PDA

View Full Version : TL Needs to post an OFFICIAL Breeding calculator.

Takiofallen
10-23-12, 09:24 AM
Ok i am 100% sure that the breeding formula that they used for the game is beyond flawed. Forget the fact that we now know they can go in to our breeding dens and change out comes, there paired breedings don't even add up properly. Case in point when you breed water and diamond a failed breeding is a water dragon. If you breed diamond and light a failed breeding is a light.

Ok so i have bred a diamond and an ice-cream about 12 times now and all i get are winters and ice creams ? I'm not actually complaining about the failed results but should't i get a water or light dragon sometimes? It's just does not add up to me. it's almost like the diamond element is not in the equation.

Horntail21
10-23-12, 10:19 AM
I can only figure this much. When breeding a diamond with a pure a fail is only a pure. When you breed a diamond with a hybrid a fail is a hybrid of the two colors the hybrid is made of. I think you nailed it. Upon a fail it's like the diamond isn't involved at all.

[S8] Elsa
10-23-12, 10:56 AM
We don't have an official breeding calculator, but a user made a nice one that you can find a link to under the Fan Links forum. ^_^

Takiofallen
10-23-12, 01:03 PM
I am aware of the calculator but it's not OFFICIAL.(and it to is also flawed as it also lacks this outcome with that pairing) It's 3rd party which means it could be totally wrong. With an OFFICIAL Calculator Made by the people who made the game we will know what ACTUALLY works not what works based off assumption. Again the only reason i ask is because there is no way in that breeding pair should i NEVER be able to fail with a pure water or pure light. It means something is DEFINITELY wrong with your breeding formula. And if it's here it must be in other places as well. People could be out there breeding, waisting there time with 2 dragons that have no chance of getting the results they want. I know people complain about a lot of things but at a minimum we should know what WILL and WON'T work, and at the end of the day only TL can tell us this. Even if it's a list of what actually works it should be available to the people who support this game.

Can you provide an answer for why i can't get this fail?
We don't have an official breeding calculator, but a user made a nice one that you can find a link to under the Fan Links forum. ^_^

dragonolic
10-23-12, 08:50 PM
I just bred infinity and Icecream, and have a 12 hr timer for light. So the hybrid + diamond = same hybrid is out :(

dragonolic
10-23-12, 08:51 PM
Sorry, 12 r timer for winter

jimtsang
10-25-12, 03:31 AM
Click the following link

http://dragon-story.wikia.com/wiki/Breeding_Calculator

Garellie14
10-25-12, 04:01 AM
I agree, they really need to give us an official one

brohim
10-25-12, 04:32 AM
The diamond element acts as a copy to the other elements when the result is a fail. So if you breed a diamond and a blue you will get blue. Diamond and light/blue, you will get a light/blue dragon.

brohim
10-25-12, 04:39 AM
It blows my mind how this forum is filled with breeding topics. Does it not come under common sense, seriously. Frustrates me so much.

Takiofallen
10-25-12, 08:01 AM
what you are saying makes no sense at all. we are told when breeding 2 hybrids dragons that 2 elements will be mixed in any combination (except in the case you breed a diamond when all are mixed. ) So if one is a diamond and the other is water your fail should be water. The way your looking at it you mixing all3 elements all the time. another example is if what you say is right the diamond and light element never mix so you can never get an angel out of that combo, because the way you think it works is the three mix all the time. And this again is why we need an OFFICIAL because everyone THINKS they know how it works
The diamond element acts as a copy to the other elements when the result is a fail. So if you breed a diamond and a blue you will get blue. Diamond and light/blue, you will get a light/blue dragon.

Takiofallen
10-25-12, 08:08 AM
This is a game that is based around breeding thats what most of the topics would be about. Common sense plays no part in this when you don't know what factors play in to breeding. If TL told us the exact factors that played in breeding then there would be no topics on it
It blows my mind how this forum is filled with breeding topics. Does it not come under common sense, seriously. Frustrates me so much.

tr8on
10-25-12, 08:37 AM
This is a game that is based around breeding thats what most of the topics would be about. Common sense plays no part in this when you don't know what factors play in to breeding. If TL told us the exact factors that played in breeding then there would be no topics on it
I see your point... but they won't. Cuz some people are smart enough to figure things out that TL doesn't want you to know. So they will NEVER give us exact factors for anything... they want to make money. It's all business.

