PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!

Mlb3116
10-27-12, 10:43 PM
Ok I need help desperately!! :confused: I'm gonna start with saying I'm new to this game so bear with me!! I recently downloaded it just to get the gold for ds but me and my daughter are loving it!! :o There are a few things however that I can't figure out! :rolleyes:

1. My game forcecloses constantly!! :mad: I only have the halloween edition so I'm not sure if this is the problem. More bugs then regular version maybe? :confused: This seems to be the case with my other games, 3 are regular and have little to no problems, fs and bs are halloween versions and crash constantly!! :( I can't view my goals without forceclosing, I can't visit neighbors, post on walls, send gifts or request items without a forceclose and if I go into design and purchase or rearrange items, the minute I try to close out the design tab, BAM, it forcecloses!! :eek: I get forceclosed 9 out of 10 times doing any of the above except the last. Exiting out of my design tab gets me forceclosed every time! :mad:

*Is there anyone who has only the halloween version and not the original and is having these same issues with constant forcecloses? I'm on android if that matters!

2. I'm having a hard time keeping my racks stocked. :( My rationale as a new player was: more racks/tables = more clothes = more sales = more $$! Right? Wrong! I'm blowing through inventory faster them I can order! :p So, I had the brilliant idea to barricade my door, keeping customers out and giving me more time to place my orders! Then, once I'm fully stocked, open up shop and let the $$ roll in!! ;) So I locked my doors, spent three days stocking my racks and figured before I went to bed tonight I would open my shop and by morning I'd be pulling in some big sales! Only thing was, as stated in problem #1, when I went into my design tab and moved my register away from the door I got for ceclosed! :eek: I went back into my game immediately to make sure the game didn't glitch and move my register back in front of the door and to my surprise all my racks were empty!! :mad: Now don't get me wrong, I was glad to be quite richer but it was a little astonishing to see my three days of work wiped out so quickly!! :p

Now I know I can't be the only one who thought of this so here are my questions:
*Is this a normal outcome to blocking the door, or could it be because I was foreclosed and the game glitched?
*Its blocking the door not worth it?
*Is it better to have less racks and keep them well stocked?
*What is the most efficient way to earn $$ and level up quickly?

I appreciate any input on what the best strategy to this game is. I currently play pet shop story, farm story and dragon story so this is a totally new type of game play for me! As I said I also downloaded bakery story halloween edition for the gold (which has a similar style of supply and demand) but due to way more constant forceclosing on that game I rarely play it!! :rolleyes:

Thanks!! ??? ♥ @-}-- ♥ ???

stephii123
10-27-12, 11:00 PM
I have an Iphone 4 and my game NEVER did that... not sure why it would do that to you.. maybe it's your cellphone? maybe you have too much APPS? or maybe it is because you have the halloween edition? I read that there were bugs in those halloween versions... I suggest you get the regular game. I personally hate the halloween edition. And especially if your new to this game, you should have the original game.

stephii123
10-27-12, 11:04 PM
Your racks are probably always empty bcuz you buy clothes that are too cheap... you need to buy the most expensive clothing... if you look at the bottom you will see how much money you will make after selling the clothes and it will also tell you how many peices of clothing you will get.

btammi1
10-28-12, 05:29 AM
I too downloaded FS because of free gems in BS and DS. I install both the halloween and regular. Then I play the regular version and the progress saves in both. I still get the gems too!

MizCricket
10-28-12, 07:00 AM
Welcome to the game! To answer your questions:
1. Try installing the regular version and see if it works better for you.
2. It will take a while for you to get to the point where your stock doesn't sell out. Blocking the door often causes a quick sale when you open it again. That's what you experienced. If you'd like to stock some items it's better to block access to the racks/tables you would like to stock up. The customers can only buy items from racks and tables they can get to.

