PDA

View Full Version : Where to expand next in Dragon Story?

OrdinaryJoe
10-26-12, 09:52 AM
I've seen where people have advised others to stay away from certain islands/areas where there are some trees or boulders that are ridiculously expensive to clear...

I am just about out of room in the main island, and am ready to expand somewhere else. Which is the best place to expand where I will encounter the least amount of really expensive trees/boulders to clear?

Which areas are the absolute areas to avoid?

Thanks so much!

rusticjess
10-26-12, 09:58 AM
probably not the lower islands. I moved to the lower one just beyond the main island and I got 3 large bitter barks sitting there

OrdinaryJoe
10-27-12, 01:42 PM
I expanded upwards to the left of the main island, and can't do anything with that space at the moment, as there's a big tree that costs 800,000 to clear! I don't know if I should continue to expand up there, and hope that its the only 800,000 tree up there... or expand elsewhere because there are more 800,000 trees in that area.

goughy999
10-27-12, 02:00 PM
I expanded upwards to the left of the main island, and can't do anything with that space at the moment, as there's a big tree that costs 800,000 to clear! I don't know if I should continue to expand up there, and hope that its the only 800,000 tree up there... or expand elsewhere because there are more 800,000 trees in that area.

I've gone up the top and hit at least 5 of these trees so far, and a couple of expensive rocks.
I think theirs 3 of them on the island with the dawn tree too.

Mlb3116
10-27-12, 08:09 PM
No matter where you go your gonna hit them, but you don't have to clear them! Just eat the expansion cost, request some more maps, and plow on!! :)

Applejacksfriend
10-28-12, 01:16 AM

Wow 800,000!! And I thought clearing a bitter bark tree for 250,000 was ridiculously expensive! Makes me think twice about continuing with this game, as it's already really slow going.

Nefertekas
10-28-12, 04:46 AM
I got a boulder on the lower island (one space up, one soace right from the Tree of Dawn) that cost 990,000 to clear xD le ouch!!

SunshineNL81
10-28-12, 05:50 AM
How does one request a map and what does it tell you? I just did my first expansion and am wondering if I'll EVER have enough money for just that little square....

kwhales
10-28-12, 06:38 AM
How does one request a map and what does it tell you? I just did my first expansion and am wondering if I'll EVER have enough money for just that little square....

when you run out of maps in your 'storage', and you go to expand, you will see you don't have enough and a little blue box will be there saying 'ask friends'. click on this and your neighbor list will come up, click on the neighbors you want to ask for a map. It's that easy.

The maps don't say anything. You never actually see them.

Keep visiting neighbors and community and play with their dragons. they will visit and play with yours. and leave $250 bucks on each habitat they played on. this adds up. so visit visit visit..

oh and build a lot of habitats, even if you leave them empty. the more habitats you have the more visits you can get. You still get the coins even if there is no dragon in the habitat.

kwhales
10-28-12, 06:41 AM
I have three 800k trees to ****. anyone have an ax?

Applejacksfriend
10-28-12, 09:05 PM

Ha Ha if only it were that simple :)

YorkshireLass68
12-14-12, 03:04 AM
I've just started playing dragon story and
have expanded but don't know how to clear the really
dark green trees can anyone tell me how to do it pls?

Nefertekas
12-14-12, 03:12 AM
I've just started playing dragon story and
have expanded but don't know how to clear the really
dark green trees can anyone tell me how to do it pls?
The reeeeeally dark green ones have to be expanded i to first. Only then can you clear them, meaning you pay cash to cut them off. Be careful! Some prices can change a LOT!

elione
12-14-12, 03:57 AM
i'm clearing the upper island and every tree cost me 800k !
but I tried first the lower island and i found a mould really expensive...990k !!

i don't know about the other islands

flugate
12-14-12, 04:21 AM

Or if there's any pyromaniacs getting around, feel free to pop over to my island....

Nefertekas
12-14-12, 05:20 AM
Or if there's any pyromaniacs getting around, feel free to pop over to my island....

