PDA

View Full Version : Shame on you TL

snake073
10-26-12, 01:44 AM
I bought and used gold to speed up breeding so I could get a witch dragon. Now it's back!!!
Sorry TL I love this game and will still play it but you will NEVER get any more money from me for gold. What you have done could be investigated by trading standards if you were based it the UK. You basically have enticed people to buy gold, for a "limited time only dragon" which had a countdown timer giving the amount of time it was available, only to bring it back two weeks later. Please be honest, you didn't bring it back because people asked for it, as we have asked for many things on this forum and you have not listened before. You brought it back because you knew people would buy more gold to make sure they got it.
What is the point of having a limited time dragon if you just keep brining if back until everyone has it. What's limited about that.
Shame on you TL you have lost me as a gold buying customer on all of your games.

sibl
10-26-12, 02:26 AM
Not only this, i noticed an increase on prices in all TL games. 24 gems now for € 4,49 instead 3,99€ Unbelievable!!

10-26-12, 02:34 AM
EXACTLY. TL knew at the first place even before putting it limited that people would complain about being a too short time. Then, use it as an excuse to put the dragons back up into the market. I bet they were going to put it up 2 weeks later even before it was out. They got tons of money of course from the limited, but now they've lost multiple costumers. THEY PLANNED THIS. SHAME ON TL.

suriasen
10-26-12, 06:38 AM
TL makes many good games for free. Everybody can make a good island even without buying gold.
You should be thankful for that. Actually they need money to fund the company, so they sell gold, but No one force you to buy golds or speeding up things. its your own choice. end of story

sweetstuff525
10-26-12, 06:49 AM
TL makes many good games for free. Everybody can make a good island even without buying gold.
You should be thankful for that. Actually they need money to fund the company, so they sell gold, but No one force you to buy golds or speeding up things. its your own choice. end of story

Agree ... Plus I'm happy since many didn't get them... And now they could. I didn't get the witch but I got pumpkin

Some last time even bought gold and still didn't get them .. Plus they aren't here to stay only 11 days I think

snake073
10-26-12, 06:52 AM
I haven't complained about buying gold. I complained about buying gold for a limited time offer which was not a limited time offer. Trade descriptions act springs to mind. I have spent a LOT of money buying gold for both myself and my son over many different games. But buying gold under false pretences for a dragon which was advertised as only being available for a limited time only to find out that it is not is wrong and TL should refund people.

Horntail21
10-26-12, 07:12 AM
I haven't complained about buying gold. I complained about buying gold for a limited time offer which was not a limited time offer. Trade descriptions act springs to mind. I have spent a LOT of money buying gold for both myself and my son over many different games. But buying gold under false pretences for a dragon which was advertised as only being available for a limited time only to find out that it is not is wrong and TL should refund people.

100% Agree and I didn't buy gold.

Horntail21
10-26-12, 07:19 AM
Unfortunately this happens a lot in the US. Some business will do a "Limited Time Offer!!!" and right before it ends or a week after it ends its "Due to increased demand we're bringing it back!!!". If not illegal it's shady at best. Bad business IMO.

sweetstuff525
10-26-12, 07:29 AM
Snake I understand your point of view... But tl games are full of surprises just look at yesterday's bakery update... The seance table was a box item last year 24 gems gamble but this year they made it available for COINS 80,000. So that makes it unfair to those who wasted 24 gems plus to open box

(And don't want to start the whole goggle play promo which gave box items free)

swanhenge
10-26-12, 07:31 AM
This post was due and I agree 101%.
All these gaming companies use this move and they do it with a straight face. "LOOK EVERYONE, we listened!! You want it back?!? Here it is!!!!"

*shrug*

Works every time.

Takiofallen
10-26-12, 07:35 AM
this is why i don't buy gold. Fact is out of the 4 LE i will be one of the only people not able to breed one while others will breed all 4. I learned after i used all my saved gold on the witch. it is what it is but i can understand why those people who spent money on gold and didnt get the witch or pumpkin would be upset. At the end of the day it's an easy fix for TL those who spent might "happen" to get it this week. Not to upset anyone fact is if you we able to breed the witch or pumpkin you would not be as upset.

