PDA

View Full Version : It's Official!

Takiofallen
10-29-12, 06:03 PM
So we now know that names mean nothing, so for all of those who believed they did can you think of anything else that those names had in common that you may have over looked??

totaltechno
10-29-12, 06:09 PM
Finally, I can stop dwelling over my dragon's names.

salinho
10-29-12, 07:14 PM
One less factor to worry about.

moostermine
10-29-12, 07:24 PM
If it doesn't make me sound slow, how did you find out?

totaltechno
10-29-12, 07:30 PM
Did someone say PONY?! Rainbow Dash is my favorite. :P

@draginraiser: You're correct. Dragon names don't have any influence on the chances to breed a rare dragon (throwing a bone on this one to help everyone out).

CPed from another thread.

bigbux3
10-29-12, 08:23 PM
I had a theory of the Habitats both dragons are in, along with their elements.
If you need a Diamond (I don't have, so this may be incorrect) you can breed Firestorm and Island. The Island must be in the Water Habitat and the Firestorm must be in the Fire Habitat.
It's just an idea. TeamLava wont tell us what determines breeding.

Takiofallen
10-29-12, 08:28 PM
I would not want them to, i just want to know when breeding what are the actual outcome possibilities, but it's a theory i have never head before
I had a theory of the Habitats both dragons are in, along with their elements.
If you need a Diamond (I don't have, so this may be incorrect) you can breed Firestorm and Island. The Island must be in the Water Habitat and the Firestorm must be in the Fire Habitat.
It's just an idea. TeamLava wont tell us what determines breeding.

bigbux3
10-29-12, 08:41 PM
I would not want them to, i just want to know when breeding what are the actual outcome possibilities, but it's a theory i have never head before

I kind of want them to spill the beans. I'm tired of feeling like failure trying to even get rares! Let alone a Diamond.

Baraze
10-29-12, 08:47 PM
I'm just on level 15 and have quite a few rates and super rates. I'm trying to find out if you have to use gold to get a purple starter dragon or if two of the primary dragons give you purple?

It just sucks how you get the same dragons. If I get one more scorpion or firestorm ill scream. I love the island, mist, Atlantis and mindvolt dragons, they are adorable. Ill try the suggestion to breed the firestorm with the blue dragons and see what I come up with.

Like with seeking any gem/gold items, the coins you get in return are a horror.

AkumaNeko
10-29-12, 10:17 PM
I'm just on level 15 and have quite a few rates and super rates. I'm trying to find out if you have to use gold to get a purple starter dragon or if two of the primary dragons give you purple?

It just sucks how you get the same dragons. If I get one more scorpion or firestorm ill scream. I love the island, mist, Atlantis and mindvolt dragons, they are adorable. Ill try the suggestion to breed the firestorm with the blue dragons and see what I come up with.

Like with seeking any gem/gold items, the coins you get in return are a horror.

Fire (red) & water (blue) = magic (purple) for common result. Athletic can be a result too

draginraiser
10-29-12, 10:37 PM
I'm mentioned! Yay :D yeah names never meant anything :)

grondai
10-29-12, 11:09 PM
Okay so does anything increase your chances? Pony roar?

tr8on
10-30-12, 05:37 AM
Figured... seemed like a stupid idea anyway. IMO, no offense. Lol. :)

iSleepyPanda
10-30-12, 07:08 AM
Actually, it's been stated numerous times by the Mods that the names have nothing to do with the outcome of breeding but people still insist that it does. No matter how many times you post that it doesn't, someone comes along and mentioned their "cloud/indigo just created xxxxx dragon....coincidence?" Even if you say yes it is a coincidence, it just creates a big debate that never ends.

*sigh*

dragonolic
10-30-12, 07:35 AM
yeah. same with levels and "sides" of the breeding den.

