PDA

View Full Version : Something That Has Been Annoying Me

Horntail21
10-23-12, 10:28 AM
Ok so this happens to me everyday. I go to the game when I haven't been there for a while and start collecting my coins or planting crops and about halfway in my game lags and the progress indicator starts flashing near my goals tab. Then it undoes half of the things I just did and I have to do them over. Like if i am collecting, after the glitch I have to collect again on the last five habitats I tried. Not a big deal. I don't lose anything it's just annoying. Oh and I am not making any progress on the goal that it keeps saying I am making progress on. It's the Planet goal that I can't get. I go to the goal and it says progress even though the last thing I have to do is to breed the little bugger.

[S8] Elsa
10-23-12, 10:45 AM
Aw, sorry to hear that you're having lag issues. The performance of the game is contingent on a few different factors. Please make sure that you don't have a lot of apps running in the background and that you have a good, stable internet connection. ^_^

Is the goal you're working on called Admiral Planet? Please confirm so we can check this out for you. :)

Horntail21
10-23-12, 10:55 AM
Aw, sorry to hear that you're having lag issues. The performance of the game is contingent on a few different factors. Please make sure that you don't have a lot of apps running in the background and that you have a good, stable internet connection. ^_^

Is the goal you're working on called Admiral Planet? Please confirm so we can check this out for you. :)

Yes that's the one and I will try your suggestions as well.

[S8] Elsa
10-23-12, 11:14 AM
Yes that's the one and I will try your suggestions as well.

I checked out Admiral Planet. The progress notice you see occurs when you close down the game and open it. It appears the goal is reading the other tasks (Have 2 Magic Banners, Have 2 Fire Banners) and checking them off each time, even though you've already completed the task. It's cosmetic and doesn't have any affect on the ability to progress in the game. I'll report this over to the team.

P.S. If that's a Harry Potter reference, nice username choice. ^_^

nmishii
10-23-12, 11:57 AM
I checked out Admiral Planet. The progress notice you see occurs when you close down the game and open it. It appears the goal is reading the other tasks (Have 2 Magic Banners, Have 2 Fire Banners) and checking them off each time, even though you've already completed the task. It's cosmetic and doesn't have any affect on the ability to progress in the game. I'll report this over to the team.

The same progress notice also occurs for Floral Coral.

goughy999
10-23-12, 12:03 PM
This happens to me also, very annoying.

Horntail21
10-23-12, 12:06 PM

Thanks for that info and yes that's where I got the name. I'm never good at names for these games. Just popped into my head.

dragonolic
10-23-12, 12:26 PM
Same here

savage_mel
10-23-12, 01:43 PM
This happens to me all the time too. But not just in DS. In other games as well. Like in BS, I'll serve all my food then the game will lag, process, blah blah and I have to serve all my food over again. Same with collecting tips. And in FS, the same will happen when I'm harvesting and I'll have to start all over again. It IS very annoying.

spiralraindrop
10-23-12, 02:24 PM
Ok so this happens to me everyday. I go to the game when I haven't been there for a while and start collecting my coins or planting crops and about halfway in my game lags and the progress indicator starts flashing near my goals tab. Then it undoes half of the things I just did and I have to do them over. Like if i am collecting, after the glitch I have to collect again on the last five habitats I tried. Not a big deal. I don't lose anything it's just annoying. Oh and I am not making any progress on the goal that it keeps saying I am making progress on. It's the Planet goal that I can't get. I go to the goal and it says progress even though the last thing I have to do is to breed the little bugger.

That's exactly what happens to me. :(

kooky panda
10-23-12, 02:31 PM
When you leave your game open when you are not playing, the game will go dormant. When you come back to play, it takes a little time to catch up with the servers and start saving your progress.
It is best to always force close or exit your game when you are not playing.
If you do leave it open, when you come back to play, do not start collecting , planting etc right away. Exit out of all the pops up, then go visit a nbr. Then when you come back home, your game should be synced up with the servers.

This should help eliminate the need to have to redo actions.

dragonolic
10-23-12, 02:59 PM
But it takes forever to load then, so it really isn't saving us time.

kooky panda
10-23-12, 03:55 PM
It may take time to load, but it can also prevent some of the out of sync errors players get in the middle of doing something.
Especially the ones where you use gold to speed up, then you part of your progress is lost and your gold is gone, but the speeding up the egg is not complete and does not get saved.

kwhales
10-23-12, 04:07 PM
same here and it just started today. last evening i downloaded the original version. since then, I have lagging issues and have to redo stuff i just did. I have now deleted the original game and just have New Dawn. Issue is gone. Haven't had a lag or redo since.