PDA

View Full Version : Coins for gems... Worth it?

bebe256
10-22-12, 12:37 PM
I've never bought gems before, and I've always just got them from mastering recipes or goals. I have a lot of coins though, and I just saw that you can trade coins for gems (2,400,000 coins for 100 gems, I think). Do you guys think it's worth it? Did the coin amount required for trade increase with the price hike?

The reason why I'm asking is because I'm no longer really interested in expanding (maybe because I'm annoyed at the price hike), and so if I trade in my coins, I can get gems and buy boxes and decorate my existing bakery with the gem-only items. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts!

shakiba
10-22-12, 12:40 PM
Not at all. Actually, before the increased prices, it's not worth it at all, IMO. Besides, most things costs gems nowadays. It's your choice though.

bebe256
10-22-12, 12:46 PM
Besides, most things costs gems nowadays.

Yeah, I've been noticing that too. Another reason why I am considering trading my coins for gems :/

One more point: I probably won't be baking anything new for awhile (each of my counters have like 5k+ plates on them), so I might not be needing coins for awhile. Just another reason why I'm considering trading.

greygull
10-22-12, 12:49 PM
I'm pretty sure you're reading that wrong - I believe it's changing gems to coins, not coins to gems.

chewytwix
10-22-12, 12:59 PM
Yeah, greygull is right. If its coins for gems, EVERYONE would be on that in a heart beat. When that happens, all my angry neighbors that quit would return and shower TL with so many compliments.

bebe256
10-22-12, 01:04 PM
Oh... Dang it. Yeah, I guess that would make us too happy! Thanks for pointing that out!

shakiba
10-22-12, 01:06 PM
Lol, you cannot change your coins to gems, just gems to coins.

lisamg6270
10-28-12, 06:15 PM
I can trade coins for gems. I just click on the coin Icon in my shop and I can spend my coins on gems. It is definitely worth it!

lisamg6270
10-28-12, 06:17 PM
I can change purchase gems with coins in my game. Click on the coin Icon when you are in your bakery.

OrdinaryJoe
10-28-12, 06:36 PM
I think what you see is that you can buy that many coins with the amount of gems shown...

With the TeamLava games, it's real money for gems, and gems for coins.

Baraze
11-02-12, 10:34 PM
It's not very difficult to understand. It clearly shows you can get X amount of coins for X amoun of gems. There has never been and I don't think there will ever be some super glitch that let's you trade coins for gems. iF pigs started flying and there was the trade would probably be $1 million coins per gem.

Get real people! Now back to redecorating. Takes forever and a day.