PDA

View Full Version : Strategies

maguar
10-25-12, 11:45 PM
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE INFORMATION IN THIS THREAD IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED. PLEASE REFER TO THE HUB (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916) FOR CURRENT INFORMATION ON GAME GUIDES. THANKS! SPIRITWIND00 3 FEB 2015

The purpose of this thread is to outline some of the strategies that can be used within this game.

Some of the strategies combine with each other and others don?t. Choose the strategy based on what you want to get out of the game.

To start with I have broken the strategies into different areas. Each of these areas is in a separate post.

These strategies are in no way definitive. Everyone has there own style of play.

You should also check out the following threads which have a lot of useful information:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35549-Castle-Story-Reference-Guide
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35412-Castle-Story-Reference-Thread
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?37729-Castle-Story-FAQs

Quicklinks to Strategies
Resources (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?38476-Strategies&p=437088&viewfull=1#post437088)
Crafting (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?38476-Strategies&p=437089&viewfull=1#post437089)
Expanding (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?38476-Strategies&p=437091&viewfull=1#post437091)
Buildings (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?38476-Strategies&p=437092&viewfull=1#post437092)
Neighbours (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?38476-Strategies&p=437093&viewfull=1#post437093)
Energy (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?38476-Strategies&p=437098&viewfull=1#post437098)
Experience (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?38476-Strategies&p=444899&viewfull=1#post444899)
Gems (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?38476-Strategies&p=450861&viewfull=1#post450861)
Quitting Etiquette (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?38476-Strategies&p=450868&viewfull=1#post450868)
Monsters (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?38476-Strategies&p=477561&viewfull=1#post477561)

maguar
10-25-12, 11:48 PM
Resources

What are Resources?

Resources are the things you collect from harvesting crops, tending animals, tending plants, chopping trees, mining, clearing weeds, collecting from ponds/wells, defeating monsters and collecting from resource buildings. The value of resources will depend on how you want to play, what buildings you want to build, what quests you are on etc.

What are the most useful Resources?

At the moment I feel the most useful resources are: Glimmer Dust, Wood, Stone, Wheat, Coal, Earth Wisps, Water and Sap. Glimmer Dust is used in a lot of items needed to for higher level buildings. Coal is used to craft Earth Wisps which are used to craft Wisp Lanterns which are a requirement for expanding. Wood and Stone are used in buildings or to craft other materials for buildings. Wheat is needed to make the meals used to go adventuring. Water is used to make most of the potions which are used for various purposes.

Depending on where you are in the game you may find different resources are more useful.

Collecting Resources

Collecting resources takes 1 energy per action. Most actions give you 1 maybe 2 items when collecting. Resource buildings give multiple quantities with the chance of multiple items every four hours (or shorter if you've upgraded them). As they give the best resources/energy I strongly recommend that you buy them as soon as possible.

The number of resource buildings you have is determined by your level. You can currently have a max of 2 of each type (Sparkling Mine, Sawmill, Hatchery, Stable, Deep Mine and Wizard School). I would recommend building them in the following order: Sparkling Mine, Sawmill, Hatchery, Stable, Sparkling Mine, Sawmill, Hatcher, Stable. Deep Mines have pretty high material costs so there more suited for higher level players. Wizard Schools cost gems so it's up to you if you want to buy them.

The reason for getting your Sparkling Mine first is that it gives a chance of getting Stone, Coal, Iron Ore, Earth Wisps, Silver Ore and Jewels. The longer you have the mine for the more you will be able to stockpile the rarer items. The reason for getting the Sawmill second is that it produces Wood, Sap and Living Wood. I suggest getting Hatchery and Stable before getting a second Mine or Sawmill is so that you will get a stockpile of Eggs & Roast Chicken, Milk, Hide, Wool & Bacon.

In addition to the resource buildings, you should have some of the mushroom items (Mushroom Patch, Mushroom Circle, Red Mushroom Circle) that you regularly collect from. Once they're placed you can collect from them every couple of minutes. They give Mushrooms and sometimes give Glimmer Dust. They are the cheapest way to get Glimmer Dust. If you are at the level to get Red Mushroom Circles do so as they provide the best drops. They seem to drop a little more frequently and have a chance of dropping 2. If you have fluttermush rings they can also drop Glimmerdust. The added benefit is that if they trigger a monster it will be a lovecupine and not a troll.

If the Sawmills aren't providing you with enough Sap (as you've got a lot of things to craft for buildings or are needed for quests) you will need to chop trees. All trees except Dead Trees provide Sap. The Sap drop rate for all trees is equal. Tree logs are also a source of sap.

If the Sawmills aren't providing you with enough wood you can chop trees, Dead Trees, Plant In A Log, Old Log and Tree Log. Trees need to be tended so they grow to full size before you can chop them. Dead Trees, Plant In A Log and Tree Log don't have to be tended first. They're more expensive but more energy efficient. As an added bonus they also have a chance of dropping Glimmerdust.

If your mines aren't providing you with enough Stone, Iron Ore etc you can mine rocks.

If you have chopped all of your trees or mined all of your rocks you can purchase more from the Nature section of the Market.

Some of the goals require you to collect or have a certain about of particular items. Check the links in the first post to see which goals. If you know these items ahead of time you can start to stockpile them before you get the goal.

Clearing Weeds/Trees/Rocks

Clearing Weeds/trees/rocks gives you resources depending on what you are clearing. Each of these items need to be tapped a certain number of times before they are cleared (you see the number when you tap on them). I look at the size of the item and the number of taps needed to clear it to work out what is the best use of my energy. Eg Rock Outcroppings take 20 taps to clear but they take up 4 squares. Rich Iron Ore Piles take 8 taps to clear but only take up 1 square. So it would take me more energy to clear 4 Rich Iron Ore Piles than it would to clear 1 Rock Outcropping.

Crops

Wheat is important as it is used in a number of recipes. Other crops are less important in terms of recipes. They can be important if you have quests requiring. They can also be important as a good source of income. Carrots take a day to mature but they give you a profit of $440.

Maximum Resources

You can have a maximum of 99 of each type of resource. Once you reach this you will get a small $ amount instead of the resource.

If I'm at the max for an item, I will try to use it in a crafting recipe to bring my amount down. This will allow me to keep collecting the resource. See the Crafting section for more information.

maguar
10-25-12, 11:50 PM
Crafting

What is Crafting?

Crafting is the act of turning Resources into other materials.

Where is Crafting done?

Crafting is done in the various crafting buildings: Workshop, Potion Shop, Kitchen, Magic Forge, Love Shack and Tinkers Camp. The Royal Exchange can be considered a defacto crafting building. The Love Shack was only available for purchase during the 2013 Valentines Event.

Why are some of these buildings locked?

The Workshop, Potion Shop and Tinkers Camp are locked by goals. After you expand to the Goat Man (Old Thomas), you will get the goal that unlocks the Workshop. You will unlock the Potion Shop when you expand to the Tree Lady (Ivy). The Tinkers Camp is unlocked through the Royal Exchange.

The Kitchen will become available from Level 10. The Magic Forge will be available from Level 15.

How do I work out what I should Craft?

These will depend on what you want to build, where you want to expand, what quests you have, what Resources you have, which craft buildings are in use and how much time you have.

To Expand

In order to expand you need Wisp Lanterns. These are made in the Workshop using Earth Wisps. As they take four hours to craft you should do these at night when you are sleeping or during the day when you are at work/school and cannot play.

The Earth Wisps for Wisp Lanterns can also be crafted in the Workshop. They take an hour which makes them good for after work/school as you can get a couple done before bed.

Follow these quests to unlock the recipes:

These are the quests that you need to do before you can expand (to the tree lady etc):

Search the South East
A Cursed Scholar
Book Bound
The Cover
The Lost Pages
Book of Spells
The Royal Scholar
The Royal Tower
A View to the North
Finding Earth Wisps
Help with Earth Wisps
Shedding Light

Buildings

If you know what items are used for the building you want you can craft that. If you are not currently building anything you can take the opportunity to start stockpiling some of the common items: Wood Beam, Stone Block, Fancy Beam, Fancy Block, Simple Glue, Super Glue, Builder's Paste etc.

What Resources you Have

If you have reached the maximum number for a particular resource it's a good idea to craft something that uses the item (particularly items that are needed for buildings/quests etc). Eg if you are maxed for Stone craft Stone Blocks or Fancy Blocks. This allows you to start stockpiling those items while freeing you up to collect more Resources.

Time

It's generally best to craft items that take longer at night before you go to bed or in the morning before you go to work/school. You don't want to craft an item that takes 10 minutes when you could have crafted something that takes 4 hours.

You don't want to craft items that take a long time if you plan on playing for awhile. Eg if you plan on playing for 2 hours craft items that take less than this.

Royal Exchange
To unlock the Golden Trade you will need to complete the quest the baron gives you after collecting from sir piggles.

To unlock the dessert trade you need to craft a dessert like apple pie, orange cobbler or lemonade and then pay to establish the trade.

To unlock trade with Bella Donna you need to collect from Ivy's hut and then pay to establish the trade.

The fruit trade can be upgraded twice. The first upgrade occurs when you get a glimmerbulb (from harvesting, Magic Garden or Purple Cow). The second is by getting a magic fruit from the Magic Garden. Each upgrade requires more ingridents, takes longer and gives more energy as a reward.

