PDA

View Full Version : Accidental food purchase with over half my gold

Cyclohexane
10-21-12, 06:05 PM
Tonight I tried to log into my account and got severe lag. By the time my screen loads in, I somehow spent 100 gold for 7500 food. I had 181 gold, then had 81 and over 7500 food!

I did not make this selection, there was definitely no confirm screen. I have been saving up to buy another nest and this sets me back big time. I've even been playing fashion story for gold... Please don't make that for nothing.

I am always careful with those screens that pop up, I have no idea how this happened. All I saw was the screen pop in and then a loading. I never made the selection and really is enough to make me want to quit if there is no refunds.

I still have the food. Anyway to get my gold back? This just happened a few minutes of this post.

Thank you

sweetstuff525
10-21-12, 06:11 PM
Yup no refunds on any purchases including accidental
And tl doesn't put a confirmation button so thAta a gem trap

It sux sorry you lost all that gold

nmishii
10-21-12, 06:12 PM
No, sorry, TL won't refund your gold. They don't refund for any type of purchase. Many of us have used gold/gems due to lags in the game, and its not refundable. It seems TL would rather you spend your real money to replace the gold.

nmishii
10-21-12, 06:13 PM
oops, too slow

LilMzB4Life
10-21-12, 06:17 PM
I really hope you get your gold back but this has happened to many other players and they are still waiting to be refunded. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that they will get it back from accidental purchases. Some have been waiting for months and still no refund. I am so sorry this happened to you. I know how hard it is to save up all that gold and have it gone like that. I hope you have better luck getting your gold back.

Cyclohexane
10-21-12, 06:20 PM
I really hope you get your gold back but this has happened to many other players and they are still waiting to be refunded. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that they will get it back from accidental purchases. Some have been waiting for months and still no refund. I am so sorry this happened to you. I know how hard it is to save up all that gold and have it gone like that. I hope you have better luck getting your gold back.

I believe this is a game changer for me. I have fun on these games, but forcing me to keep a purchase I did not make will be the end for me on all lava games.

That is just plain wrong, I don't even have a problem with food; not even anything useful.

spiralraindrop
10-21-12, 06:24 PM
Mail a ticket to TL.

Nefertekas
10-21-12, 10:48 PM
Mail a ticket to TL.

That win't do much good. They dit not reply to mine. And apparently they have the no-refunds policy anyway, which is just wrong.

ardiaz
10-22-12, 02:46 AM
I hate tl

Kami365
10-22-12, 04:50 AM
TeamLava should have confirmation button to save all ours Gold coin!

Cyclohexane
10-22-12, 12:01 PM
There should be a bank feature for gold to save the coins from any purchase until pull them out of bank if they do not put in a confirmation button. Of course with gold, there should be no penalty to store. But with as much lag as this game gets on occasion, it is dangerous to save large amounts of coin. You may just enter a game with a purchase you did not make!

I have sent a PM to one of the moderators and to the lave support. No word yet but hasn't been 24 hours either. I hate to quit the game because I like it, but I may have to out of principal. I cannot tolerate theft in any form.

7500 food for 100 coin is not even fair trade anyway. I can get 7500 food in 1 or 2 days easily, it takes over a month to get 100 coin. At that rate, 100 coin should grant over 200,000 food. Even then. it would not be worth it to me. I was just trying to save up for another nest...

Horntail21
10-22-12, 01:28 PM
There cannot be one good reason to have not fixed this feature yet. It's shady business and puts out a bad image. They never seem to even address this point that has been made over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. They are really forcing us into the only opinion that can be made. They don't care and are happy to take the money of those who will pay to replace it and not sorry to see the ones go that do.

Cyclohexane
10-22-12, 05:57 PM
I haven't got a response yet so I am not convinced they will not return the coins, especially since I still have the food waiting to be returned. I'd be surprised if they did not, but it sure is inconveniencing one way or the other. Why not just add a confirmation button on a different side of screen; or an undo feature.

