent. That.'s horrible. I won't spend money again unless I am guaranteed something. I played WoW and EQ. You got something for money spent in those games and they were subscription based.

buttrluv
11-05-12, 09:55 AM
And I/really wanted the one I didn't get (witch)