PDA

View Full Version : my thoughts on expansion and our factories getting in the way of our cities

mylittlelego
10-23-12, 06:42 PM
TL, do we really need to spend a fortune of coins for expanding one little square I feel that it's not fair because we want our cities to be big and concentrate more on buying buildings rather than spend our time and money on a little square of land I would appreciate greatly if you can at least lower down the cost of expansions by 30 percent or increase the land of what we paid for. Now my thoughts on factories do they HAVE to take our space that we can use for more buildings or can we just produce goods like the way they do in fashion story NOT placing it in our building space there is no way we can build our " dream city " with factories in the middle of it I know I mentioned this back then but please TL take notice and do something about this.

hotbeef
10-23-12, 11:27 PM
TL, do we really need to spend a fortune of coins for expanding one little square I feel that it's not fair because we want our cities to be big and concentrate more on buying buildings rather than spend our time and money on a little square of land I would appreciate greatly if you can at least lower down the cost of expansions by 30 percent or increase the land of what we paid for. Now my thoughts on factories do they HAVE to take our space that we can use for more buildings or can we just produce goods like the way they do in fashion story NOT placing it in our building space there is no way we can build our " dream city " with factories in the middle of it I know I mentioned this
back then but please TL take notice and do something about this.

Good luck with this request. If you don't like the factories then store em so your fake city looks more appealing

benbever
10-24-12, 08:17 AM
Expanding in the beginning is cheap, but it gets more expensive later on. This is a staple in the TL games; if you want a big city you have to play a lot and have patience. I see no reason for them to change that.
The factories are limited to six in total, so they take up 24 squares max. Not much in percentage of a big city. If you don't like how they look (all three designs) then you can just store them away. You are also not forced to put them in the middle of your city, you could place them in a corner.

bdocc
10-24-12, 08:19 AM
I don't feel like expanding anymore it's so expensive!

Charsville
10-25-12, 07:54 PM
They wont make it easier or cheaper to expand. They would lose money since some people use gems to expand faster. Also, they don't know how to keep big cities from crashing. More big cities equal more requests for help.

mylittlelego
10-25-12, 09:02 PM
They wont make it easier or cheaper to expand. They would lose money since some people use gems to expand faster. Also, they don't know how to keep big cities from crashing. More big cities equal more requests for help.

oh now i understand

nmid
11-07-12, 05:37 PM
Actually the cost never hurt me... It just pushed me to make a stupid city with unconnected roads to maximise the value of each block in every sector I had, till I ran out and had to expand.
Right now, the 25,000 coins it's charging me isn't a pain, but I'm still not expanding as I haven't filled up my freak city.

Now if I had actually wanted to make a pretty well planned city, it would have been a different matter.

In a nutshell, the expensive expansions made me do something that I don't mind doing... Maximising my pop while minimising my expansion.

SenseiNJ
02-05-13, 10:38 AM
Right now I've reached the point where an expansion requires 80,000 coins, 64 permits and 2 days to complete. Does anyone know if these values increase later on in the game? It takes quite some time to meet the requirements for one single expansion (I.e. without gems).

threeway5
02-05-13, 02:16 PM
I'm up to 80,000 coins & 64 permits for 3 Days.

Fortunately it seems that once you reach 80,000 coins & 64 permits only the time taken to expand increases.

I've over read somewhere before that expansions can take up to 5 days! Can anyone confirm this?

hotbeef
02-22-13, 08:18 PM
I'm up to 80,000 coins & 64 permits for 3 Days.

Fortunately it seems that once you reach 80,000 coins & 64 permits only the time taken to expand increases.

I've over read somewhere before that expansions can take up to 5 days! Can anyone confirm this?

Charsville stated in a previous post about expansions taking 2 weeks to complete