A couple more tips:
To make money quickly stock your store with items that sell for 5 coins each. Some sell for 2 and some for 5.
Mastering catalogs earns gems. You get a gem when you master levels 2 & 4 on an item in the catalog. There is a thread in the forum that lists how many times you have to order each item to master the next level.
Watch the symbols over your cutomer's heads. You can have a 100 rating but still have lots of customers leaving with broken hearts. Each one is a lost sale which will lower the coins/hr you earn. Customers can be unhappy with the layout of your store so you might have to move a mirror or dressing room or maybe a register.
You don't need tons of registers and dressing rooms to keep people happy so don't buy more than you need. You really only need to add a dressing room if you notice people are looking at items and then show the dressing room symbol over their head and leave because one isn't available.
Hope some of that helps you get started! This is my favorite story game of allthe ones I play. :-)

laVirtualCloset
10-28-12, 08:34 AM
Here's some info I posted earlier in the year regarding a similar problem. You may find it useful:

Some of the best advice I found on the forum when I first started was to focus on increasing your coin balance before starting to decorate or buy clothes for your avatar (if you're into that). *Your balance will quickly grow. *Also, if making money is very important to you then I would caution against focusing on the goals when you're just starting out. *Those goals can be very costly to your coin balance. *

It's been awhile so I don't quite remember but I believe a lot of the $5 options don't open up to right way. *So if you're in the lower levels, the recommendation I received which worked out great was to focus on ordering inventory and expanding and buy wall mirrors when possible (500 coins vs 7,500 coins for floor mirror), order inexpensive tools: basic racks (1,000 - 2,000 coins vs 25,000 - 40,000 coins or 2 - 5 gems for the decorative ones) and basic tables (2,500 - 5,000 coins vs 10,000 - 20,000 coins or 1 - 5 gems for the decorative ones).

Also remember with tables, they all function the same (thin, square, and rectangular). *The difference is aesthetics; how many pairs of shoes do you want to visually see: one pair (thin table), four pairs (square table), or 8 pairs (rectangular table). *The larger the table, the higher the price but all the tables will take multiple orders of the same item. *I didn’t necessarily realize that until I’d played a couple of weeks.
My shop's bigger now but the configuration concept is still the same:

Also, the configuration of your shop will have a definite impact on your sales per hour. *Keeping your register, dressing rooms and mirrors fairly close to the door so the shoppers aren't wasting a lot of travel time once they're in your shop has a huge impact on your sales.

For instance, I now have a 17x20 structure but its made up of 3 shops: 5x20, 12x13, and 12x7. *I still get the same number of customers for a 17x20 shop but they are divided among three stores and they spend a shorter amount of time in the store. *This helps to maintain my sales per hour even though my space is growing. *I have the benefit of the extra space (i.e. ability to carry more merchandise), but eliminate one downside.

Mlb3116
10-28-12, 09:37 AM
Thanks everyone for all the tips!! I'm definitely going to download the original game to side if that helps with the crashing! I didn't realize that I would still complete the goals in my other games and receive my gold/gems if I want playing the halloween version since that was the one advertised!! Also I will pay more attention to how much coin my orders will net and rework my floor layout! Hopefully all of this will help because as I said I love this game!! If anyone wants more neighbors feel free to add me!! At the moment, with the forceclosing issues, I'm not able to add anyone myself or post my id on anyones ralph without it crashing!! Hoping the original game will fix this issue!!

Mlb3116
10-28-12, 09:44 AM
*can't post id on anyones WALL without it crashing!

Mlb3116
10-28-12, 08:00 PM
I downloaded the original fs and have been having minimal forceclosing!! I stocked up and redid my layout!! Sales are rolling in!! I even invited a bunch of neighbors!! Lol! Thanks again everyone!

MizCricket
10-28-12, 08:26 PM
I downloaded the original fs and have been having minimal forceclosing!! I stocked up and redid my layout!! Sales are rolling in!! I even invited a bunch of neighbors!! Lol! Thanks again everyone!

Is your shop name Cullen's Closet?

Mlb3116
10-28-12, 09:49 PM
Is your shop name Cullen's Closet?

Now, its Ava's boutique! I sent you a friend request so I could take a peek at your shop! Absolutely LOVE it!! I saw on your wall that your not adding so its cool if you dont accept but I really wanted to checkout your place!

MizCricket
10-29-12, 04:52 AM
Now, its Ava's boutique! I sent you a friend request so I could take a peek at your shop! Absolutely LOVE it!! I saw on your wall that your not adding so its cool if you dont accept but I really wanted to checkout your place!

Thx dear! I'll accept it. I accepted one from Cullen's Closet yesterday because I thought it might be you. LOL
I gift daily and visit on Fri, Sat, Sun because my schedule is pretty hectic during the week. :-)