The monster trade can be upgraded once. After you've done a few and fought a troll it will upgrade. It takes more ingridents, more time but gives more money.

All trades (including upgraded ones) give one trade ticket. When you upgrade you get a bonus one off reward of 5 tickets.

maguar
10-25-12, 11:52 PM
Expanding

What is needed to Expand?

Most expansions require: money, Wisp Lanterns and Royal Points. Some also require expansion permits (from the Tinkers Camp). Some quest related expansions have additional requirements (eg Troll Pit needs Excalibam and Forgotten Roost needs Jewelled Talon).

How do I get these?

Money can be earnt by collecting from buildings, collecting from animals/wells/ponds, collecting when maxed for a resource, Monster taxes in the Royal Exchange and from the daily bonus.

Wisp Lanterns are crafted in the Workshop. See the section in Crafting.

Royal Points are earnt by building Royal Buildings and from some special buildings such as the Tablet of Tabernum, Magic Garden, Troll Pit and Sabina's House. For more information please see the Building section.

How do I decide where to expand?

There are a couple of things to consider when deciding where to expand: will it unlock something, will it get me closer to something to unlock and how much it costs.

Unlocking Things

Your first expansion should be to the Goat Man (Old Thomas) as he is needed to unlock some goals and the Workshop.

You should aim to expand to the Tree Lady (Ivy) as quickly as possible as she unlocks the Potion Shop. The Potion Shop is very important as most of the buildings require Glues and Pastes to build.

The Magic Garden (the garden with a rainbow above it) is a good place to expand to. After you unlock it you will get items when you collect from it. These include things like Magic Fruit, Glimmerdust, Living Wood, Faerie in a Jar, Mysterious Venom and Eggs. There is also a chance that you will start a quest line. When you have finished this quest line the reward is a Purple Cow. This purple cow can drop purple things like Purple Petals, Purple Dye, Purple Hide and rarely Gems.

When you expand to the Tablet of Tabernum you will need to complete some goals to unlock it. Once it is unlocked and you start collecting from it there is a very rare chance that it will drop a Knowledge Shard. These shards are the triggers for certain quests which have great rewards.

Expanding to Thurston (the guy in his boxers) and Sabina (the hairy princess) will unlock new quest lines.

Costs

Each expansion costs different amounts. Don't do an expansive expansion (unless it's to unlock something) when you can do a cheaper one instead.

Additional Tips

Don't press the button to use your Wisp Lanterns until you have all the items needed to expand there. If you make a mistake and use the Lanterns on the wrong square you cannot get them back.

maguar
10-25-12, 11:54 PM
Buildings

General Info

Town, Royal and Resource buildings can be helped by neighbours (see Neighbours). They also give experience and an extra 20% income when you collect from them.

In addition to the points above, Town and Royal buildings provide income.

Royal buildings are needed to expand (see Expanding).

Resource buildings provide Resources (see Resources).

Craft buildings allow items to be crafted (see Crafting).

Town Buildings

Farmhouses give $70 per collection (more if sparkled - see Neighbours for more info). While this may seem a small amount, the fact that they only take 10 minutes means that they are still the best income source in the game. As there is a limit on the energy (see Energy section) you can use, you will need to take this into account when deciding how many Farms you want. Basically you can clear 3 Farms every 10 minutes.

The other town houses take longer to collect from but give more income.

Royal Buildings

Watchtowers and Lantern Spires provide the best Royal Points/cost of all the Royal Buildings. When you are at lower levels you will be building these in order to expand. As you level up you will need to start building the other Royal buildings in order to get enough points to expand.

Keeps are a special type of Royal building. You can only have one so choose the design that you like the best. Once your Keep has been built you can send your knights on adventures. When they return they bring money and items. These items can include Wood, Stone, Bones, Simple Glue, Fancy Blocks, Gems, Pigs, Gem Trees & Animals etc. There is also a chance that they will bring you some energy.

Note: If you build one keep and decide you wanted the other, you can sell your keep (if there is no adventure in place) and buy the other one. You will not get back the materials you used to construct it though.

Resources

As mentioned in the Resources section these are great investments. In particular you want to invest in a Sparkling Mine and Sawmill as quickly as possible. The number you can have is limited by your level. You can have a max of two of each type.

Crafting

As mentioned in the Crafting section you will want to get the Workshop and Potion Shop as quickly as possible as these are needed to craft items for most buildings. The number you can have is limited by your level. You can have a max of two of each type except Love Shacks and Royal Exchanges which are limited to one.

Why can't I build more buildings?

The amount you can build depends on the type and your level. If you go to buy a building from the Market and it tells you to Level up you can either wait until you reach a level that allows you to build more or you can sell one of the buildings that match the type. Eg if you want to build the Library you may need to sell another Royal building like a Watchtower.

You can have a maximum of two of each of the Resource and Crafting buildings.

Upgrading Buildings

You can upgrade Town, Royal (not keeps) and Resource buildings. Upgrading requires materials and money. Upgrading Town buildings increases the rent. Upgrading Royal buildings increases the rent and royal points. Upgrading Resource buildings decreases collection time.

maguar
10-25-12, 11:56 PM
Neighbours

What are neighbours used for?

Bonuses

When you visit neighbours for the first time each game day you get a bonus. This can be $5 or 1 xp. At low levels this is very useful in leveling up. You also get a chance to get 1 energy up to a max of 10 energy per 10.

When you visit your neighbours (or other people) you will sometimes see a heart above their buildings. Clicking on this heart will help them. You can help them up to 5 times per day. When they collect from the buildings you have helped they will get bonus 20% to the money and an extra xp. When your neighbours (or other people) help your buildings (they go sparkly) you will get those bonuses.

Requests

Soem request require that you request things from your neighbours. Please note that you can only 20 of the requests you send each day can be accepted. Don't send out a request to everyone as this can clog up the system. Select up to 25 people that you know will accept (the extras are in case someone isn't playing that day).

When a neighbour sends you a request it will appear in your News Feed. Press "Accept" to help them. Don't worry any items you help them with will not come out of your Inventory.

Gifts

You can also send your neighbours gifts and receive them in return. To send a gift to your neighbour go into your Neighbour List and select the "Gift" button. Select the gift that you want to send them.

There are limits on the gifts you can send. At the moment we can only send a max of 3 per day. Different gifts also have limits as well. You can only send 1 Jewels per day. Silver Ore and Furs are limited to 2 per day.

When a neighbour sends you a gift it will appear in your News Feed. Press "Accept" to add it to your Inventory.

Help

You can go to your neighbours' walls to post questions asking for help on how to play the game. A lot of people don't mind helping out in this way.

How do you get neighbours?

You can post your ID on your wall and ask people to add you.

You can post your ID on other peoples' walls and ask them to add you. It's always nice to introduce yourself rather than just writing "add [ID]".

You can also look at the Add Me threads to either post your ID or to check for people who are looking for neighbours.

You can ask your neighbours if they know people who are looking for neighbours.

Sending Invites

Go into your Social menu and click on the "Invite" tab. Enter the ID that you wish to invite and press "Invite". You will see a list of people who have invited who haven't accepted or declined your invitation on that screen. If they accept your invitation they will appear in your Neighbour List.

Receiving Invites

If someone has sent you an invite it will appear in your New Feed. You can click on "Accept" to become their neighbour. If you don't want to be their neighbour click on "Decline".

How do you remove neighbours?

You may wish to remove a neighbour for different reasons. They may have stopped playing the game, they may play the game in a way you don't like etc. Go into your Neighbour List and click the "Edit" button. You will now see a "Remove" button next to each neighbour. Click it to remove the neighbour. When you have finished click "Done" - it's where the "Edit" button was. If you don't do this you could accidentally delete someone you want to keep.

maguar
10-25-12, 11:58 PM
Reserved

maguar
10-25-12, 11:59 PM
Energy

Overview

Energy is the biggest strategic element of the game. Every action you do requires you to use energy. The amount of energy you have is determined by your level until you reach the cap. For most players this cap will be 30. For the players who started when the game was first released, the cap will be 40. From time to time there will be trials with different energy for different players.

Restoring Energy

* Energy is restored at a rate of 1 per 3 minutes.

* You can get up to 10 energy per day restored by visiting neighbours.

* If you are fighting Monsters there is a chance they will drop energy when you hit them. They will always drop energy when you defeat them. Sometimes you will end up with more energy than you used to defeat them.

* When you go on adventures from your Keep you often get energy as a reward.

* It is also restored in full when you go up a level. This energy will be added to your existing energy. This may cause you to exceed your cap. Ie you could have 50/30 energy. Once you have reduced it to under you cap it will not go above it again until you level up.

* Sir Pigglesworth can sometimes drop energy

* If you have completed the third tablet quest you have a 33% chance of getting energy back when harvesting crops

* You can trade items in the Royal Exhange to get energy.

