PDA

View Full Version : Ivy's hot sauce

laceylaine
10-22-12, 10:48 AM
Finally got the goal that unlocked the hot sauce. I collected red peppers from my farm and ivy popped up and I had to give her 50 peppers, I think. Then I had to give 30 monster tails. Now I'm making the hot sauce in the kitchen, waiting to see what it does, 3 hours to make.

Edit: You need to be level 17 to trigger this quest. It is triggered by harvesting a hot pepper. If you are maxed on hot peppers you can still trigger this by harvesting hot peppers. It may take a couple of tries.

hopesdragons
10-22-12, 12:10 PM
You use it in a recipe... the Spicy Feast, I believe.

laceylaine
10-22-12, 03:17 PM
Thanks, after I collected nothing happened, so I was disappointed. Makes sense now. :)

pcoote
10-22-12, 10:09 PM
I've got to my limit on collecting peppers and I still haven't unlocked this and I need it for the spicy feast. Any idea how I can trigger it?

laceylaine
10-22-12, 10:50 PM
I just got to level 20, maybe that's why. And I'm finished with the latest goals except for getting the shards from the stone thing. That's all I can think of.

pcoote
10-22-12, 10:58 PM
I'm level 20 too, not tried since level 18 tho. Might be worth having another go at growing some to see if it makes a difference.

Rockinkitten
10-23-12, 12:39 AM
I'm level 20 but have 99 peppers already so when I collect a pepper it says "you can't collect any more peppers". I've no way of using them. I guess I'm stuck!

maguar
10-23-12, 01:30 AM
I've got to my limit on collecting peppers and I still haven't unlocked this and I need it for the spicy feast. Any idea how I can trigger it?

Have you unlocked the magic garden?

Rockinkitten
10-23-12, 02:32 AM
Yes I unlocked it two days ago and finished the goal yesterday. Maybe I need to wait til I can collect from it again? Collecting from Ivy's house did nothing this time.

maguar
10-23-12, 02:40 AM
I'm in a similar situation where I'm trying to work out the trigger. I hope it's not harvesting a hot pepper as I'm maxed. My next thing to try will be the second adventure.

Rockinkitten
10-23-12, 02:43 AM
I did the first two adventures, they didn't unlock anything else.

pcoote
10-23-12, 03:26 AM
Tried growing more and collecting and no joy. I have no goals left apart from the castle adventures and I can't do the caves because of this. I'm getting fed up with the bugs in this game. I have spent money on gems in this game and I'm feeling very annoyed. Either make new quests or I'll lose interest and you'll lose my money. Also please fix the max limit goal trigger bugs please

mymummy789
10-23-12, 06:53 AM
I'm in a similar situation where I'm trying to work out the trigger. I hope it's not harvesting a hot pepper as I'm maxed. My next thing to try will be the second adventure.

I hate to say it, but I unlocked the goal this morning by harvesting peppers :(

Rockinkitten
10-23-12, 06:55 AM
Aaaahh I wish we had been given a warning about this! I know they don't like us stock piling but this is unfair punishment!

kooky panda
10-23-12, 08:06 AM

I am with you, I have also maxed out on Hot peppers.

Rockinkitten
10-23-12, 08:11 AM
I wish you could sell them!

kooky panda
10-23-12, 08:25 AM
I need to have a Fiesta party for my village and serve some Chips and Salsa!! LOL

http://th182.photobucket.com/albums/x2/inkheart245/th_chipsandalsa.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/image/chips%20and%20salsa/inkheart245/chipsandalsa.gif?o=47)

Rockinkitten
10-23-12, 08:31 AM
Mmmmm fajita feast! I had two fajitas last night, should have used my peppers haha!

maguar
10-23-12, 02:35 PM
Do you think they'll fix this account by account or do a patch for everyone?

GTMoney
10-23-12, 04:09 PM
There is a fix for this in the works. It should be available reasonably soon for all players, though I don't have an exact date.

maguar
10-23-12, 11:07 PM
Thanks for responding. While we know you guys work on all the bugs, I think it helps frustration levels when you keep us in the loop.

lollyloo123
10-25-12, 03:16 AM
Ive completed all goals, unlocked Ivy's Hut and Garden - collected from them both a couple of times and stuff - so how do I get this Hot Sauce? Im trying to expand into the gap between the big brown torch thing to the north and that hole in the ground type thing - but i dunno what this'll achieve.

