PDA

View Full Version : Whats all this Lucky Island nonsense!

Takiofallen
11-02-12, 02:22 PM
Ok so the name theory is replaced by lucky islands? For those who believe this please enlighten me on this. I ask because lets say it's true, some people get luck islands so they can breed dragons that other people can't. So a game based on breeding and percentages has nothing to do with breeding and percentages?

rusticjess
11-02-12, 02:25 PM
I dont't think islands are different in a night and day way. I think each persons game account has ease with certain dragon groupings than others. when I was new, I bred super rares like a breeze, but I had much trouble geting rares, which are *supposed* to be easier. for someone else it may be the opposite. get it? thats how I think it works

salinho
11-02-12, 02:56 PM
I dont't think islands are different in a night and day way. I think each persons game account has ease with certain dragon groupings than others. when I was new, I bred super rares like a breeze, but I had much trouble geting rares, which are *supposed* to be easier. for someone else it may be the opposite. get it? thats how I think it works

Yup, I think each account has its own specific thingy going on. There's no other way to explain how someone can get a buttload of one super rare, and not manage to get a certain rare. Or get the super rare of a certain combo TWICE and not get the rare (seriously, I have to planets and no titan. Titan is ugly anyway, but still!)

benbever
11-02-12, 03:13 PM
Getting rares and super rares is not fairly distributed, it's not random or pure luck. Some standard deviation calculations can tell you that. There is some unknown system. Some people get unrandomly more lucky than others.
In the first three months of playing I had a ~5% chance of breeding a rare and a ~0.5% chance of breeding a super rare (I got two in total) and ~95% chance getting a common.
Two of my friends got dozens of rares and super rares; 80% of common, 10% rares and 10% super rares. They have more "super rares" than rares. Like five seabreezes or scorpions.
Since the halloween update I got one limited edition dragon, and my friends got none, while some people on the forum got all of them or multiples. Also I got three honeybees and two scorpions within three days (they are super rares.) This is all too random to be random. You can't throw a dice 400 times and get only 1 or 2 sixes, and then get a few sixes in a row. Theoretically it is possible, but it's so unlikely it won't actually happen. Unless there's some system. Like lucky island, whatever that means. (It means TL wants you to buy dragons with money ;))

Takiofallen
11-02-12, 05:08 PM
Ok so there is no "Lucky " island thing gong on. As far as people breeding some dragons more then others it boils down to being Element heavy. I believe Everyone gets one element they breed easier then others.

kwhales
11-02-12, 05:11 PM
Ok so there is no "Lucky " island thing gong on. As far as people breeding some dragons more then others it boils down to being Element heavy. I believe Everyone gets one element they breed easier then others.

agree, i can breed clowns like i'm a rabbit, but other people can't for the life of them.

PDAGuppies
11-02-12, 05:21 PM
Nowadays I don't know what to believe...
First lucky names
Then lucky levels
Next lucky positions of your breeding den and nest
Then lucky times
Now lucky islands?
Where has the world gone???

Horntail21
11-02-12, 05:58 PM
I'll add to this that I have every red/yellow hybrid and I got them rather easily. I have every blue/purple hybrid and I got them all rather easily but wizard which took me a few tries. I got my diamond using these four colors.

mattyboo1
11-02-12, 06:00 PM
There has to be something because I cannot get a diamond

bdocc
11-02-12, 08:36 PM
I have a neighbor who is capable to get basically all the dragons even the LE dragons, she was capable of getting diamond with 6 tries using Firestorm and Island,these people are just really lucky!

carijonas
11-02-12, 11:43 PM
I have two islands and I feel like one island is my lucky island but to me it's like having a lucky slot machine ..

salinho
11-03-12, 04:14 AM
Nowadays I don't know what to believe...
First lucky names
Then lucky levels
Next lucky positions of your breeding den and nest
Then lucky times
Now lucky islands?
Where has the world gone???

We're all lost here. xD but I do believe that the probability of getting certain dragons is better within certain islands!

srsr2525
11-03-12, 05:11 AM
I breed magic and fire many times but comes out charm, never get Planet or Titan.

I'm at level 30 but still get no Genie, Eagle, Titan, Planet, Serpent, Wizard.

Sad..................

salinho
11-03-12, 05:27 AM
I breed magic and fire many times but comes out charm, never get Planet or Titan.

I'm at level 30 but still get no Genie, Eagle, Titan, Planet, Serpent, Wizard.

Sad..................

No genie? O__o

srsr2525
11-03-12, 05:45 AM
No genie? O__o

No Genie, ALWAYS give me coral. Sad.................

srsr2525
11-03-12, 05:48 AM
No genie? O__o

Should be coral, forgot what it gives me but not Genie. :(

salinho
11-03-12, 05:55 AM
No Genie, ALWAYS give me coral. Sad.................

