PDA

View Full Version : Should I Just Buy the Shell Lizard?

jl0408
10-31-12, 10:35 PM
After 2 months of failing to breed a shell lizard I finally have enough gold to buy one. I don't know if I should just cave and buy it or keep trying. I could buy a 2nd nest instead. Who else out there wad unsuccessful and bought theirs instead?

benbever
10-31-12, 10:40 PM
I would go for a second nest, unless you have all the (non white) rares already, then I would buy the shell lizard.
Second nest makes a lot of difference. However if you haven't gotten a shell lizard in 2 months of trying, then chances are you won't get it anytime soon.

jl0408
11-01-12, 04:49 AM
I would go for a second nest, unless you have all the (non white) rares already, then I would buy the shell lizard.
Second nest makes a lot of difference. However if you haven't gotten a shell lizard in 2 months of trying, then chances are you won't get it anytime soon.

I missing an inferno and the shell lizard and diamond of course. I'm still trying to decide. My device does not seem to be very lucky at all. I have the same bad luck in DS too but have nearly as much gold in that game to be able to buy anything.

benbever
11-01-12, 08:54 AM
Then I would advice buying nest first then shell lizard, but the other way around is fine too, it doesn't make much of a difference. You'll start saving for the thing you didn't get next anyway.
Just be careful not to lose gold in a goldtrap. Those traps can happen even without misclicking. Twice I have gotten a "not enough gold for this purchase" message in dragon story, when I clicked just once on expand. Luckily I didn't have the 300+ gold required on hand, otherwise it would have been gone. So spend your gold on either option and save for the other, before you lose it ;)

sweetstuff525
11-01-12, 09:27 AM
I think you should buy Nest better ... You'll eventually get shell ... I got many shells using sea buffalo and palwing and like that you may get burnbark which I got like 10 and like 20 shells

thatgirl444
11-01-12, 09:29 AM
I think you should buy the nest...it took me forever to get the shell lizard...months...I almost gave up...then I got two in a row....be patient..you will get one..don't waste your gold on a shell

ladyj0y
11-01-12, 10:24 AM
NO. Don't buy it! O_O

jl0408
11-01-12, 01:27 PM
I think you should buy Nest better ... You'll eventually get shell ... I got many shells using sea buffalo and palwing and like that you may get burnbark which I got like 10 and like 20 shells

I completely forgot about the bumbark! So I'm missing that one, inferno, shell and diamond.

bdocc
11-01-12, 01:41 PM
I think u should buy a 2nd nest,me too I have difficulties getting shell lizard but I would still prefer a 2nd nest!

shakiba
11-01-12, 01:44 PM
DO NOT buy a shell lizard bc I can feel that you'll regret spending 200 gold for it. You might end up with a shell very soon. Buy the 2nd nest instead. It makes a BIG difference.

anketam
11-01-12, 02:08 PM
2nd nest greatly helps reduce waiting times and is very useful when trying to get diamond hybrids (once you get to that point).

jl0408
11-03-12, 10:32 AM
Thanks everyone for you advice. I'm glad I didn't cave to impatience because now I finally have a shell lizard breeding. Sea buffalo x palmwing = 20 hours breed time! So I bought a 2nd nest.

shakiba
11-03-12, 10:34 AM
Congrats. :)

jl0408
11-04-12, 09:58 AM
Thanks! I think I have that missing inferno breeding now. I tried tree rex x leaf lion and got 10 hr breed time. Now I just need a burnbark and I'll have all of them but the non-shell hybrids, diamond and non-diamond hybrids.

Miquilis
11-05-12, 08:27 AM
I would suggest buying the second nest and concentrate on trying to breed for a diamond instead of just a shell. It took me a while to get my first shell but when I was breeding mosstrich and furball trying to get a diamond I got so many shell and other rares instead.

itzjulezzz
11-08-12, 03:38 PM
I think it's so odd that people can't get a shell lizard & super unfair. breeding to get a diamond has resulted in MANY shell lizards & I've never had a shell in the combo! I got six shells alone, by breeding medusasaur & pheonix

jl0408
11-08-12, 10:46 PM
I think it's so odd that people can't get a shell lizard & super unfair. breeding to get a diamond has resulted in MANY shell lizards & I've never had a shell in the combo! I got six shells alone, by breeding medusasaur & pheonix

Diamond needs 4 elements and shell needs 3. So if your combo has 4 elements, I can see how you could get a shell or a 2 element monster instead. I'm just glad I finally got the shell so I can work on its hybrids and a diamond. It must have taken 100 tries. I was about to give up!

salinho
11-12-12, 01:55 PM
I still have no shell -.- how annoying!

Ai_Esma
11-12-12, 03:15 PM
I got the Diamond when I first started playing the game. But ya I cant get the Shell for nothing in the whole. haha i got most of all the other monsters.

NouraMoh
11-13-12, 08:16 AM
Go for a second nest. Trust me on this
I got 8 or 9 Shell Lizards, not sure how many.

Got them all while trying for a second Diamond.
I always use the same combo for both. Leaf Lion and Wavewing.

Keep on trying. You'll get it. I'm positive :)