PDA

View Full Version : How long did you really try for your Diamond?

Takiofallen
10-22-12, 10:53 AM
I know diamonds are a girls best friend but in this game it's everyones. Even with the LE release, pretty much everyone wants a diamond. I have seen tale after tale of people trying and failing, i'v even seen some one post that they have tried for 6 months to get a diamond to no avail. So like the question states How long have you really tried?

When i bred my diamond i tried everyday for two weeks. I did nothing else. didn't take a break by changing the combo at all. The only difference from day to day was the time i bred and two weeks later boom i got it.

tr8on
10-22-12, 11:29 AM
I went a week... same combo, same order, and nothing... it only lasted a week cuz I missed out on the Witch LE Dragon (Didn't have a timer) so I stopped to get Pumpkin... now currently trying to get other Super Rares.

Horntail21
10-22-12, 11:44 AM
I would try on and off specifically for a diamond aka the island/firestorm routine. Then I switched up by trying to get other dragons I wanted but still using four colors so I might just get the accidental diamond. Eventually it worked. I was trying for a Wizard when I got my diamond off of Charm/Seabreeze

goughy999
10-22-12, 11:44 AM
I just have a go every now and then.
To be honest, diamond is the only dragon I've tried to get. Other than dragons for quests of course.
Normally I just slap any 2 dragons in the den and hope for the best :]

jewelz22
10-22-12, 11:57 AM
237 times I tried ... was using a firestorm 10 island 10 the over half of the time I tried 2 lower lever dragons still firestorm and island.. I spent a ton of gold speeding it up which now I think is a mistake I think it lessens your chances that's my experience..... I finally gave up and bought the egg...breed all my hybrids...

spiralraindrop
10-22-12, 04:38 PM
A few days, I got it on my sixth try.

CloudyPiglet
10-22-12, 06:54 PM
I haven't counted how many times I tried, but I am almost lvl 50 now.
Where I got most of the hybrid dragons in Fire, Air, Water or Forest except Wild, Mermaid and Pumpkin.
I got Diamond by breeding Clown and Forestfire

dapplefur
10-22-12, 09:41 PM
I've tried on and off since i started playing. when i got mine i wasn't even trying for it.

jrodt333
10-22-12, 10:12 PM
I started trying pretty much as soon as I could, then stopped for a while to breed some of the light dragons when they came out. I tried for a little more after that, then stopped to try for the LE dragons, and I'm trying for it some more right now.

benbever
10-23-12, 10:57 AM
I have been breeding 4 colour combinations since july, with two nests since august, and using gold from goals to speed up since.
Took a break for a few days trying for the pumpkin (got a bee.)

gsedai
10-23-12, 05:31 PM
been trying for at least 4months now i think i am going to give up now so fed up of it am at level 57 now

blinvy2
10-23-12, 06:14 PM
Still trying for one.

Takiofallen
10-23-12, 06:22 PM
when you say 4 months is that off and on or everyday?
been trying for at least 4months now i think i am going to give up now so fed up of it am at level 57 now

iaweforfun
10-23-12, 07:23 PM
Trying sence i was level 30, 63 now, still no diamond

iaweforfun
10-23-12, 07:24 PM
Trying sense level 30, i am level 63 now,still no diamond

gsedai
10-24-12, 04:18 AM
when you say 4 months is that off and on or everyday?

no thats everyday trying different combos :(

gsedai
10-24-12, 04:20 AM
oh just was nearly everyday i stopped every so often to get the light combos but kept going back

swanhenge
10-24-12, 07:05 AM
I tried off and on for a couple weeks, got bored. I was able to breed some super-rare purples over the next week or so. Then the whole "Lucky Name" theory came out. I changed the names of my Island and Firestorm and got the Diamond on the first try.

So, to answer the question, I guess a little less than a month.

Takiofallen
10-24-12, 07:34 AM
stick with the same combo in 2 week intervals and see what you get
no thats everyday trying different combos :(

Martin323
10-24-12, 09:49 AM
I seriously can't understand anyone who spent 80$ on a imaginary thing in a game... that's insane...
Anyway... took me 34 tries... 33 with firestorm and island, then I've switched to eagle and island and it just happened...

