PDA

View Full Version : 1,408,532,972 xp to next level. Almost 1 1/2 BILLION??

kahlan531
11-01-12, 06:03 PM
A few minutes ago, I had about 18,000 xp to go until level 98. Now, suddenly, I am level 98 with 1,408,532,972 xp to the next level. What??

Edit:

Why did you make changes to our levels?
It was necessary to adjust the leveling system in order to balance the progression rate in the games. Many of the highest levels are different, so they are not ordinary levels. These levels required an insane amount of experience, which meant that reaching these levels was a hard, but significant achievement. These super levels had to be balanced, so that you can smoothly progress from one level to the next, instead of hitting a plateau.

Why did some players jump up in levels and others go down?
To balance the level system, we didn't just change the level caps, but we also adjusted the experience requirement for all of the levels. This means the amount of experience you need to level is different from before, so you may see a different level depending on how much experience you have.

You added more levels to Farm Story. Why not do the same for the rest of the games?
Please remember that these games are not the same. It would be AWESOME if we could just copy and paste changes and apply them to other games, but because the games are different, each one has to be handled differently.

Adding more levels on top of the old level system would not work. If we did this, most players will never reach the new levels, because they will still hit the plateau and grind through the super levels. So to add new levels, the progression rate needs to be balanced, which is what we did in Farm Story.

When we introduced new levels, some players immediately jumped 10 to 20 levels. Why? Because we adjusted the experience requirements for the old levels, but also because you never stop earning experience. Even when you reach the level cap, you'll notice you're still gaining experience.

So why did Farm Story get more levels and we didn't? You balanced the level system, but didn't add more levels.
We plan on adding more levels (hopefully soon), but we will need to update the games to support them.

Why do I need millions of experience to reach the new level 100?
Technically, level 100 doesn't exist, since the level cap is now 99. Even when you reach the level cap, we want you to continue gaining experience, so this creates a huge ceiling so you never stop gaining experience.

kahlan531
11-01-12, 06:05 PM
...and I was looking forward to getting to level 99! Now, it's impossible. Has the level cap been lowered? How does that affect those who already level 99, or even 100?

greygull
11-01-12, 06:13 PM
I'm seeing this as well, I'll see if I can find out what's going on.

yenners15
11-01-12, 06:17 PM
i was 40,000 away from Level 99 and now i'm 1.5 billion XP away!! please tell me its a bug!! :((

hotwingzz
11-01-12, 06:26 PM
A few minutes ago, I had about 18,000 xp to go until level 98. Now, suddenly, I am level 98 with 1,408,532,972 xp to the next level. What??

I have the same issue I'm not happy at all what the heck

scottydog
11-01-12, 06:49 PM
I went from lvl 99 to lvl 98 and now need a billion and a half to get back to where I already was! Why would I continue to play?

retro71
11-01-12, 06:51 PM
I'm at level 94 & I have long since cared about levels. There are no new appliance slots or other real incentives. They could make it 99 bajillion points & it wouldn't matter, sadly.

leadfoot
11-01-12, 07:43 PM
I reached level 99 several weeks ago and now I notice I'm back to level 98 too. That's not fair!

mattyboo1
11-01-12, 07:44 PM
I just got moved down to level 98 I was at 99 it says I need over 1 billion xp to got to 99 what happened

11-01-12, 09:38 PM
GG, Could you pls help me with this issue. I have half way to reach level 100. Now, i am only level 98 and my XP it's down too. What's going on with TL?

dancingsnickerdoodle
11-01-12, 10:45 PM
Same with me. I was Lvl 99, needed 6 million to Lvl 100. Now I'm Lvl 98 & need 1.4 BILLION to get beck to 99!!! Why do they keep messing with stuff?

captnfirepants
11-01-12, 10:46 PM
998,240,437 XP to next level

Really TL?? Really?

In what lifetime?

808cook
11-01-12, 11:08 PM
I really hope this is a glitch and this will be resolved. I went from level 99 back to 98 and will need to earn 1.4 billion XPs to get back to 99. I had 3.5 million to go...couple months...now it years.

11-02-12, 12:43 AM
Same with me. I was Lvl 99, needed 6 million to Lvl 100. Now I'm Lvl 98 & need 1.4 BILLION to get beck to 99!!! Why do they keep messing with stuff?
I was level 99 and need 5 million XP to Level 100.

tonynguyen0281
11-02-12, 12:43 AM
Me too...oh my god!!! 1 billion for next 99?

erxi9
11-02-12, 01:09 AM
Me too. (********also in PSS*********)
Please fix this asap

Mimifat
11-02-12, 01:13 AM
😱 What's happening its has taken me almost a year to get to level 97 now it will take years i don't care to dedicate if not fixed. 🚨🚨🚨Get busy TL?get real busy this is too MURCH🚨🚨🚨

ozoz12
11-02-12, 01:44 AM
Hi GC please help find out what's going on? I now from 100 to 98 which mean if TL not fixing this it means either they plan to closed for the business since they made it so hard for everyone or well I really it is time for all of us to go!
The sad thing is we hardly see Team lava staff will come out to explain all these issues (maybe once in a blue moon they replied). As a big company they should know customer is their asset! Not always push the moderator to do all the running n they hide behind the scene :-(

JohnDede
11-02-12, 01:59 AM
My, My. Jumped from level 96 to level 98, and I'm under a billion XP to the next level. Cakewalk!

Similar post in BS.

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p561/jhn832/games/IMG_0048.jpg

dawnasparagus
11-02-12, 03:01 AM
Ok, I NEVER complain about anything on this game, but if this doesn't get fixed, I'm quitting!! I've been level 99 for months and months and was more than halfway to level 100 and this morning I'm back down to a level 98?!?!? No way!!!!!!! ��

jusey
11-02-12, 03:40 AM
It's the same bug in bakery story. I have a question. Can I still cook and tip my neighboors while they fix the problem?

hotwingzz
11-02-12, 03:42 AM
I don't think this is gonna be fixed cause as you can see we are not getting any help or answers from them fist we get double prices, we lose gems and its are fault for whatever lame reason they tell us. And now they change the levels on us I'm sorry but I'm getting really sick of them messing us over I truly think this will be the last straw for sooo many people its pure bs they way they treat their customers great job guys your messed up big time you are nothing but greedy

11-02-12, 04:22 AM
I don't think this is gonna be fixed cause as you can see we are not getting any help or answers from them fist we get double prices, we lose gems and its are fault for whatever lame reason they tell us. And now they change the levels on us I'm sorry but I'm getting really sick of them messing us over I truly think this will be the last straw for sooo many people its pure bs they way they treat their customers great job guys your messed up big time you are nothing but greedy
I'm pretty sure TL r having issue at the moment. If u check on each of the games. They are facing the same issue with level of the games. In the farm, someone have achieved level 131 lol. Initially, this person is in level 97 with a sudden jump to level 131.
In RS, there was one occasion that TL has doubled the price, so I'm not surprise that they double the price in BS too. Well, I'm a number years in IT field. The main point is 1. Whether they r WILLING to fix the issue and how soon they are going to fix it.
I can see they face more issue with Android application.

11-02-12, 04:23 AM
Have mercy!!!!! Tl

mattyboo1
11-02-12, 04:37 AM
Please I just reached 99 this is so unfair

superblyfly
11-02-12, 04:46 AM
i was at level 99 now im back to 98.. this sucks with a capital S

kimeliciouse
11-02-12, 05:42 AM
I was almost at lvl 99 and now starting 98 AGAIN.... Really TL... Come on..

BeauzYo24
11-02-12, 06:04 AM
I'm in the same boat, have nearly a billion to go to reach level 99. Let's hope they get this fixed, or I'm sure they will loose many players in this game.

Farmaniac
11-02-12, 06:25 AM
Well, until today I would have stated levels don't really matter because you have nothing as incentive for reaching them. But today, when I realized i've been downgraded from level 99 to 98, I have to commit I'm annoyed.

In bakery I've been very close to level 99, too, just a few thousand points, but now 99 seems unreachable.

Yeah, I'm p***ed of.

shiraz81
11-02-12, 07:26 AM
I JUST JUST JUST HIT Level 99 last week. I worked SO hard... please don't do this to me!!

kitthecat
11-02-12, 07:51 AM
This is just crazy, most story games get a higher level cap (Farm, DS, MonsterS, HDS) , yet RS and BS level cap were decreased. In RS and BS lv97 players become lv98, lv99 players become lv98...... TL what's next?!

11-02-12, 09:42 AM
I was almost at lvl 99 and now starting 98 AGAIN.... Really TL... Come on..
Hi Kim, I have reached level 99 n my xp is half way to reach level 100. What do u think?

pinkster73
11-02-12, 09:58 AM
Honestly what does it matter? After a certain level (75 in farm for example) you've unlocked everything there is to be had. Your level after that affects absolutely nothing. Being level 100 is exactly the same as being level 250. Its a non-issue.

jackie2006
11-02-12, 10:03 AM
I was level 99 and need 8 million to lvl 100. But now I only lvl 98 and need 1 billion to go level 99. I am playing almost a year but only get about 2mil xp. How to i find that much XP to move up level. What is going on here?

jackie2006
11-02-12, 10:06 AM
Why they are not give me up level to 100 instead of drop down.

