PDA

View Full Version : User generated content

prinut
10-20-12, 09:11 AM
I posted this suggestion elsewhere, but it think it merits its own discusson.

I've noticed that many suggestions talk about specific items that people would like in their homes. Things like pets, and toys, and accessories, and more color options.

I suggest that Team Lava consider setting up a marketplace for user-generated content to solve this. Then Team Lava can focus on gameplay, and graphics, and options, and glitches.

Sims players will be familiar with this concept (Mod The Sims).

Unlike the sims, this game only uses 2d graphics, which would make it even easier to design new items. Users wouldn't need to know that much about 3D rendering software or anything. They would just need to set how big an object is and then design 2 to 4 versions of the item depending on how the object can be rotated.

TL could also set up some sort of payment system. For example, maybe you'd need to pay $0.99 to add a new object to the marketplace, which would go to TL for development costs and maintaining the marketplace.

It would cost $0.99 to download an item from the marketplace. You would still need to earn coins in the game and buy the item to be able to place the item in your house, i.e. the $0.99 fee is for downloading the option, not for placing it in your house.

Additionally, if you are the designer of an item, then every time someone downloads your item, you coud earn coins or gems in the game.

Everybody wins!
- TL can address all of our suggestions without having to hire a whole bunch of people
- If players can't find what they want, they can either design it themselves or they can go to a forum thread and request that someone else design it
- Players have a new method of earning coins/gems. Depending on how popular an item is, the designer could potentially earn a LOT!
- TL makes money so we can continue to enjoy our (mostly) free games
- TL can spend more time focusing on getting us interior walls, and category tabs in our storage, and all the other wonderful suggestions that don't have to do with specific item requests.

What you y'all think of this idea? Can anyone think of any issues I've overlooked that make something like this impossible?