PDA

View Full Version : New update on Dragon Story

Nefertekas
10-22-12, 02:46 PM
There's an update for Dragon Story in the App Store. Unsure of whether I will update right now or wait till later.

Thoughts?

Lolas_Kryptonite
10-22-12, 02:50 PM
Nah.... I'll wait for someone else to update it & read their comments.

For some reason, I don't think the update will be for the better lol

badger8
10-22-12, 02:52 PM
Probably a "fix" for the old version food glitch. I'll wait, thank you.

Nefertekas
Nah.... I'll wait for someone else to update it & read their comments.

For some reason, I don't think the update will be for the better lol

Ditto xD

mattyboo1
It will probably raise the light dragon food amounts to the high prices

Nefertekas
10-22-12, 02:53 PM
It will probably raise the light dragon food amounts to the high prices

Yes, and stll no confirm button. That's my guess xD

Lolas_Kryptonite
10-22-12, 02:55 PM
Probably a "fix" for the old version food glitch. I'll wait, thank you.

Absolutely.

New features
Bug fixes
Additional content

You ain't slick TL!!!

Nefertekas
10-22-12, 03:03 PM
And they kept us entertained with the LE dragons. XD I didn't get one, so no update for me!

sweetstuff525
10-22-12, 03:11 PM
I'm good with this version lol until its force upon us... I won't be the beta tester on the update

Nefertekas
10-22-12, 03:13 PM
I'm good with this version lol until its force upon us... I won't be the beta tester on the update
Well, apparently nobody will then? Hahaha :p

Lolas_Kryptonite
10-22-12, 03:22 PM

SOMEBODY will.... there's bound to be an angry post about the updates by this time tomorrow. lol.
Until then? I'll just chill.

sweetstuff525
10-22-12, 03:23 PM

Maybe those that don't come to forum will.... But us here know what the update coins since staff members said" we know about this and it will be fixed in the next update." lol

Lolas_Kryptonite
10-22-12, 03:28 PM
Maybe those that don't come to forum will.... But us here know what the update coins since staff members said" we know about this and it will be fixed in the next update." lol

I wonder what else would be "fixed"? My curiosity gets the better of me. lol. I thought I'd at least have until Christmas to get my light dragons to epic!
That's it, no other dragons get fed until the lights are adults!

sweetstuff525
10-22-12, 03:40 PM
I wonder what else would be "fixed"? My curiosity gets the better of me. lol. I thought I'd at least have until Christmas to get my light dragons to epic!

I just got 10 to epic in order to buy the light boost... But I still dont want to update.. Even though I'm not breeding anymore lights at the momment

Nefertekas
10-22-12, 03:47 PM
I just got 10 to epic in order to buy the light boost... But I still dont want to update.. Even though I'm not breeding anymore lights at the momment
Well, if mine were evolved I might try updating, but I still don't have a few of the light ones and would like to evolve them in days, as opposed to weeks, so yeah. XD I still understand you not wanting to update. I wonder, indeed, what else is in store in that update? Lol

Nefertekas
10-22-12, 03:50 PM

Right-o! But I'm curious too... What else have they fixed? I bet it was nothing at all. This uodate is for the older version of Ds right? Not including New Dawn? Then I bet it's just the food "glitch" and maybe a few other minor, nigh un-noticable things. The main stuff we've been asking for, to increase playability (like the confirm button, or a SELECT ALL for your neighbors and other neighbor-related stuff) have probably not even been addressed. So, meh.

kwhales
10-22-12, 04:28 PM
just went into my apps store. Nothing to update. Maybe just the people who had the old game got an update. I only had New Dawn and I didn't get an update indicator.

kwhales
10-22-12, 04:30 PM
Does anyone know what would happen to New Dawn if you download the older version of the game after New Dawn is already loaded and running?

sweetstuff525
10-22-12, 04:36 PM
just went into my apps store. Nothing to update. Maybe just the people who had the old game got an update. I only had New Dawn and I didn't get an update indicator.

Yeah the update is for the old version ... I have it installed since I been using it to feed my light dragons

sweetstuff525
10-22-12, 04:37 PM
Does anyone know what would happen to New Dawn if you download the older version of the game after New Dawn is already loaded and running?

Nothing I have been having both versions installed since new dawn came up

Takiofallen
10-22-12, 04:38 PM
Yeah it's only for the old version of DS so i'm sure it's all about the food

kwhales
10-22-12, 04:47 PM
Nothing I have been having both versions installed since new dawn came up

Thanks. I wanted to add the older version, but wasn't sure if I should or could.

Takiofallen
10-22-12, 04:57 PM
It's to later to do it now. There are no benefits....... wait actually there is. Kwhales you just volunteered to let us know what the update is about. Thanks man for take one for your DS family lol..... let us know what they changed when you download it.
Thanks. I wanted to add the older version, but wasn't sure if I should or could.

kwhales
10-22-12, 05:03 PM
Got a question before I download it. --- HOW WILL I KNOW WHAT CHANGED IF I NEVER HAD IT BEFORE (the old one that is).

kwhales
10-22-12, 05:04 PM
If i add it now, the update should be already attached to the game and I won't get an update at the apps store. or will I?