Horntail21
10-26-12, 07:54 AM
That's the thing. They are probably covered because the dragons can be bred for free through trail and error. What they did wrong was take advantage of people's desire to have a limited edition dragon that was advertised as only being available for 3 or 4 days. IDK if they wanted it fair and for these dragons to be truly rare, they could make them breed only dragons. There are no truly rare dragons in this game if you can pay money to get a guaranteed result, but then there would be no business for TL.

Lolas_Kryptonite
10-26-12, 07:54 AM
Fact is out of the 4 LE i will be one of the only people not able to breed one while others will breed all 4..

You & me both! I seem to have the worse luck when it comes to breeding anything that's not common or that I don't already have.
: (

Takiofallen
10-26-12, 08:08 AM
This is true because you just can buy it. It is OFFICIAL i truly know what the dragons common/rare titles mean. It's simply how much it cost not how rare it is.
That's the thing. They are probably covered because the dragons can be bred for free through trail and error. What they did wrong was take advantage of people's desire to have a limited edition dragon that was advertised as only being available for 3 or 4 days. IDK if they wanted it fair and for these dragons to be truly rare, they could make them breed only dragons. There are no truly rare dragons in this game if you can pay money to get a guaranteed result, but then there would be no business for TL.

jl0408
10-26-12, 08:23 AM
Here's the thing. No one was forced to buy gold or use their saved gold. It wasn't even a gem trap like in some other games. If you did, it was YOUR CHOICE. It was your own impatience that made you use your own money and buy the witch or pumpkin or whatever dragon. I'm also someone who wasn't successful at breeding either of them. And I did use gold a few time to speed up. It was MY CHOICE to do. How does anyone have the nerve or right to complain about buying something they weren't forced or required to buy in the first place?

Takiofallen
10-26-12, 08:39 AM
Obviously no was forced to buy gold. My point in using my saved gold (which i save gold to use it when i want to) is no matter how much gold you use nothing is guaranteed so why would i buy gold. People are upset because TL used a sale technique called " Fear Of Loss" people believed they would never get a chance at it again and because they feared loosing the opportunity they made a decision that they would not of normally made. Is it's TL's fault no but people don't like to feel taken advantage of and thats how they feel.
Here's the thing. No one was forced to buy gold or use their saved gold. It wasn't even a gem trap like in some other games. If you did, it was YOUR CHOICE. It was your own impatience that made you use your own money and buy the witch or pumpkin or whatever dragon. I'm also someone who wasn't successful at breeding either of them. And I did use gold a few time to speed up. It was MY CHOICE to do. How does anyone have the nerve or right to complain about buying something they weren't forced or required to buy in the first place?

grondai
10-26-12, 08:57 AM
I would agree with you but I don't for only one reason. I started a post about this because it was really unfair. A lot of people did not have a pop up stating that the witch dragon was only a limited time offer. I was one of those people and I would have spent money to get it

Horntail21
10-26-12, 09:33 AM
How does anyone have the nerve or right to complain about buying something they weren't forced or required to buy in the first place?

I have the right to complain because its a free country. I have the nerve cause I'll call shady business schemes shady business schemes when I see them employed. Yeah, no one was forced to buy gold. That's not the point.

[S8] Elsa
10-26-12, 10:08 AM
EXACTLY. TL knew at the first place even before putting it limited that people would complain about being a too short time. Then, use it as an excuse to put the dragons back up into the market. I bet they were going to put it up 2 weeks later even before it was out. They got tons of money of course from the limited, but now they've lost multiple costumers. THEY PLANNED THIS. SHAME ON TL.