If anyones got any ideas??

maguar
10-25-12, 03:44 AM
You need to harvest a pepper to start the quests to unlock the sauce. If you're maxed on peppers you'll have to wait for the fix.

That's just normal land you're expanding to. Those landmarks will be unlocked with further updates.

lozerrfaceXOXOmommy
10-29-12, 09:51 AM
Do you have to be on a certain level to unlock certain goals like Ivy's hotsause? For instance, I am on level 16 and I planted some strawberries. Old Thomas showed up and said he wanted 50 strawberries. I finished the goal, but no goal followed. Then I planted hot peppers and Ivy said she wanted 50 of them. I finished the goal but then again no goal followed. I checked the kitchen and the hot sauce is still locked. Any suggestions?

kooky panda
10-29-12, 10:14 AM
I had to harvest a second pepper then I got another goal to give Ivy 50 more peppers.

lozerrfaceXOXOmommy
10-29-12, 10:41 AM
When I harvested a pepper the goal came up and I already have 50 peppers in my inventory, so I used those to finish the goal. I then finished harvesting the rest of the peppers I had and nothing happened. I will try planting and harvesting another bunch of peppers to see what happens. Thanks for the quick response.

lozerrfaceXOXOmommy
10-29-12, 10:43 AM
Also is there a goal that is suppose to follow when Old Thomas wants those strawberries? I harvested more strawberries after that and nothing happened.

kooky panda
10-29-12, 10:59 AM
Here is a thread with some of the goals listed.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?36911-Castle-Story-Goal-Pictorial&p=439008&viewfull=1#post439008

I cannot remember the order of the goals, or when they pop up:confused:

lozerrfaceXOXOmommy
10-30-12, 08:38 AM
I harvested more peppers and nothing happened. I did not see that goal or the goal with Old Thomas and the strawberries. I am stuck. :(

FlyingMonkee
10-30-12, 01:36 PM
What are your current goals listed on your account?

I harvested more peppers and nothing happened. I did not see that goal or the goal with Old Thomas and the strawberries. I am stuck. :(

lozerrfaceXOXOmommy
10-30-12, 03:21 PM
"A Translator's Tome" and "Magic Ink & Pages".

GTMoney
10-30-12, 04:30 PM
After you give Ivy the peppers, it takes her a while to devise the Hot Sauce recipe. Check back with her once you've leveled up higher and she might have some news for you ;D

lozerrfaceXOXOmommy
10-30-12, 11:52 PM
I will do that! Thank you everyone for all your help!! :)

paula21870
10-31-12, 09:16 PM
I've not got Ivy's hit sauce open, maxed out on red chilli peppers so can't open the goal. I've emailed TL, they told me to try forcing Castle story to close or delete the game to see if I could open the goal but neither worked! They have not told me they are trying to fix this. Does anyone know if they are or has anyone had the same problem and managed to sort it?

paula21870
10-31-12, 09:24 PM
I've not got Ivy's hot sauce open, maxed out on red chilli peppers so can't open the goal. I've emailed TL, they told me to try forcing Castle story to close or delete the game to see if I could open the goal but neither worked! They have not told me they are trying to fix this. Does anyone know if they are or has anyone had the same problem and managed to sort it?

maguar
10-31-12, 09:46 PM
I've not got Ivy's hit sauce open, maxed out on red chilli peppers so can't open the goal. I've emailed TL, they told me to try forcing Castle story to close or delete the game to see if I could open the goal but neither worked! They have not told me they are trying to fix this. Does anyone know if they are or has anyone had the same problem and managed to sort it?

Have you installed the latest update? When I did I was able to get the goal even though I was maxed

paula21870
10-31-12, 11:14 PM
Yes completely updated and extremely frustrated, someone please help because TL not helping

kooky panda
11-01-12, 05:12 AM
I saw someone post, that they did not get this goal until they reached level 17. What level are you on?

Check this thread
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?38455-Castle-Story-1.1.1&p=440763&viewfull=1#post440763

kooky panda
11-01-12, 05:20 AM
I think you need to be on at least level 17 to get this goal. What level are you on?

paula21870
11-01-12, 12:50 PM
Level 21 and I know others have got it

kooky panda
11-01-12, 12:54 PM
Have you updated to the most current version? 1.1.1

lozerrfaceXOXOmommy
11-01-12, 02:39 PM
I got to level 17 and it opened that goal. Thanks again.

