PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please?

draginraiser
10-30-12, 01:10 PM
Ok so it's my birthday today and my mum has told all family about my dragon love. My question is this.

I have enough cards to purchase the 2900 gold aka $110 (aud) pack, so do I simply buy the diamond I've been trying 4/5 months for for a guarenteed outcome or do I spend it all in the hope of trying for that and other dragons......??????!!!!!!

HELP! I know the thrill is in the chase and the chance but that's a lot of money to just chance :s

salinho
10-30-12, 01:16 PM
Ok so it's my birthday today and my mum has told all family about my dragon love. My question is this.

I have enough cards to purchase the 2900 gold aka $110 (aud) pack, so do I simply buy the diamond I've been trying 4/5 months for for a guarenteed outcome or do I spend it all in the hope of trying for that and other dragons......??????!!!!!!

HELP! I know the thrill is in the chase and the chance but that's a lot of money to just chance :s

Keep your money and buy somethung useful, or something physical that you won't get tired of in a few weeks/months. Seriously, I do not inderstand spending so much money in tiny animated animals. Don't get me wrong, I buy games... Heck I'm eager for Halo 4 to arrive. :D
But this is different. It is one character that you have a chance to breed, no matter how small, and anyway what guarantees you won't get tired of this game in a few months or weeks? I there nothing elseyou want for your birthday, that's not a silly animated cartoon? :)

draginraiser
10-30-12, 01:20 PM
I agree, I ride horses I'd rather a new jacket however they have all taken my mums one comment and bought my iTunes cards... So I'm stuck with them! And the only money related game I play is DS :) yeah I'll probably get tired soon and it won't be worth it but In the mean time I've got $150 worth of cards sitting here haha

dragonolic
10-30-12, 01:34 PM
How far are you with the other dragons? If there are still several that you want to get, you could use it for breeding. But if the diamond and it's hybrids are more breeds than regulars, I'd say buy the durn thing :p

Horntail21
10-30-12, 01:35 PM
If they are itunes cards and you're not gonna use them for anything else I'd do the speed up personally. Like you said the thrill is in the chase. I'd always look at my diamond a little differently if I bought it. That's just me though. Or maybe buy another nest and spend the rest diamond breeding IDK.

Horntail21
10-30-12, 01:38 PM
Well gave you a visit and you have two nests already so that's out unless you want a third. I've seen some people with 4 lol

draginraiser
10-30-12, 01:43 PM
Yeah I've got every dragon except the diamond and her hybrids minus the dream dragon I believe. Two nests, six full farms..... I don't really want to buy it, as i believe it will be like malfoy buying his way into the slytherin team but if I spend the $110 pack and don't get a dragon eg; the person who bought $2500 gold the other day for LE's and didn't get a single one. I'd be absolutely gutted :(

salinho
If they are itunes cards and you're not gonna use them for anything else I'd do the speed up personally. Like you said the thrill is in the chase. I'd always look at my diamond a little differently if I bought it. That's just me though. Or maybe buy another nest and spend the rest diamond breeding IDK.

Yup, speeding up might be the best option then. I think buying takes the fun out of it! Well, unless it's a limited dragon, but even that's not sure because we had the return of witch and pumpkin. Lol

draginraiser
No dollar sign sorry :) he simply spent money and it in total 2500 gold

thatgirl444
10-30-12, 01:49 PM
I would buy gold and keep it...there may be a limited edition dragon coming out in the future that you may ran out of time breeding...would use the gold to buy that right before time expires....I would never buy a diamond as it is always possible to get it for free and there is no time limit.

Horntail21
10-30-12, 01:52 PM
Yeah I've got every dragon except the diamond and her hybrids minus the dream dragon I believe. Two nests, six full farms..... I don't really want to buy it, as i believe it will be like malfoy buying his way into the slytherin team but if I spend the $110 pack and don't get a dragon eg; the person who bought $2500 gold the other day for LE's and didn't get a single one. I'd be absolutely gutted :(
Just look at it as free money and you lose nothing you already have and gain excitement. Since you have two nests you could find a way to stretch it out if you had the patience. I know I couldn't lol.

Horntail21
10-30-12, 01:58 PM
You do always have the option of selling the cards for cash also if you want something else. You won't get face value for them though.

benbever
10-30-12, 02:22 PM
I would advice against spending so much money on a virtual item in a game. However, if you are sure this is what you want, and you have been wanting it for the last month(s), and think you'll play the game for the next few months, then don't let that stop you.
I would definitely buy the diamond directly for 2000 gold. I would not gamble with so much money, chances are you won't get the diamond.
With 2000 gold, you can speed up about 100 or 200 (with more patience and no gold traps) dragons. About the same as around two months of playing. In two months of playing you probably won't get a diamond. I haven't gotten one in the last three months and neither have my friends. If a diamond is all you want then just buy that and don't gamble.

ash717
10-30-12, 02:33 PM
Don't spend your money on pixels.

salinho
10-30-12, 02:43 PM
Don't spend your money on pixels.
Short and simple xD but his family already bought him the cards or whatever it is...

mammami08
10-30-12, 02:43 PM
For me it's the chase and the thrill of breeding that keeps me playing, and the chase to have them all. Thats probarbly why i'm so impatient with those LE. I wouldn't spend the money on a diamond, if you have all the others you don't have to be in a rush to get anything els so you can just keep on breeding for diamond. I would do one of two things.

1. Save the gold to speed when new drags come out or you finally get the diamond. The 44 hours wait is not so much fun, and then you have to hatch and evolve. The same for the hybrids when you are able to breed for them.

2. Try sell the itune cards to friends and spend the money on that jacket insted ;) if you got several in lower amounts i tjink it won't be that hard to sell them to friends.

Good luck to you what ever you decide to do and i truly hope you will get that diamond dragon soon.

draginraiser
10-30-12, 03:31 PM
I'm waiting at the moment, not sure on what to do. Just to clarify yes my family and extended family have bought me various $20 and $30 iTunes gift cards for my birthday today. Thanks everyone :)

msvidkiller13
10-30-12, 04:39 PM
For Christmas ask for a ipod and then buy music :)

Takiofallen
10-30-12, 04:55 PM
I will say this don't use them all at once to buy gold if the diamond dragons are the only ones your are missing then breed them. lets say you buy the diamond today and manage to breed all the other hybrids in a month. Games over for you. you will nothing else to breed. Us a 20 here and 30 there stretch it out. A new game might come along that you may like

AkumaNeko
10-30-12, 06:11 PM
Sell the gift cards for cash. Or hold onto them for bays gifts for others. Don't spend on pixels.

Jmho

bdocc
10-30-12, 08:32 PM
Buy the gold if u want but it's not the best idea cuz buying a diamond it's not the same as breeding one lol!