* The Alicorn will refill your energy once a week

* The Wizard School drops energy every couple of hours

Important Note: Only levelling up and getting energy when visiting neighbours will take your energy temporarily over the cap. All other methods will only take you up to your cap. Do not collect from the items listed above unless your energy is less than or qual to your max minus the energy you'll get. Eg, your cap is 30 and you're going to collect from the Royal Exchange to get energy. Only collect when your energy is 20 or lower or you will miss out on the extra energy.

sukyee
10-29-12, 05:18 PM
This is a very good thread... It should be make "sticky" so everybody can refer to this!!! It's very useful for new player :) I wish I get this when I'm new :)

moda999
11-01-12, 01:21 AM
I agree it should be stickied.

moda999
11-01-12, 01:25 AM
btw Maguar I've bookmarked all your guides so thanks so much for taking the time to do these as they have been invaluable and I am still referring to them daily :-)

Rockinkitten
11-01-12, 02:42 AM
Maguar, you're ace!

maguar
11-01-12, 03:19 AM
Thanks guys and girls. I really enjoy getting into this level of detail. I'm glad it's also been of help to you.

line1812
11-03-12, 06:09 AM
Perhaps this only happens in my game but if I level up with a full energy bar I will get the extra energy on top of what I already have. So if I have 20/40 energy and then level up it will say 60/40.

Other than that- great guide, thank you :)

mymummy789
11-03-12, 11:28 AM
Perhaps this only happens in my game but if I level up with a full energy bar I will get the extra energy on top of what I already have. So if I have 20/40 energy and then level up it will say 60/40.

this happens to me too. I tend to go round using it up though, incase it reverts to 40 next time I log in!!

Amorph
11-03-12, 11:47 AM
I don't know why but on my itab this game doesn't appear when I enter search with castle story. On my iphone appear but can't install it because I don't have ios 4.0

maguar
11-03-12, 11:48 AM

When I started the energy didn't go above the cap. It was changed with one of the updates. I guess mentally I sometimes still default to how things used to be. Thanks for pointing it out :)

maguar
11-04-12, 02:54 PM
Experience

This section will describe a way to power level. You may need to balance this with your play style an other goals. For some people they may only do this when they are getting close to levelling up.

Neighbours

Particularly in the lower levels neighbours are one of your best resources for levelling up. When you visit them for the first time each day you get a bonus: energy, experience or $5.

While the energy is capped at 10/day it provides you with the opportunity to get 20 experience from it (see the tips section in this post).

You've got a 50% chance of getting experience as your bonus. This is experience that you didn't have to use energy to get. If you've got 100 neighbours that's approx 50 experience a day.

While $5 may not seem like a lot, if you have 100 neighbours that's approximately $250/day or the cost of half a farmhouse.

Collecting from Buildings

You will get experience from collecting from Town, Resource and Royal buildings. You will not get any experience from collecting from Crafting buildings. Due to this, unless you need to craft for buildings, expanding or quests don't craft when you are power levelling.

Normally you will only get 1 xp when collecting from a building. If your building has been helped (is sparkling) you will get 2 xp.

Tips

It can take a little while for your game to synch with the servers and display the sparkles. You should always synch your game before collecting from buildings. Some people visit a couple of people to synch. I find it quicker to delete a post from your wall. As soon as you do this your game is synched.

If you have synched your game and some of your buildings haven't been helped, don't collect from them. Start visiting people, helping them, posting on their wall. Some of them will then help your buildings. While it may take a little while it lets you get 2 xp for 1 collection (costing 1 energy/collection) instead of 1. This is how you can turn the energy from visiting neighbours into 20 experience.

Farmhouses only take 10 minutes before they are ready to collect again. So they provide the best income and experience per hour.

maguar
11-10-12, 05:33 PM
Gems

This section is a strategy about gems (using, earning etc). There is currently no confirmation button when spending gems. I will not be covering off on this issue as it has been raised in numerous threads.

Getting Gems

When you start you are given 20 free gems. After that you can get gems in the following ways:

Buying them - click on the gem icon, select the amount you want etc
Adventures - sometimes you'll get gem(s) as a reward
Quests - some quests give gem rewards
Purple Cow - rare drop
Sir Pigglesworth - rare drop
Two exchanges in the Royal exchange

Note: you may receive quests to download/play/reach a certain level in other games. These quests give no reward. They do trigger simple quests that have gem rewards.

What Can Gems be Spent on?

Some decorations (all gem decorations except Gates can be built in the Workshop)
Some animals (gem animals are available as a rare reward from Adventures)
Skipping parts of quests
Buying items needed for crafting recipes
Buying items needed to expand
Speeding up collection from buildings, plants, animals etc
Energy (costs vary depending on your level)
In game money (costs vary depending on your level)

What Should I Spend them on?

Honestly this will depend on your game playing style and where you are in the game.

Avoiding Spending Gems Unintentionally

When I started the game I accidentally used a number of gems unintentionally. By using the tips below I haven't lost a gem in a very long time.

The first thing you should do is slow down when clicking to collect things. If you go too fast there is a chance you could accidentally speed something up.

The second thing is that you should plant your crops/flowers etc so the ones that should be harvested together are planted together. This will reduce the chance of you accidentally speeding up a different item.

Eg

Don't plant like this:

XYZXXZ
ZXYYZY

Instead plant like this (underline is space):

XX__YY__ZZ
XX__YY__ZZ

When collecting from crops/plants etc, zoom in as close as you can. Try to click on the base of the item rather than the floating icon (if you miss the item you hit the item above it).

If you have your crafting buildings next to each you need to be careful when starting recipes in more than one building. Start the recipe in the first building. Don't immediately click the next building as there is a chance it will still click the first building thereby speeding up the recipe. Instead click somewhere a little bit away from the first building. Once you've done that you can click on the second building to start the next recipe.

If you are in the Market looking at an item that you cannot afford, be very careful when clicking the information item. If you are not careful you could end up using gems to buy the money to purchase it. It's probably better to go to one of the reference sites to get the information on buildings you can't afford.

Place a wide space between items that have large gem speed up costs and other items. Eg have space sound alicorns.

And finally be very careful if you are playing when tired. It is too easy to go fast and lose gems.

maguar
11-10-12, 05:39 PM
Quitting Etiquette

People can quit this game for different reasons: they were only playing as part of a goal on another game, the game doesn't hold their interest, they no longer have time etc.

It can be hard to tell if people have quit the game (people may always be full because they've quit or they're popular).

The following things make it easier for your neighbours to know if you've quit. You may combine some of these points.

Post on your neighbours' walls letting them know you've quit
Post on your own wall that you've quit
Delete your neighbours (it's nice to let them know why)
Place all your items in storage
Use items to spell out "Quit", "Bye" or "Closed" in your kingdom

By doing these things it's easier for your neighbours to keep their lists to active players. It will increase their enjoyment and allow them to replace you with someone who is still playing.

redrider6612
11-11-12, 02:32 PM
Hi, I'm Red, and I have a question. I'm at level 10, I have a storage cellar, but when I collect water from the pond and the well, I get a message that I can't hold any more water. I get the same message when I chop wood, and when I collect from my cows. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I should be doing to use these resources?

maguar
11-11-12, 02:39 PM
Hi, I'm Red, and I have a question. I'm at level 10, I have a storage cellar, but when I collect water from the pond and the well, I get a message that I can't hold any more water. I get the same message when I chop wood, and when I collect from my cows. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I should be doing to use these resources?

If you go into your inventory you will see that you have 99 of each of these materials. Thats the max. When you're maxed you get about $15 instead of the item. You should start crafting with these items. Start making some beams and blocks in your warehouse and some simple glue in your potion shop. Look at the different recipes to see what else you can make.

redrider6612
11-11-12, 02:52 PM
Easy for you to say, but I'm not allowed to build a potion shop until I expand, and I can't expand until I build 3 wisp lanterns. I'm getting very frustrated with this game.

redrider6612
11-11-12, 02:57 PM
And another question: How do I get gems without having to buy them?

queentina3
11-11-12, 02:59 PM
And another question: How do I get gems without having to buy them?

As you continue through the game goals will pop-up that offer gems as the rewards. You can also get gems from Adventures once you get to the point of building the King's Keep/Queen's Court.

kkastle
11-11-12, 04:25 PM
Hi. I am getting material requests from neighbors, and I accept them. But I don't know how to request materials from my neighbors. For example, I want to request earth wisps to make lanterns to expand my kingdom. How do I do this?

kooky panda
11-11-12, 05:59 PM
Hi. I am getting material requests from neighbors, and I accept them. But I don't know how to request materials from my neighbors. For example, I want to request earth wisps to make lanterns to expand my kingdom. How do I do this?

There is not an option to request wisps. ( you need to make these in your workshop)
You can ask neighbors to gift you the wisps.
For other requested material, when you buy and place a building that needs to constructed, you may see a ask neigbors on one of the items.
Click that and you can request that item from your neighbors.

seattlestown
11-12-12, 06:44 AM
Easy for you to say, but I'm not allowed to build a potion shop until I expand, and I can't expand until I build 3 wisp lanterns. I'm getting very frustrated with this game.

The Potion shop is not the only crafting building that utilizes your resources. There is the Workshop, Magic Forge and Kitchen where you can use water, wood, stone etc. to craft items that you will need later on for buildings, adventures, goals etc. You will be able to eventually build 2 of each Shop so your resources will go quickly in some cases allowing you then to collect more resources when you water, fish, harvest, collect, etc.

karens1216
11-12-12, 05:18 PM
Awesome!!!