How can you get a coral whenyou're trying for a genie? XD
Genie is air and magic.
Coral ir water and magic.
For genie, simply breed air with magic. It's a common, so it's easy to get!

salinho
11-03-12, 05:56 AM
Maybe you're mistaking genie with something else xD go to this thread and check:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?28258-Dragon-Story-Lists-(In-Progress)&p=301546&viewfull=1#post301546

OrdinaryJoe
11-03-12, 11:57 AM
So, is there anyone here that has ALL the different dragons? Is it possible to get them ALL?

foxxiegirl
11-03-12, 12:10 PM
So, is there anyone here that has ALL the different dragons? Is it possible to get them ALL?

Yes, i have every dragon possible. I've had countless multiples of rare/super/ultra Dragons that i needed to sell because i have no space for them. Starts to become less enjoyable when you have nostorageoption and you keep breeding all these great dragons. I'd love to be able to swap my dragons out sometimes :(

mammami08
11-03-12, 06:42 PM
I to have them al, but the leopard. I don't buy gold so it might take some time to get this one since the fail is 24 hours most of the time, but it's ok, it's not limited and i don't have to breed for anything else anyway...

Takiofallen
11-03-12, 07:53 PM
If you have every dragon possible (61) then you should have plenty of room. 30 habitats equal 90 dragons. Just collect doubles of the ones you like most
Yes, i have every dragon possible. I've had countless multiples of rare/super/ultra Dragons that i needed to sell because i have no space for them. Starts to become less enjoyable when you have nostorageoption and you keep breeding all these great dragons. I'd love to be able to swap my dragons out sometimes :(

shouby87
11-03-12, 08:11 PM
You said you never buy gold and now having all dragons except for Leopard?

You must be very very very lucky.

Considering those common dragon,
those failure time (Island: another 20hr, Poison: 21 hr again...),
those extremely low possibilities to get SR or UR.....

VERY VERY VERY LUCKY.

I to have them al, but the leopard. I don't buy gold so it might take some time to get this one since the fail is 24 hours most of the time, but it's ok, it's not limited and i don't have to breed for anything else anyway...

totaltechno
11-03-12, 08:36 PM
If you have every dragon possible (61) then you should have plenty of room. 30 habitats equal 90 dragons. Just collect doubles of the ones you like most

What about factoring in that there's only small Diamond habitats?

mammami08
11-03-12, 08:38 PM
You said you never buy gold and now having all dragons except for Leopard?

You must be very very very lucky.

Considering those common dragon,
those failure time (Island: another 20hr, Poison: 21 hr again...),
those extremely low possibilities to get SR or UR.....

VERY VERY VERY LUCKY.

I'v been playing for a long time, early june i think. I had every dragon befor the LE:s and have had my time of fails whit them to. I got witch and pumpkin the first round the were about and tried for zombie about five times and Boo six times. I do get gold from nice neighbors (about 7-10) a day and i do use those to speed up. I have been lucky whit the "download other team lava games" and ther you can earn 75 golds per game. I didn't say i didn't use gold just that i didn't buy it.

And yes, i consider my self quite lucky, but i had more luck befor new dawn.

shouby87
11-04-12, 05:50 PM
I am curious that you might be the potential evidence of those "Lucky Island" theory, which I thought it was ridiculous.

Since you got lucky all the way, I want to follow your Leopard-hunting time if you don't mind.

I bet you could get Leopard very soon, would you let us know when you get one?

And how many time did you try?

Always some people can just make "super rare" not "super" anymore and not "rare" at all......:(

I'v been playing for a long time, early june i think. I had every dragon befor the LE:s and have had my time of fails whit them to. I got witch and pumpkin the first round the were about and tried for zombie about five times and Boo six times. I do get gold from nice neighbors (about 7-10) a day and i do use those to speed up. I have been lucky whit the "download other team lava games" and ther you can earn 75 golds per game. I didn't say i didn't use gold just that i didn't buy it.

And yes, i consider my self quite lucky, but i had more luck befor new dawn.

mammami08
11-04-12, 07:36 PM
I am curious that you might be the potential evidence of those "Lucky Island" theory, which I thought it was ridiculous.

Since you got lucky all the way, I want to follow your Leopard-hunting time if you don't mind.

I bet you could get Leopard very soon, would you let us know when you get one?

And how many time did you try?

Always some people can just make "super rare" not "super" anymore and not "rare" at all......:(

Sorry, but i havn't been lucky all the way, i had quite a hard time to get my diamond, took me over two months but i git all the other rares and superrares trying ;)

I'll let you know when i, if i get leopard. I m on my fifth try, so far only 24 h sunrise, but first one was griffin, wich i sold...

Befor leopard came out i was trying pumpkin and witch together, they should be able to breed a diamond. I manage four tries befor the leopard got out and first was a life (common), second a wild (rare) third a life (common) and last one a planet (super rare). So two out of four...

I was also the first one on the forum to discover and breed infinity with fairy and wizard.

Well with this said i'm sure someone at Team Lava reads this and take away my luck ;) please don't do that, theres no such things as a lucky island, it's hard work and trying new combos... ;)