Thank you for your feedback. We'll pass on the feedback to the team that some users would prefer that limited items remain removed from the game after those opportunities have expired. ^_^

coolgamegirl27
10-26-12, 10:40 AM
Lol. You cant please all of the people all of the time, Pony Roar. Maybe a little compromise is called for... How-about making them limited for 2 weeks instead? This would give the non-gold buyers a fair chance at getting one. Putting on a 4 day time limit, when the fail time is 21-18 hours was a little ridiculous.

foxxiegirl
10-26-12, 11:18 AM
I'm on the fence about this myself. I mean I knew they would bring the limited Dragon (Witch) because some ppl never had timers and it was an uproar over it. So clearly it is only fair that the item be brought back to correct this issue. However this didn't just happen with the Witch they also brought the 2nd Dragon back.....what's the point of that?.. This one had the timer on the goal so we all knew it! It's a bit of a slap in the face to those that went deep pocketed it buy this item. I personally would've bought gold anyway and I got it pretty quick I guess but again. For those that didn't and then when the timer was near up bought the Dragon....Slap in the face to have it offered again a few days later with a new timer of a week and a half.

sweetstuff525
10-26-12, 11:27 AM
Look at it this way many didn't get witch or pumpkin so now they have to get 4 dragons in 11 days.... Most won't get them ....
I have pumpkin and got zombie first try.... Now I gotta try for witch and boo

xeyda
10-26-12, 12:09 PM
I have been playing this game for about two months now.

A few hours before the end of the last day that the pumpkin dragon was available, I bought a lot of gold ($60 USD) to speed breed, to get one (I had totally missed the witch, no timer, no clue it was not going to stick around). I went through nine firestorm dragons, three eagles and a honeybee (yay, honeybee!) to get that pumpkin.

A few days after that, TL brought the pumpkin dragon, for three times the original duration. Yes, I bought gold. I made the choice to do so. I willingly and knowingly spent RL money on IC currency, to try and obtain at least one of the "limited" dragons after the witch dragon debacle. I am not ignorant or blind to the practice of an 'optional money for nothing tangible' business; this is not my first time playing a game of this nature.

I grit my teeth at my frustration with this shady, but perfectly legal and even perfectly understandable (from a purely business point of view) tactic, and have been trying to get a zombie dragon. I am so far up to eight poisons and a familiar. After being bitten last week, I will not be purchasing any more gold - frankly, no matter how cute those pixels are, they are not worth the money, and, TL will just bring them back again shortly after they disappear anyway, right?

I spent RL money for nothing more than an opportunity, only to have a greater opportunity appear a few days later. Entirely my choice, as it is to play this silly game in the first place, but that does not mean I am not disenfranchised with the producers for the underhanded treatment in the first place.

sourlicorice5
10-26-12, 12:18 PM
I'm on the fence about this myself. I mean I knew they would bring the limited Dragon (Witch) because some ppl never had timers and it was an uproar over it. So clearly it is only fair that the item be brought back to correct this issue. However this didn't just happen with the Witch they also brought the 2nd Dragon back.....what's the point of that?.. This one had the timer on the goal so we all knew it! It's a bit of a slap in the face to those that went deep pocketed it buy this item. I personally would've bought gold anyway and I got it pretty quick I guess but again. For those that didn't and then when the timer was near up bought the Dragon....Slap in the face to have it offered again a few days later with a new timer of a week and a half.

I had the timer for the witch but when the pumpkin came out I had no timer for it. That could be why they brought both back. Personally I'm glad so I have a chance to get them. Though I certainly understand the OP feelings on it.

shakiba
10-26-12, 12:25 PM
This topic has 2 sides on it.

Firstly, it's your choice and fault for buying or spending gold for the limited dragons. It's not mandatory to buy it, speed it or whatever. It's also good for those who haven't had the luck with the limited offer dragons. On the other hand, it did mention "limited" and I do agree that bringing back something doesn't mean limited at all. I think they should've just made all these dragons available now, and should've brought decor or something else before, or vice versa.

foxxiegirl
10-26-12, 01:28 PM
I don't believe anybody here is saying we didn't want to buy gold or that we got forced( i even said i would've anyway)....and i know the law so i get it was all perfectly legal. My personal point is this.....as said before.
The way it was done was a slap in the face to some. It wasn't to me since i saw it coming a MILE away lol but i do 100% Understand why some ppl are upset.

klaineisland
10-26-12, 01:38 PM
I don't have money to spend on gold, so I just want to say I appreciate having a longer and extended time to try and breed the Halloween dragons, especially with such long breeding and hatching times.

