PDA

View Full Version : A compromise?

TheRaki
10-27-12, 09:04 PM
I'm not saying TL bust the old version on purpose to force people to upgrade but it does seem kind a bit fishy. The player base thinks they did it on purpose. The people that quit think they did. And I've only seen one reply that said "we are looking into it". So here's my thought.

The majority of people that download free games don't spend money in the game. There are a small percentage of people that do after they are hooked but for the most part none of us do. I'd never buy gold just to buy a dragon. And now that food prices are jacked up theres even less of a chance for TL to make money. So how bout a compromise that would 1) make you money where you were getting one and 2) make the players happy. The idea?

Change the current version of Dragon Story/New Dawn into a lite version. Bring out a new client and charge a couple bucks and give it perks. Such as normal feeding amounts, increased chance of rares like diamonds, and maybe throw in an extra breeding den/nest. IMO this will get you a couple bucks out of the people that would have never spent money in the game, and at the same time those of us who complain about having this or that can get it.

theclumsypotato
10-27-12, 09:20 PM
Actually, that's a pretty good idea. I would never buy gold (especially at these prices--10 USD for a digital nest?!) but I would consider buying an app.

mattyboo1
10-27-12, 09:22 PM
I upgraded because the old version was unplayable

mammami08
10-28-12, 05:31 AM
A VERY, VERY, VERY good idea, me like....

Nefertekas
10-28-12, 08:57 AM
As long as in the lite version things are kept as they are. Can't imagine them much worse, anyway. I can imagine special dragons only being available for the full version. Then again, I still think it's more compensating for them to have it free as it is, but with the gold as expensive as it is and being as USEFUL as it is. XD

Nefertekas
10-28-12, 08:58 AM
And yeah, I don't buy apps. :p

kwhales
10-28-12, 11:07 AM
I don't see them adding a lite version and asking for payment. most lite versions are free, with the full version requiring a purchase. If they do bring a lite, they would probably offer this free and start charging for the full version like on other apps.

furture players might like this. free app, play for awhile-because most free lite apps end after awhile and the makers want you to now purchase the full version. they might get more players this way, but how many of us who have the full version would download a lite version possibly without as many dragons and stuff?

TheRaki
10-28-12, 12:37 PM
I wouldnt want the lite version to change at all from current version. Change the paid version to make it easier on player base. Easier to get dragons, food costs, breeding den etc.

kwhales
10-28-12, 01:41 PM
I wouldnt want the lite version to change at all from current version. Change the paid version to make it easier on player base. Easier to get dragons, food costs, breeding den etc.

If TL made everything easier, the game would be easier, people wouldn't need to buy gold as much if at all and the game would be over quicker. And if it was easier, they would lose fan base here to those who would be willing to pay a little to get what they want. A lot of players want instant gratification, so why play this harder longer more frustrating version, when there is easy smeary out there.

kwhales
10-28-12, 01:42 PM
Meant easy smeary. Oops

kwhales
10-28-12, 01:43 PM
Hate spell check. Smeasy. Thank you

TheRaki
10-29-12, 12:58 PM
How about a quest that lowers dragon food costs, or a new booster that cuts price on farm price + gives more food + cuts time by a percentage?

Manaphio
10-29-12, 01:00 PM
Who do u think you are I shall not pay you want to waste our money

sweetstuff525
10-29-12, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't pay for the app.... And I don't have a diamond yet but I'll eventually get it ... Since this is about luck

TheRaki
10-29-12, 01:27 PM
Lite version would mean you dont have to pay.

formom2012
10-29-12, 01:28 PM
Why don't they first try and offer the same game version New Dawn to everybody instead of just apple users first. Then start a light or paid app..Would be nice if we all were on the same page. There really is no reason in this age that we all couldn't have received the new release together. Solve this problem before going onto another project.