PDA

View Full Version : Game crashing

myharleycat
10-26-12, 01:12 PM
Since the last two updates my bakery has been crashing even before it opens. It takes at least three tries to open the game. No hard reset doesn't seem to work either. Now restaurant is doing the same. Any suggestions?!

kooky panda
10-26-12, 01:20 PM
What device do you play on? If android- the specific device.

What is the version of your device- usually listed under your settings on your device.

What is your bakery game version number? Under menu-help- small number at the bottom of the screen.

Do you play on wifi or cellular?

FrozenTurtle
10-26-12, 01:39 PM
Have you also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

myharleycat
10-26-12, 03:31 PM
I play on iPod touch fourth gen. Everything is up to date as far I know. I use wifi at home. I'm afraid of uninstalling and reinstalling for fear of losing my games. Plus I didn't think of that one! Thanks.

10-27-12, 09:45 AM
What device do you play on? If android- the specific device.

What is the version of your device- usually listed under your settings on your device.

What is your bakery game version number? Under menu-help- small number at the bottom of the screen.

Do you play on wifi or cellular?

Does it make different if the user play on wifi or cellular?
when I played the games on my device I use wifi, the application also crash and in the past, I also faced an issue with my data of my mobile.

MomsHouseofSweets
10-27-12, 02:12 PM
''m Android and use an Acer Tablet (new). Dragon Story (and BS) FC and crash (close) repeatedly and I mean a LOT! My game is up to-date verison wise. I have deleted and reinstalled repeatedly. I have closed the game and restarted it. Nothing helps. I have had my device checked out 2 times and had my connection checked out by AT&T, including 2 home inspections to check connection and they (AT&T) has checked towers twice also. It doesn't matter what I do, be it posting on someone's wall, gathering coins from habitats, breeding, feeding ... doesn't matter, I get FCs and crashing. As a matter of fact, I was at AT&T again discussing these problems. It's no different for Bakery Story, which I also play (try to play) ... continual FC and or crashing. There's another issue with BS, but I've mentioned it there. There is a minimum of a 30 second load time, every time the game has to reload. The load time for visiting neighbors is way too long as well. This is so very frustrating and irritating. I have replied to the sending of messages via the FC request, but I don't know that anyone ever sees them. I sent an email about issues with BS, but never received a reply. Sure wish TL could get to the bottom of all these FCs and crashes!

MomsHouseofSweets
10-30-12, 11:50 AM
Anroid Acer Tablet
A105
Current - up to date

I have been keeping my Bakery Story (regular) as deleted, due to it constantly closing or being hit with FCs, only re-installing when I wanted to try to play. The regular BS edition was plagued again, so I tried Bakery Story Halloween Edition again this morning. It was worse than the regular edition. <sigh> Such a shame, because I used to really enjoy playing. To make things a bit more fair... Dragon Story is just as bed with crashing and FCs. Got hit 3 times in a row (less than 2 min) this morning. I have no clue what the real problem is, but there's definitely a problem. I have done everything suggested and I've sent emails to support, adding a new problem in BS. I've not heard from them, but I'm sure they're busy what with emails from other members about problems. I've also asked just what "reporting" does when experiencing an FC. As far as I can tell ... nothing. Can't begin to tell you how many I've sent.

Anyway ... My BS will remain deleted, taking it out every once in a while when I have a lot of extra time to play (need the extra time!). What ever the problem is or problems are, I sure hope they figure it out soon.

annitude
06-12-18, 06:00 PM
I really enjoy the game, but the app crashes multiple times a day now, it started a couple of weeks ago. It is making it hard to continue enjoying the game. I'm playing on a new iPhone 8 that has plenty of free space, and I am on version 1.8.2. Help.

kooky panda
06-13-18, 09:46 AM
Check and make sure you have the most current apple software update on your phone.
On your phone try going under settings-safari - clear data.
You can try deleting and redownloading the game. After installing restart your phone.

