PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Edition

WendingWanderer
10-28-12, 01:17 PM
OK people, I'm confused.

1. If I install the Halloween edition, do I now have two farms, or does my old farm become the Halloween farm?

2. Is there any difference between the Halloween farm and the regular farm other than a darker background? Are there different crops? Different decorations?

3. When the Halloween version is over, do I end up with the up-dated tap-to-manage regular farm or with my old non-tap-to-manage regular farm?

I'm a droid user, and have never had the option to install a holiday edition before. I'm not sure what to expect, and I most definitely do not want to end up with tap-to-manage.

bbieprnc
10-28-12, 03:57 PM
OK, I am Android user, so here you go:

No, you have two farms one normal - older version, the one without tap to manage. And you have another farm - Halloween one - darker and ghosts around it, nothing else is different. Well, except this one has the tap to manage and goals. You can still play either mode - that is what I would call it - and it is the same impact on your farm - you collect, water, plant from either mode and it always reflects on the other one.

Go ahead and try out - you can always uninstall the Halloween version and be back with one farm - the regular one. At least this way you can see what the goals and tap to manage are and how they work - or don't work.

Hmm, not sure if I'm explaining it clearly, shoot me a message and I can explain more.

WendingWanderer
10-28-12, 04:12 PM
I think I understand what you said. The most important thing is whether I could end up stuck with tap-to-manage in my regular farm.

Have you installed the Halloween edition?

MizCricket
10-29-12, 05:09 AM
I think I understand what you said. The most important thing is whether I could end up stuck with tap-to-manage in my regular farm.

No you will not end up with tap to manage in your regular edition if you install the Halloween version. You will have a separate icon in your app menu.

I have installed the halloween version and then uninstalled it after all the gems from the goals were applied to my account.

bbieprnc
10-29-12, 06:32 AM

Yes I did try it out - yes it is good to find out and see the differences between the old version of the game, we have and what the update does to the zooms in and out and tap to manage. Yes, it was crashing my phone, freezing it, making it useless, therefore I uninstalled it.

So give it a try - won't mess up anything in your FS you have.

WendingWanderer
10-29-12, 10:00 AM
All right, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

zaylex9901
10-31-12, 09:48 AM
Um am I lost? Is Farm Story Halloween available on ios.

kooky panda
10-31-12, 10:53 AM
Um am I lost? Is Farm Story Halloween available on ios.
No, IOS did not get a halloween game this year.

pinkster73
10-31-12, 11:16 AM
No, IOS did not get a halloween game this year.

Say what?! What about ios parity?! Oh no! :p

luv4quiltz
11-01-12, 05:43 PM
I'm sorry, but your statement is incorrect! My regular version of FS got automatically updated the week the Halloween edition came out. As an Androrid user, I never was never able to receive Goals until this update occurred. However, along with this update came Tap to Manage. In addition, my game has lagged horribly ever since. When I tap my crops to plow or plant, it takes a couple of seconds for each square to highlight showing it has been selected. This has caused Tap to Manage to pop up frequently since the update but I have been very fortunate until tonight. I just lost 20 of my hard-earned gems by accidentally clicking Fertilize All.

If I could use 4-letter words on this site I would right now because I am so angry. I have worked so hard and save up gems for Christmas decorations and now lost almost half of what I saved in an instant.

I feel like I am owed a refund or maybe I need to take this complaint to higher places like the Better Business Bureau. I love playing this game but Team Lava is doing their best to destroy the fun by adding such STUPID features as Tap to Manage. Sometimes I think they are purposely trying to drive their customers away because they sure are NOT listening to our requests to remove this feature! :mad: