PDA

View Full Version : Tavern 8 hrs collection?!?!?

sukyee
10-21-12, 06:51 PM
Oh no!!! Tavern need to wait 8 hrs for collection!!!! Previous is just 1 hr. What a big change... So unfair... If I know this, I won't want to buy tavern in the first place :( it's so hard to built... Now I have the dilemma shld I sell the tavern n buy back farmhouse?!?

laVirtualCloset
10-21-12, 07:10 PM
MHz_ told us the changes were coming and why (see below). The changes to the crops have changed also such that u can earn quite a bit given the new profit margins that I posted in another thread.

laVirtualCloset
10-21-12, 07:10 PM
Advance notice from MHz_:

We're going to be rolling out a bunch of changes that will be changing the way the economy in the game works. I wanted to let you guys know before hand so it doesn't come as a shock when it's rolled out. These should be coming either later today or tomorrow.

Some of these changes will affect all players. Others will only be seen by a % of players, and likely to be rolled out to everyone at a later date.

From a design perspective, crops were always intended to be the primary source of income for players, but currently town buildings are where everyone seems to get most of their coins. We're making a lot of these changes to address this.

Animals - Animals will be taking more tending actions to reach full maturity. The time between tending will also be increasing. The coins you get when tending them will be increased to adjust for this. The costs for animals have also been adjusted. (Side note.. the Sheep and Pig can be earned through certain adventures)
Crops - Most of the timers for crops are changing. Most of them will be made longer, and some may have increased costs. However, the big change, is that the profit % from every crop will be increased SIGNIFICANTLY. We know you'll be harvesting a lot more crops as a result of this.. expect them to be used in crafting and quests much more in the near future.
Town Buildings - Timers and income values have changed for every Town building. They will not be as profitable as they were in the past.
Energy - All existing users will be able to reach an energy cap of 40 (Up from 30). This is being done as a thanks for all of our beta testers who have helped us get this game into the great state it is in. For new users, some may notice they can earn up to 40, others may only be able to reach 30. We'll make a decision on all new users at a later date.
Crafting - Timers and speedup costs on nearly every single recipe have been increased. Players are making things faster than we had originally intended. To make up for this change, we will be allowing players to build an additional crafting building in a later update.

The following changes will be rolled out to everyone when the update goes live:
Expansions - 4 existing expansions (1 near old thomas, 3 to the south west side of the board) will be automatically unlocked for all new users and for all existing users. Users that have these expansions unlocked prior to this update will notice no change. (Updated 10/19 to reflect last minute changes)
Quests - Expect some changes to existing quests (mainly low level quests for new users) and some new quests to appear as we get things cleaned up.

On the horizon - Here's a few things we're looking to bring to you all in the near future! (Note, these are not final and are subject to change)
- New Monsters !
- More Quests (theres 2 more major characters you've yet to discover!)
- New Buildings!
- More of your existing buildings (You'll be able to build more resource and crafting buildings)
- More craftable decorations! (Some gem only items will also be getting crafting recipes added)
- Building Upgrades - Get increased rewards and Royal Point values for your existing buildings!

And MUCH MUCH MORE :)

laVirtualCloset
10-21-12, 07:12 PM
MHz_'s reply regarding reason for changes:

Several reasons...

Our original design was intended to get users to make most of their coins from crops, not buildings. The changes to crops and buildings now reflect that orignal design intent. Costs on crops are only increased to maintain the balance with their time and profit. Coin building costs were never changed.
Changes to animals were done mainly because when we released them, we didn't have final values in place. They were never intended to mature so fast. Animal costs were only increased slightly, mainly because they have different income values when collected.

As for the changes to crafting, the main reason is that players are moving through content (quests, levels, etc..) faster than we had intended, and faster than we can put out new stuff to do. The other reason is more of a business decision, which I hope you can understand without me having to say more than that.

Hope this helps clear things up further.

laVirtualCloset
10-21-12, 07:59 PM
Oh no!!! Tavern need to wait 8 hrs for collection!!!! Previous is just 1 hr. What a big change... So unfair... If I know this, I won't want to buy tavern in the first place :( it's so hard to built... Now I have the dilemma shld I sell the tavern n buy back farmhouse?!?