Honestly what does it matter? After a certain level (75 in farm for example) you've unlocked everything there is to be had. Your level after that affects absolutely nothing. Being level 100 is exactly the same as being level 250. Its a non-issue.

trilogylass
11-02-12, 10:33 AM
I thought I was losing my mind because I knew I was close to 99...thank goodness for the Forum. At least I am not alone or having memory loss. However, I am more than frustrated at this arbitrary decision TL has made. Slowly, I am about to give up the game.

trilogylass
11-02-12, 10:36 AM
Yes, I know, the higher level gives us nothing...it's just a way to know who is seriously playing the game and to cheer one another on when we reach another goal.

LuigiLandia
11-02-12, 11:18 AM

A non-issue?! Mind you, I played for almost 2 years & a half to finally get to LEVEL 100 & now I have to be happy to be back to level 98 without any possibility to reach 99?!
If this is not a bug, I'm done with TL & all his games & out of this world & non-existing customer care!!

By the way TL, have you ever heard of crisis management?! A word from you on YOUR forum would be enough to stop people complaining... If it's a bug just say you're working to fix it, if all this is intentional just state it plain & clearly... You won't have many more happy customers if you don't use YOUR forum to answer people!!

Yarox
11-02-12, 11:23 AM
...By the way TL, have you ever heard of crisis management?! A word from you on YOUR forum would be enough to stop people complaining... If it's a bug just say you're working to fix it, if all this is intentional just state it plain & clearly...

Yeah an update, any update on this lvl 98 bug (as I call it) would be great.
1) they are working on it and wont post anything before it's fixed
or
2) they have weekend on their minds and we wont be hearing a thing till monday

monkeynuts21
11-02-12, 11:30 AM
I jumped from lvl 96 to 98! Which is equally bizarre. It is surely a bug

ErwinB
11-02-12, 11:48 AM
The purpose in playing any game is to level up and not down!!!
If for some weird reason the game developer decides to make a certain level as good as unreachable, there is no longer a reason to keep playing that game.
I have been playing EVERY DAY for the last 2 years. Result: level 99 with 8 000 000 XP.
Setting the next level on 100 000 000 is just rediculous!!!!

kahlan531
11-02-12, 12:36 PM
I have now dropped from 1,408,532,972 xp, to 998,466,054 xp needed to get to level 99.

At my current pace I will reach the next level in 665 YEARS!

Why all these changes and what is going on. What is the purpose? I think everyone would like some explanation from Team Lava. Please!!

sweetstuff525
11-02-12, 12:40 PM
I went from 96 to level 98

LuigiLandia
11-02-12, 01:04 PM
Is there any moderator around?
Can we at least have a honest answer from them if TL has decided not to answer us?
What's the use of having a forum if all our questions remain unanswered?

pinkster73
11-02-12, 01:06 PM
How exactly is it a crises? Does it affect your cooking? Visiting? Mastering? Unlocking? Decorating?

Nope.

LuigiLandia
11-02-12, 01:10 PM
How exactly is it a crises? Does it affect your cooking? Visiting? Mastering? Unlocking? Decorating?

Nope.

It affects my willing to keep on playing!! What would you feel like to be pushed back from 100 to 98? I personally feel let down by TL!!

greygull
11-02-12, 01:20 PM
The leveling system has recently changed in most TeamLava games. The new maximum level allowed is now 99. These changes were made to balance the progression rate in the games. This includes changing the experience requirements for each level, which means your current level may have been adjusted in the new leveling system. Not all the games will be max level 99. The maximum level is the following for each; Treasure Story (75), Farm Story (150), Pet Hotel Story (150), Dragon Story (95), and Monster Story (30). We will continue to make improvements to the leveling system, so the maximum levels may change in the future.

Post from BP

LuigiLandia
11-02-12, 01:26 PM
greygull, can you explain why I've pushed back to 98 if I was level 100? Shouldn't I be at least level 99? Call me stupid, dumb, limited or whatever you like, but I REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND!!

LuigiLandia
11-02-12, 01:32 PM
Furthermore, there are people that went from 96 to 98.
Do you think it's fair for people like me who bought hundreds of gems unlocking many extra appliances to see others who have been playing for less time being at the same level?!
ALL OF THIS IS REALLY UNFAIR!!

mattyboo1
11-02-12, 02:01 PM
If it is supposed to balance the games why give level 150 To farm story

dria_91
11-02-12, 03:07 PM
I recently made it to level 97 early this week on RS. Yesterday I went to check on food and noticed I was at level 98 0_o. I was only LV 96 on BS and that was also bumped to 98. Not that in complaining! Lol just curious why that happened so randomly. Did this happen to anyone else?

gail66
11-02-12, 03:24 PM
same goes for me what's happening any one know why 99 level as reduced to 98 if it's staying like this I'm gonna quit

dria_91
11-02-12, 03:46 PM
Wow Gail! U got reduced to 98 from 99?! This must be a bad glitch

dria_91
11-02-12, 03:54 PM
Hmmm seems like my thread was moved to this one. Now I see what has happened. Even though I've been pushed up, I feel terribly sorry for you guys who have been pushed back. I feel that's unfair, they could've pushed the people who were level 100 down to 99.

queentina3
11-02-12, 03:54 PM
It looks to me that when TL made the changes in the level they changed the requirements for each level. For those that were on level 96/97 and got bumped up to 98, it is probably because the amount of XP needed to get from 96 to 97 to 98 was lowered so you were automatically bumped up to 98 when the change was made. For those that were on level 99 or 100 that were bumped DOWN to 98, it is probably because to get to level 99 you need 1 BILLION XP. Most likely you didn't have 1 BILLION XP when you were at level 99 or 100 so you got bumped DOWN to 98.

BP stated that the highest level for RS/BS is now 99, if there are people out there still showing level 99 or 100, it could be because they either haven't logged into their games yet so the change hasn't been applied, or they had enough XP to actually be at those levels with the requirement changes.

This is just my opinion, but honestly anything past level 73 is useless anyways since that is when the last FREE appliance spot gets open and there are NO REWARDS for leveling up past that point. I know many LIKE to be at the highest level possible, but it isn't like TL GIVES us anything for reaching the Max Level, so like Pinkster I honestly don't see what all the panic and/or frustration with TL on this issue is about. I could understand if you got bumped down 10, 20, even 30 levels, but honestly, 2 levels or just 1 level below the new max level and people are talking about quitting? Quit over raised prices, not over a newly instituted level cap. *shrugs*

lesami
11-02-12, 04:14 PM
It looks to me that when TL made the changes in the level they changed the requirements for each level. For those that were on level 96/97 and got bumped up to 98, it is probably because the amount of XP needed to get from 96 to 97 to 98 was lowered so you were automatically bumped up to 98 when the change was made. For those that were on level 99 or 100 that were bumped DOWN to 98, it is probably because to get to level 99 you need 1 BILLION XP. Most likely you didn't have 1 BILLION XP when you were at level 99 or 100 so you got bumped DOWN to 98.

BP stated that the highest level for RS/BS is now 99, if there are people out there still showing level 99 or 100, it could be because they either haven't logged into their games yet so the change hasn't been applied, or they had enough XP to actually be at those levels with the requirement changes.

This is just my opinion, but honestly anything past level 73 is useless anyways since that is when the last FREE appliance spot gets open and there are NO REWARDS for leveling up past that point. I know many LIKE to be at the highest level possible, but it isn't like TL GIVES us anything for reaching the Max Level, so like Pinkster I honestly don't see what all the panic and/or frustration with TL on this issue is about. I could understand if you got bumped down 10, 20, even 30 levels, but honestly, 2 levels or just 1 level below the new max level and people are talking about quitting? Quit over raised prices, not over a newly instituted level cap. *shrugs*

I understand what your saying however personally these are little goals for me and changing them i feel is unfair .imagine running a race that you knew was a 100 miles to get 3/4 the way thru and find out the official decided in his wisdom to make it a 2,000 mile race. it kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth and you lose your drive to even want to compete....Just sayin'

hotwingzz
11-02-12, 04:38 PM
I understand what your saying however personally these are little goals for me and changing them i feel is unfair .imagine running a race that you knew was a 100 miles to get 3/4 the way thru and find out the official decided in his wisdom to make it a 2,000 mile race. it kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth and you lose your drive to even want to compete....Just sayin'
I agree 100% cause that's what I do me n one of my friends try to see who can get to the next level first. Idk y there's people saying who cares cause u don't get anything. But who really cares if you don't. It was fun to see who can level first. That's y n anyways it's not fair to take something back that was yours they upped the levels so if they really wanted to do it for what they said then y up them in the first place rite. I bet it's really cause less people are buying gems so that what just another way to get us. The game is getting less fun everyday with these changes.

