PDA

View Full Version : Problem force closing when requesting maps

summersalt
10-24-12, 08:03 AM
I am having a problem requesting maps. Everytime i request maps from my neighbors dragon story force closes when i hit the send button. It always force closes. I just restart the app. But when i restart after requesting maps it says i have already requested from my friends even if i choose a different neighbor that i didnt request a map from. I do not receive any maps. Is anyone else having this problem? I cant expand.

kooky panda
10-24-12, 08:40 AM
What device do you play on?
What is the current version of the game ? Under menu-help- small number at the bottom of the screen.

Are you force closing when doing any other things in the game?

shalla666
10-24-12, 09:09 AM
I have the same problem, but if you check your newsfeed it actually should send the request. If you want to test it, add shalla666 and after I accept send me a request. Note that I'm on Eastern Time, it's 12:08 PM at the time of this posting, and after 5:00 PM tonight I'm going offline ... (celebrating 25th wedding anniversary)

summersalt
10-24-12, 09:14 AM
What device do you play on?
What is the current version of the game ? Under menu-help- small number at the bottom of the screen.

Are you force closing when doing any other things in the game?

Android.
Version 1.0.5.4
It force closes alot, usually returning to my island after "playing" on others islands. (In other story games that ive played i dont have to return home to get to news feed, but on this one i do and it usually says the game is not responding. I hit ok and it closes the app). I also force close if i look at someone island too long before writing on their wall. Another issue ive had is when i try to rearrange stuff on the island. Sometimes the whole screen moves up into the blue and then you have to force close the app because its frozen that way.

summersalt
10-24-12, 09:20 AM
I have the same problem, but if you check your newsfeed it actually should send the request. If you want to test it, add shalla666 and after I accept send me a request. Note that I'm on Eastern Time, it's 12:08 PM at the time of this posting, and after 5:00 PM tonight I'm going offline ... (celebrating 25th wedding anniversary)

Sure i will request you. However, i dont think it will let me send anyone a request at all. Even if i chose someone different from my friends list it says ive already requested help from my neighbors today. After the initial force close, come back and try further down in the list and it says same thing. I havent been requesting from all my neighbors because it has done this on multiple occasions, and its frustrating to check 100 boxes then force close. Plus i thought to many requests were causing it to force close so i tried like 20 and then after it force closed. I went back in and tried different people and it said i had already requested help from my neighbors. I figured there was something different in this game where u could literally only ask once a day even if you didnt ask everyone.

I will add you and give it a shot. I am on Eastern time as well. Thanks for our help. And.. Happy Anniversary!!!

summersalt
10-24-12, 09:28 AM
Your* help. :o). Need edit button

summersalt
10-24-12, 10:05 AM
Ok so i sent u a request and of course as irony would have it, it went right through. So i go back in and I picked four other neighbors out of my list, and it force closed. I only needed one more map so ur acceptance of my request will enable me to do my next expansion. .
I just tried again, and picked only one neighbor and the request sent.
Can I only request one map at a time? Lol

kooky panda
10-24-12, 10:57 AM
Ok so i sent u a request and of course as irony would have it, it went right through. So i go back in and I picked four other neighbors out of my list, and it force closed. I only needed one more map so ur acceptance of my request will enable me to do my next expansion. .
I just tried again, and picked only one neighbor and the request sent.
Can I only request one map at a time? Lol
You should be able to send numeruous requests. What is your specific android device?

summersalt
10-24-12, 01:51 PM
Droid 4. Still havent gotten any maps. So I really dont think the requests went through when it force closed.

kooky panda
10-24-12, 02:49 PM
Droid 4. Still havent gotten any maps. So I really dont think the requests went through when it force closed.
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
If you are still having issues, send an email to support@teamlava.com to check out your game.

summersalt
10-24-12, 03:40 PM
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
If you are still having issues, send an email to support@teamlava.com to check out your game.

Ok did that. Then proceeded to check 503 neighbors to request gifts since i porbably tried them all today and was fore closed. I figured if i did them all again i would find the 10 i accept today. It force closed. When i came back into the app, i saw one neighbor request by the name of dragon island (being that there is no shortage of those) i had to try to request from 15 people and it force closed again, and i came back to write this. So no luck with redownloading. I force close all the time. But nothing is more frustrating than not being able to expand over one map. With 503 neighbors. Im sure theres at least one person that would have sent me one besides stormie, unelss there is something i dont know. If u accept gold can u not accept naps, and vice versa. Like the other poster said she sees the same thing but she receives the maps. I dont unless i accepted to many gold?

summersalt
10-24-12, 03:42 PM
Would really like an edit button on posts. English is my first language, so kind of embarrassed when i reread my texts. But i ant see the entire thing on my phone since i write books. Sorry for my inability to proofread

summersalt
10-24-12, 03:46 PM
I really dont want to write team lava support. I wish someone else would just post to tell me if i am doing something wrong? I kind of feel ridiculous even posting stuff asking for help with a game. How could they check out my game? How would mine be different from anyone elses? Im a biochemist not an IT person. Sorry.

kooky panda
10-24-12, 04:09 PM
You should be receiving maps. Sometimes they may be delayed, but your request should be going out.
Sometimes you can get a corrupted file in the game, but uninstalling and reinstalling should solve this issue.
Since you have already uninstalled and re installed from the market, something else is going on.

Support may be able to find something in your game that is causing this. They are the only ones that can physically look into your game.