PDA

View Full Version : Farm Update of today

christelle33
10-24-12, 01:40 AM
This morning, I loaded the 24th october update of Farm Story.

And now, I can't open the game any more. White screen.

I tried
- to close the game, and start it again
- to desinstall et reinstall the game

Nothing worked ... Help !

kooky panda
10-24-12, 05:27 AM
Try clearing your cache then uninstall and reinstall again. If still issues, send an email to support@teamlava.com

christelle33
10-24-12, 07:13 AM
Cache cleared, game uninstalled and reinstalled again
But no change ...

email sent, thanks

bellblk
10-24-12, 10:51 AM
Hi
the same thing is happening to me did you get help yet i am still waiting.

FrozenTurtle
10-24-12, 11:01 AM
Thanks for reporting this guys! We're currently looking into the issue.

nmishii
10-24-12, 11:03 AM
Try to move your TL games and other large applications to your SD card to free up memory on your device. It might be a memory issue.

For those who can't open your games, what device do you have, and is it recent or old? A number of people with my device (Galaxy S) have posted on Google Play that they can't get in, and it may be because we have older devices with less memory and/or processing power.

dwt30
10-24-12, 11:12 AM
Same issue here. Playing on Galaxy S as well. Already sent email to support. Game updated while I was playing. Kicked me out. White screen when game tries to load then kicks out again. Cleared cache, deleted app, installed app again, rebooted between each step. Same problem.

pinkster73
10-24-12, 11:50 AM
It must be the 'inferior device' issue again.

traderjoe10001
10-24-12, 03:43 PM
I can not access my farm. The app tries to launch but fails and returns me to my home screen. I've tried shutting down my phone, restarting it. I've uninstalled and then reinstalled the farm app, with no success. I last accessed my farm yesterday to harvest and replant, planning ahead to harvest this morning. However i had no luck in doing so today. Im using a Motorola android version 2.2.2 with farm story game version 1.9.5.1 . What should I do now to gain access to my farm?

LisaLaraine
10-24-12, 08:42 PM
My fiance' is using the Galaxy S and is having the same issue and followed the same steps as those above. Definitely game issue!

LisaLaraine
10-24-12, 08:43 PM
I say 'game' issue, as the game should notify those without newer phones that it won't be compatible, or just not download the update. Now what are the players supposed to do?

lylahmae
10-25-12, 05:49 AM
It must be the 'inferior device' issue again.

Good thing you didn't update pinkster we know how inferior your device is:p.

dwt30
10-25-12, 06:10 AM
Update. Deleted app this morning and reinstalled. Can get into the game now. Still buggy and kicks me out often but at least I can get in. Now I have the dreaded tap to manage feature. Load time for farms is slow and game is generally very laggy now. Also have another unwanted icon on the screen. Would be nice to see all of a farm without all the extra junk in the way!

bbieprnc
10-25-12, 06:36 AM
Update. Deleted app this morning and reinstalled. Can get into the game now. Still buggy and kicks me out often but at least I can get in. Now I have the dreaded tap to manage feature. Load time for farms is slow and game is generally very laggy now. Also have another unwanted icon on the screen. Would be nice to see all of a farm without all the extra junk in the way!

And as I posted on another thread, there is way too many issues, it never should've been released to public...besides force closes, farms don't fully load, game is very slow, freezes up my phone entirely, I have to pull the battery out to be able to restart the phone!! My neighbor list doesn't show all names - I have blanks with star ratings!!!

DaojinWildfire
10-25-12, 10:36 AM
We have released Farm Story 1.9.5.2 (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.farmstory&hl=en). This update fixes the issue when several players were unable to load the game after updating to Farm Story 1.9.5.1. Please let us know if there are any other issues loading the game.

badoodie
10-25-12, 04:21 PM
Don't know what performance issues TL was attempting to fix but this new update has created a whole bunch of new performance issues. Gameplay is now very slow and lags long after I've tapped the screen. Posting on walls is slow. As if clearing crops wasn't slow before it's even slower now. Scrolling the farm around is incredibly jumpy. I won't even get into the tap to manage issues since the IOS players have that covered. And the goals, seriously? Android players, if you haven't updated your FS save your self the headache and don't do it!

And this is even after today's additional update.

dwt30
10-26-12, 08:39 AM
Don't know what performance issues TL was attempting to fix but this new update has created a whole bunch of new performance issues. Gameplay is now very slow and lags long after I've tapped the screen. Posting on walls is slow. As if clearing crops wasn't slow before it's even slower now. Scrolling the farm around is incredibly jumpy. I won't even get into the tap to manage issues since the IOS players have that covered. And the goals, seriously? Android players, if you haven't updated your FS save your self the headache and don't do it!

And this is even after today's additional update.

I have all the issues you stated plus if I get a text or call while in game, it locks up everything. Have to remove/replace the battery in order to use my phone. Also the push messages cause my phone to lock up when I am not in game. It's so bad that I am going to have to plant some flowers and delete the app until TL fixes this.

dwt30
10-28-12, 07:55 AM
Have you tried restarting your game since you updated?
Do you have any other apps open in the background?
Also, can you please send us an email, support@teamlava.com, on this issue including your Storm8 ID? This will help us look into this further.

Yes to restart, no to other apps.

I am done with emailing support. I send Storm8 ID, device type, problem desc., etc etc etc. All I get is the generic email back asking me for everything that I already gave them in my original email. If they can't be bothered to read my email then why would I think that sending the same info again is going to help me any. Currently load app, pick and plant, delete app. Will do this until problem is fixed or that I just don't the app again.

Sorry to all my nbrs! Miss yall