11-02-12, 04:39 PM

This is not a change requirement. their coding has an issue with it. If you check on each of the games, they have an issue with leveling the game.
1 of my neighbor in the farm, yesterday her farm level is 97, today her level is 131. If you think is this make sense?

mmmmmatt
11-02-12, 04:48 PM
Post from BP

So BP's post is the definitive answer? The level change is by design and not a bug that is being fixed? If so, this is rediculous. I was so close to 99, even had a little competition for the last 2 months with one of my nbrs to see who got to 99 first, and this happens right near the end. I don't understand the logic in this change, that we lose a level but they increase other games to 150 levels??

sweetstuff525
11-02-12, 04:51 PM
This is not a change requirement. their coding has an issue with it. If you check on each of the games, they have an issue with leveling the game.
1 of my neighbor in the farm, yesterday her farm level is 97, today her level is 131. If you think is this make sense?

The new cap level in farm is 150 your neighbor had enough xp to reach that level ... Since her xp was just adding

Don't know why they didn't put bakery and restaurant cap at 150 also like that no one would have been bumped back

Don't make sence eventhough it's just a number for some and something important to others

habibass
11-02-12, 05:40 PM
same goes for me what's happening any one know why 99 level as reduced to 98 if it's staying like this I'm gonna quit
Yeah, right. Like hundreds of players said they gonna quit after the price hike in Bakery Story and only few of them did. Just admit that TL can do ANYTHING and you still keep on playing and buying gems.
Gail, its not dedicated personally to you, i just took your message as an example.

Baraze
11-02-12, 06:00 PM
I went up one level. Now 98. So again I say, I like this silly change!

mollyblue
11-02-12, 06:57 PM
Here's a thought.... yes, once we get to the high levels (I was 97 yesterday and got bumped to 98) there is really nothing left except to master recipes and redecorate... how about giving us an option to close up shop and start a brand new restaurant?? I understand why it's not an option right from the beginning - but why not later on? Would TL think a player at the beginning would be more motivated to play/buy gems, etc?

lin77
11-02-12, 07:02 PM
I really don't care about the new level change...there is nothing to unlock anyway. I just master recipes for the gems. I don't even look at my level or xp anymore!

skayd
11-02-12, 07:09 PM
Wen't from 96 & 1.13M xp to 98 & 1.03M xp, so both level and xp changed.

redbites
11-02-12, 07:53 PM
I was level 97 yesterday with 200k experience until level 98 and now I'm already level 98 and I will never be able to get to lvl 99 because it requires 999 million experience. How did I just jump an lvl? Does anyone know?

happyiz
11-02-12, 08:35 PM
I was 99 lv, but 98 now. What happening? I hope it's a bug. It's so unfair
I lost my level and I might lose my friend too :-(

bdocc
11-02-12, 08:47 PM
I know someone who was at level 100 and then became a level 98!

11-02-12, 08:49 PM
I know someone who was at level 100 and then became a level 98!
Is that Aunty J? Drop from level 100 down to level 98.

kitthecat
11-02-12, 11:01 PM

hi greygull. So, have u found out anything fr TL?

minidemon88
11-03-12, 01:51 AM
After reading this, I do feel sad for those who's level got decreased down. Achieving from level 96 to 100 isn't an easy tasks and it take plenty of play time and effort to achieve that high level. Though it may seem pointless to some, but at least to me it make me feel happy & proud to be able to achieved that high level. But now we have players from level 96/97 jumped to level 98 overnight. A nice surprised for them, but honestly it doesn't make me feel happy seeing this. Before this happened, I was at nearly 1/2 XP away to level 99. Now I'm 998, 289, 305XP to level 99. Feel so demoralized after seeing this! >_<

ErwinB
11-03-12, 02:27 AM
It's a typical reaction from undedicated players to say the number of the level doesn't matter.
I've been playing for 2 years, tipping and gifting my 150 nbrs EVERY DAY. Why? To achieve the next level!!!
If in any game a level gets set to an unreachable height, it means you loose your drive....
I average 28000XP/day.....it would take me app. 97 years to get to level 99 to find out it is the end of the game?!!

cheuk18me94
11-03-12, 02:27 AM
It just simply means that the offical maximum level is level 98.

qaqueen
11-03-12, 02:36 AM
My restaurant is another that dropped from 99 to 98. I made level 99 without buying a single gem. Guys, I am a 48 year old woman. I will not live long enough to see level 99 again.

LuigiLandia
11-03-12, 06:02 AM
It's a typical reaction from undedicated players to say the number of the level doesn't matter.

UNDEDICATED PLAYERS are exactly what TL deserves right now. People who'll never bother to use real money to buy gems & who'll never go to the AppStore to rate their games.

Another for Mr. Greygull: why do I still see 3 players [Jenny, Arosia, Season's Caf?] still being on level 100 when you said maximum level is now 98? Isn't TL's new level policy THE SAME FOR EVERY PLAYERS? Are there better players than others who deserve better treatment?

JohnDede
11-03-12, 08:41 AM
Greygull is a she. If you're seeing 100s, they probably haven't opened their game, and will likely change as soon as their game connects to the servers.

queentina3
11-03-12, 09:03 AM
I've been playing for 2 years, tipping and gifting my 150 nbrs EVERY DAY. Why? To achieve the next level!!!
If in any game a level gets set to an unreachable height, it means you loose your drive....
I average 28000XP/day.....it would take me app. 97 years to get to level 99 to find out it is the end of the game?!!

I'm not an undedicated player and I still say anything about level 73 is pretty much useless for RS/BS/Nightclub because you get NOTHING from TL after those levels are unlocked. Just like anything above level 75 in Farm and level 41 in Fashion are useless.

I've been playing TL games since last December and I'm level 97/98 in BS/RS/Fashion/Farm so I wouldn't lump everyone that disagrees about the level cap into the "undedicated" category. Everyone has different goals when it comes to TL games. Mine was to master all recipes/crops/trees/catalogs and have fun decorating. Level only really mattered to me in regards to having everything available when it was released. Others obviously have the goal of being the highest level offered. At this point TL has made the highest level possible to be 98 in BS/RS since 99 seems pretty much unachievable in human lifespan. So, for those that have the goal of being the highest level, if they're level 98 they've achieved that.

Everyone has different goals and opinions on how to play the game, lumping people into a category because they don't agree doesn't seem right to me. To each their own I guess. *shrugs*

pinkster73
11-03-12, 09:12 AM

Undedicated players? Have you seen my farm? Ive also been playing for 2 years and have never dropped below a 4 star rating. So i guess not caring about a useless number makes me undedicated. Ya ok.

ErwinB
11-03-12, 09:51 AM
Undedicated players? Have you seen my farm? Ive also been playing for 2 years and have never dropped below a 4 star rating. So i guess not caring about a useless number makes me undedicated. Ya ok.

If you don't care about a number why do you point out you never dropped below the 4 star rating???? 4 is also just a number, right?!!
My defenition of undedicated: not playing EVERY DAY, not posting you tipped, not clearing your tables for days...
The number of a level is important because it shows the effort and time (at least 2 hours/day in my case) someone has invested into this game......

pinkster73
11-03-12, 10:09 AM
If you don't care about a number why do you point out you never dropped below the 4 star rating???? 4 is also just a number, right?!!
My defenition of undedicated: not playing EVERY DAY, not posting you tipped, not clearing your tables for days...
The number of a level is important because it shows the effort and time (at least 2 hours/day in my case) someone has invested into this game......

The star rating is a much better indicator of your playing dedication. You can be level 150 and never water, tip, etc. Your point is not logical.

sourlicorice5
11-03-12, 10:19 AM
The star rating is a much better indicator of your playing dedication. You can be level 150 and never water, tip, etc. Your point is not logical.

I so agree.

lyer1
11-03-12, 10:20 AM
A non-issue?! Mind you, I played for almost 2 years & a half to finally get to LEVEL 100 & now I have to be happy to be back to level 98 without any possibility to reach 99?!
If this is not a bug, I'm done with TL & all his games & out of this world & non-existing customer care!!

By the way TL, have you ever heard of crisis management?! A word from you on YOUR forum would be enough to stop people complaining... If it's a bug just say you're working to fix it, if all this is intentional just state it plain & clearly... You won't have many more happy customers if you don't use YOUR forum to answer people!!

I'm with Luigi on this! (It's Zig's, btw...)- I've been playing this game going on 3 years now, and spent enough money to send TL's kids through (community) college, and I feel like I EARNED Level 99! It's not about getting more appliances or food levels unlocked, its about R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!! Ya'll know that song?! Go download it off iTunes...I'm listening to it RIGHT NOW and I post this, and then as I continue to empty out Zig's Juke Joint of all tables and chairs and close that puppy down. And ANOTHER THING- GREAT TIMING, TL!! For those of us who lost homes, belongings, power etc. in the Super-storm here on the U.S. east coast, this was a WONDERFUL development to come back to when I was finally able to log back on when power and WiFi were restored, THOUGH it does put things in perspective- Good bye TL.

greygull
11-03-12, 10:27 AM
First: the post I quoted from BP is all the information I've been given. I have requested for additional information as well (and I am female ;))

Second: everyone has the right to their opinion. Everyone is allowed to play the way they choose, and have their own personal goals. If there is any more attacks, posts will start being deleted, since I want to leave this thread open for those that want to discuss the level changes.

lyer1
11-03-12, 10:50 AM
UNDEDICATED PLAYERS are exactly what TL deserves right now. People who'll never bother to use real money to buy gems & who'll never go to the AppStore to rate their games.