Try playing on 3G to see if you have the same issues. If not, please check your wifi connection.

giadyl
06-13-18, 05:05 PM
I play on an iPad Pro with all up to date downloads and it still crashes several times a day. This is THE ONLY GAME that does that

kooky panda
06-14-18, 08:46 AM
Please try some of my previous suggestions to see if this helps.

annitude
06-19-18, 05:06 PM
The issue happens on my iPad also. Both devices are running the most iOS. Both devices had recently been erased and reconfigured from scratch so they were clean downloads of the app already. I followed your instructions, cleaning the Safari data didn't help. After deleting the game, re-downloading and restarting, I have lost all my goal reward items in the different ovens. When ever the app starts to process and the processing rectangle pops up it just gets stuck there. The customer have blue broken hearts and the cooked foods turn rotten, then close the app and relaunch it and it starts to work again.

kooky panda
06-20-18, 09:02 AM
The issue happens on my iPad also. Both devices are running the most iOS. Both devices had recently been erased and reconfigured from scratch so they were clean downloads of the app already. I followed your instructions, cleaning the Safari data didn't help. After deleting the game, re-downloading and restarting, I have lost all my goal reward items in the different ovens. When ever the app starts to process and the processing rectangle pops up it just gets stuck there. The customer have blue broken hearts and the cooked foods turn rotten, then close the app and relaunch it and it starts to work again.
To confirm you downloaded from iTunes right?
Are you playing the regular version of the game(not an old seasonal version)?

annitude
06-20-18, 05:49 PM
Correct, downloaded from iTunes. And no it is not all old holiday version. Per the help/faq page I am running version 1.8.2.

My goal unlocked recipes all of a sudden came back available late this afternoon. But it still hangs/freezes when it goes into the processing mode.

kooky panda
06-21-18, 10:08 AM
Correct, downloaded from iTunes. And no it is not all old holiday version. Per the help/faq page I am running version 1.8.2.

My goal unlocked recipes all of a sudden came back available late this afternoon. But it still hangs/freezes when it goes into the processing mode.
The locked goals was an issue and that has been fixed.

Try turning your wifi connection off then back on to see if that helps.
Also make sure you close out any applications running in the background.

rjames654
07-10-18, 04:11 AM
Hey everyone,

I just updated to the latest android version on my OnePlus 5T and bakery story is crashing multiple times my cousin take's my phone to play the game and it crashes everytime. Any fix for this? please help

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

myharleycat
12-04-18, 01:24 PM
Every time I try to build constructables on my own without the help of my friends. My game, especially today continuously crashes. Please tell me I?m not the only one this happens to. I?m running on the latest iOS on iPad Air 2. Thanks. Restarting device doesn?t work. :blue:

mkj99
01-03-19, 03:03 AM
My game is constantly crashing. I am going nuts here
for every stove that I need to replenish it takes me about 2-3 crashes
Visiting friends is an agony, for most I can't read their walls which I normally do. I can't gift then

my Android's version is 4.4.2 and I seem to have the latest game version (but which one of the many is it now???)

I realize I am still using my old phone but I don't want to install any games on my new one, games ****ed my battery on the old one.

This all started when storm8 introduced the new playing style, items dropping when cooking, before that it was fine. Restaurant has the same problem BUT since there is no goal now it has not crashed once since I finished the last goal. Other games such as Bakery 2 and Restaurant 2 have no issue.

Can someone help???
Thanks in advance

Rynetory2
01-03-19, 03:40 AM
Try reinstalling the game app and see if that helps. If not, maybe your device is getting too old or slow to run the game. :(

(Moved your post to Bakery Story forum)

mkj99
01-04-19, 02:31 AM
Thanks Rynetory. I have of course uninstalled and reinstalled more times than I care to count. It is highly possible that my device is too old but I will not use my new device, the new game formats are too demanding on the battery.

I was wondering if anyone had any tip on how to increase the speed and/or capabilities of an older device...

Rynetory2
01-04-19, 02:39 AM
Thanks Rynetory. I have of course uninstalled and reinstalled more times than I care to count. It is highly possible that my device is too old but I will not use my new device, the new game formats are too demanding on the battery.

I was wondering if anyone had any tip on how to increase the speed and/or capabilities of an older device...

