PDA

View Full Version : *****ing on the egg rating?

cinnamon57
10-30-12, 08:50 PM
I have seen an interesting/disturbing pattern. I have a few neighbors who are keeping a 4 egg social rating. Despite the fact that they have been full for weeks, have not played back and don't seem to growing/expanding their island. Is there a ***** out there thats letting them keep the high rating without being social? Heck, I went on vacation and in two days my rating was dropping. What gives?

bdocc
10-30-12, 08:53 PM
If u quit your game with a rating of 4 and don't go on the game again your rating will stay at 4,but if u go on again your rating will drop to 0.

cinnamon57
10-30-12, 08:56 PM
That makes sense! Thanks! I will delete them with the other zero players.

tbka
10-31-12, 02:58 AM
So at what point do you know it's time to delete a friend?

salinho
10-31-12, 03:38 AM
So at what point do you know it's time to delete a friend?

I know I have to delete some of mine. They haven't played in a while, their levels have been maintained at early twenties... I'm waaaaaay ahead of them, and they started playing before I did. So I assume they have stopped playing alltogether.

PDAGuppies
10-31-12, 05:31 AM
I know I have to delete some of mine. They haven't played in a while, their levels have been maintained at early twenties... I'm waaaaaay ahead of them, and they started playing before I did. So I assume they have stopped playing alltogether.

Maybe I should start deleting too.
I play with all my neighbors everyday and only people who have eggs and it seems as if a lot of people I added are usless.. Gtg it's deleting time Lol

mymummy789
10-31-12, 06:08 AM
I play DS every day (several times a day) but often dont have time to visit neighbours so my social rating is probably not high. If I do delete anyone it is because there is no sign of activity on their island, rather than what their social rating is. No eggs on nests, no breeding and no evolving tend to make me hit the delete button.

krisypie1
10-31-12, 10:04 AM
I play Dragon Story on my IPAD every day. I work so I can't visit neighbors all the time, but I try. And I always send them there maps if asked so they can expand, and I gift gold also the 3 times a day, it's hard to give to every neighbor, but I try to mix it up. I should also check and see what neighbors don't ever play and start deleting.

totaltechno
10-31-12, 02:02 PM
If they played a ton over the 4 egg required playing, it will stay at 4 for a pretty long time.

LilMzB4Life
10-31-12, 02:30 PM
I deleted some neighbors who never visit and social ratings were at 0 and 1. About 2 weeks later I received an ugly message from 1 of the deleted nbrs. They had the nerve to use profanity and I politely replied for them to stay off my wall beforebI report them. Unfortunately I received to more ugly messages that I quickly deleted because my children sometimes play my games and I don't want them to see any of that

Takiofallen
10-31-12, 03:20 PM
wow some people.
I deleted some neighbors who never visit and social ratings were at 0 and 1. About 2 weeks later I received an ugly message from 1 of the deleted nbrs. They had the nerve to use profanity and I politely replied for them to stay off my wall beforebI report them. Unfortunately I received to more ugly messages that I quickly deleted because my children sometimes play my games and I don't want them to see any of that

salinho
10-31-12, 03:32 PM
Maybe I should start deleting too.
I play with all my neighbors everyday and only people who have eggs and it seems as if a lot of people I added are usless.. Gtg it's deleting time Lol
I need maps, so i wont delete people just because of the rating. But there are people in my lists that do not play at all and have stagnated for months, don't send maps...they're not playing, so no use for them there, lol.

cinnamon57
10-31-12, 05:26 PM
I have to admit I am pretty brutal. It doesn't take much to maintain a one egg rating. On the first day of every month I delete everyone with a zero rating. Its posted on my wall. If my neighbors let me know they will be offline for a while, I don't delete them if they drop to zero.

kwhales
10-31-12, 05:33 PM
I delete neighbors when it looks like their island is inactive. I had a couple that had the same hatching for days. Firestorms don't take days to hatch and bo breeding was going on and they also had the same dragon evolving way too long. Never visited either. So they are done playing or just using this certain island to send gold but not actively play.

Sometimes i keep some semi active neighbors for that little boost you get when you first visit them.

LilMzB4Life
10-31-12, 05:35 PM
I don't delete if I know they will be offline for a while because we all have real lives. But if social rating is low and stays that way plus you don't send maps when requested then I really don't see the point of keeping you as my nbr when I can add nbrs that do visit often and send maps. I work M-F then come home and cook and help kids with homework/study. Saturday is laundry day which is usually 8-9 loads and Sunday is church. I find time to play a little in the morning, during lunch break, and before bed. So I really don't have time to keep on nonplaying nbrs.

iSleepyPanda
10-31-12, 06:23 PM
I don't delete neighbors for a zero social rating because I know the game doesn't load properly for all players. I have trouble most of the time visiting and the game will just crash. No force close message, just crash. I don't base social ratings for either DS or RS. I just take into consideration people have work, school, family, game issues, etc. If there is no activity whatsoever for weeks on end (I give people a chance), I will remove them just to have a smaller neighbor list. But other than that, if they respond to requests I don't mind a low social rating.

mammami08
10-31-12, 06:40 PM
You can only request maps from 20 neighbors per day any way so i just send requests to 25-30 with a high lvl (befor yeasterday 63), if you ask all your neighbors ( if you have more than 30 or so) the system will clogg and it will take you longer to get your maps, at least thats the explaination i got a month or so ago.

cinnamon57
10-31-12, 09:08 PM
I am not as concerned about what level you are at. Afterall, we all started at the beginning. I routinely take on new players. But, I have seen high level players lose interest in the game and stop playing. That's why I look at the social rating. I understand that not everyone plays with the same level of dedication. But, if a player can't play back enough to keep a one egg rating, I'll drop them to make room for someone who does.