Another for Mr. Greygull: why do I still see 3 players [Jenny, Arosia, Season's Caf?] still being on level 100 when you said maximum level is now 98? Isn't TL's new level policy THE SAME FOR EVERY PLAYERS? Are there better players than others who deserve better treatment?

Excellent question, Luigi! I can't wait to hear the answer about the disparity of the levels 99 and 100 that ARE still in existence (a few are my neighbors) IF 98 is supposed to be the maximum level...

mattyboo1
11-03-12, 10:50 AM
I still don't understand why they changed this

ErwinB
11-03-12, 12:01 PM
A sugestion to the game developers:

Why not keep the 10 million gap between levels once you reach level 99?
Every one that plays the game knows they have a tough job ahead.
I know some players don't care about the level number, so there's no problem there...
The players who do care about the level number will still have their goals to achieve...
But setting a level on an unreachable height has no point!

LuigiLandia
11-03-12, 12:02 PM
First: the post I quoted from BP is all the information I've been given. I have requested for additional information as well (and I am female ;))

Second: everyone has the right to their opinion. Everyone is allowed to play the way they choose, and have their own personal goals. If there is any more attacks, posts will start being deleted, since I want to leave this thread open for those that want to discuss the level changes.

Let me put it way, Ms. Greygull.
I'm really very very unhappy with the recent changes TL made to levels in its games & would really want to have much much more explanations about that.
So, can you pretty please ask to Mr. [or Ms.] TL to write something official on this forum?
Thank you so much for your attention.

lyer1
11-03-12, 12:27 PM
My last renovation: Good bye Zig's...
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w406/u95768/cab79cb803b240376452a71f316e1459.jpg

queentina3
11-03-12, 12:27 PM
Let me put it way, Ms. Greygull.
I'm really very very unhappy with the recent changes TL made to levels in its games & would really want to have much much more explanations about that.
So, can you pretty please ask to Mr. [or Ms.] TL to write something official on this forum?
Thank you so much for your attention.

Direct Quote from ButterPanda = TL Employee Mod

The leveling system has recently changed in most TeamLava games. The new maximum level allowed is now 99. These changes were made to balance the progression rate in the games. This includes changing the experience requirements for each level, which means your current level may have been adjusted in the new leveling system. Not all the games will be max level 99. The maximum level is the following for each; Treasure Story (75), Farm Story (150), Pet Hotel Story (150), Dragon Story (95), and Monster Story (30). We will continue to make improvements to the leveling system, so the maximum levels may change in the future.

What GG originally posted WAS an official explanation and posted on the forum in another thread similar to this one. Most likely we won't see anything more from TL Employee Mods as they've ALREADY given their official response.

LuigiLandia
11-03-12, 12:36 PM
Direct Quote from ButterPanda = TL Employee Mod

What GG originally posted WAS an official explanation and posted on the forum in another thread similar to this one. Most likely we won't see anything more from TL Employee Mods as they've ALREADY given their official response.

this explanation isn't enough for me and, above all, I want my level 100 back.

dancingsnickerdoodle
11-03-12, 01:29 PM
I was LVL 99 & needed 6 million to lvl 100. Now I've been dropped to LVL 98 & need 1 Billion ~ yes Billion with a B! To get back to lvl 99.

Between this & doubling the prices in BS, I'm beginning to think TL doesn't want me playing anymore!

What is going on???? Replace the LVLs in RS & replace the pricing in BS. I estimate within 2 months I should be bankrupt in BS & need to close.

Games are supposed to be FUN, but it seems as though TL has forgotten that.

sweetstuff525
11-03-12, 01:30 PM
But they raised farm to 150

yup they should have done the same to restaurant and bakery

chewytwix
11-03-12, 02:19 PM
My restaurant is another that dropped from 99 to 98. I made level 99 without buying a single gem. Guys, I am a 48 year old woman. I will not live long enough to see level 99 again.

Sorry I know this isn't funny, but I chuckled a bit. No one can reach 99, your baby, your baby's baby, your baby's baby's baby, etc. No one!

jusey
11-03-12, 02:52 PM
I don't think this is gonna be fixed. And I don't think they will give us more explanations about the level changes. Im one of the players which restaurant/bakery jumped from level 97 to 98. But this isn't cool at all. You can't just change the levels without any warnings. Let people have their original levels. I do understand the users anger. Take a view from all the users side. We all use a lot of time, REAL money to buy gems. If it wasn't for us all Teamlava wouldn't exist. They only do their business because we buy gems!

hotwingzz
11-03-12, 03:25 PM
Funny how they do that to the two most popular games those ones seem like they get changed in a bad way a lot lately.

ErwinB
11-03-12, 04:06 PM
Post from BP

Can someone please explain me what balancing the progression rate in games means?

The way I see it is: I don't care how the level rating goes in a game I don't play. I don't care what the prices are or what the achievements are...
Its like comparing apples with lemons to me....what does FS, BS, CS, etc....have to do with RS and vice versa?!
Each game has its charmes, good and bad things but the only link they have is Team Lava.

qaqueen
11-03-12, 04:53 PM
It is funny in a way, and you're absolutely correct. :)

qaqueen
11-03-12, 05:00 PM
Balance the progression level. Hmmmm. I've been a gamer for a long time, and I've never - NEVER - seen a game where it takes one billion xp to level.

lyer1
11-03-12, 09:47 PM
OK-Here's another question for those of you who were stripped down from the level you earned- Do your neighbors still see your old level? When I open my RS, I see my horrible demotion to level 98, and yet ALL OF MY NEIGHBORS STILL SAY IM LISTED AS LEVEL 99?! And let me save you some time before you suggest that they restart their game to reconnect to the servers etc., because I AM my OWN NEIGHBOR on 5 devices that I play on, My husband on 2 devices and my son on his device, and I restarted all games on all devices and I am being shown as level 99 through EVERY OTHER DEVICE other than the one with the ID that runs Zig's...So, my second question is WHAT THE HECK is REALLY going on here??

sweetstuff525
11-03-12, 09:56 PM
OK-Here's another question for those of you who were stripped down from the level you earned- Do your neighbors still see your old level? When I open my RS, I see my horrible demotion to level 98, and yet ALL OF MY NEIGHBORS STILL SAY IM LISTED AS LEVEL 99?! And let me save you some time before you suggest that they restart their game to reconnect to the servers etc., because I AM my OWN NEIGHBOR on 5 devices that I play on, My husband on 2 devices and my son on his device, and I restarted all games on all devices and I am being shown as level 99 through EVERY OTHER DEVICE other than the one with the ID that runs Zig's...So, my second question is WHAT THE HECK is REALLY going on here??

I just added you and I see you are level 98.... As for most of my neighbors. Since some where 96 and some 99 but now most are 98

lyer1
11-03-12, 09:59 PM
I just added you and I see you are level 98.... As for most of my neighbors. Since some where 96 and some 99 but now most are 98

How weird!! Do you see all the neighbor comments on my wall about still seeing me as 99? I just don't understand...

sweetstuff525
11-03-12, 10:15 PM
How weird!! Do you see all the neighbor comments on my wall about still seeing me as 99? I just don't understand...

Sorry about that... I had added you in bakery ... In bakery you are 98
But I now added you in restaurant and it says 99

It's weird

lyer1
11-03-12, 10:33 PM
Sorry about that... I had added you in bakery ... In bakery you are 98
But I now added you in restaurant and it says 99

It's weird

Here's a screen shot I JUST took (forgive the 2 stars-I'm usually a 4 star-We didn't have power for DAYS after Sandy...):
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w406/u95768/th_351248ea1b4bb5aa7d9f24e6d279dc88.jpg (http://s1074.photobucket.com/albums/w406/u95768/?action=view&current=351248ea1b4bb5aa7d9f24e6d279dc88.jpg)

lyer1
11-03-12, 10:36 PM
Ooooops!! That pic was blurry...here's a better one:
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w406/u95768/351248ea1b4bb5aa7d9f24e6d279dc88.jpg

ErwinB
11-04-12, 12:32 AM

Same thing here and with 48 of my nbrs.... On their own device they show 98, but when another goes to their resty it shows 99......just like Jenny still shows 100.....

ErwinB
11-04-12, 12:35 AM
Here's a screen shot I JUST took (forgive the 2 stars-I'm usually a 4 star-We didn't have power for DAYS after Sandy...):
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w406/u95768/th_351248ea1b4bb5aa7d9f24e6d279dc88.jpg (http://s1074.photobucket.com/albums/w406/u95768/?action=view&current=351248ea1b4bb5aa7d9f24e6d279dc88.jpg)

OH NO!!!! A level 99 with ONLY 2 stars!!! �� You're forgiven lol..... I really hope the only thing that Sandy ruined, is your resty game ��

mintominto82
11-04-12, 02:06 AM
I hit level 99 and stayed there fore three days before I got demoted back to 98!!! I worked so hard to get there!

gail66
11-04-12, 02:19 AM
I hope today's MAINTINANCE is to sort this levelling system back to what it ORIGANILY I want my level 99 back

LuigiLandia
11-04-12, 02:40 AM
I hope today's MAINTINANCE is to sort this levelling system back to what it ORIGANILY I want my level 99 back

You really believe TL is reconsidering?! Well, think again.
I just hope we aren't all back to level 10 after maintenance.