On a side note, I just added a PIN for in-game purchases, but I am not sure that food purchases would even count since it does not require real money (the gold requires the actual purchase); and there is no way I am testing it out!!!!

mattyboo1
10-22-12, 05:58 PM
I haven't got a response yet so I am not convinced they will not return the coins, especially since I still have the food waiting to be returned. I'd be surprised if they did not, but it sure is inconveniencing one way or the other. Why not just add a confirmation button on a different side of screen; or an undo feature.

On a side note, I just added a PIN for in-game purchases, but I am not sure that food purchases would even count since it does not require real money (the gold requires the actual purchase); and there is no way I am testing it out!!!! it will not help for food purchases

benbever
10-23-12, 10:51 AM
You should spend gems/gold because gem traps can and will always occur. Even if you don't misclick glitches can take it. TL will never give your gold back.
Saving for a second nest in dragon/monster is pretty hard.
Just enjoy the food you "bought" and start saving again.

tigeress2474
10-23-12, 01:20 PM
This happened to me this morning also but I lost 360 gold. Thats why I started a poll. We need TL to hear us about this issue.
People have been trying forever to get TL to put a confirm button on but nothing :(

LolaMae20
03-17-13, 01:25 PM
I just did the same thing a few minutes ago. The game was loading I hadn't touched anything yet and then all the sudden a load screen comes up and I have no gold but a ton of food! And after reading post from others who have accidentally lost gold and have not been refunded I think I'm done with these games. There policy is wrong and there should definitely be a confirm screen.

yayacupcake
03-17-13, 01:30 PM
That one has been suggested and I think it's got a lengthy thread in the Bug forum. I been victim of this myself, game lagged while I was checking my timer on an expansion and I spent 180 gold... I eventually did get my 2nd nest though. It does take time and being patient and very very careful with those screens.

OrdinaryJoe
03-17-13, 01:40 PM
Ya, I've accidentally bought random (unwanted) things with gold or gems... and I'm usually careful, but it happens...

Galadraal
03-17-13, 06:49 PM
I just wanted information on the Passion dragon since I finally got the Right Heart with my Night dragon. I tried to click on the info button but the Next thing I knew, the egg was on my nest and my gold was gone. I emailed immediately but they said no refunds.

It seems all other games have these same issues but the dragon was a huge loss.

Someone said you should always keep eggs on your nest but that seems like a waste also.

kwhales
03-17-13, 06:54 PM
I just wanted information on the Passion dragon since I finally got the Right Heart with my Night dragon. I tried to click on the info button but the Next thing I knew, the egg was on my nest and my gold was gone. I emailed immediately but they said no refunds.

Someone said you should always keep eggs on your nest but that seems like a waste also.

We have asked for a confirm button, but to no avail. And keeping an egg in the nests at all times is not a waste. It saves alot of gold.

doop01
03-17-13, 07:10 PM

You only need to have a fire or forest dragon egg . They cost next to nothing and will save you from accidental dragon purchases :)

cityfan
03-18-13, 12:38 AM
I like this idea, and I'm going to do it. I've wasted tons of gold on a stupid charm dragon couple weeks back.

midnightmeerkat
03-18-13, 01:05 AM
You only need to have a fire or forest dragon egg . They cost next to nothing and will save you from accidental dragon purchases :)

Great idea!

kurebiz
03-18-13, 02:45 AM
it seems my only accidentally "mis-clicks" these days are planting pumpwings instead of diamondates. -_- not as drastic because no loss of gold, but still annoying!

warrior61280
03-18-13, 03:20 AM
I have all ready learned in the 4 days of playing NOT to touch the screen in any way after starting to load a page. Luckily no lost gold, but...I did noticed I clicked on "farm food" choice when not intended. Thankfully it was only the 30s one.

Galadraal
03-18-13, 06:26 AM
I guess I was wrong about keeping an egg in the nest. I can always wait to put it in a habitat -- especially the fails and those I have a bunch of

salinho
03-18-13, 10:16 AM

That's exactly what I have been doing lately. :)

addictmOde
03-18-13, 01:26 PM
I can't keep gold enough enough to build it up ;( my noob 2nd acct has like 120gold. I want 2nd nest sometime soon, maybe ill have to buy 530gold for $16...

pokemon38
03-18-13, 05:01 PM
Tough luck.