Takiofallen
10-24-12, 10:10 AM
There are people who have spent well over 300$ cash on this game. I mean to each it's own your money do what ever you want with it, but in my humble opinion i rather breed it. Feels better and isn't breeding the point of the game?
I seriously can't understand anyone who spent 80$ on a imaginary thing in a game... that's insane...
Anyway... took me 34 tries... 33 with firestorm and island, then I've switched to eagle and island and it just happened...

donmiklos
10-24-12, 11:01 AM
I was lvl 26 when I start trying for it; now I'm lvl 63, and still just trying, without result. Have tried a lot of different combos: Island + Firestorm, Fairy + Wizard, Charm + Pegasus etc. The interesting thing, that I still missing a lot of others, which I should get as a fail. I have 5 Serpent, 5 Atlantis, 3 Fairy, 3 Paraket, 3 Athletic, but no Familiar, Forestfire, Landworm, Honeybee, Seabreeze, Planet, Aether and lot of Ligth Hybrids. Anyone has an idea, what should I do? (Other then quitting, I've realized that option without help. :) ).

Takiofallen
10-24-12, 11:27 AM
i have gotten most of my rares breeding purebreds it reduces your fail rate of the common thing you don't want
I was lvl 26 when I start trying for it; now I'm lvl 63, and still just trying, without result. Have tried a lot of different combos: Island + Firestorm, Fairy + Wizard, Charm + Pegasus etc. The interesting thing, that I still missing a lot of others, which I should get as a fail. I have 5 Serpent, 5 Atlantis, 3 Fairy, 3 Paraket, 3 Athletic, but no Familiar, Forestfire, Landworm, Honeybee, Seabreeze, Planet, Aether and lot of Ligth Hybrids. Anyone has an idea, what should I do? (Other then quitting, I've realized that option without help. :) ).

donmiklos
10-24-12, 11:42 AM
i have gotten most of my rares breeding purebreds it reduces your fail rate of the common thing you don't want

Yeah, perhaps you've right, but for diamond you can't use purebreeds. And what's the reason getting 5 super rare of same breed (Atlantis) as Diamond fail, and not getting others? Or not getting rare (Aether, Familiar etc) that has higher chance than a super rare?!?! The whole breeding system a random chaos. How can someone breed 4 diamonds at level 26, and others zero until level 63?!?!
Why we can't get a 3rd same dragon, if we breed 2 of them? Why Eagle + Eagle not produce Eagle? I tell you why... Beacuase this way they can increase the chaos. Only purebreeds can be breed for sure, but they are common and worthless (and there's no other option; Fire + Fire can't be Air).

Takiofallen
10-24-12, 11:52 AM
Well i believe people are Element Heavy. Yours seem to be water. I have no way to say this is Absolute, but after seeing what you have bred that what i am lead to believe. As far as the breeding formula they use in game it is Definitely flawed. In a thread i started asking for an Official breeding calculator i showed one of the flaws in the formula they use. As long as people keep shelling out money they don't care, and until they see a drop in dollars there will be no change.
Yeah, perhaps you've right, but for diamond you can't use purebreeds. And what's the reason getting 5 super rare of same breed (Atlantis) as Diamond fail, and not getting others? Or not getting rare (Aether, Familiar etc) that has higher chance than a super rare?!?! The whole breeding system a random chaos. How can someone breed 4 diamonds at level 26, and others zero until level 63?!?!
Why we can't get a 3rd same dragon, if we breed 2 of them? Why Eagle + Eagle not produce Eagle? I tell you why... Beacuase this way they can increase the chaos. Only purebreeds can be breed for sure, but they are common and worthless (and there's no other option; Fire + Fire can't be Air).

donmiklos
10-24-12, 12:00 PM
Well i believe people are Element Heavy. Yours seem to be water. I have no way to say this is Absolute, but after seeing what you have bred that what i am lead to believe. As far as the breeding formula they use in game it is Definitely flawed. In a thread i started asking for an Official breeding calculator i showed one of the flaws in the formula they use. As long as people keep shelling out money they don't care, and until they see a drop in dollars there will be no change.

Ok, in your theory what's that mean, I'm Water heavy? I know how you figure it out, I'm in the same train, but what can I do with that info? Should I use one of my 5 Atlantis for Diamond? Or one of my 5 Serpent? Or one of my 3 Mermarid? Or stick with Island? None can say that for sure, everbody can only guess, and thats not more than the random breeding.