LuigiLandia
11-04-12, 04:25 AM
Maintenance is now over & everything stays the same as aspected.

beertjeanita
11-04-12, 05:16 AM
Probebly it is all for the 'longivity' of the game......

erxi9
11-04-12, 07:22 AM
Ridiculous level system's still goin on after maintenance.
This is not what i expected.
Think again TL!!!!!!!!!!!

CuddlyDragon
11-04-12, 01:23 PM
Hey everyone!

We are looking into this. :)

sterlingempire
11-04-12, 01:39 PM
Thank gosh it is a bug.

11-04-12, 01:59 PM
Thank gosh it is a bug.
I posted earlier that it doesn't make sense if for a sudden the levelling is downgrade or vice versa.
Hi mates, how r u going? How is the weather like over there?

kitthecat
11-05-12, 06:30 AM
Hey everyone!

So, does that mean it is a bug? Better look fast, some of my nbr quitted b'cos of this, and I'm also strongly considering quitting this game which I played for more thn 3 years

bobotheclown
11-05-12, 08:05 AM
It's the same way in BS. Went from 99 to 98 with no warning on RS or BS. This getting to be too much. Think it's time to end the madness of these games. I find it unbelievable that TL does this over & over. Wish I could give my coins & gems to my neighbors. Well, at least TL finally made my decision easy.

LuigiLandia
11-05-12, 09:32 AM
Hey everyone!

So, TL, have you already looked into this?
When are you likely to give a definitive answer to your paying customers?

sterlingempire
11-05-12, 09:36 AM
So, does that mean it is a bug? Better look fast, some of my nbr quitted b'cos of this, and I'm also strongly considering quitting this game which I played for more thn 3 years

I am assuming it's a bug.

queentina3
11-05-12, 09:45 AM
One TL Mod said it was by design and another TL Mod said they were looking into it, not that it was a bug. Does anyone at TL know what they are doing?

LuigiLandia
11-05-12, 10:39 AM
does anyone at tl know what they are doing?

nope!!

bobotheclown
11-05-12, 11:24 AM
I've been at level 99 in both RS & BS. The. Today I noticed my level has been dropped with no warning or explanation. This will probably tip the scales toward leaving both games. It's difficult to work for something & then have the rules arbitrarily changed. If its a bug, hope the fix it soon. If not, it's time to move on.

RoseMeyer
11-05-12, 11:49 AM
ooooooooooopsie, thanks for pointing that out. It was supposed to be 15 billion, not 1.5 billion.

just a typo.....

11-05-12, 02:25 PM
I've been at level 99 in both RS & BS. The. Today I noticed my level has been dropped with no warning or explanation. This will probably tip the scales toward leaving both games. It's difficult to work for something & then have the rules arbitrarily changed. If its a bug, hope the fix it soon. If not, it's time to move on.

I am assuming it's a bug.

One TL Mod said it was by design and another TL Mod said they were looking into it, not that it was a bug. Does anyone at TL know what they are doing?

ooooooooooopsie, thanks for pointing that out. It was supposed to be 15 billion, not 1.5 billion.

just a typo.....

I am not a TL staff but i am pretty sure that It is definitely a bug. I have dropped a pm to DW, there isn't any answer at all.
I tried to drop a pm to CuddlyDragon, the mailbox it's full. finally, I dropped a pm to MHz_ yesterday, I haven't received any pm back. why don't we (all of us) send/drop a pm to all the CM, so who get the answer first can share to all of us here.

hotwingzz
11-05-12, 02:56 PM
I emailed Friday waiting for a response if I ever get one ill tell you guys what it says

kooky panda
11-05-12, 03:54 PM
I emailed Friday waiting for a response if I ever get one ill tell you guys what it says
Please do not post your support email .
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?15033-Do-not-post-Support-emails-in-the-forum

Guys as soon as the community managers have an answered on this, they will let everyone know.

hotwingzz
11-05-12, 04:14 PM
Please do not post your support email .
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?15033-Do-not-post-Support-emails-in-the-forum

Guys as soon as the community managers have an answered on this, they will let everyone know.
Never said I was gonna just said I would say what they said

dria_91
11-05-12, 10:10 PM
What's going on?? Now I'm at level 99. Was at 97 in RS, then bumped up to 99. Was level 96 in BS then got bumped to 98 then 99.

erxi9
11-05-12, 10:26 PM
really odd...
I was lv97 (about 20000xp to 98) before this fiasco.

changed to lv98 (1.4 billion to 99) for brief moment.
then was 998,xxx,xxx for couple of days.
10mins ago another 1.4 billion, now it's 1.8 billion

what is goin on????? really!! we need an explanation!!
TL must post an announcement even if they're still workin on this issue.

nathanhomer2
11-05-12, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the few offical TL posts that have posted recently saying something is in the works, what that is I'm not sure.
Anyway, was level 97 with about 100,000 to get to 98, then the fiasco started. I turned to 98 overnight and basically had the 1 billion to next level.
I was going to give up and just clear tables tonight to let people tip to keep them at level 4 tippers, so I signed in and now I'm level 99 with about 18,500,000 to get to next level (100).
Either way I'm glad something is being done about the insane 1 billion to level up, but I don't want to step on the toes of those level 99 players who played to get to that level.
Hopefully this is a good sign that something is being done.

mmmmmatt
11-05-12, 11:35 PM
Seems like they might have fixed things now... I just turned 99 a little while ago with 18M to next level!

kitthecat
11-05-12, 11:52 PM
Also turned bk to 99, with 16.8M xp to nx lv....duh... I was 6.8M to nx lv. Should I b happy with this change?

jackie2006
11-06-12, 12:04 AM
I play for about 1 year for only 2mil xp, it was 4 mil to level 100. It jumps to 8 billion to next level. Now, it goes back to 17mil to next level. It means I need to play 8.5 years to go next level???

qaqueen
11-06-12, 12:27 AM
I'm back about where I was to begin with. :)

LuigiLandia
11-06-12, 01:32 AM
I made it to level 100 on last July 03rd, then last week TL made this awful mess.
They pushed me back to level 98 & this morning I'm level 99 again with more than 5,9 million XPs to level 100.
I'm really NOT HAPPY about all this TL & I so want my hard earned level 100 back

LuigiLandia
11-06-12, 01:50 AM
And furthermore I still see 3 of my neighbors being at level 100.
Please don't answer that they haven't yet logged into the game 'cause I know for a fact that they had.
I want to know from TL if there's a disparity between players, 'cause it seems that there are people who get to keep their level 100 and I'm the only one who doesn't.

11-06-12, 02:16 AM
Thank gosh it is a bug.

I made it to level 100 on last July 03rd, then last week TL made this awful mess.
They pushed me back to level 98 & this morning I'm level 99 again with more than 5,9 million XPs to level 100.
I'm really NOT HAPPY about all this TL & I so want my hard earned level 100 back
Mine is back to level 99, BUT to achieve level 100, we have to be 20million XP.

Please don't answer that they haven't yet logged into the game 'cause I know for a fact that they had.
I want to know from TL if there's a disparity between players, 'cause it seems that there are people who get to keep their level 100 and I'm the only one who doesn't.

JohnDede
11-06-12, 05:10 AM
They don't seem to have solid goals that they are trying to produce, ie: a list of new XP goals for each level.

I have over 1M XP. They bumped me from L96 to L98 with L99 needing 1B XP. Now they've pushed me to L99 with L100 needing 20M XP.

Makes no sense at all.

kitthecat
11-06-12, 07:07 AM
Ya, make no sence at all. What s the reason to all these?! I used to feel so happy when I reached lv99, but now, people just get to lv99 in few days, few hours.

Honestly, do the players who suddenly jump fr 96, 97, 98 to 99 feel good about this? I don't think I will....

queentina3
11-06-12, 07:39 AM
I don't know what to say at this point. I know a few of my neighbors still showed level 99 and 100 even when they were set back to 98, as they showed 98 on their end but on my end they still showed their old level. I was 97 and got bumped up to 98 when this first started, now I'm 99 with 18+ million to level 100 in RS.

I wish SOMEONE from TL would tell us what they are doing and what the new level requirements are, to at least stop all the confusion. I don't even PLAY BS any longer, I'm just going into the game daily to see if my counters have cleared, and even that game went from 97 to 98 and now to 99. :rolleyes:

sweetstuff525
11-06-12, 08:13 AM
Lol I'm at level 99 now
I just hope tl could have left it how it was before or add new levels like in farm with reasonable xp needed like before it was a reasonable amount to reach 96 to 97 and the 98

Remember what's not broken ( don't touch)

JohnDede
11-06-12, 08:18 AM
Remember what's not broken ( don't touch)

You can't break anything new, if you don't fix things that aren't broken. How would you get a new glitch for Thursday?

lyer1
11-06-12, 08:32 AM
(Luigi) I made it to level 100 on last July 03rd, then last week TL made this awful mess.