Thank you so so so much.... This really helps, and I am just beginning.

midnightmeerkat
11-15-12, 08:25 PM
Maguar, should post #2 be changed to take out the exploits reference as most if not all requesting of craftable/findable items has been disabled?

midnightmeerkat
11-15-12, 08:26 PM
Your reference threads are great by the way!!

maguar
11-16-12, 01:00 AM
Maguar, should post #2 be changed to take out the exploits reference as most if not all requesting of craftable/findable items has been disabled?

Could a mod please take this out? Thanks

sohocity
11-17-12, 07:31 PM
Just want to know if the long swords for bandit hunting are consumable like the feast or will they be returned to the storage after use, like the wooden sword. Making 5 long swords everyday to supply to the hunting would be a big strain on the precious resources like jewels.

greygull
11-17-12, 07:33 PM
Just want to know if the long swords for bandit hunting are consumable like the feast or will they be returned to the storage after use, like the wooden sword. Making 5 long swords everyday to supply to the hunting would be a big strain on the precious resources like jewels.

Yes, they're like the feasts - you need 5 new ones each time.

sohocity
11-17-12, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the clarification. So I have to continue making the swords.

QueenJen
11-18-12, 09:40 AM
I would like to add a helpful tip under "Neighbors" I ask mine if they would like additional neighbors & if they do I post a "Need Neighbors? Add mine" With their ID in it. It has helped alot of us add friendly neighbors for goals n things since most of us chat regularly on each others walls it's like an introduction. Thanks 

srobso
11-27-12, 12:27 PM
I was wondering if anyone would have an opinion on this. Is it better to buy 2 white cows with a small chance of a rare item or 1 black cow with a medium chance of finding a rare item? Thanks!

tiggerhobbes
11-27-12, 11:25 PM
I was wondering if anyone would have an opinion on this. Is it better to buy 2 white cows with a small chance of a rare item or 1 black cow with a medium chance of finding a rare item? Thanks!

They've changed the recipe so we'll have to give it some time to see how things play out. But chances are you will end up with too much milk and cow hide. Energy is (IMO) the most precious resource in this game. Two cows means using twice as much energy to collect. I'd rather pay more for fewer clicks.

Besides, Thurston will probably get diarrhea, lactose intolerance, *and* obesity if he drinks that much milk =_=

shellie1520
11-30-12, 11:13 PM
Is there a way to get red leaves

maguar
11-30-12, 11:19 PM
Is there a way to get red leaves

Fern, tall grass, old log, plant in log, bush, asking neighbours to gift. If building the conservatory can request from neighbours

dragonolic
12-02-12, 07:18 AM
This is a really helpful guide, thank you for taking the time to do this. Sometimes if you PM a mod, they can change part of a post for you (so you can update the part about exp going over the cap when leveling up).

One resource you didn't mention in the most needed items is, I've found, tree sap. That is one of the biggest limiting items other than glimmer dust ad water for my level 14 account, as it is used in glues and fancy beams. It has been a challenge because getting the sap from trees requires expanding or planting- expanding takes many lanterns and coins, while planting takes many energies to water saplings into adult trees.

isabella_sophie
12-02-12, 01:43 PM
thank you for making this post. i dont see it mentioned anywhere (but haven't yet read all the pages of comments, just the guide) . is there a way of getting bacon without spending jewels on a pig?

maguar
12-02-12, 02:45 PM
thank you for making this post. i dont see it mentioned anywhere (but haven't yet read all the pages of comments, just the guide) . is there a way of getting bacon without spending jewels on a pig?

You can get bacon from the stables so you don't have to buy a pig. Sometimes you can get a pig as a reward from and sdventure.

maguar
12-02-12, 02:47 PM
This is a really helpful guide, thank you for taking the time to do this. Sometimes if you PM a mod, they can change part of a post for you (so you can update the part about exp going over the cap when leveling up).

One resource you didn't mention in the most needed items is, I've found, tree sap. That is one of the biggest limiting items other than glimmer dust ad water for my level 14 account, as it is used in glues and fancy beams. It has been a challenge because getting the sap from trees requires expanding or planting- expanding takes many lanterns and coins, while planting takes many energies to water saplings into adult trees.

Just letting you know I've been made a mod. When my account gets upgraded I'll be going through a lot of my guides and fixing them up. At tha stage I can mention sap.

yourstruly42
12-03-12, 07:40 AM
Woot! Congrats, Maguar. Well deserved!

littlemissmolls
12-03-12, 09:49 PM
Well done Maguar!

maguar
12-04-12, 02:41 AM
Thanks all. I'll do my best with it

MiniLaura
12-04-12, 02:25 PM
I have trick to add! If you are sick of fighting beasts (skunkupine, fangbeast, troll) and you already have a lot of resources from them, leave one hanging out in your kingdom. You won't get more and you won't waste energy fighting them.

Right now I have a troll that is not covering up anything significant (just the tavern, the storehouse, and two trees), and I'm not fighting him. I haven't had any other beast in two days. It's great.

maguar
12-04-12, 02:44 PM
I have trick to add! If you are sick of fighting beasts (skunkupine, fangbeast, troll) and you already have a lot of resources from them, leave one hanging out in your kingdom. You won't get more and you won't waste energy fighting them.

Right now I have a troll that is not covering up anything significant (just the tavern, the storehouse, and two trees), and I'm not fighting him. I haven't had any other beast in two days. It's great.

I did that with sir fangsalot. Unfortunately he had to go with the Thurston quest and my ongoing need for rat tails. I miss him :(

If you're really lucky you can get a monster that appears on the border of where you've expanded so it only takes half the area it normally does.

aimeeq
12-04-12, 05:24 PM
Congrats maguar!

maguar
12-05-12, 04:32 AM
Monsters

There are four main Monsters at the moment. They can appear whenever you do actions within your kingdom. I have outlined some basic information about each.

Skunkupines

Skunkupines are the first Monsters that you will encounter. You will need a Wooden Sword (from the Workshop) to defeat them. They have 3 health and can drop Rat Tails, Fur and Creep Teeth. They tend to appear when you are harvesting crops or tending plants. They really like corn, wheat and sugar.

Fangbeast
You will need a Meat Cleaver (from the Kitchen) to defeat these. They have 5 health and can drop Bones, Creep Teeth and Fur. They tend to appear around Farmhouses, Animal Buildings and when collecting from animals.

Glimmer Troll
These will only appear after you are level 15 and have crafted the Enchanted Sword. They have 7 health and can drop Troll Essence, Troll Horns, Glimmerdust, Mysterious Venom and Bones. They tend to appear around coin buildings, resource buildings (not really animal ones) and mushrooms.

Lovecupines
These are only triggered when collecting from valentine animals, plants and buildings. They drop rat tails and pink fur.

Troll King
This is a one time only monster that appears when you expand to the Troll King's Lair (see the guides from the first post for more information). He has 99 health. He drops Jewels, Troll Essence, Troll Horns and money from time to time when you attack him. When you defeat him he also drops Spicy Feast and Big Ruby.

Fighting Monsters

When monsters appear you will notice a grey cloud around them. This is their area of influence. You will not be able to interact with any object that appears in this cloud.

To fight monsters you need to tap on them. The first tap will show their health (eg 3/3) and bring up three sword swing options at the bottom. Click on a sword swing to use it. Usually this will reduce their health by 1. Sometimes you will be lucky and take 2 from their health. When their health reaches 0 they will disappear from your kingdom.

Each sword swing that you do takes 1 energy. There is also a chance that you will get some energy back for each hit you do. At the end of the fight you will also get back some energy. If you have been very lucky you will end up with more energy than you used to fight the monster.

Tips

If you are getting sick of monsters appearing around your kingdom you can set a trap. Choose an area that is away from most of your items. Have something like a well, a few crops or animals, or a farmhouse there. If you get a monster when collecting from there do not fight the monster. As long as you have 1 monster in your kingdom no more can appear. Use this strategy with caution as you need monster drops for different recipes and some quests are only triggered by certain monsters (eg after Thurston is dressed you need to see a skunkupine).

If a monster appears and it looks like they might be in an area where you have not expanded there are a few things you can try. First zoom in as close as you can and keep tapping on the monster. You might be able to get some tips in. If that doesn't work force close your game (shut it down so it's not running in the background) and then restart. When you go back into your game the monster should be gone. If that doesn't work try deleting and reinstalling. Your final option is to email support@teamlava.com with your ID, game and what the issue is.

isabella_sophie
12-06-12, 03:46 AM
does anyone know if i would refuse a gift what happens? will they be able to send someone who needs it something they ask for?

maguar
12-06-12, 03:51 AM
does anyone know if i would refuse a gift what happens? will they be able to send someone who needs it something they ask for?

Really not sure on this one as I haven't heard of anyone refusing a gift. If you do find out please let us know.

sookie1976
12-06-12, 12:34 PM
Hi guys,

Love the game and I have a question about getting the enchanted sword. Were can I craft it? I'm level 20 and never seen a troll. Do I need to seek Thurston first?

Sookie

wassupbaby
12-06-12, 02:16 PM
Hi guys,

Love the game and I have a question about getting the enchanted sword. Were can I craft it? I'm level 20 and never seen a troll. Do I need to seek Thurston first?

Sookie

Yes , you do need to expand to Thurston first. Then the quest will pop up.