Takiofallen
10-24-12, 01:09 PM
Well it means that you breed water hybrids a lot easier then anything else, thats is why your fail tends to be a water hybrid. But like you have already stated we can only guess with no official word from TL. If i was in your shoes i would breed a blue+green/red+yellow combo. When i got my diamond i did that for 2 weeks. I didn't change or try for any other dragon. With LE's coming out this i would wait until November then give it a go. Just giving my 2 cents and what work for me. Hope i helped
Ok, in your theory what's that mean, I'm Water heavy? I know how you figure it out, I'm in the same train, but what can I do with that info? Should I use one of my 5 Atlantis for Diamond? Or one of my 5 Serpent? Or one of my 3 Mermarid? Or stick with Island? None can say that for sure, everbody can only guess, and thats not more than the random breeding.

AuntyRose32
10-24-12, 02:30 PM
I'm level 46 and have been trying for a Diamond on and off since I started to play the game when it was first released. I'll never buy one, I like the challenge of trying to breed it (even if it is painfully slow!). I've mostly tried Island and Firestorm but have on occasion just put random dragons together (using the four elements) but to no avail. The longest I've tried at one time was a week, I think it's time to really get stuck in and just keep trying for a month straight...oh boy, that's gonna be fun! I'm okay with the game been slow paced, except for the maps!....the amount of maps needed is just ludicrous! Also I just can't seem to get a Wizard or a Forestfire :(

LilOldLady
10-24-12, 03:57 PM
On a whim yesterday, I put a Life and a Mist in the breeding den. I got a Magic. Yes, a Magic with this combo.

I put the Life & Mist back in the den and got a Scorpion.

Decided to use hoarded gold to finish the Scorpion breeding and Magic hatching early, incase there's a LE Halloween Dragon.

Well, something possessed me and I put the Life & Mist Dragons back into the breeding den and got a 2-day, 44-gold to Finish breeding. If this is a Diamond Dragon, then not too poor a use of 34-gold.:cool:

summersalt
10-24-12, 06:16 PM

Wow really? No firestorm. I think takio was really onto soemthing with the theory that everyone has an element.
Your strong blue. I see it now. Im shocked.

summersalt
10-24-12, 06:19 PM
Well it means that you breed water hybrids a lot easier then anything else, thats is why your fail tends to be a water hybrid. But like you have already stated we can only guess with no official word from TL. If i was in your shoes i would breed a blue+green/red+yellow combo. When i got my diamond i did that for 2 weeks. I didn't change or try for any other dragon. With LE's coming out this i would wait until November then give it a go. Just giving my 2 cents and what work for me. Hope i helped

Hadnt read this far yet. Had just read his original post, and thought back about your threads Takio. At first i thought no way. But look at this. Im strong strong red. U can have some firestorms, maybe a scorpion or two, a honey bee, two pumpkins, an egale,? n of a few charms? ..lol hes right.

dapplefur
10-24-12, 06:28 PM
On a whim yesterday, I put a Life and a Mist in the breeding den. I got a Magic. Yes, a Magic with this combo.

Decided to use hoarded gold to finish the Scorpion breeding and Magic hatching early, incase there's a LE Halloween Dragon.

Well, something possessed me and I put the Life & Mist Dragons back into the breeding den and got a 2-day, 44-gold to Finish breeding. If this is a Diamond Dragon, then not too poor a use of 34-gold.:cool:

it is a diamond. congrats!

summersalt
10-24-12, 06:28 PM

What in the world? I would end up with 15 more mists, 35 life dragons, and 30 scorpions if i tried that 80 times. I wont bred a mist anymore with anything because i end up with mist, and i wont breed, life because i end up with life. And now scorpion, i end up with firestorm. Lol.. i give ..i give...
i just wanted a fairy, and a parakeet ..lol. imagine that.

Congrats on your diamond hun!!. Very exciting im sure!

summersalt
10-24-12, 06:41 PM
Actually ur breeding makes perfect sense to me. One element from each parent each time. Seems like semi-real genetics. Nothing about this game makes sense from a genetic standpoint compared to what i have seen on my own island. Consider yourself very lucky. If things had worked that way for me. I would have been super excited and paid way too much money to see my next baby dragon. I love genetics. I wish this had some logic to it, could challenge me while entertaining me. Unfortunately my dragons are asexual. :/

LilOldLady
10-24-12, 07:20 PM
Summersalt, if you remember first level genetics: peas, guinea pigs, and sports ;) . The Magic egg from Life/Mist combo really threw me a curve. Then I remembered seeing a Magic egg and a Diamond egg at Stormy's Park! Rather a V8 moment and I wondered if getting a Magic was the "hint" that this was the magic breeding pair for a Diamond.

