PDA

View Full Version : Why waste tons of money on buildings that barely give you money

mylittlelego
10-29-12, 06:35 PM
I don't understand why does the police station cost 9400 and only gives you 80 dollars per 8 hours! Why can't it be higher same goes for other buildings

jack01020304
10-29-12, 06:55 PM
I don't understand why does the police station cost 9400 and only gives you 80 dollars per 8 hours! Why can't it be higher same goes for other buildings

Just want to say while you progress in the game to when 80 (or 9400) dollars are not so important, you will care about the buildings' decorative values more than monetary values.

mylittlelego
10-29-12, 07:01 PM
That is true

muggapug
10-29-12, 07:06 PM
Community buildings also raise your population capacity which allows you to add dwelling units (houses).

mylittlelego
10-29-12, 07:15 PM
Community buildings also raise your population capacity which allows you to add dwelling units (houses).

Really? Never knew that I thought community buildings were for like safety and economy

bigbux3
10-29-12, 08:24 PM
I dunno! It's like waiting 15 hours to only get 90 coins! Seriously? And everything is so expensive in this game! NEW PLAYERS WILL NOT ENJOY DEBT AND HIGH PRICES! And the gem prices are crazy as well!

Charsville
10-29-12, 11:10 PM
Community buildings raise population cap and also randomly give out extra energy. Watch closely when collecting coins from community buildings and sometimes you will see the energy sign and the number 2. You never know which building or when, but you get two extra energy. That's why a lot of big cities have a lot of wind farms.

benbever
10-30-12, 06:22 AM
The police station is not so good. It doesn't give "80 dollars", but it does only give 100 coins in 8 hours. and add 220 to the population cap.
Other community buildings that take 4 squares, like the museum and opera house, give 120 and 140 coins in 8 hours, and add more to the population cap.
And the wind farm only uses 1 square and gives 110 coins in 4 hours, with a +250 to the population cap.
That's why you see large wind farm parcs in big cities, and no or one (for cosmetic reasons) police stations.

Charsville
10-30-12, 05:22 PM
The best community building for new cities that want to expand is the new Post Office. It's one square and you don't have to wait for neighbors to send materials. The population is less than the wind farm but you don't have to waste your requests. There is a limit of 20 requests per day. Wind farms take 12 requests. By using the post office, you can request more land permits which will help you expand faster. The number of permits needed for land expansion increases for larger cities.

You see a lot of wind farms in big cities because the post office didn't exist when the game started. I would have bought a lot of post offices. If you want a lot of land its better to wait until land expansion takes two days to complete, then request materials for wind farms. If you want a lot of houses, the wind farm is better for the higher population.

benbever
10-31-12, 03:56 PM
Wind farm is better in the very long run, but it is more expensive and takes a lot of request item versus the post office none. Wind farm only gives 20 more per click and has only 70 more for the population cap, so I can see players buying post offices instead of wind farms. However, I don't really like how the post office looks (big letters) so I have only one of them.

nmid
11-07-12, 04:18 PM
Does it make sense to be in a hurry to expand? I don't see the need to, till team lava fixes it's potential problems.

Rather go for making 200+ requests for each item over three days and letting the items fill up over 30 days (perhaps 15-20 seeing not everyone will be active or because team lava might just be eating some of those items up in transit.. I swear that's a massive possibility even factoring in inactive players and 20 requests a day ;)! )

I would still go wind farms for now, till I hit the cap and can't expand.
I'm on 5k pop with a cap of 8k with me making an occasional community building even when I don't need it, just as a buffer.