Ayachii
12-08-12, 01:20 PM
I have enough to expand out again, and I'm debating where to go. I've read enough about the Magic Garden, but the other option I'm considering is the spot just beyond that- are those the Dark Caves? Either way, on an opinion basis from whoever;

Which is more worth it? The Magic Garden, or the location just past it? I have enough gold and just about enough Lanterns to go either way. Though it will take me two expansions to get to the cavey looking area.

My other question is- the Magic Garden shows up partially in the tip of the area I can expand to. Will expanding there unlock the garden, or is it not enough, and I'll have to expand again to uncover more area of the garden before it becomes unlocked?

P.S~ I already have the tablet unlocked.

maguar
12-08-12, 01:56 PM
I have enough to expand out again, and I'm debating where to go. I've read enough about the Magic Garden, but the other option I'm considering is the spot just beyond that- are those the Dark Caves? Either way, on an opinion basis from whoever;

Which is more worth it? The Magic Garden, or the location just past it? I have enough gold and just about enough Lanterns to go either way. Though it will take me two expansions to get to the cavey looking area.

My other question is- the Magic Garden shows up partially in the tip of the area I can expand to. Will expanding there unlock the garden, or is it not enough, and I'll have to expand again to uncover more area of the garden before it becomes unlocked?

P.S~ I already have the tablet unlocked.

Unless you're at the end of the Thurston quest line you won't be able to expand to the pit yet.

With the magic garden you need to expand to where the main bit of the base is not the tip of the rainbow.

WendyCroy
12-08-12, 07:46 PM
Really not sure on this one as I haven't heard of anyone refusing a gift. If you do find out please let us know.

I often refuse gifts that I can't send back, because of the limit of 3 gifts sent. I do that in order to the player can send another gift to another player. The result is that today a neighboor has deleting me, very angry ��

maguar
12-08-12, 10:17 PM
I often refuse gifts that I can't send back, because of the limit of 3 gifts sent. I do that in order to the player can send another gift to another player. The result is that today a neighboor has deleting me, very angry ��

Pretty certain there is no notification telling the other person that you have declined a gift. If they've deleted you and are angry about something be glad that you're not neighbours anymore. There are plenty of great people to be neighbours with.

Ayachii
12-09-12, 02:34 AM
Ah, good to know! I'm going to pass on Thurston for now then, and go for the Magic Garden.
Thanks for the help!! I always enjoy reading your posts, maguar. Supremely helpful!

blurbie
12-16-12, 04:18 PM
Regarding neighbors: I am comfortable visiting 225 or so a day. I want to print a list each week instead of handwriting it. Is there a way to print from the iPhone or online from the forum, with a list of my neighbors?

On my list, I have the kingdom name, level achieved, royal points, if they interact with me, and if they visit (news). That way, lame players can be rotated out for fresh ones more likely to play.

maguar
12-16-12, 04:50 PM
Regarding neighbors: I am comfortable visiting 225 or so a day. I want to print a list each week instead of handwriting it. Is there a way to print from the iPhone or online from the forum, with a list of my neighbors?

On my list, I have the kingdom name, level achieved, royal points, if they interact with me, and if they visit (news). That way, lame players can be rotated out for fresh ones more likely to play.

You could take screen captures but that still takes awhile. Have you thought about using a spreadsheet? Easy to add and delete.

blurbie
12-16-12, 05:19 PM
Excellent idea! Thanks!

melats
12-18-12, 06:41 AM
Yes, this is an awesome thread!:-) you the man sticky!:-)

sigmaixp
12-18-12, 07:39 PM
1) I'm on level 25 but have yet to build the cathedral, conservatory, windmill, or theater because I keep waiting for a quest to tell me to build them. I have all of the materials stored up so should I just build them? 2) I've been searching through the other forums but can't seem to find a lot of tips on getting troll essence or how to attract trolls - I keep getting fang beasts! - so does anyone have any suggestions? I need to forge excalibum! And finally, I started a second game on my iPad and am suffering badly because I can't get sap. Earlier in this thread someone said they would be able to talk about it "soon"; Any update? Thanks! This is my first time posting!!!

maguar
12-18-12, 07:48 PM
1) I'm on level 25 but have yet to build the cathedral, conservatory, windmill, or theater because I keep waiting for a quest to tell me to build them. I have all of the materials stored up so should I just build them? 2) I've been searching through the other forums but can't seem to find a lot of tips on getting troll essence or how to attract trolls - I keep getting fang beasts! - so does anyone have any suggestions? I need to forge excalibum! And finally, I started a second game on my iPad and am suffering badly because I can't get sap. Earlier in this thread someone said they would be able to talk about it "soon"; Any update? Thanks! This is my first time posting!!!

There aren't quests to build those ones (or at least I can't remember any off the top of my head). Build them as you won't cause any issues.

Trolls like coin buildings, resource buildings, mushrooms and rocks. If you do collections around these you'll get the trolls. Personally I think they like the royal buildings the best.

With excalibam it will depend what quest you are up to. This thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40538-The-legendary-sword-Excalibam&highlight=Thurston) has info on the quests/steps needed to forge excalibam.

Regarding sap - having at least one sawmill (and two if you can get it) helps. All living (non gem) trees have the same drop rate of sap as each other. You'll just need to commit a bit of energy to tending and then chopping them. You can ask your neighbours to gift you sap as well. (PS this info comes from post 2 where a bit of info re sap was added. Sorry but that's the main strategy for it).

Thanks for posting. Feel free to post questions or tips.

olcastle
12-22-12, 01:06 AM
Neighbours
If you are building certain buildings, you may be allowed to request materials from your neighbours. To do this click on the building and then the "Ask Friends" button under the material.

What exactly are these buildings? I can't find any of them.

maguar
12-22-12, 01:15 AM
What exactly are these buildings? I can't find any of them.

The conservatory is one. This option is only available for certain items and you have to have less than you need.

mattscorner
12-30-12, 12:09 AM
I'm so sorry if I'm reiterating a made point...but to clarify, can you only gift three people total a day, or three of each kind of gift a day? Three neighbors only seems low. Appreciate the patience with noobs like me

maguar
12-30-12, 12:12 AM
Hi mattscorner. It's always better to get clarification when you're not sure. You can gift a max of 3 people each day. Within the three gifts you can send a max of 1 jewels, 2 silver ore or 2 fur.

mattscorner
12-30-12, 12:23 AM
Thank you so much for the quick answer! That's interesting...since I have you, may I ask if you have a strategy for gifting? I only have a few neighbors, but for those with many- I have to wonder how one rotates or whatever to gift. (Up til right now, I was just clicking along, which is alphabetical...). Should I just keep track and try to rotate through, I wonder. Or do other wait to return a gift once one is received? I wish I could send everyone a little something. Hmm.

maia07
01-03-13, 11:07 AM
Not sure where best to post this, but hopefully it's appropriate for this thread:

I'm level 25 and about 18 lemons away from finishing the cooking caravan. Then after that, I'm done.
No more quests to do. No option to expand to the sparkling stone nest thingy in the north east. No quest requirement to expand to the gate on the bottom right. Nothing new to build. No buildings to unlock.
So, where do I go from here? Without quests, the game is pretty boring.
Do I just pump out lanterns and hope that I will eventually be allowed to expand to the nest? Do I expand the 6 or 7 tiles to the gate with the hope that something will happen when I reach it?

Thanks!

midnightmeerkat
01-03-13, 12:17 PM
Thank you so much for the quick answer! That's interesting...since I have you, may I ask if you have a strategy for gifting? I only have a few neighbors, but for those with many- I have to wonder how one rotates or whatever to gift. (Up til right now, I was just clicking along, which is alphabetical...). Should I just keep track and try to rotate through, I wonder. Or do other wait to return a gift once one is received? I wish I could send everyone a little something. Hmm.

I just choose my gift from the oldest received on the news page.... It basically turns out to returning gifts to those that have gifted me

midnightmeerkat
01-03-13, 12:25 PM
Not sure where best to post this, but hopefully it's appropriate for this thread:

I'm level 25 and about 18 lemons away from finishing the cooking caravan. Then after that, I'm done.
No more quests to do. No option to expand to the sparkling stone nest thingy in the north east. No quest requirement to expand to the gate on the bottom right. Nothing new to build. No buildings to unlock.
So, where do I go from here? Without quests, the game is pretty boring.
Do I just pump out lanterns and hope that I will eventually be allowed to expand to the nest? Do I expand the 6 or 7 tiles to the gate with the hope that something will happen when I reach it?

Thanks!

There is apparently an update 'nearly' ready...... I have expanded to the gate (I am actually 2 spaces away from being fully expanded..... I will also start stockpiling lanterns so that I am ready to expand after the new quests/areas come

I am continuing to do adventures, stocking up on feasts and cooked food items and also stockpiling enchanters essence, glues etc

maia07
01-03-13, 12:32 PM
There is apparently an update 'nearly' ready...... I have expanded to the gate (I am actually 2 spaces away from being fully expanded..... I will also start stockpiling lanterns so that I am ready to expand after the new quests/areas come

I am continuing to do adventures, stocking up on feasts and cooked food items and also stockpiling enchanters essence, glues etc

Mind if I add you as a neighbor? I'd love to check out your kingdom.

Also, I'm blocked from expanding more than one spot to the gate. Do you have to clear out the whole rightmost edge?

midnightmeerkat
01-03-13, 12:56 PM
Mind if I add you as a neighbor? I'd love to check out your kingdom.