We have fire-breathing dragons. We should get them to work xD

i'm clearing the upper island and every tree cost me 800k !
but I tried first the lower island and i found a mould really expensive...990k !!

i don't know about the other islands

Same here! They're almost the same for everyone.
In Monster Story, there are rocks that cost 3 and a half MILLION and lava pits for NINE MILLION. Yes, lovely.

faisal01911349250
12-14-12, 06:07 AM
These prices r ridiculous I already needed to clear 3 990k boulder and 8 800k trees and it hurts my already low finances

kwhales
12-14-12, 07:13 AM
These prices r ridiculous I already needed to clear 3 990k boulder and 8 800k trees and it hurts my already low finances

It will get easier...once you have a lot of dragons and habitats, collecting coins comes fast and furious--sometimes I can't keep up. Get as many habs as poss, put dragons in them--super rares of course are best (not even mentioning ultras). The return on these dragons will help you clear land...make friends who visit daily. This helps too.

linus664
12-14-12, 07:18 AM
when you run out of maps in your 'storage', and you go to expand, you will see you don't have enough and a little blue box will be there saying 'ask friends'. click on this and your neighbor list will come up, click on the neighbors you want to ask for a map. It's that easy.

The maps don't say anything. You never actually see them.

Keep visiting neighbors and community and play with their dragons. they will visit and play with yours. and leave $250 bucks on each habitat they played on. this adds up. so visit visit visit..

oh and build a lot of habitats, even if you leave them empty. the more habitats you have the more visits you can get. You still get the coins even if there is no dragon in the habitat.

You need to put at least one dragon into a habitat before it can be tipped... I found out the hard way when I tried doing the same thing!

linus664
12-14-12, 07:21 AM
We have fire-breathing dragons. We should get them to work xD

Same here! They're almost the same for everyone.
In Monster Story, there are rocks that cost 3 and a half MILLION and lava pits for NINE MILLION. Yes, lovely.

I just stumbled on the one in monster story. I was blown away! I expected prices similar to DS but that is extreme!

faisal01911349250
12-14-12, 07:28 AM
I already have 28 Habs and am clearing space for more and the super rares r very hard to get

linus664
12-14-12, 07:39 AM
I already have 28 Habs and am clearing space for more and the super rares r very hard to get

It would be nice if the breeding wasn't so difficult, I've lost track but I'm definitely over 100 attempts for my diamond. When you look at how many islands, firestorms and poisons that I've gotten it is really time consuming!

kwhales
12-14-12, 07:58 AM

I have only 27 habs but take in about 1 million a day in coins, and I have 7 million in reserve. Just keep expanding and clear when you have extra coins. I do not have alot of rares.

linus664
12-14-12, 08:00 AM
I have only 27 habs but take in about 1 million a day in coins, and I have 7 million in reserve. Just keep expanding and clear when you have extra coins. I do not have alot of rares.

Wow! That's impressive, do you have any diamond hybrids?

kwhales
12-14-12, 08:07 AM
Wow! That's impressive, do you have any diamond hybrids?

No. But I collect often throughout the day. That is the real trick, collecting often.

linus664
12-14-12, 08:10 AM
No. But I collect often throughout the day. That is the real trick, collecting often.

I can't seem to stockpile money, it gets eaten up on expansion costs and clearing... And I've been avoiding the expensive trees!

tr8on
12-14-12, 08:20 AM
I can't seem to stockpile money, it gets eaten up on expansion costs and clearing... And I've been avoiding the expensive trees!

Same here... except I tend to spend a lot on food for my dragons... trying to get them all to epic.

kwhales
12-14-12, 08:23 AM
What level are you both at?

linus664
12-14-12, 08:32 AM
I'm at level 85. Been trying for my diamond since level 42.

kwhales
12-14-12, 08:43 AM
I'm at level 85. Been trying for my diamond since level 42.

You're at level 85 and can't stockpile coins??? I am only at level 59. If you have enough room for your habitats (all 30) plus maybe two plots for the new buildings coming, STOP expanding and clearing, and stockpile coins for awhile.

Horntail21
12-14-12, 08:46 AM
I pretty much hover around 6mil. I plant only diamondates though and expand as soon as I get the opportunity.

tr8on
12-14-12, 08:52 AM
What level are you both at?

Level 62. Staying roughly between the 400k and 700k range... but all those Bitter Barks are at 800k in the northern island. :/ So for now I am just working on getting my dragons up to earn more money.

nikky2012
12-14-12, 09:24 AM
I'm level 79. I usually have 7-8 million. And I do expansions as soon as I can and plant diamondates. Although I haven't been planting lately so I'm up to 11.5 million. My suggestion to earning more coins is get your dragons to epic level. Since I did most of mine, I earn coins like no other. I get notices to clear my habs every half hour.

linus664
12-14-12, 03:20 PM
😳
You're at level 85 and can't stockpile coins??? I am only at level 59. If you have enough room for your habitats (all 30) plus maybe two plots for the new buildings coming, STOP expanding and clearing, and stockpile coins for awhile.