hwtmg59
10-26-12, 01:42 PM
I have a weird prediction, hear me out, Facebook games have don't this in the past, "limited edition" items will come back next year, that way they don't have to design a new item, just bring back the old one, and there will be lots of new players who never even heard of or saw the witch or pumpkin dragon

grondai
10-26-12, 01:51 PM
Idk why people are complaining... Is it because you don't want other people with the limited time dragons so your island looks that much better? The argument saying that you didn't have to buy the gold in the first place isn't a good argument at all. I believe this is the first limited time dragons and TL took people's input into consideration because of the lack of experience on this issue. I garentee this will never happen again. You guys look at this as a market scandal but almost if not all gold buyers bought the limited time dragon the first round. They most likely didn't make much off the pumpkin and witch dragon this time around. Except from unknowing players like me

dragonolic
10-26-12, 01:54 PM
I don't believe anybody here is saying we didn't want to buy gold or that we got forced( i even said i would've anyway)....and i know the law so i get it was all perfectly legal. My personal point is this.....as said before.
The way it was done was a slap in the face to some. It wasn't to me since i saw it coming a MILE away lol but i do 100% Understand why some ppl are upset.

agree. i didnt bother to try and get any of them, but i can understand why people think it's poopy. no one is saying it's the worst thing ever omg. but it was misleading.

Takiofallen
10-26-12, 02:18 PM
Truth is no matter what TL decided to do they could not make EVERYONE happy. I think the best way they could have went about things was buy only bringing back the witch dragon because that is the only one they screwed up on. They fixed the countdown clock by making it a goal and they extended the time we have to breed so they did listen.

Takiofallen
10-26-12, 02:19 PM
by not buy

mattyboo1
10-26-12, 02:21 PM
I have a very nice island without ever buying gold it is possible to have a nice place without gold but we did the witch dragon back

snake073
10-26-12, 02:23 PM
Buying the gold to either purchase the limited edition dragons or speed up the breeding process ( which is what I did) is not the issue. It's the fact that it was supposed to be limited. Bringing it back out is the issue. If people didn't get it first time round then they were destined not to get it anyway wether they knew it was limited or not. And although it may be legal in the US it certainly is not in the UK. Once they reissued it it was no longer limited and therefore means that any money spent on getting the limited edition dragons was gained by deception. Sorry to sound harsh but that's the fact of the matter. I think TL will actually lose more than they gain from this as no sensible person will now buy gold for these rereleased dragons as they know they are not really limited and they will lose many gold buying customers like me. I have probably spent the best part of ?300 on many of the TL games. NO MORE!!!!!!!

10-26-12, 05:38 PM
TL, limited means "limited" right? There shouldn't be another chance. I didn't get witch nor the pumpkin and I barely buy gold, but I can feel how bad it is for those people who spent so much money to breed those "limited" dragons only to be brought back again. I'm not sure if other companies do this too but I'm not sure if that was a good choice.

Assamii
10-26-12, 11:58 PM
Yes, bringing back the limited offer dragons was a bad thing to those who bought gold before trying to get em before the limited offers ends. But on the other hand, it was a great thing for those who don't buy gold n just keep trying and trying to get em by breeding without using or buying gold. Cause that gave em a chance now to get em by trying again without a limited time that stops their chances to get these lovely dragons. So just try not to ruin it please! I don't say that you don't have the right to be mad at what happened and the money you spent, but let's just enjoy the game. Cause just now TL returned this "limited time offers" thingy! And that's cause of some ppl complains I guess.. Shame on whom now? Just try to be better than the others. Good luck all in getting the new dragons! :)

Lolas_Kryptonite
10-27-12, 12:55 AM
This thread amazes me.

We complained when it was LE before because some of us didn't get that timer, some of us chose to buy gold to speed up process & buy what we thought was gonna be LE. We then demanded for a countdown clock, so they gave us the pumpkin (i think that was the 2nd?) as a goal so everyone knew when it was due to expire.