Also, I'm blocked from expanding more than one spot to the gate. Do you have to clear out the whole rightmost edge?
Sure I accept all new neighbours. My main game is snowyhillz (ipad). And midnightmeerkat

Yes, you have to clear some space on the right hand side first before you can approach the gate

wassupbaby
01-03-13, 01:21 PM
My gifting system is that i choose 3 players that i know for sure they will give me back. we've been sending gifts to eachother since i started playing. Sometimes a new player or a new neighbor send me a gift. Usually they stop after few days because i dont give back. But when they keep sending me for a week,I feel kind of guilty that i cant give back so i write on their wall and tell them to stop =.= latterly a neighbor of mine keep sending me gift eventhough i asked him/her not to. Dunno what else to do now :(

mattscorner
01-03-13, 02:23 PM
ok. it just is what is re: gifting. thanks for sharing your techniques and experiences, i appreciate the insight.

caius76
02-17-13, 08:43 AM
Hi, I hope it's ok to tack questions onto this thread instead of creating a new one. I'm a new player within the last couple of weeks, and have a couple of questions:
- So far I've not spent any gems. What do you all suggest saving them for?
- What buildings are worth upgrading in the early game? I'm assuming the mine and sawmill...
- What is a good order for expansion? So far I've expanded to Ivy, and am considering the magic garden next. But what about the shivering guy?

Thanks for any input!
Caius76

wassupbaby
02-17-13, 10:41 AM
1. I'm not sure about spending gems. You know , you can get every gems items from adventure. I'd use it to buy lanterns to expand but im dont recommend that. You can buy an apple tree so you can get the golden apple easier....
2. Yes , mine and sawmill . But if you just started playing , i suggest you should look through all coming quests ( theres a thread about it ) and see what materials will be needed because the upgrade for mine and sawmill takes lots of materials and im not sure if its worth it to upgrade for new players
3.Man, what was the correct order ? Ivy-The tablet-magic garden- thurston(pantless guy)-troll pit?. I guess so.
Good luck !

maguar
02-17-13, 02:02 PM
I'd possibly go ivy, magic garden, Thurston, tablet.

Ivy gives a number of good quests which give her hut (lots of random materials) and the purple cow (chance of gems). Magic garden (when unlocked) gives some items and a chance of the golden apple. Thurston (boxer guy) gives a whole quest line needed for expanding to the bit. Tablet has very rare chance of dropping shards - these have quests with great rewards but are so rare I'd focus on stuff you get rewards for first.

wassupbaby
02-17-13, 02:58 PM
Also , ivy and thurston dont give any Royal point, magic garden and tablet on the other hand do (i dont remember the exact number but its quite alot ,well , at least i didnt have to build duplicate buildings so i could get enough RP to expand)

maguar
02-17-13, 04:24 PM
True. I forgot about the royal points. It's about 290 I think.

yummyju
02-17-13, 11:56 PM
So are you saying that by completing ivys hut goals that's where the purple cow comes from

maguar
02-18-13, 02:30 AM
That's right. Follow the goals were ivy is concerned about a cow

elizabetheva
02-18-13, 09:55 AM
I just expanded to the troll king, and between that and all the rocks I bought for valentine quests, I am low on gold for the first time in quite a while. I did manage to stay up on lanterns pretty well though, so I'm ready to expand except I need gold. I usually have a decent strategy for gold, but it is pretty energy dependent - I typically farm strawberries since they produce the most gold per hour and use any excess energy after gathering from buildings and other immediate needs. I'm curious what everyone else does?

crystalrayn3
02-18-13, 12:00 PM
You're on the right track. Remember to plant a high yield crop like Glimmerbulbs overnight. That way you wake up to a fat wallet in the morning.

addpuff
02-18-13, 12:13 PM
I just started playing and I looked up the resource guide for red petals. I'm haven't been able to produce any, I read you could give them as a gift, but when I go to gift it isn't one of my options. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

wassupbaby
02-18-13, 02:24 PM
I just started playing and I looked up the resource guide for red petals. I'm haven't been able to produce any, I read you could give them as a gift, but when I go to gift it isn't one of my options. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Red petals used to be able to be requested but not anymore. You might want to craft new flowers and plants with the Love shack. I think its the best way to get red petals.

wassupbaby
02-18-13, 02:52 PM
i only have 1 goal about finding horn and wing from adventure . Dont know what else to do , probably will upgrade my hatchery and sawmill to lv 5(my mines and stables are on lv 5) I see no point by upgrading others building.Increase royal point? I have something over 4k RP. What's the difference between 4k and 5k ,6k or 7k RP ? Nothing. In fact ,even with 3k RP you can expand everywhere. In crease earning coins? No thanks , there's nothing to buy with coins. Before the update, i had about 1m8 coins and now after completing all the goals and upgrading my resource building, i still have over 500k coins. The next update probable will be in next 6-8 weeks (2 months) by this time , i'll have tons of coins.Till then i have nothing to do :| Any advice ? ( pls dont tell me to upgrade all my buildings :|)

elizabetheva
02-18-13, 03:33 PM
Remember to plant a high yield crop like Glimmerbulbs overnight.

Thanks! I usually plant peppers for spicy feasts before I go to sleep, but I'm pretty well stocked on those - I'll definitely do this tonight!

cathychow212
02-22-13, 08:49 PM
thanks !!!

arwenaessedai
03-09-13, 05:55 AM
Energy

Overview

Energy is the biggest strategic element of the game. Every action you do requires you to use energy. The amount of energy you have is determined by your level until you reach the cap. For most players this cap will be 30. For the players who started when the game was first released, the cap will be 40. From time to time there will be trials with different energy for different players.

Restoring Energy

* It is also restored in full when you go up a level. This energy will be added to your existing energy. This may cause you to exceed your cap. Ie you could have 50/30 energy. Once you have reduced it to under you cap it will not go above it again until you level up.

Thanks for this guide, excellent!
I have a question about the quote above. When I went from level 15 to level 16, I got extra energy and for a few seconds my game showed 70/30 then it went to 40/30. From what you say above I should have kept the 70, no?
- Is this a bug?
- if it's not a bug, is there a trick to use up my energy prior to levelling up? It seems all the actions that are energy-consuming also give you xp, so not sure how to use the energy without crossing the threshold into upper level?
- Will my 30 cap ever be allowed to grow? By leveling up for example?

Thanks!

maguar
03-09-13, 03:54 PM
Thanks for this guide, excellent!
I have a question about the quote above. When I went from level 15 to level 16, I got extra energy and for a few seconds my game showed 70/30 then it went to 40/30. From what you say above I should have kept the 70, no?
- Is this a bug?
- if it's not a bug, is there a trick to use up my energy prior to levelling up? It seems all the actions that are energy-consuming also give you xp, so not sure how to use the energy without crossing the threshold into upper level?
- Will my 30 cap ever be allowed to grow? By leveling up for example?

Thanks!

It would depend on what your current energy level was when you went up. If you had 10 left then it went 70 to 40 the 70 was a display issue and the 40 would be correct (as the current not max). As you're limit is 30 the most you could have seen was if you collected and had 29 which would give you 59 (as the current not the max).

At the moment 30 is the cap unless you were an original player or are in a test group. TL does change the energy from time to time but I am not privy to the decision making process.

justk9188
03-30-13, 08:48 PM
Time to get this old man up.
How much was your strategy changed since Royal Exchange came out ?
I'm pumping all energy at croop to do fruit exchange.

vchanhs
03-30-13, 10:17 PM
I took all my pigs and chickens out. The meat delivery trade seems to use the most useless stuff such as bacon and fish which are also never used. Need the roast chicken though thus took the chicks out also.

scrapsbasket
03-31-13, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the great help

bowlfullofcherries
04-30-13, 04:24 PM
Anybody got strategies concerning rat tails and sugar cane demands? I'm a little desperate.

Oliver118
04-30-13, 10:45 PM
You can earn rat tails from Skunkupines, Lovecupines or Fangbeasts. You can earn Sugar cane from harvesting the crop Sugar cane.

bowlfullofcherries
04-30-13, 11:11 PM
Hmmm. Facts but not strategies. I seem to be depleting these resources faster than I can bring them in. Hence, the request for a strategy. I was thinking of staggering sugar cane production so I'm harvesting and planting every two hours. I don't see much hope for rat tails, though. Thanks, Oliver (love that name, btw), for your reply.

Fangbeasts give rat tails? I did not know that.

wassupbaby
05-01-13, 12:23 AM
Fangbeast does not drop rat tails.

maguar
05-01-13, 02:51 AM
When monsters first appeared the fangbeast did drop rat tails. I think it was removed with one of the updates.