It's like a secret recipe... chefs want you to buy their products cuz you CAN'T make them... why would they tell you?

Takiofallen
10-25-12, 09:07 AM
Even with a secret recipe you still know what your getting. If it's pizza it's pizza. If its red velvet cake it's red velvet cake, that does not change. The secret is that ingredient that makes it taste different but it is still what it is. I don't want a secret on how to get exactly what i want i just want to know what won't work. The third party breeding calculator is great but if there are any flaws we don't know. we all know a firestorm and Island can get you a diamond. we know because people have done it but just because you know it works does not guarantee you will get one. We don't know if a island and griffin would work officially, so if it can't i don't want to waste days breeding it. Giving us an Official calculator will not give anyone an edge .
I see your point... but they won't. Cuz some people are smart enough to figure things out that TL doesn't want you to know. So they will NEVER give us exact factors for anything... they want to make money. It's all business.

It's like a secret recipe... chefs want you to buy their products cuz you CAN'T make them... why would they tell you?

tr8on
10-25-12, 09:50 AM
Even with a secret recipe you still know what your getting. If it's pizza it's pizza. If its red velvet cake it's red velvet cake, that does not change. The secret is that ingredient that makes it taste different but it is still what it is. I don't want a secret on how to get exactly what i want i just want to know what won't work. The third party breeding calculator is great but if there are any flaws we don't know. we all know a firestorm and Island can get you a diamond. we know because people have done it but just because you know it works does not guarantee you will get one. We don't know if a island and griffin would work officially, so if it can't i don't want to waste days breeding it. Giving us an Official calculator will not give anyone an edge .
Gotcha! :)

LilOldLady
10-25-12, 10:28 AM
TakioFallen, you present a valid argument. Maybe TL uses your analogy of Pizza=Pizza and Red Velvet Cake=Red Velvet Cake in their programme. Their secret ingredient is randomness

Not being a wise acre here. The logic is randomness. How could I have gotten a Magic egg from a Life/Green & Red and a Mist/Blue & Yellow. There is no Purple; yet the programme generated a Magic/Purple. Yes, Red & Blue in this game generate Purple, but...

Hmmm, maybe they employ Chaos Principle! Probability and Logic, in its strictest sense, is not going to work in DS, of that I'm convinced.

Horntail21
10-25-12, 10:44 AM
Not being a wise acre here. The logic is randomness. How could I have gotten a Magic egg from a Life/Green & Red and a Mist/Blue & Yellow. There is no Purple; yet the programme generated a Magic/Purple. Yes, Red & Blue in this game generate Purple, but...

That doesn't seem random to me really. You got one color trait from each parent. It chose red + Blue so you were either getting an Athletic or a Magic.

Takiofallen
10-25-12, 11:04 AM
There is some randomness involved there is no doubt about it because you could have also bred an athletic dragon. My thing is that it's not completely random if so when you breed all 4 elements your results would always be random but people show tendencies to breed one element over another. how could some breed 12 honeys bees but just one parakeet? If you did a home D.S. experiment and had 4 marbles that equaled the elements then Randomly grabbed 2, i can guarantee you would not pick a pair at an astronomically higher rate then another, because that is truly random. how can people breed all 4 elements in an attempt to get a diamond but yet most of the fails are water/forests dragons or forest/fire dragons? there should be at least some common dragon fails that reflect the other elements.
TakioFallen, you present a valid argument. Maybe TL uses your analogy of Pizza=Pizza and Red Velvet Cake=Red Velvet Cake in their programme. Their secret ingredient is randomness

Hmmm, maybe they employ Chaos Principle! Probability and Logic, in its strictest sense, is not going to work in DS, of that I'm convinced.