Avoid leaving games running in the background to help conserving battery... I always close out my games when I'm not playing. Here are some suggestions you can try in What can I do to try to resolve my game issues? (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98332-Bakery-Story-WIP-thread&p=1413156&viewfull=1#post1413156) All the best!

myharleycat
01-10-19, 01:36 PM
It is only in Bakery story on my iPad Air 2 that this happens. It crashes when I try to build the constructables myself. The only thing I?ve noticed is in bakery story on both my android and iPad is that the cooking status bar never moves forward when building. Only when cooking. This might be the problem. Please Storm8 fix this bug! This has been happening for about 3 months now. I?ve tried everything. Thanks

andita3108
04-18-19, 05:19 AM
Hello, I need some help. Everytime I try to purchase any amount of gems, my game crashes.
I've tried it both in plain BS and Valentine's day BS and it's the same thing.
I hope someone can help me, thanks!

AnnirasSweets
04-18-19, 07:16 AM
Hello, I need some help. Everytime I try to purchase any amount of gems, my game crashes.

The usual first steps in resolving most in-game issues are to first make sure you're running the current version available in the app store and once you are if the issue persists, then uninstall and reinstall the app to see if that helps matters.

Rynetory2
04-18-19, 08:59 AM

Does your game crash when you are doing other activities like cooking or serving food? Or does it crash only when you buy gems? If it crashes duing game play, try reinstalling it - make sure you are playing on the latest regular game version and not a seasonal version. Try other suggestions under section Device Performance Issues in Chapter What can I do to resolve my game issue? in Game Guide, link in my signature.

Moved to Bugs forum.

appledumplin
04-26-19, 06:10 AM
Playing Bakery Story 1.8.3 BS is always crashing and a lot of times, my bakery and bakeries I visit have to upload time after time. I have cleared history and cache with no help. Any other suggestions and are any other players having this issue. This seems to have started when they started playing those pop up videos

Rynetory2
04-30-19, 05:50 AM
Playing Bakery Story 1.8.3 BS is always crashing and a lot of times, my bakery and bakeries I visit have to upload time after time. I have cleared history and cache with no help. Any other suggestions and are any other players having this issue. This seems to have started when they started playing those pop up videos

App crashing is usually due to device running low on resources and video streaming can be heavy duty on older devices so I will advise you to check your device. I'm playing on the same game version as you without issues. Try the suggestions under Device Performance Issues under Chapter What can I do to resolve my game issues? in Game Guide, link in my signature.

katequilter53
05-01-19, 09:54 AM
Please help! My game is crashing. Restaurant Story also crashes once in awhile but Bakery crashes constantly. It just started doing this a couple of days ago. I tried deleting the game and restarting it but that just made it worse. My Storm8 games are the only ones that crash, so it isn?t my iPad. I?ve deleted all of my Storm8 games except these 2 because of crashing issues. I don?t want to stop playing these 2 games. Help!

Rynetory2
05-01-19, 09:33 PM
Please help! My game is crashing. Restaurant Story also crashes once in awhile but Bakery crashes constantly. It just started doing this a couple of days ago. I tried deleting the game and restarting it but that just made it worse. My Storm8 games are the only ones that crash, so it isn?t my iPad. I?ve deleted all of my Storm8 games except these 2 because of crashing issues. I don?t want to stop playing these 2 games. Help!

Try the suggestions under Device Performance Issues under Chapter What can I do to resolve my game issues? in Game Guide, link in my signature.

jennm13
05-17-19, 12:27 AM
Game crashes every 5 minutes iPad mini3. Latest software, no other apps running, only game that does this, have uninstalled and reinstalled, powered off and on. Definitely a BUG. Please fix this.

Rynetory2
05-17-19, 05:48 AM
Game crashes every 5 minutes iPad mini3. Latest software, no other apps running, only game that does this, have uninstalled and reinstalled, powered off and on. Definitely a BUG. Please fix this.

I wish I can tell you it's a bug but unfortunately crashing is usually due to our devices and/or sometimes network. :( My game is working fine. Can you try checking your device? Try the suggestions in Chapter What can I do to resolve my game issues? in Game Guide, link in my signature.