Now that you've purchased it I won't worry about but use the updated information to guide your future purchases. Farmhouse is now giving 70 coins every 10 mins. Ultimately it's a personal choice but the Tavern could still have a place in ur kingdom. If energy were not a feature in this game, then a change to farmhouse would be a clear choice but since u have to balance ur income collection with resource and crafting collections, the 8 hrs may come in handy.

sukyee
10-21-12, 10:15 PM
Thanks lavitualcloset... In this case I may just switch from town building collection to crops :)
I have 11 tavern & only 3 farmhouse... Can't bear the heart to sell my tavern...

MHz_
10-21-12, 10:44 PM
marketplaces will be a great source of coins per energy, given that they produce 900 coins every day. Crops will also give lots of coins for you to collect from on a consistent basis.

laVirtualCloset
10-21-12, 10:49 PM
I agree with you. I only have one because the parts to construct are not easy to come by. I purchased more plots and have be*** to plant much more. Honestly, prior to the update, I only planted when I needed an ingrediate since I got more from the buildings and I wanted the max output from each energy rod spent. With the new economy, planting makes a lot of sense. I don't care if I max out on each crop. I'll think of it as income with a plant bonus. It may be a waste but it's certainly not a loss.

laVirtualCloset
10-21-12, 10:53 PM
sukyee, I agree with you. I only have one Tavern because the parts to construct are not easy to come by. I purchased more plots and have be*** to plant much more. Honestly, prior to the update, I only planted when I needed an ingrediate since I got more from the buildings and I wanted the max output from each energy rod spent. With the new economy, planting makes a lot of sense. I don't care if I max out on each crop. I'll think of it as income with a plant bonus. It may be a waste but it's certainly not a loss.

Reposed to avoid confusion. Didn't realize there was a post between ur comments and mine. Should have known MHz_ was on her A-game as usual.

MHz_
10-21-12, 11:28 PM
Reposed to avoid confusion. Didn't realize there was a post between ur comments and mine. Should have known MHz_ was on her A-game as usual.

Her? I'm a guy :)

yupiyupigumgum
10-22-12, 12:16 AM
I really don't mind playing 'farm story' in this game, but harvesting lots of crops in order to gain more coins will require MORE energy and that will limit the capability to collect other stuffs especially the rare one ( for example, to get one glimmerdust I usually have to chop minimally 8 mushrooms ) It's a bit frustrating.

hopesdragons
10-22-12, 12:29 AM
Actually, with the longer times for things, I feel like I can do more now with the energy I have. (I felt they ruined City Story when they changed the business collection times to sooner, rather than longer... Couldn't keep up with them)

Now I don't see too many floating icons, which means my kingdom is running more efficiently.

laVirtualCloset
10-22-12, 04:45 AM
Her? I'm a guy :)

Oops ... Any thoughts of surgery to make my statement correct :-)

ceydaa
10-22-12, 01:17 PM
Ok tavern is 8 hours what about mine market it was 30 min now it's a day!! A Day?! Come on! That's too much unfair!! U can adjust but u should be fair! A day is too much. I didn't build it for a day. Pls fix this

MHz_
10-22-12, 02:10 PM
Ok tavern is 8 hours what about mine market it was 30 min now it's a day!! A Day?! Come on! That's too much unfair!! U can adjust but u should be fair! A day is too much. I didn't build it for a day. Pls fix this

The rewards are also in step with the timer change. You now get over 900 coins when collecting.. for the 1 energy cost this is a pretty good return.

pandawithlove
04-19-13, 09:45 AM
I am trying to build a tavern and it shows that parts needed are complete. Even then it says I have to pays 66 gems to built. My question is: does it take more than the 4 different parts I can see on my screen and if so what are they so that I can start collecting. If not, why do I have to pay 66 gems to built when all parts needed are complete?

Sobepeng
04-19-13, 10:05 AM
Will item requirements be reduced for recipes and trades then? If crops are going to take longer to grow, it'll be harder to maintain production.

On a side note, there's no way to change rare fruit trade back to just fruit trade, is there? I can't even grow glimmerbulbs yet, the magic garden is my only source.

lotuskat
04-19-13, 10:05 AM
I am trying to build a tavern and it shows that parts needed are complete. Even then it says I have to pays 66 gems to built. My question is: does it take more than the 4 different parts I can see on my screen and if so what are they so that I can start collecting. If not, why do I have to pay 66 gems to built when all parts needed are complete?

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing? I've heard that differences in software versions can cause anomalies like this.