We then demanded that they bring back the LE's because of how unfair it was that some of us didn't get a timer & the timer was too short. And what do TL do?
THEY BRING BACK THE LE DRAGONS, and what do we do? COMPLAIN SOME MORE.

None of us on here are psychic? but please correct me if I'm wrong. So whether or not TL had planned all along to bring back the LE's we will never know. Had we been psychic.... we wouldn't have purchased gold to buy that cute witch & interesting looking pumpkin thing because we would have known they were all gonna just come back for 11 days anyway.

TL will never be able to please everyone, but if you think about it for one split second.... they did actually listen/read to what we said.
I think every point, area of complaining & whinging has been covered now?

So please for the love of dragons, someone lock this thread.

Nefertekas
10-27-12, 02:28 AM
I agree that what TL did was shameful, reproachful, despicable, and downright disrespectful. I myself spent quite an ammount of gold speeding up the breedings, trying one more chance for witch or pumpkin. Got nothin'. I didn't buy gold and never will (don't think TL deserves it, plus it's a huge risk what with not having any failsafes and the game being full of little gold traps) , but I did feel like I wasted gold in vain. It wasn't easy to accumulate the gold, lemme tell ya that. But still...
I didn't get the LE's and had I not come to the forum, I would not know of (at least the witche's) time limit. It was not fair at all.

I'm glad that I get another chance at them, through I do feel like after several attempts already, I won't be getting tem any way. Like it's my fate, lol, just like I haven't gotten ONE seabreeze, or ONE wizard, or ONE Titan... And instead have had seven scorpions (two of them trying for pumpkin), two planets, and such. The game seems predetermined for certain dragons, I would think...

This thread amazes me.

We complained when it was LE before because some of us didn't get that timer, some of us chose to buy gold to speed up process & buy what we thought was gonna be LE. We then demanded for a countdown clock, so they gave us the pumpkin (i think that was the 2nd?) as a goal so everyone knew when it was due to expire.

We then demanded that they bring back the LE's because of how unfair it was that some of us didn't get a timer & the timer was too short. And what do TL do?
THEY BRING BACK THE LE DRAGONS, and what do we do? COMPLAIN SOME MORE.

None of us on here are psychic? but please correct me if I'm wrong. So whether or not TL had planned all along to bring back the LE's we will never know. Had we been psychic.... we wouldn't have purchased gold to buy that cute witch & interesting looking pumpkin thing because we would have known they were all gonna just come back for 11 days anyway.

TL will never be able to please everyone, but if you think about it for one split second.... they did actually listen/read to what we said.
I think every point, area of complaining & whinging has been covered now?

So please for the love of dragons, someone lock this thread.

fairyseaview
10-27-12, 04:03 PM
The way I see it is that the dragons before were advertised as limited, they brought them back, and they're STILL limited, just for a bit longer. So those who paid gold haven't missed out, because it's not as if you can continue getting the pumpkin/witch forever. It's still limited.

Bringing them back was a nice thing to do. TL didn't force anyone to spend any gold.

kwhales
10-27-12, 04:41 PM
The way I see it is that the dragons before were advertised as limited, they brought them back, and they're STILL limited, just for a bit longer. So those who paid gold haven't missed out, because it's not as if you can continue getting the pumpkin/witch forever. It's still limited.

Bringing them back was a nice thing to do. TL didn't force anyone to spend any gold.

and, there is still no guarantee you will get any of them. so buying them was not in vain. If TL would have made it ultra easy to get the LE's this time aound, then you would have something to complain about. But it is just as hard, and THERE IS STILL NO GUARANTEE YOU WILL GET ONE.

Mlb3116
10-27-12, 06:03 PM
the dragons before were advertised as limited, they brought them back, and they're STILL limited, just for a bit longer.

I agree with this, they are still limited, and just like other limited items in other tl games they will probably be back again next year. Anyone who spent gold spent it cause they wanted to and its not like anyone is even guaranteed to get them this time around so its really a mute point. Its not like they brought them back to be purchased for coins!! People just want something to complain about!