I am at max habitats, and I try to check back as often as possible. Its farming that ****s me on coin, I plant all diamondates because of the feed required to get all to epic. It's frustrating to biluild up my coin stockpile and watch it vanish to food. For the time being I have room for everything I need, so expansions are stopping till I get diamond.

kwhales
12-15-12, 10:02 AM
FYI for all those players out there who seem not to be able to gather enough coins to expand, clear and feed their dragons.....My daughter is at level 28...only and has over 1 million in coins....she expands, clears and feed (well mostly its me who expands and clears for her). So it is possible to do everything and still have coins to spare. Oh and she doesn't collect coins that often either. I really don't know how she got so many coins, but, she did.
So you can too. Just be patient.

pussy_69
06-09-13, 05:06 PM

I am at max habitats, and I try to check back as often as possible. Its farming that ****s me on coin, I plant all diamondates because of the feed required to get all to epic. It's frustrating to biluild up my coin stockpile and watch it vanish to food. For the time being I have room for everything I need, so expansions are stopping till I get diamond.

The best food to plant is not the most expensive one, it's much better to plant the pumpwings as those eat up the least amount of money over time while still giving good return on food.

deamon506
06-09-13, 06:38 PM
I when I'm saving money, I use pumpwings and eliteleeks because try don't use up a lot of money but still give a good bit of food and time to continue saving.

kalika8998
08-21-13, 10:06 PM
Do this order to expand throughout the game: First, the northern island (the island at the top of the main island). Next, the Dawn Tree (to an obvious island below the main island). Then, to the northeast island (the one next to the northern island). Later, the northsouthern island (the one below the northeast). And finally, the remaining island is the final island (the remaining island, another island that is found in the south of the main island, at the east of the Dawn Tree, and the west of the northsouthern island). :add kalika8998:

DweebGirl
08-22-13, 12:41 PM
😳

If you plant Upgrapes insteads of diamondates you get 900 food in 1 1/2 hrs for 72,000 coins instead of 700 in 5hrs for 75,000 coins. It's what i do when I want to level up my dragons quickly and beforebefore I go to bed I plant eliteeks.

lunarbunny
08-22-13, 12:50 PM
If you plant Upgrapes insteads of diamondates you get 900 food in 1 1/2 hrs for 72,000 coins instead of 700 in 5hrs for 75,000 coins. It's what i do when I want to level up my dragons quickly and beforebefore I go to bed I plant eliteeks.

Ha! I do the same thing:o I plant tons of upgrapes! Sometimes though I plant the rushrooms if I know Ill be too busy to check crops. But here lately dragons have been on a lil diet lol. Those arctic dragons are hogging it all! I really hate being broke too so Im in no hurry to plant like crazy!

lollipop_rp
08-22-13, 03:12 PM
FYI for all those players out there who seem not to be able to gather enough coins to expand, clear and feed their dragons.....My daughter is at level 28...only and has over 1 million in coins....she expands, clears and feed (well mostly its me who expands and clears for her). So it is possible to do everything and still have coins to spare. Oh and she doesn't collect coins that often either. I really don't know how she got so many coins, but, she did.
So you can too. Just be patient.
Well, she does have a nice collection of rares and super rares
She got Titan trying for charm lol :)

kalika8998
08-25-13, 10:46 AM
Northsouthern? I mean Southeast Island! :p

kalika8998
08-25-13, 10:54 AM
I got a boulder on the lower island (one space up, one soace right from the Tree of Dawn) that cost 990,000 to clear xD le ouch!!
That is extremely expensive! I prefer the bitter bark trees from the northern island (they cost 800k).

kalika8998
09-27-13, 05:34 PM
Question: Before expanding to the northern island, how many expansion places can you expand to? Also send me a picture.

poisonoushades
09-27-13, 05:45 PM
Ahh, I remember those days...I just cleared my last expansion this morning. I am on Android and just realized I have nothing left to do but breed :( After a while, expansions don't seem so expensive when you have nothing else to spend coins on.

dalexxx
09-27-13, 11:28 PM
completed my expansion weeks ago too. got nowhere to expand. just approving mm requests now ::3

babydragonbreeder
09-30-13, 10:07 AM
The expansion costs are mapped out in this thread: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?46366-Best-expansions-for-your-silver

A couple Google docs:
One: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apkj7Zzle-2cdEZhYTJuSHZMVVo3a2JVMC0zWWt3VUE#gid=0
Two: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvDtrBlRhodwdGRsblo3OWNoemNMZ182ZkhGZ09HR EE#gid=0

kooky panda
09-30-13, 10:27 AM
Thank you Babydragon, I was looking for this expansion thread earlier!

Check out the thread Babydragon shows !