PDA

View Full Version : help...a newbie here - what are all these tools i am getting for

SweetVisuals
10-20-12, 05:17 AM
Hi - I hope someone can help. I am receiving all of these tools and hardware as gifts apparently used for building something. I am not sure how to use them in bakery story since I don't see anything to build. Are these tools something I will use as I grow or are they meant for other games that maybe I don't have? I hope that I can use them since I have many pieces.

Also I have noticed that other users ask for specific gifts. How do I do this? I cant find anywhere to ask for just food other than just asking in a message and that would be a pain in the rear for a User to remember the needs of all users based on messages.

Thanks for your help. :o

anketam
10-20-12, 05:39 AM
Certain appliances have a hammer symbol on them when you go to buy them. If you buy one of those appliances and place it, it will become a box with random stuff in it rather than the item. If you double tap said box of stuff you will get a list of hardware needed to complete the item. That is where all the tools and hardware your neighbors are sending are for. In the list you will have the option to request the parts from your neighbors.

If you are still confused do not worry. There is a series of quests that you will get to that will walk you through your first appliance that needs parts.

SweetVisuals
10-20-12, 07:02 AM
AWESOME! This is a tremendous help. Now it all makes sense. Thanks for the quick reply. I am headed back to explore more of the game. Have a great weekend.

Gypsy_Cat
10-20-12, 09:20 AM
Also, some decorations (like the hoola hoop statue or the mermaid statue) use parts. As for neighbor gifting; there is no right or wrong way to deal with it. Some players accept both food and parts (such as myself) others will delete you if you don't send only one or the other. The best way I've found is to seek neighbors that have a compatible game style to mine. And don't take it personally if someone deletes you. Welcome to the game; send me an invite if you'd like to be neighbors. I gift everyday and tip every or every other day.

Oh, one more bit of info: part requests are not the same thing as gifts. You can receive up to 20 gifts a day but can also have parts sent to you when your neighbors accept your request. And none of the parts or food come out of your inventory. Hope this helps!