Takiofallen
10-27-12, 10:30 PM
yeah because while i'm reading about people who have bred them in 1 try and others who didn't even know they were around and got one i still have nothing. I pissed TL of some how.
and, there is still no guarantee you will get any of them. so buying them was not in vain. If TL would have made it ultra easy to get the LE's this time aound, then you would have something to complain about. But it is just as hard, and THERE IS STILL NO GUARANTEE YOU WILL GET ONE.

Assamii
10-27-12, 11:43 PM
Indeed, LIMITED TIME dragons is a bad idea! -.-'

snake073
10-28-12, 04:21 AM
[QUOTE=fairyseaview;438251]The way I see it is that the dragons before were advertised as limited, they brought them back, and they're STILL limited, just for a bit longer. So those who paid gold haven't missed out, because it's not as if you can continue getting the pumpkin/witch forever. It's still limited.
By your reasoning then TL can rerelease these dragons every other week as long as they only limit the time they are available in that particular rerelease.
Why do people have such a problem understanding the issue here. It's NOT the fact we CHOSE to spend money on gold!!!!
It's the fact that a limited edition was released and then rereleased no longer making it a limited edition.
If you went and spent 40,000 thousand on a new limited edition car only available for 1 week. No one is forcing you to buy that car. You choose to because the fact that it is limited and there will not be many around makes it appealing to you. 2 weeks later they rerelease it again for 2 weeks this time. Please don't tell me that if you bought that car you would not be very angry!! This is exactly the same situation except on a much smaller scale!! Still doesn't make it right though.

Nefertekas
10-28-12, 04:33 AM
[QUOTE=fairyseaview;438251]The way I see it is that the dragons before were advertised as limited, they brought them back, and they're STILL limited, just for a bit longer. So those who paid gold haven't missed out, because it's not as if you can continue getting the pumpkin/witch forever. It's still limited.
By your reasoning then TL can rerelease these dragons every other week as long as they only limit the time they are available in that particular rerelease.
Why do people have such a problem understanding the issue here. It's NOT the fact we CHOSE to spend money on gold!!!!
It's the fact that a limited edition was released and then rereleased no longer making it a limited edition.
If you went and spent 40,000 thousand on a new limited edition car only available for 1 week. No one is forcing you to buy that car. You choose to because the fact that it is limited and there will not be many around makes it appealing to you. 2 weeks later they rerelease it again for 2 weeks this time. Please don't tell me that if you bought that car you would not be very angry!! This is exactly the same situation except on a much smaller scale!! Still doesn't make it right though.

Precisely. The fact here is that whoever spent gold on those Limited editions, spent it under the condition of them being available for that short period of time only, and then unattainable. People tried hard for them because they believed they would not get another shot, which in the end has turned out not to be true. People acted based on a certain fact, which now proves not to be accurate.

Isla03
10-28-12, 06:16 AM
I don't bother with the LE dragons,I am trying to breed a gold dragon at the moment.. 24 tries and counting! But I see snakes point completely. Limited Edition means something is limited to a number of editions or a time frame. Had TL brought out an entirely different looking dragon and called it a different name to replace the Witch Dragon then it would not have been a LE dragon and this thread would not have started.

kwhales
10-28-12, 06:30 AM
I'm playing the devils advocate here-----ok so TL brought back the witch and pumpkin (yay by the way). and people already spent gold to get one or both from 'the shop'. Now we get to try to get them again through breeding. There is still no guarantee we will get them.

You can't tell me that these people who spent gold the first time around, would not spend it this time to purchase a dragon if this time fails too. Sure they have more time to get them, but all I am reading about is people getting the zombie and boo--no one (I thnk) has written that they got the witch or pumpkin. So these two still seem to be really really hard to get. Gold would still be used by these same people this time around.

Nefertekas
10-28-12, 08:24 AM
I'm playing the devils advocate here-----ok so TL brought back the witch and pumpkin (yay by the way). and people already spent gold to get one or both from 'the shop'. Now we get to try to get them again through breeding. There is still no guarantee we will get them.