PikaSquirrel
11-01-12, 03:08 PM
We'll look into this for you, thanks!

PikaSquirrel
11-02-12, 02:41 PM
You should see the quest now. Even if you have maxed out on Hot Peppers, if you harvested one more time it would have triggered your quest. Thanks!

sweetie08
11-03-12, 07:56 PM
I am on Level 23 and I still cannot unlock ivys hot sauce. I am maxed on 99 hot peppers and I downloaded the latest update a couple of days ago. When I harvest hot peppers nothing is happening. Can somebody please help me. I dont know what else to do.

sweetie08
11-06-12, 12:29 AM
Seeing that there have been no replies I guess no one can help me or have any suggestions.

Rockinkitten
11-06-12, 01:20 AM
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

sweetie08
11-06-12, 03:21 PM
Hi Rockinkitten

Thanks for replying. Yes I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game but no luck

queentina3
11-06-12, 03:39 PM
I thought after the harvesting of peppers you then had a goal to give Ivy rat tails, then the Hot Sauce would unlock.

PikaSquirrel
11-06-12, 04:07 PM
It seems you have a few of Ivy's Hot Sauce now. If you have any questions or are still experiencing issues with this, please let us know. Thanks.

sweetie08
11-07-12, 01:37 PM
Hi PikaSquirrel
Im not having much luck. Ivys Hot sauce is still locked. I have tried harvesting more peppers but it doesnt trigger it

PikaSquirrel
11-07-12, 02:10 PM
You should have the new quest now. Thanks!

sweetie08
11-07-12, 02:18 PM
Got the quest and now have ivys hot sauce. Thanks so much for fixing

PikaSquirrel
11-08-12, 04:50 PM
Please let us know if anyone else is experiencing the same issue. Thanks!

badger8
11-11-12, 06:59 PM
What exactly is needed to trigger this quest? I have Ivy's hut, a potion shop & a kitchen. I have collected at least once from all of them. I keep harvesting peppers. Not quite sure what's missing...

kooky panda
11-11-12, 07:16 PM
What exactly is needed to trigger this quest? I have Ivy's hut, a potion shop & a kitchen. I have collected at least once from all of them. I keep harvesting peppers. Not quite sure what's missing...
Have you reached level 17 yet?

I got to level 17 and it opened that goal. Thanks again.

Also I think you have to have unlocked the magic garden.

badger8
11-11-12, 07:55 PM
Thanks Kooky- nope I'm only level 14 & haven't gotten to the garden yet.
Exactly what I needed to know- thanks!!

DMausi21
11-12-12, 01:36 AM
Pls help, i can' t collect more Peppers. I would like unlook my hot Sauce??????

DMausi21
11-12-12, 01:41 AM
I have the Same Problem, Level 22, New Update, 99 Peppers, and n? hot Sauce. Pls can you help Mae?

maguar
11-12-12, 02:17 AM
Pls help, i can' t collect more Peppers. I would like unlook my hot Sauce??????

See the response from TL staff to someone else in this situation.

You should see the quest now. Even if you have maxed out on Hot Peppers, if you harvested one more time it would have triggered your quest. Thanks!

queentina3
11-13-12, 07:06 AM
Have you reached level 17 yet? Also I think you have to have unlocked the magic garden.

Just as an FYI.

I built the hut. I had 73 Hot Peppers in inventory. I reached Lvl 17. My hot sauce is unlocked.

I haven't reached the Magic Garden yet, and I did PLANT more Hot Peppers thinking I'd have to HARVEST 1/some in order to get it to unlock, but I haven't even HARVESTED them yet and mine is unlocked.

Not sure if this matters or not, but figured I'd let you guys know what I encountered. :)

kooky panda
11-13-12, 08:44 AM
Just as an FYI.

I built the hut. I had 73 Hot Peppers in inventory. I reached Lvl 17. My hot sauce is unlocked.

I haven't reached the Magic Garden yet, and I did PLANT more Hot Peppers thinking I'd have to HARVEST 1/some in order to get it to unlock, but I haven't even HARVESTED them yet and mine is unlocked.