I don't know what to say at this point. I know a few of my neighbors still showed level 99 and 100 even when they were set back to 98, as they showed 98 on their end but on my end they still showed their old level. I was 97 and got bumped up to 98 when this first started, now I'm 99 with 18+ million to level 100 in RS.

I wish SOMEONE from TL would tell us what they are doing and what the new level requirements are, to at least stop all the confusion. I don't even PLAY BS any longer, I'm just going into the game daily to see if my counters have cleared, and even that game went from 97 to 98 and now to 99. :rolleyes:

Sheesh- My head hurts...First, thanks for the Level 99 back- I never thought I was getting to 100 anyway, so the millions of XP to get there doesn't faze me personally, however, for my dear neighbor Luigi (and any others who were not INDEMNIFIED BACK TO THEIR RIGHTFULLY EARNED PREEXISTENT LEVELS prior to this huge, poorly communicated snafu, TL still needs to fix their levels in order to make this right!
Luigi brings up the fact that we still see level 100's in our neighbor lists, and the only explanation I can guess (and it's purely a guess since we have had ZERO communication from the company about WTH is going on in the IT department) is that when TL tried to fix the levels BACK, those that had the requisite XP to be level 99 went back to 99, and those that are still at level 100, MAY HAVE ALREADY HAD THE 20M XP needed to advance to level 100...BUT, THAT STILL DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT- Doesn't TL have something similar to Winblows "Restore Point"?? You know, the point where you can go back to EXACTLY THE WAY IT WAS while you try and figure out a more diplomatic and fair way to adjust the levels? Seriously, whoever came up with THIS IDEA should have THEIR level demoted in the company- Oh, and whoever heads communications should take a head slap, too...there wasn't any notice about something as significant as stripping levels, much less a VIABLE AND COHERENT explanation as to WHY such an unfair decision was made in the first place! You'd have a lot more respect and loyalty from your players if you would treat them with a little bit of the same.
This VERY POOR business decision was a definite exit point for many of your players (whether or not you'd like to admit it) and many aren't coming back no matter what you do (final straw, and what not); The decisions that are made from here on out will influence if you are able to hang on the high-level players that are left, so I hope you have a very competent damage control department...Good luck- You're going to need it.

fangme
11-06-12, 08:47 AM
I am back at 99 same as before but not happy for 17,000,000 xp to next level.

TL should not make any change. It's not fun anymore.

loser0819
11-06-12, 01:33 PM
I took several weeks to get to 97 but two days to get from 97to99. It seems odd

ErwinB
11-06-12, 01:39 PM
I was app 70 days away from level 100........ Now.....app 445 days.....sigh
At least it is an improvement from the 1 billion target.

leadfoot
11-06-12, 03:27 PM
I'm back to level 99 too, but I don't know if I'm closer to level 100 than before this event. At least it seems attainable (within my lifetime) now, lol.

meme1098
11-06-12, 03:31 PM
From lyer1: Sheesh- My head hurts...First, thanks for the Level 99 back- I never thought I was getting to 100 anyway, so the millions of XP to get there doesn't faze me personally, however, for my dear neighbor Luigi (and any others who were not INDEMNIFIED BACK TO THEIR RIGHTFULLY EARNED PREEXISTENT LEVELS prior to this huge, poorly communicated snafu, TL still needs to fix their levels in order to make this right!
Luigi brings up the fact that we still see level 100's in our neighbor lists, and the only explanation I can guess (and it's purely a guess since we have had ZERO communication from the company about WTH is going on in the IT department) is that when TL tried to fix the levels BACK, those that had the requisite XP to be level 99 went back to 99, and those that are still at level 100, MAY HAVE ALREADY HAD THE 20M XP needed to advance to level 100...BUT, THAT STILL DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT- Doesn't TL have something similar to Winblows "Restore Point"?? You know, the point where you can go back to EXACTLY THE WAY IT WAS while you try and figure out a more diplomatic and fair way to adjust the levels? Seriously, whoever came up with THIS IDEA should have THEIR level demoted in the company- Oh, and whoever heads communications should take a head slap, too...there wasn't any notice about something as significant as stripping levels, much less a VIABLE AND COHERENT explanation as to WHY such an unfair decision was made in the first place! You'd have a lot more respect and loyalty from your players if you would treat them with a little bit of the same.
This VERY POOR business decision was a definite exit point for many of your players (whether or not you'd like to admit it) and many aren't coming back no matter what you do (final straw, and what not); The decisions that are made from here on out will influence if you are able to hang on the high-level players that are left, so I hope you have a very competent damage control department...Good luck- You're going to need it.

Btw wouldn't let me quote you.
You hit the nail on the proverbial head with your post. Unfortunately, this smells like BS all over again. Funny how the shortcut for Bakery Story fits so well in this situation. TL doesn't seem to care about customer service and they could have done a rollback to correct the situation but it looks like they just decided to make an adjustment so "game longevity" wouldn't be compromised. How hard could it be to add another 5 or 10 levels?

kjflex
11-06-12, 03:36 PM
I am furious over this (even after our levels have been restored). It took me, and my fellow neighbors and players, a tremendous length of time to reach our current XP point count. I was 3.5 million XP points away from level 100. No easy feat BUT its the only real goal the upper level players have! As soon as I realized what happened with the new level system I immediately removed my tables and appliances and left a message for my neighbors that I would no longer play unless everything was restored. I am admittedly a player who has purchased gems (hello...revenue TL) and I feel like the actions made by TL were a huge smack in the face. I've deleted all TL apps with the exception of RS so I can keep an eye on this unfortunate situation. Best of luck to all of you who continue to play in light of the situation. -bip's

kjflex
11-06-12, 03:51 PM
Just to clarify, the reason I'm still upset & not playing is the additional 10 million points required to reach lvl 100 (I needed 3.5 mil now I need 13.5 mil). It would have been a more successful move to add levels (beyond 100) than to alienate so many players.

fangme
11-06-12, 04:05 PM
UNFAIR to jump up level 96-98 to level 99. (No offense)
I have been working hard to reach level 99...buy gems, cooking&baking hard.
And now, a ton of nbrs level 99. What is TL's standardization? I guess, TL NOT HAVE.
What is the point to play if other can get level 99 without do anything?!

fangme
11-06-12, 04:08 PM
Just to clarify, the reason I'm still upset & not playing is the additional 10 million points required to reach lvl 100 (I needed 3.5 mil now I need 13.5 mil). It would have been a more successful move to add levels (beyond 100) than to alienate so many players.

I feel the same. Additional 10,000,000 xp to reach level 100.

mattyboo1
11-06-12, 04:59 PM
Yeah they should raise it to 150 like farm

11-06-12, 07:30 PM
If the level up to level 150 like in the farm.
Does it affect with the stromie level?
What is the stromie level at the moment?
Does each player/user have the same stromie level?
Thanks

mattyboo1
11-06-12, 07:37 PM
Stormie should not be affected

kjflex
11-06-12, 09:24 PM
What the heck does stormie's level have to do with anything? Am I missing something? Holy smokes

onglin2011
11-07-12, 01:01 AM
Last week, I noticed my restaurant level dropped fr 99 to 98. so i wrote to TL. TL's reply was that they are adjusting the levels and now the max level is 98 for restaurant. however, last nite my level went back to 99. so i asked TL again and the reply today was the max level for restaurant is 99. I still cannot fig out what is happening.

LuigiLandia
11-07-12, 01:50 AM
I'm really NOT HAPPY about all this TL & I so want my hard earned level 100 back..

I'm still waiting for an explanation & some answer TL!!
If you think that not answering my posts will make me stop writing, well think again!!
You've robbed of my level 100 & I so want it back TL!!

11-07-12, 03:43 AM
If the level up to level 150 like in the farm.
Does it affect with the stromie level?
What is the stromie level at the moment?
Does each player/user have the same stromie level?
Thanks

I'm still waiting for an explanation & some answer TL!!
If you think that not answering my posts will make me stop writing, well think again!!
You've robbed of my level 100 & I so want it back TL!!
We are at the boat. TL has increased the XP. I mean that to get level 100, we have to get 20 Million XP.

LuigiLandia
11-07-12, 03:48 AM
We are at the boat. TL has increased the XP. I mean that to get level 100, we have to get 20 Million XP.

I understood that, thank you very much.
I still see at least 3 neighbors being level 100 though & want to know why [don't think they already have more than 20 million XPs].
And furthermore TL must give an answer to its paying customer.

queentina3
11-07-12, 04:01 AM
I understood that, thank you very much.
I still see at least 3 neighbors being level 100 though & want to know why [don't think they already have more than 20 million XPs].
And furthermore TL must give an answer to its paying customer.

Have you asked those neighbors if they are showing level 100 on their end? I'm just curious as the neighbors that were still showing 99 and 100 for me the other day actually were level 98 on their end. For some reason the system updated their game but didn't update what we saw, which is completely odd.

minidemon88
11-07-12, 04:04 AM
Now we know level 99 or even level 100 isn't special anymore. You can just jumped from level 96 to level 99 in just two days. I wonder what are they thinking about? For the longevity of the game again? To me, it just looks like it's going downhill.

queentina3
11-07-12, 04:11 AM
Now we know level 99 or even level 100 isn't special anymore. You can just jumped from level 96 to level 99 in just two days. I wonder what are they thinking about? For the longevity of the game again? To me, it just looks like it's going downhill.

