PDA

View Full Version : Experiment Results!

Takiofallen
10-19-12, 09:10 PM
Experiment Results
First I would like to thank all of those who took the time and submitted their information. AkumaNeko, Sunnybabi1986, MissStateGirl, Goughy999, Dapplefur, Empress2013, Kwhales, NeferTekas, Horntail21, and a few others. There were 13 people/Accounts that participated in this Experiment. I hope for the next Experiment we can get more involved. Because of the small number ALL the results should be taken with a grain of salt. I know some people will read this and say how I am wrong because ?I was able to get this result so yours can?t be right?. For those I say there is an exception to every rule and PARTICAPATE next time, it only helps.

For those reading this with no idea what it?s about here is a quick recap. We decided to do an experiment to see if anything and if so what affects breeding. We took a 24 hour period, set a few guidelines for everyone to follow (Not everyone did but its ok) and picked a dragon to breed. It was this week?s LE

There will be 3 numbers for every result. First will be for those who followed the protocol. Second will be for those who did not (only rushed breeders removed from main group) and the third will be the combined total

OK So enough talk here is the results!
1. How many were able to breed Pumpkins? 4 of the 13 people/accounts were able to breed a Pumpkin. By group it?s 3/11 for C.G. and 1/2 for N.C.G. for a total of 4/13

1a- Percentages: 21 total breedings from C.G. 3/21 for 14.3%

1b- 8 total breeding from N.C.G. 1/8 for 12.5%, for a group total of 4/29 at 13.7%
SO that put the total group chances of getting a Pumpkin at 14%. What was interesting is if you add in the other dragons Born you had a 27% chance of breeding a Rare or Super rare dragon, or so I thought I will get back to this later. To round up the rest of the results there were 21 Fire Storms, 2 Scorpions, 1 Honey bee and 1Eagle.

2. Did game level affect breeding?
The group was too small to get a definitive answer on this but no one under 20 and no one over 60 bred a Pumpkin.

3. Did the order you placed your dragons in effect breeding?
Again too small to tell but out of the four who bred the Pumpkin it was an even split 2/2. That also goes for Dragon Level. Out Of the 4 success stories 2 used Epics and the other 2 were NON Epics so for now I say no to both.

4. Did the amount of Nest owned play a factor?
Not this time because I asked people not to RUSH BREED, but it will in the future. Fact is the more nests you own the more you can breed, not wait and save gold.

5. Why do I breed some dragons so easily and have a very hard time with others?

This was by far the most interesting result. I asked for everyone to give me the rares and super rares they have a tendency to breed the most. From this it seems that we are all given One Element maybe Two that we have a better chance at or a higher percentage chance of breeding.
Out of the 13 I came up with 2 water, 2 forest, 1NA, 4 air and 4 air/fire.
Those who were forest bred ALL Firestorms. Those who were water bred 1 pumpkin and 4 Firestorms. Out of the other 9 people/accounts 7 bred something other than a Firestorm. So I DEFINATLY believe that we all get an element and it affects breeding.

6. Does the time we breed and the amount we breed affect breeding?
Maybe and yes. Out of the 4 who bred the Pumpkin 3 got it on their first try. Also 3 of the 4 were Air or Air/Fire element breeders. They also bred it within the first 10 minutes of the update. Hmmmmm
Also if you miss it on your first try you Definitely won?t get it your second try. Not a single person was able to breed a Pumpkin on their second try and 12 of 13 were Firestorms. So I will say if you don?t get it your first try you won?t get until the third and beyond if you are.

7. Does the dragons Born name play a part in breeding?
Again To small of a test group to tell but out of the 4 who did breed the pumpkin 2 Air dragons had the name Cloud. One Skye and one Nepha. Both Clouds we able to breed the Pumpkin on their first try. Both were also Air Element. So for now I leave this as possible.

That is all for now thanks for reading and if anyone liked this and wants me to do another just let me know.

muddpie99
10-19-12, 11:17 PM
Unless you can have the accounts the same across the board theres always going to be that "what if" factor. When I collected data for the name theory I used 20 accounts that were exactly the same. Same level same dragons smae placement of buildings. Theres too many what ifs when you use accounts that arent close in devlopment.

Good to see somebody interested getting a percentage for your chances of breeding. Dragonvale has a calculator that show the percentages for breeding a dragon even when using different dragons...how they came up with it who knows...wish we had one for dragon story too.

AkumaNeko
10-20-12, 12:36 AM
Thanks for your work! Will definitely join the next experiment again :)

goughy999
10-20-12, 01:46 AM
It's good to see the results, thanks for putting them together.
We do need more people next time, everyone on the forums should participate, even if only for 1 breed. It wouldn't hurt and it's simple enough to do.