You can't tell me that these people who spent gold the first time around, would not spend it this time to purchase a dragon if this time fails too. Sure they have more time to get them, but all I am reading about is people getting the zombie and boo--no one (I thnk) has written that they got the witch or pumpkin. So these two still seem to be really really hard to get. Gold would still be used by these same people this time around.

Personally i'm glad I get to try again :D yipee! But had I known, I would not have wasted my gold ;__;
But that's why they did it. Money splurge from gold buyers. It's clear to see why they were brought back: marketing! And it's a very low blow and really despicable to do it, but hey, I get another shot so yeah.

grondai
10-28-12, 08:59 AM
Personally i'm glad I get to try again :D yipee! But had I known, I would not have wasted my gold ;__;
But that's why they did it. Money splurge from gold buyers. It's clear to see why they were brought back: marketing! And it's a very low blow and really despicable to do it, but hey, I get another shot so yeah.

This is not a marketing scheme... I beg everyone to read all the posts on this thread. TL wasn't pulling a fast one. Gold buyers spent money for the first round of witch and pumpkin. They most likely didn't make much money off anything except boo and zombie dragon

suriasen
10-28-12, 09:28 AM

As long as the price still 40rb, no problem then. it is still limited. the price of the dragon is still the same here, and we still in the hallowen momentum, so they are still limited edition.

snake073
10-29-12, 03:27 AM
No they are not limited. I am pulling what little hair I have left out here. I can't understand how people think that rerelease ng a previously limited edition item means it is still a limited edition item. The time frame or number within the rerelease may be limited but once the witch and pumpkin were rereleased they were no longer limited dragons. Why why why is this concept so hard for so many people to understand. If you bought a limited edition piece of art work say only 100 avalible and it costs 10,000. Two weeks after the 100 pieces of art work have been sold they decide to release another 200 pieces. Is that fair, would you not be livid at what had happened. This is exactly the same situation. Witch and pumpkin were limited to just a few days availability, once they rereleased these dragons then the limited availability had gone. That is the issue. The fact that it was underhanded and made fools of all of us who spent money on gold to try to acquire these dragons.
And for the record they are not hard to get second time round. I got one first try going for a zombie. Still have the egg in my nest.

dragonolic
10-29-12, 09:18 AM
I can't get a zombie - I'm on my 4th poison waiting period.

(but I agree with you about the Limited not being Limited thing)

snake073
10-29-12, 09:51 AM
Wish every one could see it.

msvidkiller13
10-29-12, 10:29 AM
Weather limited or not as with anything if there is not enough or an demand for anything a company will bring it back one to make money and second to give what the masses want. Real or make believe world :) I am glad at least now I get a chance to get one as without the forum or friends telling me I wouldn't have known anything as not all games get the same options. :)

OrdinaryJoe
10-29-12, 10:50 AM
There's a difference between "Limited Edition" and "Limited Time Offer". These Halloween dragons are advertised as "Limited Time Offers", I believe...

OrdinaryJoe
10-29-12, 10:56 AM
There's a difference between "Limited Edition" and "Limited Time Offer". These Halloween dragons are advertised as "Limited Time Offers", I believe...

And the Halloween dragons are only available for a number of days, so they are Limited Time Offers.

snake073
10-30-12, 07:52 AM
So once you rerelease them that means they were NOT limited time offers.

Takiofallen
10-30-12, 09:40 AM
Your 100% right they are advertised as Limited Time not Limited Edition. Like some one added to there post Limited editions are numbered or have a limited number.There is no way TL could make Limited Editions dragons with out letting us know. " Only 200 players will be able to breed one" So Technically they have don't nothing wrong. Limited time simply means it won't be available forever. To put it in to perspective for people look at McDonalds the have the Mc-rib released every year at the same time and it's advertised as a Limited Time offer and again they do it EVERY YEAR so........

krisypie1
10-30-12, 10:17 AM
I'm glad they brought them back. Limited time should be the Month. I work, I don't have all day to play this game. I use gold to speed up but I won't by them outright. I breed them and let them go for awhile then when they get down lower, I use the gold. I think if they do any special dragons for Christmas, I hope it's start December 1, and ends December 31, I need the time to breed them.