That doesn't make it not special. It still takes a heck of a lot of XP to get to level 99, 18 million in fact, so how does the level requirement amount change between 96-98 make it NOT special when someone reaches Level 99 or 100?

LuigiLandia
11-07-12, 05:01 AM
Have you asked those neighbors if they are showing level 100 on their end? I'm just curious as the neighbors that were still showing 99 and 100 for me the other day actually were level 98 on their end. For some reason the system updated their game but didn't update what we saw, which is completely odd.

Just got a message from Jenny, she sees herself being 99, but it still shows 100 to me.
But this is not the point, I still want a clear answer from TL about all this mess they made: if this is really a bug, they must fix, full stop.
And I still want them to state plain & clear if there are different players with different treatment!!
Furthermore, there're more bugs with the 2 new dishes, Autunm Cheesecake & Glazed Turkey: when you achive the 2nd & 4th level cooking them, you do get gems but you do not get a pop-up telling you this. I do think TL must consider finally fixing all these bugs before realising new content or goals, which are becoming very annoying to me, since I don't see the use of having a Thanksgiving Display in my restaurant and at the same time being robbed of my level 100.

Being level 99 is not special anymore to me as well: some of my neighbors never ever bought a single gem or a single extra appliance, now they're at my same level, how do you think I feel after providing TL enough money to pay their employees' payrolls for several months?!

queentina3
11-07-12, 05:20 AM
Being level 99 is not special anymore to me as well: some of my neighbors never ever bought a single gem or a single extra appliance, now they're at my same level, how do you think I feel after providing TL enough money to pay their employees' payrolls for several months?!

I don't understand why it matters if people that never purchased gems or extra appliance slots are now Level 99, that shouldn't matter. All that matters is that they had enough XP to get them there. Just as an example: You had 10 Million XP and you were level 100. TL changes the level requirement amount so you drop down to Level 98. TL changes it again and now you jump up to Level 99. You still HAVE that 10 Million XP.

TL didn't take ANYTHING away from ANYBODY from what I can gather from the posts. All they did was change the amount of XP required to get to the next level. I could understand if TL TOOK XP away from people, but they didn't. How many gems someone used or how many appliance slots doesn't matter, all that matters is that they've played enough to get the XP required for the levels TL now has for a particular game. It is quite easy for people to level up without needing extra appliance slots, they just have to bake the dishes that offer the most XP and ignore the others if they want to. Or they could purchase coin items that offer quite a bit of XP, and etc........

It's just my opinion, but this new level cap doesn't affect game play as much as the price changes TL made to Bakery. At least here you CAN still cook without fear of running out of money. You may not gain levels once you reach the new max, but hey, once you reached 100 there wasn't anymore levels anyways so you had already reached it by that point, and now that it is 99, you've reached it again.

LuigiLandia
11-07-12, 05:54 AM
I don't understand why it matters if people that never purchased gems or extra appliance slots are now Level 99, that shouldn't matter. All that matters is that they had enough XP to get them there. Just as an example: You had 10 Million XP and you were level 100. TL changes the level requirement amount so you drop down to Level 98. TL changes it again and now you jump up to Level 99. You still HAVE that 10 Million XP.

TL didn't take ANYTHING away from ANYBODY from what I can gather from the posts. All they did was change the amount of XP required to get to the next level. I could understand if TL TOOK XP away from people, but they didn't. How many gems someone used or how many appliance slots doesn't matter, all that matters is that they've played enough to get the XP required for the levels TL now has for a particular game. It is quite easy for people to level up without needing extra appliance slots, they just have to bake the dishes that offer the most XP and ignore the others if they want to. Or they could purchase coin items that offer quite a bit of XP, and etc........

It's just my opinion, but this new level cap doesn't affect game play as much as the price changes TL made to Bakery. At least here you CAN still cook without fear of running out of money. You may not gain levels once you reach the new max, but hey, once you reached 100 there wasn't anymore levels anyways so you had already reached it by that point, and now that it is 99, you've reached it again.

Just a simple question, queentina:
How would you feel & react being in my shoes, i.e. you made it to level 100 & now you're suddently demoted to level 99?!
Would you really not be angry at TL for pulling this trick on you?
& please, try to be VERY HONEST in your answer.

sinc823
11-07-12, 06:00 AM
How would you feel & react being in my shoes, i.e. you made it to level 100 & now you're suddently demoted to level 99?!
i think queetina means technically TL didnt take anything away from us(XP), eventho people who were 100 were demoted back to lvl100
and luigi is saying whats taken away was more than just a level because being lvl 100 was kind of a status symbol in this game...
lvl100ers were really proud( i would be too!), they spent time and lots of money now they are back to 99 with the rest of the 96ers that got promoted to lvl99 as well..

sweetstuff525
11-07-12, 06:30 AM
wow i didnt know that buying gems game you Xp?

is that what im understanding? that people that never bought gems shouldn't be at level 99? Really they have been baking for long time they deserve 99 just because they don't put money in tl's pocked doesn't make them less qualified

by the way ive bough some gems not much but have ( level 99)

LuigiLandia
11-07-12, 06:38 AM

is that what im understanding? that people that never bought gems shouldn't be at level 99? Really they have been baking for long time they deserve 99 just because they don't put money in tl's pocked doesn't make them less qualified

That's really something, to be mocked not only by TL but by other players too.
Are you all TL staff in disguise?

sweetstuff525
11-07-12, 06:50 AM
That's really something, to be mocked not only by TL but by other players too.
Are you all TL staff in disguise?

not tl staff sorry

by the way i dont think any of tl staff is at level 99

LuigiLandia
11-07-12, 06:53 AM
not tl staff sorry

by the way i dont think any of tl staff is at level 99

I couldn't care less about TL staff/mods/minions & their level in any game.
I care about mine & that's all.

queentina3
11-07-12, 07:01 AM

Honestly speaking, no it wouldn't bother me HOWEVER I can understand WHY it bothers others. I'm the mentality that ANY level over 73 (RS/BS), 75 (Farm), and 41 (Fashion) is useless since NOTHING new is offered after reaching those levels. Fashion could be higher as I don't recall if new catalogs open after 41, I just know that is the last level for the last free catalog slot to open.

Was I happy when I finally reached Level 96 in most of my games, YES, but by that time TL had already upped the level cap to 98 so.....................Then they went and upped it to 100, now they've downgraded it back to 99. So, in essence, you've reached the new max level for the game.

i think queetina means technically TL didnt take anything away from us(XP), eventho people who were 100 were demoted back to lvl100
and luigi is saying whats taken away was more than just a level because being lvl 100 was kind of a status symbol in this game...
lvl100ers were really proud( i would be too!), they spent time and lots of money now they are back to 99 with the rest of the 96ers that got promoted to lvl99 as well..

Just like people took 96 as a status symbol. However, Level 100 is no longer the Max Level for the game so they should consider 99 as the milestone IMO. Having over 1 1/2 million XP is nothing to sneeze at, and I think you need at least that to make it to 99 and then another 18 million to make it to 100.

Buying gems doesn't give you XP but if you buy gems then you can open more appliance slots, hence make more food at the higher XP and level up faster.

pinkster73
11-07-12, 07:02 AM

A voice of reason.

ozoz12
11-07-12, 07:32 AM
I couldn't care less about TL staff/mods/minions & their level in any game.
I care about mine & that's all.

Hi Luigilandia

I was also Level 100 but now downgraded to 99, I was pretty upset the first 2 days so I know exactly how you feel!
But now, I am actually quite happy to continue the game because I can try to hit L100 again!
The answer is quite simple, we either quit the game or we move on! I selected carry on and the main reason is I do enjoy the new challenge and also I value all my great neighbors! I don't think I spend less Gem than you for this game if you come visit my bakery!

I am not protecting TL in fact I did make complained to them as well but now I accepted the change!
Lastly, I just want to say as long as we enjoy the process of the game & our neighbor then frustration will never exist!
Just my personal view! Cheers!

Delicious Taste!

kjflex
11-07-12, 09:52 AM
Amen lyer1 amen

Gypsy_Cat
11-07-12, 11:47 AM
A voice of reason.

The internet's version of a double rainbow! lol

minidemon88
11-07-12, 11:50 AM
That doesn't make it not special. It still takes a heck of a lot of XP to get to level 99, 18 million in fact, so how does the level requirement amount change between 96-98 make it NOT special when someone reaches Level 99 or 100?

I know it does takes lots of XP & time to get to level 96-100. What I'm trying to say was that they can just simply changed our level system overnight. Player with level 96 or 97 can just upgraded to level 98 overnight and the next night they got upgraded to level 99. Seriously, we played hard to achieve our level and the next thing TL just simply changed the level system. They can just upgrade or downgrade your level as and when they like.