10-31-12, 11:09 PM
I was glad to see this thread i wanted to ask what to do about neighbors that are not active. I always send maps, visit, and return gold. My list is so long now that sometimes i can not get through it every day but i start where i left off and get everyone at least every other day. I return gold by starting at the bottom of the list and going up3 people everyday, that way i do get everyone paid back and it seemed the fairest way to do it. I generally maintain a 4 egg rating and try to be a good neighbor and fair to all. Some people are not sending maps or returning visits. I gladly take new people as neighbors and try to answer any questions or referr them here to a monitor. So it is acceptable to deleate neighbors that are not being considerate of others?

azychan
11-01-12, 12:02 AM
I played DS everyday but i dont have time to visit all 100 neighbors, i just visit people that responded my map requests and gifted me golds, but i dnt have time to post on their wall, too. When I have time to visit more neighbors, their habitats are full, so what should i do?
However, i always accept all map requests and gift golds back.
So I'm really really sad if someone delete me just because i'm not visit them often :(

cinnamon57
11-01-12, 08:33 AM
Maybe a moderator, or someone more knowledgeable than me can clarify something. I believe that if you gift gold and send maps this will contribute to your social rating. So, if you are gifting on a regular basis you shouldn’t have a zero rating. Anyone out there with a zero rating who does gift regularly?

tastytoastie
11-01-12, 08:35 AM
Your social rating only goes up with visiting and tipping/playing your nbrs, I have nbrs who gift every day but have a 0 rating...

salinho
11-01-12, 09:00 AM
Maybe a moderator, or someone more knowledgeable than me can clarify something. I believe that if you gift gold and send maps this will contribute to your social rating. So, if you are gifting on a regular basis you shouldn’t have a zero rating. Anyone out there with a zero rating who does gift regularly?

Social rating is based on visits where you play with other people's dragons. :)

Horntail21
11-01-12, 09:12 AM
I think my rating usually hovers around a two. I am not the greatest neighbor of all time but if you ask for a map you get a map. That's all I can guarantee and that's all I expect in return.

Susyalba
11-01-12, 09:48 AM
Just a dumb newbie question, i visit my neighbors everyday, and new people as well. My question is, when I go to gift gold, If you check all the boxes, what order does it select the 3 who will receive the gold? Also I frequently have a long lag time (sometimes 2days later) on receiving notification of gold to me. So I hit return gift, and the list of ALL my neighbors comes up. And I frequently dont know who to regift because the user name, isnt the same as the Island name.....Wish I would of had my user id and island the same name.... PS People...its only a GAME why would you use profanity because someone deletes you? How many pkayers ere are children, my almost 5 yr. Old grandson plays mine all the time. I will find and choke the life out of someone who let him. Sends me profanity!!! Just saying....CHILL.

salinho
11-01-12, 10:43 AM
Just a dumb newbie question, i visit my neighbors everyday, and new people as well. My question is, when I go to gift gold, If you check all the boxes, what order does it select the 3 who will receive the gold? Also I frequently have a long lag time (sometimes 2days later) on receiving notification of gold to me. So I hit return gift, and the list of ALL my neighbors comes up. And I frequently dont know who to regift because the user name, isnt the same as the Island name.....Wish I would of had my user id and island the same name.... PS People...its only a GAME why would you use profanity because someone deletes you? How many pkayers ere are children, my almost 5 yr. Old grandson plays mine all the time. I will find and choke the life out of someone who let him. Sends me profanity!!! Just saying....CHILL.

Amen, sister.
I would advise against gifting gold like that! Because it's random. Gold buddies is best. See who's sent you gold most often, send bak to THAT ONE PERSON and write on their walls, "hi let's be gold buddies and send gold every day, love ya byeeee"
...or something. Lol.
Kinda like, you scratch my back i scratch yours.
Then repeat the process with two other people and see the results. :)

kooky panda
11-01-12, 10:44 AM
No order, the system will just randomly send out the gold.
Each day when you come into your game, you will see the new gold you received(accept button is not greyed out) and also you will see a list of gold you received the previous days(accept button is greyout).
Always accept all your new gold before sending out your 3 for the day.

The way I use this list: I go down and visit everyone in the list. Then I gift back one of them, my nbrs list pops up. I scroll to the bottom(since everyone I just visited will be at the bottom of my list), then I check off the nbrs I want, then let the gold go out randomly.

For the inappropriate comments on your wall, you will need to email support@teamlava.com to report these players.
Also please note, that you must be at least 13 to play the Team Lava games.

salinho
11-01-12, 10:49 AM
No order, the system will just randomly send out the gold.
The way I use this list: I go down and visit everyone in the list. Then I gift back one of them, my nbrs list pops up. I scroll to the bottom(since everyone I just visited will be at the bottom of my list), then I check off the nbrs I want, then let the gold go out randomly.

Oh, clever :o I hadn't thought of that, hmm!

kooky panda
11-01-12, 11:07 AM
Oh, clever :o I hadn't thought of that, hmm!
I have to do it this way, because I have about 4 dragonland nbrs and I cannot remember which is which.. lol

salinho
11-01-12, 11:17 AM
I have to do it this way, because I have about 4 dragonland nbrs and I cannot remember which is which.. lol

Ppppfffftttt!!! Lol indeed. Yeah I have neighbors with islands that have the same name too, or very similar. Oh, the headache!! >.<