Takiofallen
10-22-12, 05:09 PM
ok The first this is the food amounts it takes to feed light dragons. In the old DS all dragons take the same amount, unlike in new dawn it cost way more so just look at your light dragons on the old DS. I am 95% that will be the only change since there is no up date for new dawn.
Got a question before I download it. --- HOW WILL I KNOW WHAT CHANGED IF I NEVER HAD IT BEFORE (the old one that is).

Takiofallen
10-22-12, 05:11 PM
If i add it now, the update should be already attached to the game and I won't get an update at the apps store. or will I?

yeah you should be good to go since you will only be allowed to update to the most recent version they provide.

plataneros
10-22-12, 05:12 PM
I did the update I didn't see no new content or any changes.. But I dnt have any light dragon to see if the amout if food went up.. I think that's what it was for so.. My advise DO NOT UPDATE!

kwhales
10-22-12, 05:13 PM
OK It is still downloading. It will take me a little while to get light. Depending on how fast I can gather coins to buy one.

kwhales
10-22-12, 05:17 PM
Ok its downloaded and it carried over my new dawn game. got a little problem with finding out how much food it will take to feed my light, She's (it) is "making magic" for the next 11 hours--breeding a winter I think. Sorry. I will post here tomorrow morning and let you know.

Takiofallen
10-22-12, 05:40 PM
cool thanks
Ok its downloaded and it carried over my new dawn game. got a little problem with finding out how much food it will take to feed my light, She's (it) is "making magic" for the next 11 hours--breeding a winter I think. Sorry. I will post here tomorrow morning and let you know.

darkrandy
10-22-12, 05:46 PM
Downloaded

Yes food glitch has been fixed
Also speed has been improved, Tree of Light now shows on the update.
The rest seems to be the same

Will check expansion once the current one is finished.

darkrandy
10-22-12, 05:47 PM
I prefer the old version colors by far, so I will probably stick to this one for now...

kwhales
10-22-12, 05:47 PM
got a question, totally off topic. but....is it possible to view someone else's Island by using their ID if you are not a neighbor and do not necessarily want to add them as a neighbor (just to take a peek). I looked but the only way i could find is to add as neighbor.

darkrandy
10-22-12, 05:51 PM
There is no such function as far as I know

kwhales
10-22-12, 05:53 PM
Just to let you know, my morning is eastern US time. and it will be around 8:00 am before I get my light back home. So you don't have to keep checking until then.

Takiofallen
10-22-12, 05:56 PM
nope you can request them as a friend then visit and after they accept you delete them from your friends list.
got a question, totally off topic. but....is it possible to view someone else's Island by using their ID if you are not a neighbor and do not necessarily want to add them as a neighbor (just to take a peek). I looked but the only way i could find is to add as neighbor.

darkrandy
10-22-12, 05:57 PM
I think thats all the changes

*think*

Takiofallen
10-22-12, 05:57 PM
Thank you sir
Downloaded

Yes food glitch has been fixed
Also speed has been improved, Tree of Light now shows on the update.
The rest seems to be the same

Will check expansion once the current one is finished.

darkrandy
10-22-12, 05:58 PM
Goals are the same on both versions now too

kooky panda
10-22-12, 06:46 PM
The regular Dragon Story game with this new update, is the most current version to be playing now.

jrodt333
10-22-12, 06:50 PM
Lol we Android users didn't even get the update yet.

moostermine
10-22-12, 08:57 PM
Did! Before thinking duh! Yup increases food requirements, might want to warn your friends!

muggapug
10-22-12, 09:18 PM
The description in the App store describes this game 'evolve your dragons through four -4-stages' to reach epic form. I think people who started playing recently may already have had four evolutions per dragon, but that would be a big change for me.

willis0032
10-22-12, 09:22 PM
I updated and I now have a gold tree. It doesn't seem to do anything. Does anyone know what it is?

bigbux3
10-22-12, 09:53 PM
I don't see any update.

theclumsypotato
10-22-12, 09:54 PM
I just ran to the play store to make sure that I didn't have automatic updating enabled, haha.

kwhales
10-23-12, 03:02 AM
The regular Dragon Story game with this new update, is the most current version to be playing now.

Ok, now that the old version is now the new updated version, should we be playing that one instead of the new dawn version?

kwhales
10-23-12, 03:05 AM
I updated and I now have a gold tree. It doesn't seem to do anything. Does anyone know what it is?

You need to expand to spaces around it. you don't have to clear it just expand. and have 10 epic dragons of each color (combo's count as two). then it gives you boosts. Some players don't feel the boosts are anything to brag about. I expanded to the tree but don't have enough epics to earn boosts yet.