Takiofallen
10-30-12, 08:48 AM
Ok so if we go by what mods have discounted then we can agree that.
1. They get more privileged info then we do.
2. The things they don't discount my have validity to it.
Now don't get me wrong i never believed that names had anything to do with breeding due to my personal results but with out official words on things we don't really know what affects breeding.
The name thing ended up working like placebo pills. Just because you believed it to work it did but in all reality had nothing to do with the result.

pinkster73
10-30-12, 08:49 AM
Maybe if you change your dragons name while standing on your head?

grondai
10-30-12, 09:38 AM
Staff stated it, not mods. I don't understand why they can't at least tell us there is something that boosts your chances

salinho
10-30-12, 11:00 AM
Maybe if you change your dragons name while standing on your head?
Ahahaha, and singing the banana song while watching Despicable Me...

Staff stated it, not mods. I don't understand why they can't at least tell us there is something that boosts your chances
Yes, that would be nice. But I suppose they have specific orders against it... And anyway, I bet it's not such a linear thing as "do it like this and you have more chances". Really, factor LUCK plays a huge roll, and some people are just luckier, don't you agree? :p

salinho
10-30-12, 11:04 AM
Anyway,
i bet they thoroughly enjoy watching us squabble like clueless dingbats over the many possibilities and theories! I bet they all get together and go through the threads while eating popcorn, like in a comedy movie. XD

(Kidding. I don't mean it, lol)

tonguelashing
10-30-12, 03:12 PM
Anyway,
i bet they thoroughly enjoy watching us squabble like clueless dingbats over the many possibilities and theories! I bet they all get together and go through the threads while eating popcorn, like in a comedy movie. XD

(Kidding. I don't mean it, lol)

Actually, I *can* see them doing this.

bdocc
10-30-12, 09:10 PM
In anyway I wasn't gonna be changing the names of my dragons!

uevenliftbro
10-31-12, 01:40 AM
It amazes me how people come up with all these absolutely ridiculous theories about breeding; names, sides, level etc.. The biggest hint that these are just superstitions is that mods have ACTUALLY confirmed that these have no impact on breeding chances, the second hint would be that all these theories are just plain silly and illogical to put into the game..

pinkster73
10-31-12, 09:14 AM
I still think my standing on your head while naming your dragon is a great idea.

Takiofallen
10-31-12, 11:22 AM
Well i agree an disagree while the name thing never made any sense to me level did. I'm why raise a dragon to epic. I know it gives more money but its not illogical to think that being a higher level would help in breeding. Also with the inconsistency with breeding results it's very clear it does not work in a normal manner. So when people start seeing what they see as a pattern (out of the 5 people you know with diamonds 4 happen to have a dragon named billy) you actually can see where it starts. But when the mods discount it it tells me 1 listen and 2 being a mode gets you information that regular players don't.
It amazes me how people come up with all these absolutely ridiculous theories about breeding; names, sides, level etc.. The biggest hint that these are just superstitions is that mods have ACTUALLY confirmed that these have no impact on breeding chances, the second hint would be that all these theories are just plain silly and illogical to put into the game..

azychan
10-31-12, 09:21 PM
Maybe there are rates to breeding dragons, for example: when you breed 2 dragons that have 4 elements, maybe 70% you'll get a common, 20% rare, 7% super rare and 3% ultra rare. So the dragon you get will be random in those rates
I think that gold can also effect the breeding result (just kidding but all of my friends who have diamonds and diamonds hybrid, bought golds for 5, 6 times and large amount)

Takiofallen
10-31-12, 10:31 PM
There is a percentage but they won't make it clear on how it works. See my thread about basic breeding i explain alot in it
Maybe there are rates to breeding dragons, for example: when you breed 2 dragons that have 4 elements, maybe 70% you'll get a common, 20% rare, 7% super rare and 3% ultra rare. So the dragon you get will be random in those rates
I think that gold can also effect the breeding result (just kidding but all of my friends who have diamonds and diamonds hybrid, bought golds for 5, 6 times and large amount)