PDA

View Full Version : Bad luck at breeding after new dawn update

jaxe13
10-20-12, 04:23 AM
I know it sounds strange but Dragon Story is seriously testing my patience cause ever since i updated it (wasn't any easier before but at least 15 breeding's gave me something worth keeping) i just cannot get anything besides the common dragons anymore and i noticed this because i started logging my breeding using the same parent dragons:

Trying for Witch Dragon:

Level 9 Magic (Zalgo) x Level 8 Forest (Claw)
1. Poison
2. Poison
3. Poison
4. Poison
5. Poison
6. Poison

Trying for Trickster Dragon:
Level 9 Magic (Zalgo) x Level 9 (Later 10) Air (Cruise)
1. Genie
2. Genie
3. Genie
4. Genie
5. Genie
6. Genie

Trying for Laserlight Dragon:
1. Love
2. Love
3. Love
4. Love
5. Love
6. Love
7. Love
8. Love
9. Love

And currently trying for Pumpkin Dragon:
1. Firestorm
2.Firestorm
3. Firestorm

And this is not all I've only written down the trials since new dawn and also only the ones which I've tried at least five times so there's a giant list of failed breeding's and I'm wondering whether it's just me or if this happens to anyone else? Also I am level 53 and ever since i started playing I have bred and used maaannyy different magic dragons to try and get magic rare hybrids but i do not have a single magic rare..i only keep playing hoping that someday i'll get lucky..and i see people talking about having one lucky element for each player i doubt that happens for me either..i do have some super rare ones like landworm or mermaid but these were also bred after a million and one tries it's just so annoying to see that some people only have to try like twice to get what ever they want -.- sorry about the long post ..just wondering if anyone else has rotten luck as well hehe :p

Takiofallen
10-20-12, 08:16 AM
Mix hybrid dragons and let the dice roll. Using purebreds limit the results you get. I know you want specific dragons but at this point you have nothing to lose
I know it sounds strange but Dragon Story is seriously testing my patience cause ever since i updated it (wasn't any easier before but at least 15 breeding's gave me something worth keeping) i just cannot get anything besides the common dragons anymore and i noticed this because i started logging my breeding using the same parent dragons:

Trying for Witch Dragon:

Level 9 Magic (Zalgo) x Level 8 Forest (Claw)
1. Poison
2. Poison
3. Poison
4. Poison
5. Poison
6. Poison

Trying for Trickster Dragon:
Level 9 Magic (Zalgo) x Level 9 (Later 10) Air (Cruise)
1. Genie
2. Genie
3. Genie
4. Genie
5. Genie
6. Genie

Trying for Laserlight Dragon:
1. Love
2. Love
3. Love
4. Love
5. Love
6. Love
7. Love
8. Love
9. Love

And currently trying for Pumpkin Dragon:
1. Firestorm
2.Firestorm
3. Firestorm

And this is not all I've only written down the trials since new dawn and also only the ones which I've tried at least five times so there's a giant list of failed breeding's and I'm wondering whether it's just me or if this happens to anyone else? Also I am level 53 and ever since i started playing I have bred and used maaannyy different magic dragons to try and get magic rare hybrids but i do not have a single magic rare..i only keep playing hoping that someday i'll get lucky..and i see people talking about having one lucky element for each player i doubt that happens for me either..i do have some super rare ones like landworm or mermaid but these were also bred after a million and one tries it's just so annoying to see that some people only have to try like twice to get what ever they want -.- sorry about the long post ..just wondering if anyone else has rotten luck as well hehe :p

jaxe13
10-20-12, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the tip..I've tried that before with similar results as i'm getting now but i guess it wont hurt to try again :)

pun8
10-22-12, 11:07 AM
I am in the same boat. At level 63 and no diamond in sight. Have most of the others except mistmoth, mermaid, parakeet, wizard, Pegasus and tusker. I think I have the rest. Finally got a griffin in the nest. Tried all combinations and except for a little silver lining I am quite disappointed. Same story in Monster story. Just can't get diamond and so many get it real early. Why r some of us unlucky. It's like playing slots!

jaxe13
11-15-12, 08:25 AM
Yeah..i guess it'll happen someday though :p three weeks after that post i finally got my familiar and two of them in a row! It all just depends on how lucky you are i guess

eboats
11-15-12, 08:40 AM
Thats some bad luck but it happens

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
11-15-12, 08:40 AM
I've actually had better luck breeding with New Dawn. After the update I got numerous Super Rares repeatedly. And since switching back to the old version of the game, my luck has not changed. No Ultra Rares yet though.

Berylline
11-16-12, 12:26 PM
Still running old version but getting similar breeding outcomes (and) having terrible luck for the limiteds - I agree though, some people seem to breeze through and have all these dragons nearly instantaneously (maybe they just buy em outright?)

mamareader02
11-18-12, 02:48 PM
I too am experiencing the "curse of the new dawn"and those light dragons seem to have an allergic reaction to my island!

Takiofallen
11-18-12, 04:31 PM
Light dragons have been hard for me to get but i managed to get them by mixing light dragons with light dragons