Nefertekas
10-23-12, 03:30 AM
You need to expand to spaces around it. you don't have to clear it just expand. and have 10 epic dragons of each color (combo's count as two). then it gives you boosts. Some players don't feel the boosts are anything to brag about. I expanded to the tree but don't have enough epics to earn boosts yet.

Speaking of the boosts, i had hoped they would have corrected the boosts. Because in the beginning the boosts increased your money-intake speed by A LOT aside from slightly increasing max capacity. But then they decided to erase the newly improved speed on coin intake, and just kept the max capaxity increase (which, lemme tell ya, is a very little increase!!)

Now THAT would be a worthwhilr update for people who check their games more often!

citius
10-23-12, 03:42 AM
Ok, now that the old version is now the new updated version, should we be playing that one instead of the new dawn version?

They say you should, but really, you shouldn't. The only problem I see that they fixed, was their OWN problem. Feeding the light dragons the same as the rest of the dragons wasn't really a problem to me. Rather it was a solution for the New Dawn..

bakeryipad2
10-23-12, 03:45 AM
Why do white dragons need to be fed more? This is so unfair.

Nefertekas
10-23-12, 03:51 AM
Why do white dragons need to be fed more? This is so unfair.
Realy not cool :( they should at least make proper boosts, like you said.

kwhales
10-23-12, 05:22 AM
Ok, I don't know if it was always like this but, when I feed my dragon on the original version and increase its level (my light to level 6), this does not carry over to the new dawn version. Did it before the update?

kooky panda
10-23-12, 05:24 AM
Ok, I don't know if it was always like this but, when I feed my dragon on the original version and increase its level (my light to level 6), this does not carry over to the new dawn version. Did it before the update?

There is a delay when you jump from one game to another. Force close the game you are changing to, or restart your device, then you should see the change in the other game.

kwhales
10-23-12, 05:34 AM
Thanks KP, I tried that but didn't happen. I'll wait longer. No big deal really, I just don't want to feed the same dragon on both games if I don't have to.

darkrandy
10-23-12, 06:26 AM
So to clarify, the new dawn app can now be fully removed as the new update now has the same on both versions, correct?

Nefertekas
10-23-12, 06:50 AM
So to clarify, the new dawn app can now be fully removed as the new update now has the same on both versions, correct?
But I'm guessing the old one has different visuals...

kooky panda
10-23-12, 07:32 AM
Yes the original dragon now should be the most current version to play. Looks like all the things in New Dawn have been removed to the original game.
You can delete the new dawn game to make room on your device.

Nefertekas
10-23-12, 07:40 AM
Yes the original dragon now should be the most current version to play. Looks like all the things in New Dawn have been removed to the original game.
You can delete the new dawn game to make room on your device.
Graphics included? And by that I mean the color schemes. :)

tr8on
10-23-12, 07:45 AM
Meh... going back to the New Dawn app until the bugs get fixed. Seems like the updated older app is laggy. :/

mymummy789
10-23-12, 07:58 AM
that is weird. I removed the original DS from my ipod yesterday after making my 10th light dragon epic. When I saw this thread I figured that if I downloaded it again, bang go my chances of the "user-friendly glitch". However, it loaded the old DS and only asked me to update once it had finished loading!! Needless to say, I declined at present!!

caramel54
10-23-12, 08:12 AM
No!!!! I updated it without thinking and now the food has gone up!! I only had 2 epic white dragons and the rest are level 1 and 4!!! :( I'm really mad right now.

MazShaddix
10-23-12, 12:03 PM
I did update (by accident, was updating other stuff) it fixes the food glitch so don't update!!

dragonolic
10-23-12, 12:32 PM
But I like the graphics in New Dawn better!! I'm sticking with it.

(And also chuckled to myself that no one else is updating--- not until I get my light boost!)

jv1401
10-23-12, 01:58 PM
I did the same thing, then i uninstalled the game and redownload dragon story again. Now it was so back to previous updated. Then it asks for update which is i'm not going to do that. The cost for the food is same as the new dawn. Do not updated

jimtsang
10-23-12, 06:48 PM
I just checked my old version and the Light group dragon have not increase to the New one food quantity.

So, I should keep it no update until I give up this game (or I have a lot of Diamond type dragon) . . . . . .

mymummy789
10-24-12, 12:43 AM
I downloaded DS and did the update to see what the difference was. Apart from the food "fix" it is still very slow and clunky. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it went back to the old version again, asking me to update once the download had finished. I shall continue to play New Dawn as I prefer the graphics and it is MUCH faster.

10-24-12, 01:36 AM
Lol we Android users didn't even get the update yet.

Since the uodates most of the time i can nott eve see y dragons., hzabitats and farm apear and disapear at odd times. Crashes more also. I am on andriod and i did not get anything new.