I remember the short period of time when old logs where dropping bones and tails.

bowlfullofcherries
05-04-13, 12:12 AM
I agree that there's an imbalance in game play but gems are free if you play their other games. It's the reason I keep playing. I've bought gems once during a sale but everything else i got for free. It's more intensive, but I'd rather work and get something free rather than pay for it. I have nothing against a company trying to make money, in fact, if they're providing a service I appreciate, I gladly give my money. Underhanded tactics set me off, though. And make me less willing to pay. Psychology! Economics! They go hand in hand, no?

memphistomboy
05-04-13, 05:12 PM
i only have 1 goal about finding horn and wing from adventure . Dont know what else to do , probably will upgrade my hatchery and sawmill to lv 5(my mines and stables are on lv 5) I see no point by upgrading others building.Increase royal point? I have something over 4k RP. What's the difference between 4k and 5k ,6k or 7k RP ? Nothing. In fact ,even with 3k RP you can expand everywhere. In crease earning coins? No thanks , there's nothing to buy with coins. Before the update, i had about 1m8 coins and now after completing all the goals and upgrading my resource building, i still have over 500k coins. The next update probable will be in next 6-8 weeks (2 months) by this time , i'll have tons of coins.Till then i have nothing to do :| Any advice ? ( pls dont tell me to upgrade all my buildings :|)

As you may already know, in the Sabina track you will need $300,000 in coins

wassupbaby
05-05-13, 01:13 AM
As you may already know, in the Sabina track you will need $300,000 in coins

This post was almost 3 months ago but tks anw :)

naiqaij
05-05-13, 06:19 AM
I expanded to the troll king's lair and the troll king did appear. I hit him once or twice and was low on energy. When I went back again, he was gone. I haven been seeing him again and the lair is still dark and locked. Any advice on this? thanks alot!

lotuskat
05-06-13, 09:58 AM
I expanded to the troll king's lair and the troll king did appear. I hit him once or twice and was low on energy. When I went back again, he was gone. I haven been seeing him again and the lair is still dark and locked. Any advice on this? thanks alot!

It could be a synchronization error. Have you tried unlocking the troll king's lair again?

Oliver118
05-06-13, 10:44 PM
Hmmm. Facts but not strategies. I seem to be depleting these resources faster than I can bring them in. Hence, the request for a strategy. I was thinking of staggering sugar cane production so I'm harvesting and planting every two hours. I don't see much hope for rat tails, though. Thanks, Oliver (love that name, btw), for your reply.

Fangbeasts give rat tails? I did not know that.

Actually, I might need to confirm that. Thanks for pointing that out! And Fangbeasts also are the only beasts that give bones as far as I know. They do not give Fur.

Oliver118
05-06-13, 10:46 PM
It could be a synchronization error. Have you tried unlocking the troll king's lair again?

You might have to keep asking. Try contacting TL directly.

Oliver118
05-06-13, 10:46 PM
You might have to keep asking. Try contacting TL directly.

Sorry, does that make sense? I meant email Support Teamlava.

naiqaij
05-07-13, 07:52 AM
I cant unlock it anymore cuz I have already expanded to that area and it wouldnt let me expand there again

naiqaij
05-07-13, 07:53 AM
Sorry, does that make sense? I meant email Support Teamlava.

okie. thanks. (:

maguar
05-07-13, 03:33 PM
I cant unlock it anymore cuz I have already expanded to that area and it wouldnt let me expand there again

I've flagged this over

Oliver118
05-07-13, 10:19 PM
I've flagged this over

Maybe you can't expand there yet. According to TL, new expansions are introduced in future updates, so you'll probably have to wait for now.

HNO3
05-08-13, 12:23 AM
Maybe you can't expand there yet. According to TL, new expansions are introduced in future updates, so you'll probably have to wait for now.

Um, they're talking about the troll pit...

PikaSquirrel
05-08-13, 10:27 AM
It seems you have already written in a ticket, support will assist you with this issue with the Troll King, thank you!

QueenCarolyn
05-08-13, 05:36 PM
I thought we had to wait for a quest before expanding to Thurston. I guess I have wasted some time.

catlady71
05-08-13, 08:45 PM
hey guys, i have two questions:

1. spending gems: what do you recomend? should i buy the apple tree? i'm on level 20, don't know what i'm going to need for bakings deserts and stuff

2. do you do adventures all the time to get stuff? even the one who needs the longswords?

thanks!

vchanhs
05-08-13, 09:27 PM
hey guys, i have two questions:

1. spending gems: what do you recomend? should i buy the apple tree? i'm on level 20, don't know what i'm going to need for bakings deserts and stuff

2. do you do adventures all the time to get stuff? even the one who needs the longswords?

thanks!

1) I bought the orange and lemon trees with gems and got the apple tree from adventure. The fruit trees quests are not related to other quests so you can wait to get it from adventures if you want.

2) I don't deliberately do the hunting bandit quest as the iron and jewels are needed for other stuff. Thurston's fort drops the longswords occasionally and royal exchange supply the food. I only do it as and when I get enough regents.

catlady71
05-08-13, 09:44 PM
1) I bought the orange and lemon trees with gems and got the apple tree from adventure. The fruit trees quests are not related to other quests so you can wait to get it from adventures if you want.

2) I don't deliberately do the hunting bandit quest as the iron and jewels are needed for other stuff. Thurston's fort drops the longswords occasionally and royal exchange supply the food. I only do it as and when I get enough regents.

Thanks, thats very helpful! :)

happy_carol94
05-08-13, 10:02 PM

2) I don't deliberately do the hunting bandit quest as the iron and jewels are needed for other stuff. Thurston's fort drops the longswords occasionally and royal exchange supply the food. I only do it as and when I get enough regents. 1. I haven't bought trees because I save my gems to buy my first Wizard school. I get apple, lemon and orange from Sir Pigglesworth, slow but it?s ok because I have to complete many other goals at once. I read that sometimes adventures will reward trees so I?m waiting a box of tree coming!

2. I send my knight everyday for different adventures. Mostly search the ancient vault and hunting roaming bandits. Sir Pigglesworth quite often drops longswords. I?m crafting materials to build Thurston?s fort at the moment, it will drop longswords and less work for crafting longswords later. I have enough feast, got them from eggs&dairy exchange which I craft daily so I only need to craft the feast at the kitchen.

Oliver118
05-08-13, 10:21 PM
Um, they're talking about the troll pit...

Oh. Sorry, my mistake!

Oliver118
05-08-13, 10:22 PM
1. I haven't bought trees because I save my gems to buy my first Wizard school. I get apple, lemon and orange from Sir Pigglesworth, slow but it?s ok because I have to complete many other goals at once. I read that sometimes adventures will reward trees so I?m waiting a box of tree coming!

2. I send my knight everyday for different adventures. Mostly search the ancient vault and hunting roaming bandits. Sir Pigglesworth quite often drops longswords. I?m crafting materials to build Thurston?s fort at the moment, it will drop longswords and less work for crafting longswords later. I have enough feast, got them from eggs&dairy exchange which I craft daily so I only need to craft the feast at the kitchen.

I should listen to all this talk about Thurston and Sir Pigglesworth, as I'm planning to worry about those things before Princess Sabina Faire.

vchanhs
05-09-13, 04:25 AM
I should listen to all this talk about Thurston and Sir Pigglesworth, as I'm planning to worry about those things before Princess Sabina Faire.

Thurston yes but sir Pigglesworth? I have that quest for almost 3 months.

drago5050
05-09-13, 06:39 AM
Great info - thanks!!

catlady71
05-09-13, 10:41 AM
1. I haven't bought trees because I save my gems to buy my first Wizard school. I get apple, lemon and orange from Sir Pigglesworth, slow but it?s ok because I have to complete many other goals at once. I read that sometimes adventures will reward trees so I?m waiting a box of tree coming!

is the wizard school really worth it?

vchanhs
05-09-13, 05:12 PM
is the wizard school really worth it?

If you ask me, no. Just a bit more energy that I can survive without. But hey, the schools look cool so maybe that is worth the gems already.

happy_carol94
05-09-13, 05:55 PM
is the wizard school really worth it? It depends on necessity.

If you haven?t unlocked Magic garden and Sir Pigglesworth then you may go for apple tree. I have both so I prefer Wizard school rather than trees as I play this game frequently and often lack of energy :(
Like vchanhs said, its design is cool and I really like it so I save my gems for it, around 50 more gems to get it though :eek:

arikasi
05-12-13, 11:05 AM
How many trade expansion permits are currently needed total?

Also my Monster Hunter trade upgraded itself today to Troll Hunter. I have never collected a glimmer bulb and never collected from the garden. So Im wondering if either the Deep Mine or the Tinker Camp (the only two new things in my town) are also triggers for trade upgrades.

RotomGuy
05-12-13, 11:13 AM
Before getting Sir Pigglesworth, is there any other way to get the Golden Apple other than the Apple Tree?

I have enough Gems, but I would rather have the Wizard School as I'm often short on energy.

HNO3
05-12-13, 03:44 PM
How many trade expansion permits are currently needed total?

Also my Monster Hunter trade upgraded itself today to Troll Hunter. I have never collected a glimmer bulb and never collected from the garden. So Im wondering if either the Deep Mine or the Tinker Camp (the only two new things in my town) are also triggers for trade upgrades.
The glimmer bulb/garden thing is only for fruit trade - the troll hunter upgrade happens after you do a few monster trades and then **** a troll.

vchanhs
05-12-13, 05:03 PM
Before getting Sir Pigglesworth, is there any other way to get the Golden Apple other than the Apple Tree?

I have enough Gems, but I would rather have the Wizard School as I'm often short on energy.

Guess what! Magic garden also drops golden apples. But it also upgrade your fruit trade. Lol, decision decision.

catlady71
05-12-13, 07:39 PM
It depends on necessity.