I'm letting the breeding & hatching clock-out since I need to save for a habitat & possibly clear a hardwood tree. Been scoping out other islands with Diamonds and am guessing the habitat is 4x4.

Thanks for the Conga Rats everyone! I'm still very much surprised at getting one. If anyone wants to visit & collect hearts my screen name is my game ID. And no, I'm not teasing for new neighbours. I can only gift three (3) and feel it's impolite to add more until there's another gifting option ;)

Takiofallen
10-24-12, 07:59 PM
Thats what has upset me of recent, that and the fact that TL does not use a competent breeding formula. I asked them why they can't make an OFFICIAL breeding calculator and they refer me to a third party one. I not one to complain about how long it takes to breed anything but it would be nice if we knew what works. It's unfair for someone to spend time trying to breed something and in all actuality it won't work. Some clarity would be nice.
Actually ur breeding makes perfect sense to me. One element from each parent each time. Seems like semi-real genetics. Nothing about this game makes sense from a genetic standpoint compared to what i have seen on my own island. Consider yourself very lucky. If things had worked that way for me. I would have been super excited and paid way too much money to see my next baby dragon. I love genetics. I wish this had some logic to it, could challenge me while entertaining me. Unfortunately my dragons are asexual. :/

10-24-12, 08:28 PM
Can anyone eplain why yesterday in desperation i put landworm and midvolt in den and got majic. I have been trying at last once a day for diamond since late june or early July. I have sold more firestorms, eagles, mist, corals,poison, than most people ever see. I got tired and bred whites for a week, now i am overloaded with love, fuzzy, winter and most partiuarly sunshine. Help i am so tired of selling babies i can't see straight. With only 30 habitats i can not keep all of them.

10-24-12, 08:33 PM
Can anyone eplain why yesterday in desperation i put landworm and midvolt in den and got majic. I have been trying at last once a day for diamond since late june or early July. I have sold more firestorms, eagles, mist, corals,poison, than most people ever see. I got tired and bred whites for a week, now i am overloaded with love, fuzzy, winter and most partiuarly sunshine. Help i am so tired of selling babies i can't see straight. With only 30 habitats i can not keep all of them.

Oh i forgot do not mention fruitful, mist or island because if i even think those words i will get one.

Takiofallen
10-24-12, 08:41 PM
once a day is not going to cut it. I have learned that there are two results when breeding. You get in one or two tries or you get it on your last try. Don't do the once a day thing do it everyday for a week non stop. Don't change the dragons keep them the same. I only say this because this is how i did it. oh and the magic came from the red of the land worm and the blue from the mindvolt

gsedai
10-25-12, 06:43 AM
stick with the same combo in 2 week intervals and see what you get

will try that :)

cheers

donmiklos
10-25-12, 06:52 AM
Wow really? No firestorm. I think takio was really onto soemthing with the theory that everyone has an element.
Your strong blue. I see it now. Im shocked.

One of my neighbor Paprika, she has breed 12 Honeybee !!! as fails. She said on her wall, that she fed up with this game, and not log in for a near future.

cr4zy_eights
10-25-12, 09:45 AM
Day 1.
Got nothing.
I'm over this game.

Manaphio
10-25-12, 10:02 AM
I got mine in three months

maximinidan
10-25-12, 10:21 AM
I've been playing for almost four month and still nothing.
I have all the other dragons, though. Even the famous limited edition halloween dragons.
I sure hope I get the diamond soon... I'm getting slightly annoyed!

Takiofallen
10-25-12, 10:27 AM
so let me get this straight you have every dragon except the diamonds. So would you give up some for the diamonds?
I've been playing for almost four month and still nothing.
I have all the other dragons, though. Even the famous limited edition halloween dragons.
I sure hope I get the diamond soon... I'm getting slightly annoyed!

dragonlord196
10-25-12, 10:32 AM
I received my Diamond on the 3rd try using Eagle/Island, both level 10. I'm not sure what level I was at in the game, but it wasn't very high at the time. Possibly in the mid 20's or so