LilOldLady
10-25-12, 12:45 PM
TakioFallen, you marble analogy is excellent. Much the way I've been thinking of this as a stacked shell game where you pick two shells and the marbles keep getting added back and mixed around again. Add in a purple marble with the red, green, yellow, blue and the combinations are (almost) limitless.

Yes, there is the possibility of each "island" being weighted for certain colour(s), like the 12 Honeybee example. I was looking at an island where there were at least a half-dozen Atlantis. My own game seems weighted to Blue/Red/Purple. IF the game is weighted per "island" then that would explain why people with multiple accounts/devices have so radically different results on each one.

Maybe even the Devs aren't sure HOW it's all going to play out. That's the randomness I'm thinking about... They set it into motion and possibly are just as astonished as we players are with the results of dragon breedings.

Takiofallen
10-25-12, 12:58 PM
you know what if what you said is true it would make me feel better. just wish they would come out and say it
TakioFallen, you marble analogy is excellent. Much the way I've been thinking of this as a stacked shell game where you pick two shells and the marbles keep getting added back and mixed around again. Add in a purple marble with the red, green, yellow, blue and the combinations are (almost) limitless.

Yes, there is the possibility of each "island" being weighted for certain colour(s), like the 12 Honeybee example. I was looking at an island where there were at least a half-dozen Atlantis. My own game seems weighted to Blue/Red/Purple. IF the game is weighted per "island" then that would explain why people with multiple accounts/devices have so radically different results on each one.

Maybe even the Devs aren't sure HOW it's all going to play out. That's the randomness I'm thinking about... They set it into motion and possibly are just as astonished as we players are with the results of dragon breedings.

brohim
10-26-12, 02:25 AM
what you are saying makes no sense at all. we are told when breeding 2 hybrids dragons that 2 elements will be mixed in any combination (except in the case you breed a diamond when all are mixed. ) So if one is a diamond and the other is water your fail should be water. The way your looking at it you mixing all3 elements all the time. another example is if what you say is right the diamond and light element never mix so you can never get an angel out of that combo, because the way you think it works is the three mix all the time. And this again is why we need an OFFICIAL because everyone THINKS they know how it works

What are you on about. I'm not mixing 3 elements all the time. Diamond + Single Element, Fail = Single Element. Diamond + Hybrid, Fail = Hybrid (any hybrid with those 2 elements). If you're breeding Diamond with a light/blue. Success = Diamond/light or Diamond/blue. Fail = Light/blue. If you are trying for a particular diamond, dont use hybrids lol.

I seriously don't think there are any factors in breeding. Have the right elements, the rest is up to chance. This is my opinion and I'm sticking by it. The only thing I'm skeptical about is the time of day in which you breed. I've gotten a few diamonds on DS and MS at 10:30am. Might also explain why people are heavy on some dragons. But I doubt it =P

Takiofallen
10-26-12, 08:04 AM
BROHIM your making my argument for me. You think there are no factors in breeding but your skeptical about time? Thats a factor good brother. As far as mixing elements i was mixing because even if i failed i would get something i didn't have which worked and turned out to be a dream dragon.

Yet again you make my argument form me, we have been told that when breeding multiple elements 2 of the elements are chosen, then bred and then we get a result. In your example you are mixing 3 elements in a fail which is not what we are told on how the breeding for the game works. you are saying any 2 elements bred against a diamond which makes the 3rd and fails defaults to the non diamond elements. If we were to change the diamond element to a forest element according to how you think this works a failed forest breeding with an air/fire hybrid would equal an air/fire. so now the forest element does not count? It should not work like that.

What my final point is you are basically saying the diamond element has it's own breeding rules and again TL could solve this just by giving us an OFFICIAL breeding calculator.

Takiofallen
05-05-13, 02:51 PM
This statement still stands now. Giving us an official breeding calculator will not help us breed better but would surly clear up an misconceptions.

roni122285
05-05-13, 04:45 PM
This statement still stands now. Giving us an official breeding calculator will not help us breed better but would surly clear up an misconceptions.

Yeah especially with the colors splitting more now.