If you haven?t unlocked Magic garden and Sir Pigglesworth then you may go for apple tree. I have both so I prefer Wizard school rather than trees as I play this game frequently and often lack of energy :(
Like vchanhs said, its design is cool and I really like it so I save my gems for it, around 50 more gems to get it though :eek:

i have the magic garden but need the golden apple to unlock sir pigglesworth. i was thinking that the apple tree would speed the process, and i could use for baking the apple pies. i haven't unlocked the sweets in the kitchen, so i have no idea what amount of fruits i will need in the future

Oliver118
05-12-13, 09:43 PM
Thurston yes but sir Pigglesworth? I have that quest for almost 3 months.

Me too! I'm expanding to Thurston instead of the Magic Garden first, but I need almost 100 more Royal Points. That's why in another thread I asked about which adventure you get an apple tree from.

happy_carol94
05-13-13, 12:07 AM
i have the magic garden but need the golden apple to unlock sir pigglesworth. i was thinking that the apple tree would speed the process, and i could use for baking the apple pies. i haven't unlocked the sweets in the kitchen, so i have no idea what amount of fruits i will need in the future I got my golden apple from magic garden after collected from it for around 3 times. But because you haven?t got golden apple, it?s worth to try to get it from apple tree, may be better chance. Sir pigglesworth is cute and drops random unpredictable items, it didn?t give me longswords for couple days but suddenly yesterday it dropped 5 gems and twice! I just bought my first Wizard school and I hope you?ll get your golden apple soon :)

happy_carol94
05-13-13, 12:32 AM
Me too! I'm expanding to Thurston instead of the Magic Garden first, but I need almost 100 more Royal Points. That's why in another thread I asked about which adventure you get an apple tree from. May be you may consider to build library. They?ll drop letter/book when you get a quest a letter to Agnes(If I remember correctly) then spellbooks when you have Wizard school.

I just defeated the troll king yesterday and I also needed more Royal points to expand to Sabina. I had thought to build more Wathtowers or Libraries to increase my Royal points faster. After I calculated :
Watchtower 60 RP 5,000 Collects 240c/4hr
PARTS: 3 Stone Blocks & 3 Wooden Beams

Library 90 RP 15,000. Collects 560c/8hr
PARTS: 5 Stone Block & 5 Wooden Beam

Library is more expensive but also earn more coins in 8 hours so save my energy and moreover it will drop other thing such as book later, meanwhile Watchtower only drops coins.

Then because I also just bought my Wizard school so I decided to build libraries. I have 4 libraries now and already enough Royal points to expand to Sabina, only need 5 more Wisp lantern to go!

RotomGuy
05-13-13, 12:57 PM
I can't do the Hunt Bandits quest because the Longswords are too expensive, the Dispel the Love quest drains me of all my Mermaid Scales, so I can only do the Search the Vault quest. Is it worth it to repeatedly do that quest? Is it possible to get an Apple Tree from it?

lotuskat
05-13-13, 01:03 PM
I can't do the Hunt Bandits quest because the Longswords are too expensive, the Dispel the Love quest drains me of all my Mermaid Scales, so I can only do the Search the Vault quest. Is it worth it to repeatedly do that quest? Is it possible to get an Apple Tree from it?

You can still get some decent items from the Search the Vault adventures, including rare drops such as White Cow, Orange Tree, and gems. I don't think there are many other uses for food, so I'd keep doing the adventures while building up your stock of other foods for the more expensive adventures over time.

vchanhs
05-13-13, 08:17 PM

Normally I will rotate between search the ancient vault and explore dark cave. The rewards sort of correspond to the amount of materials you use. I get better stuff with explore dark cave.

Oliver118
05-13-13, 11:29 PM
Normally I will rotate between search the ancient vault and explore dark cave. The rewards sort of correspond to the amount of materials you use. I get better stuff with explore dark cave.

I can only really do Search the Ancient Vault at the moment, and it's worth it.

catlady71
05-14-13, 02:39 PM
I got my golden apple from magic garden after collected from it for around 3 times. But because you haven?t got golden apple, it?s worth to try to get it from apple tree, may be better chance. Sir pigglesworth is cute and drops random unpredictable items, it didn?t give me longswords for couple days but suddenly yesterday it dropped 5 gems and twice! I just bought my first Wizard school and I hope you?ll get your golden apple soon :)

i decided to buy the apple tree and just got the golden apple on the first time :) so happy
thanks for your help

Oliver118
05-15-13, 09:39 PM
i decided to buy the apple tree and just got the golden apple on the first time :) so happy
thanks for your help

*gasp*Lucky you!

maguar
05-25-13, 09:01 PM
I've gone through and revise most of the strategies now.

kaif8770
05-27-13, 02:55 AM
The storage cellar is used to store buildings, not the resources. The maximum storage capacity of an item is 99

RotomGuy
05-27-13, 01:03 PM
Finally got a Sheep from quests! Now building Windmills should be easier.

Oliver118
05-27-13, 11:25 PM
Finally got a Sheep from quests! Now building Windmills should be easier.

I gasped this morning when I saw I had 23 gems, so just 12 more gems and I'll be able to buy a sheep and then I won't to struggle to get Iron Ore for the Fancy Blocks to complete my Stables, to get Wool, to craft Red Ribbons, for the Box of chocolates, for the V-Day feast for the V-Day adventure. Then I would use a Sheep to get Wool.

Oliver118
05-27-13, 11:26 PM
Also I want to see a cute little lamb in my kingdom (it's a bit cluttered, though, I hope my new lamb will like it!)

infinitelove19
08-29-13, 10:28 PM
So I'm fairly new, but would like to suggest a slight revision to your recommended order of building resource buildings. Unless people have a good stash of sap & other things necessary to build stable, they'll need a second sawmill & mine first. My stable has been sitting there unfinished for a whole day because of no sap for superglue & fancy beams & lack of stone, too. I also wasted some resources upgrading one sawmill as it only had 3 hours left then after upgrade had the full 3:47 to wait.
Also, I got my castle and couldn't go on quests because I hadn't thought to get a pig to make grits for the feast for the knight & didn't yet have the golden apple to claim pigglesworth! So putting a recommendation of having a pig BEFORE building your castle, (to make grits for the feast for the knight) would be great!

Aside from that I found the suggestions very helpful. After getting a 'special offer' I bought some gems, got the apple tree & a wizard school. Very glad for the recommendation about collecting often from the red mushroom ring as so far I have no shortage of glimmer dust, though I'm sure when it comes time to build Ivy's house this might change. Thanks so much! :-)

maguar
08-30-13, 05:40 AM
I guess the reason I put a stable before a second sawmill etc was it drops bacon, milk etc which are needed for quests. Also it's been a really long time since I started but I think in the early levels you're limited to the total amount of resource buildings (not just the 2 per type). If I'm wrong please let me know.

skip60046
08-30-13, 06:46 AM
I don't see any advantage to visiting neighbors or them visiting you like I do in dragon story. Can you tell me what advantage I get if someone visits my kingdom? My buildings still show the same amount of time before you can collect.

MiniLaura
08-30-13, 07:45 AM
I don't see any advantage to visiting neighbors or them visiting you like I do in dragon story. Can you tell me what advantage I get if someone visits my kingdom? My buildings still show the same amount of time before you can collect.
If someone visits your kingdom and taps a little heart, your building will be sparkling, and you get a bonus when you collect. Either 10% or 20% (I can't remember which) more coins or resources depending on what building is sparkling.

When you visit a neighbor, you get XP, coins, or energy whether or not you tap any hearts.

infinitelove19
08-30-13, 11:10 AM
I guess the reason I put a stable before a second sawmill etc was it drops bacon, milk etc which are needed for quests. Also it's been a really long time since I started but I think in the early levels you're limited to the total amount of resource buildings (not just the 2 per type). If I'm wrong please let me know.

Not sure... I'm on level 13 now & think I was still on level 12 with my unfinished stable & 2 sawmills & 2 mines & 1 hatchery. If there had been some sort of limit (other than 2/type) I would've been in even more trouble as I paid for the stable but didn't have the resources to finish it. If someone had played less intensely they might've collected enough resources from their single mine/sawmill to build it, but still it's worth mentioning. I chopped every last tree I had & still not enough sap!

Mostly it was the superglue & need for fancy beams & blocks that was so resource intensive! I'd suggest: Mine/sawmill, hatchery, 2nd mine/sawmill (if no significant stash of supplies) then stable. It probably depends how the person plays what is needed when. It's just that the stable & possibly hatchery take many more resources, needing glue & 'fancy' beams than the few peices that go into the mine & sawmill.

I'm crafting my last fancy beam/block right now! Stable is almost finished. :-)

maguar
10-14-13, 12:51 AM
To cut down on the number of stickies a game guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59861-Castle-Story-Game-Guide) has been created with a link to this (and other threads).

lifesakick
12-15-14, 06:57 PM
Thank you for the detailed information. I'll post a link to your thread on my own wall so visitors and neighbors may be helped, too.
Have a wonderful day, maguar. Or, night for your nightclub! ;)

SpiritWind00
12-15-14, 08:15 PM
Thank you for the detailed information. I'll post a link to your thread on my own wall so visitors and neighbors may be helped, too.
Have a wonderful day, maguar. Or, night for your nightclub! ;)

You would be better linking and advertising The Hub. It's more up to date and I'm creating new material soon. The game guide link is in the Hub too. Thanks! :)