It used to be a WOW factors when I came across level 100 players. Even when I saw level 96-99, I know they are also dedicated players who have been playing hard to achieve that level 100. Now looking at what TL did to our level system, seeing level 98 or 99 isn't really special. Some players may have work their way to level 99 but others may not. I used to be a level 98 player in BS but now I'm a level 99 player in just 2 days. To be honest, I'm not proud of my current level. As it wasn't my correct level to be truth.

queentina3
11-07-12, 11:59 AM
I know it does takes lots of XP & time to get to level 96-100. What I'm trying to say was that they can just simply changed our level system overnight. Player with level 96 or 97 can just upgraded to level 98 overnight and the next night they got upgraded to level 99. Seriously, we played hard to achieve our level and the next thing TL just simply changed the level system. They can just upgrade or downgrade your level as and when they like.

It used to be a WOW factors when I came across level 100 players. Even when I saw level 96-99, I know they are also dedicated players who have been playing hard to achieve that level 100. Now looking at what TL did to our level system, seeing level 98 or 99 isn't really special. Some players may have work their way to level 99 but others may not. I used to be a level 98 player in BS but now I'm a level 99 player in just 2 days. To be honest, I'm not proud of my current level. As it wasn't my correct level to be truth.

Of course TL can change how they want their game to be run, they've been doing that for years. Just look at the 2 price changes they did over the past 11 months (Jan and Sept), so it should be expected that TL is going to change things and NOT advise the players. I guess for some THIS level issue is the straw that broke the camels back in regards to the games. IMO the game is still at least playable, to a point, and they HAVEN'T messed with the prices. That is a more serious issue then having people that were close to certain levels all of a sudden being there.

I could see if they took away Coins, XP, changed the prices (like BS) or stopped giving weekly updates, but because there was a change in the amount of XP needed to level? *shrugs*

LuigiLandia
11-07-12, 12:05 PM
Of course TL can change how they want their game to be run, they've been doing that for years. Just look at the 2 price changes they did over the past 11 months (Jan and Sept), so it should be expected that TL is going to change things and NOT advise the players. I guess for some THIS level issue is the straw that broke the camels back in regards to the games. IMO the game is still at least playable, to a point, and they HAVEN'T messed with the prices. That is a more serious issue then having people that were close to certain levels all of a sudden being there.

I could see if they took away Coins, XP, changed the prices (like BS) or stopped giving weekly updates, but because there was a change in the amount of XP needed to level? *shrugs*

I'd rather have an update every 6 month [just like when RS was launched on the AppStore & I started playing] that this level change.

Then you say TL can change things [for worse in this case] without advising players: very well then, they can also go on without people spending their money on buying gems.
Let's see who will be happy to *shrugs* when there's no more profit coming from selling gems to players.

sweetstuff525
11-07-12, 12:17 PM
I'd rather have an update every 6 month [just like when RS was launched on the AppStore & I started playing] that this level change.

Then you say TL can change things [for worse in this case] without advising players: very well then, they can also go on without people spending their money on buying gems.
Let's see who will be happy to *shrugs* when there's no more profit coming from selling gems to players.

i think we are just used too tl changing things.. lthey never advise the players of their actions.. for example the double prices in BS... even after some gem buyers stopped playing they still haven't changed it even after they where bombarded with 1 star reviews.. they are still making enough money ..so i can say they don't really care if a Few stop buying gems

pinkster73
11-07-12, 12:18 PM
i think we are just used too tl changing things.. lthey never advise the players of their actions.. for example the double prices in BS... even after some gem buyers stopped playing they still haven't changed it even after they where bombarded with 1 star reviews.. they are still making enough money ..so i can say they don't really care if a Few stop buying gems

Don't forget the very popular tap to manage feature.

sweetstuff525
11-07-12, 12:19 PM
Don't forget the very popular tap to manage feature.

oh yeah that too.. and tap manage is here to stay since they implemented it to android as well

queentina3
11-07-12, 12:23 PM

Exactly! I, and many of my long-term neighbors that were also gem buyers, quit BS after the Sept price hike, and TL hasn't changed a thing. Even the new decor that comes out is GEM related and yet people are still playing. They are still baking even though they're barely making any cashflow.

So..........If it is POSSIBLE to still play the game, and have fun, it isn't something I'm going to get all angry about. I can still play, I can still make money, and the game still interests me. That wasn't the case with what they did with BS, so I quit. That is my suggestion to those that are upset about the levels. Since TL most likely won't make any further changes and the game is no longer fun for them, then quit. BS was my favorite game and I willingly gave it up RIGHT AFTER I had just purchased a gem package no less. :(

It isn't that I don't feel bad for those other players, I just don't think it is worth quitting over or fighting TL to the point that they DO change the pricing as well. Leveling isn't a battle worth fighting for me is all.

Peace. :cool:

DaojinWildfire
11-07-12, 06:41 PM
I'll also edit this info into the first post too.

Why did you make changes to our levels?
It was necessary to adjust the leveling system in order to balance the progression rate in the games. Many of the highest levels are different, so they are not ordinary levels. These levels required an insane amount of experience, which meant that reaching these levels was a hard, but significant achievement. These super levels had to be balanced, so that you can smoothly progress from one level to the next, instead of hitting a plateau.

Why did some players jump up in levels and others go down?
To balance the level system, we didn't just change the level caps, but we also adjusted the experience requirement for all of the levels. This means the amount of experience you need to level is different from before, so you may see a different level depending on how much experience you have.

You added more levels to Farm Story. Why not do the same for the rest of the games?
Please remember that these games are not the same. It would be AWESOME if we could just copy and paste changes and apply them to other games, but because the games are different, each one has to be handled differently.

Adding more levels on top of the old level system would not work. If we did this, most players will never reach the new levels, because they will still hit the plateau and grind through the super levels. So to add new levels, the progression rate needs to be balanced, which is what we did in Farm Story.

When we introduced new levels, some players immediately jumped 10 to 20 levels. Why? Because we adjusted the experience requirements for the old levels, but also because you never stop earning experience. Even when you reach the level cap, you'll notice you're still gaining experience.

So why did Farm Story get more levels and we didn't? You balanced the level system, but didn't add more levels.
We plan on adding more levels (hopefully soon), but we will need to update the games to support them.

Why do I need millions of experience to reach the new level 100?
Technically, level 100 doesn't exist, since the level cap is now 99. Even when you reach the level cap, we want you to continue gaining experience, so this creates a huge ceiling so you never stop gaining experience.

lyer1
11-07-12, 07:42 PM
I know better than to ask a direct question about the official response of the upset of the level system (which TL had just "fixed" last year, and has been working fine with no complaints that I've seen), so I'll just make a simple statement (which will probably be deleted anyway):
By your own admission: "Many of the highest levels are different, so they are not ordinary levels. These levels required an insane amount of experience, which meant that reaching these levels was a hard, but significant achievement."
TL should not have stripped the 100's- Earning those levels REQUIRED AN INSANE AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE AND WAS A HARD BUT SIGNIFICANT ACHIEVEMENT, and in your effort to take that special achievement away to balance out the other levels, you have stomped on the hearts of some of your most loyal players. Happy Holidays.

sweetstuff525
11-07-12, 08:17 PM
Atleast we now got an official word that soon they will add more levels .... That would be more achievable so those that were at level 100 maybe will jump to level 125

sweett383
11-07-12, 08:26 PM
I know better than to ask a direct question about the official response of the upset of the level system (which TL had just "fixed" last year, and has been working fine with no complaints that I've seen), so I'll just make a simple statement (which will probably be deleted anyway):
By your own admission: "Many of the highest levels are different, so they are not ordinary levels. These levels required an insane amount of experience, which meant that reaching these levels was a hard, but significant achievement."
TL should not have stripped the 100's- Earning those levels REQUIRED AN INSANE AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE AND WAS A HARD BUT SIGNIFICANT ACHIEVEMENT, and in your effort to take that special achievement away to balance out the other levels, you have stomped on the hearts of some of your most loyal players. Happy Holidays.

Seasoned here.
We are *****ed out of our hard work by being demoted and *****ed out of experiencing the acknowledgement of our hard earned achievement of reaching our levels by being bumped up.
Despite that money is being made, where's the integrity towards the loyal players?
The moment we get out of character and disregard the rules and standards set by TL, whether here on the boards or in the games, we are removed.

If we are required to respect each other as players, neighbors and gamers, how is it allowable for TL to lack respect for those Earning those levels 'that' REQUIRED AN INSANE AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE AND WAS A HARD BUT SIGNIFICANT ACHIEVEMENT?:confused:

lyer1
11-07-12, 08:34 PM
Seasoned here.
We are *****ed out of our hard work by being demoted and *****ed out of experiencing the acknowledgement of our hard earned achievement of reaching our levels by being bumped up.
Despite that money is being made, where's the integrity towards the loyal players?
The moment we get out of character and disregard the rules and standards set by TL, whether here on the boards or in the games, we are removed.

If we are required to respect each other as players, neighbors and gamers, how is it allowable for TL to lack respect for those Earning those levels 'that' REQUIRED AN INSANE AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE AND WAS A HARD BUT SIGNIFICANT ACHIEVEMENT?:confused:

Well said, Seasoned...Now, stop thinking for yourself and go spend some gems on the new, flashy update! {;-)