PDA

View Full Version : How rare is Rare?

OriginalBlond
10-25-12, 02:37 AM
I just started playing Dragon Story and I just bred a Wizard Dragon. It looks like it is considered a rare dragon. Well, I was searching the forums for DS and I didn't see anything listing the rarity of rare. I guess what I am trying to say is, if a dragon is rare, does that mean a 1 in 10 chance to get that dragon? And ultra rare a 1 in 100 chance? ( just throwing some numbers out there, btw) I was just trying to see if I should be as excited as I am when I get a so called rare dragon.

suriasen
10-25-12, 03:39 AM
No one has the exact percentage..
But how to feel when you get rare?
Got common: disappointment
Got rare: poker face (flat)
Got super rare: jump and throwing fist to the sky
Got Ultra rare: tears of joy

rachelrachh
10-25-12, 04:28 AM
I've read on forums here that breeding Fire and Water will get you a Magic dragon. I tried that just now and voila, got a Magic dragon. If there are no other combos that gets you Magic Dragon, and since Fire and Water dragons are very easy to get, wouldn't you say the Magic dragon really should be considered a Common dragon? But I've seen it listed on the Breeding Guide sticky on this forum that Magic dragon is considered a rare dragon. Wonder why's that??? Or do some people not get Magic dragons when they breed Fire and Water?? Can anyone shed light on this?

rachelrachh
10-25-12, 04:33 AM
Ahhh it's okay... I just saw now that breeding Red and Blue can also get you the Athletic dragon, which is also considered Rare! So what is a Red and Blue hybrid that isn't rare??

buttrluv
10-25-12, 11:57 AM
No one has the exact percentage..
But how to feel when you get rare?
Got common: disappointment
Got rare: poker face (flat)
Got super rare: jump and throwing fist to the sky
Got Ultra rare: tears of joy

Lol that's exactly how I feel. Want to hear a wierd combo? I tried for a diamond (again) with a pumpkin and an island. Outcome was a magic dragon. Really odd....

bdocc
10-25-12, 12:17 PM
A rare of rare dragon is a like a familiar dragon (for me this was easy to get)

goughy999
10-25-12, 12:42 PM
A rare of rare dragon is a like a familiar dragon (for me this was easy to get)

Yea I got 2 of these in a row without ben trying. Same with the aether too

Takiofallen
10-25-12, 01:15 PM
go in to the game market to view all dragons
Ahhh it's okay... I just saw now that breeding Red and Blue can also get you the Athletic dragon, which is also considered Rare! So what is a Red and Blue hybrid that isn't rare??

piebandit
10-25-12, 01:18 PM
I've read on forums here that breeding Fire and Water will get you a Magic dragon. I tried that just now and voila, got a Magic dragon. If there are no other combos that gets you Magic Dragon, and since Fire and Water dragons are very easy to get, wouldn't you say the Magic dragon really should be considered a Common dragon? But I've seen it listed on the Breeding Guide sticky on this forum that Magic dragon is considered a rare dragon. Wonder why's that??? Or do some people not get Magic dragons when they breed Fire and Water?? Can anyone shed light on this?

true, magic and athletic are both rare. if you are breeding a fire dragon and a water dragon, then yeah, you're guaranteed one of those two. However, what if you were breeding an life dragon with a mist dragon? Then there are common outcomes as well, such as another life, fruitful, etc. Here, rare makes sense. as for percentages, I have no idea. I feel I got a roughly equivilent number of super rares to rares, especially considering some rares I've gotten don't have a super rare combo (2 tricksters)

LilOldLady
10-25-12, 01:30 PM
Lol that's exactly how I feel. Want to hear a wierd combo? I tried for a diamond (again) with a pumpkin and an island. Outcome was a magic dragon. Really odd....

Keep breeding the Pumpkin & Island a few times. I got a Magic egg from Life/Mist just before getting the Diamond with that combo. Actually I got the Magic, then a Scorpion, then Diamond. Who knows, it's worth the try!

Oh havens, I get giddy every time I put two Dragons into the den. Never know what egg is going to happen :)

OriginalBlond
10-25-12, 06:13 PM
Thank you suriasen!! That's exactly what I was looking for :-)

rachelrachh
10-26-12, 04:33 PM
true, magic and athletic are both rare. if you are breeding a fire dragon and a water dragon, then yeah, you're guaranteed one of those two. However, what if you were breeding an life dragon with a mist dragon? Then there are common outcomes as well, such as another life, fruitful, etc. Here, rare makes sense. as for percentages, I have no idea. I feel I got a roughly equivilent number of super rares to rares, especially considering some rares I've gotten don't have a super rare combo (2 tricksters)

Ahhh so... whether a dragon is considered rare or not is not based on how common its parents are... I see.

rachelrachh
10-26-12, 04:37 PM
Ahhh so... whether a dragon is considered rare or not is not based on how common its parents are... I see.

And I forgot to add...not only is it not based on how common its parents are but how many possible hybrids can emerge from those 2 common dragons... hmmm.. but me personally I think that should be taken into accoutn. Fire dragon is dead cheap... water dragon is not that expensive to buy... and there are only 2 possible outcomes... hmm.. surely it would make sense to take it into account when determining the rarity of a dragon. I wouldn't even bother trying to mate a life dragon with an island dragon just in case I get a Magic or Athletic... since the odds are far greater. It's almost like a 50:50 chance of getting a Magic or Athletic dragon if I breed a Fire and Water though :-)