Not sure if this matters or not, but figured I'd let you guys know what I encountered. :)
Thanks for the extra information.

avids
11-13-12, 10:10 AM
Hi I am level 23 have secret garden and have completed all goals . I have not unlocked ivy spicy sauce .i am fully updated. I am loving this game. Would love to brew Ivy's sauce

maguar
11-13-12, 11:04 AM
Hi I am level 23 have secret garden and have completed all goals . I have not unlocked ivy spicy sauce .i am fully updated. I am loving this game. Would love to brew Ivy's sauce

Harvest a couple of hot peppers.

DMausi21
11-13-12, 12:43 PM
See the response from TL staff to someone else in this situation.

I Co this, i plant more Peppers,but no Goal appears? Any Ideal? Thx

kooky panda
11-13-12, 12:46 PM
I Co this, i plant more Peppers,but no Goal appears? Any Ideal? Thx
Try deleting and redownloading the game.
If you still have not gotten the goal after harvesting one more red pepper, send an email to support@teamlava.com so they can check your game.

avids
11-14-12, 02:10 AM
Thankyou got my sauce shame it took all but 8 of my 99 hot peppers. It is taking longer and longer to do anything. Time for a break maybe.

middleeast
12-18-12, 08:57 AM
Please let us know if anyone else is experiencing the same issue. Thanks!

I'm at level 29 but Ivy's hot sauce is still locked. I have 99 peppers. Have tried deleted n reinstalled game but still, nothing.. Can u help?

maguar
12-18-12, 01:02 PM
I'm at level 29 but Ivy's hot sauce is still locked. I have 99 peppers. Have tried deleted n reinstalled game but still, nothing.. Can u help?

And you've recently tried harvesting a few peppers? You need to harvest them even if you're maxed. Harvesting a few worked for me when I was maxed.

middleeast
12-19-12, 11:33 AM
Hi Maguar! Yesss! It is finally unlocked! Thank you so much! Though I'm not sure what had triggered it! 

maguar
12-19-12, 02:07 PM
Hi Maguar! Yesss! It is finally unlocked! Thank you so much! Though I'm not sure what had triggered it! 

As long as you got it :)

Nyneve922
12-27-12, 12:08 PM
So I finally, with the help of these forums, figured out that I needed to plant and harvest more hot peppers to trigger the "Ivy's Hot Sauce" goal. So I did that, and I got the whole speech from Ivy, but now that I have plenty of peppers, there is no option to make the hot sauce in the Potion Shop. The recipe just doesn't appear in the list. Any ideas? Thanks! :)

maguar
12-27-12, 12:09 PM
So I finally, with the help of these forums, figured out that I needed to plant and harvest more hot peppers to trigger the "Ivy's Hot Sauce" goal. So I did that, and I got the whole speech from Ivy, but now that I have plenty of peppers, there is no option to make the hot sauce in the Potion Shop. The recipe just doesn't appear in the list. Any ideas? Thanks! :)

It's in the kitchen :)

Nyneve922
12-27-12, 12:48 PM
It's in the kitchen :)

Heh heh. Thanks. :p

sweetdevil12
01-10-13, 09:32 PM
Yea am on lvl 22 max on peppers still cant get it to unlock playing 1.1.2..reinstalled and still notting planted some more ..going to see if itwill work ...

sweetdevil12
01-11-13, 09:24 PM
Planted more and got it ...just collected over 99 peppers ..now good ...

Bjhor
03-27-13, 04:09 AM
I'm level 20 but have 99 peppers already so when I collect a pepper it says "you can't collect any more peppers". I've no way of using them. I guess I'm stuck!

I HAVE THE SAME problem!!!!
I have 99 hot peppers, and I have no way to uses this, so I cannot collect others, and the goal is alreday LOCKED

Bjhor
03-27-13, 07:16 AM
I HAVE THE SAME problem!!!!
I have 99 hot peppers, and I have no way to uses this, so I cannot collect others, and the goal is alreday LOCKED

UPDATE:
I fixed it, by simply plant a new 2 hot pepper, then I collect it shortly after by spend 9 gems (this is not a must or necessary, but I was in hurry to discover if I woud have solved),
and Ivy is magically appeared, with the goal to unlock the hot sauce!!!
Is not a problem if you have 99 hot peppers, because it works as well.

GOOD LUCK!

marijkjeph
05-19-13, 12:38 AM
So what now? I am in the same position. Maximum peppers, level 23, unlocked the magic garden. How do I make the sauce? Hope you can help.

marijkjeph
05-19-13, 12:40 AM
Oh sorry I missed this part of the thread...