Nefertekas
10-20-12, 02:33 AM
Thank you so much for all of this. Quite interesting results, and I did like that element theory of yours... I just don't understand how it's so easy for me to get scorpions and eagles, but have only had one honeybee and no pumpkin so far. XD fourth attempt will be today, soon. But I'm not hopeful at all. Seems like I will have no pumpkin, oh well.

rosha11
10-20-12, 03:45 AM
I don't think level matters, i got one at level 16. If you're interested i used a level 7 air and level 7 fire. 1st attempt was firestorm, 2nd was the pumpkin.

PDAGuppies
10-20-12, 04:52 AM
I was busy when yu did this exp.
Maybe for the next one! Let me know when you have another one. Util then I got to get that pumpkin dragon

goughy999
10-20-12, 05:17 AM
I think we Should do it on a certain day every week just to compile some results

Takiofallen
10-20-12, 08:03 AM
i would like to to one involving hybrids but would wait until the LE are done. I know people would rather focus on that with only 4 days to breed. In the mean while people can consider what dragons to use.

goughy999
10-20-12, 08:14 AM
I'd be happy to do any if I'm honest. 1 day out of the week won't really hurt

Takiofallen
10-20-12, 08:18 AM
Have an idea of a dragon you want or dragons to use?
I'd be happy to do any if I'm honest. 1 day out of the week won't really hurt

empress2013
10-20-12, 08:38 AM
What did u think of the time of day people breed?

Takiofallen
10-20-12, 08:44 AM
That was hard to take in to account because everyone didn't give me there time zone, but the people who got the pumpkin first breeding were all in the first 10 minuets of the update. All those after missed. There was also those who did try in the first 10 and missed. The reason i'm looking in to time is to find out if TL puts a cap on the total amount they allow per hour.
What did u think of the time of day people breed?

Lolas_Kryptonite
10-20-12, 09:05 AM
That was hard to take in to account because everyone didn't give me there time zone, but the people who got the pumpkin first breeding were all in the first 10 minuets of the update. All those after missed. There was also those who did try in the first 10 and missed. The reason i'm looking in to time is to find out if TL puts a cap on the total amount they allow per hour.

Are the new releases the same time every week?

AkumaNeko
10-20-12, 09:30 AM
i would like to to one involving hybrids but would wait until the LE are done. I know people would rather focus on that with only 4 days to breed. In the mean while people can consider what dragons to use.

I say wait for next Thursday when there will be a new dragon. Hopefully it's not a diamond hybrid :)

goughy999
10-20-12, 10:51 AM
I don't mind which we use as long as I have the dragons capable.

But yea, the next new dragon does make sense in the fact that more people are likely to get involved

mico3
10-20-12, 02:35 PM
Interesting! I would definitely join in next time :) I actually did try according to the protocol, but close to the end of the experiment. I got a firestorm, and on the second try got an eagle. Will probably keep trying this until I get a pumpkin (a honeybee would be nice too).

summersalt
10-20-12, 03:37 PM
Can u clarify #5. I like our initiative to collect data. Im not sure what i think about breeding, rarity, or especially building placement, time of day, or level.. i think it may be as random as a pull on a slot machine lever or actually i think of it more as a radio show host saying caller #15 wins the prize.. But i reread #5. 10 times and still not sure what your saying. Are you saying you asked everyone what they tend to breed most often that gives them their rare/superrare dragons, but thats not what they actually bred for the experiment correct?

summersalt
10-20-12, 03:42 PM
I bred two pumpkins in about 24 hours, 1 honey bee (i didnt have yet), 1 scorpion (had two), and one eagle(did not have yet). If you would like my statistics to add to you experiment results let me know. I know exactly what i bred and at what level. However, i soon will forget as my memory is not all that good. Especially with the amount of dragons, and breedings that occur.

Thanks for sharing your results and experiments with the forum.

Sommer

Takiofallen
10-20-12, 10:06 PM
do you know what you element might be?
Interesting! I would definitely join in next time :) I actually did try according to the protocol, but close to the end of the experiment. I got a firestorm, and on the second try got an eagle. Will probably keep trying this until I get a pumpkin (a honeybee would be nice too).

Takiofallen
10-20-12, 10:11 PM
Ok if you take the rare dragons you breed the most and then add in the super rare you breed the most you should see an element you tend to breed better. Like for me i have bred 3 atlantis and 5 familiars. So my common element is forest. i have bred a quetzal in 2 tries and got my pegasus in 3 so i think elements play apart in how you breed.
Can u clarify #5. I like our initiative to collect data. Im not sure what i think about breeding, rarity, or especially building placement, time of day, or level.. i think it may be as random as a pull on a slot machine lever or actually i think of it more as a radio show host saying caller #15 wins the prize.. But i reread #5. 10 times and still not sure what your saying. Are you saying you asked everyone what they tend to breed most often that gives them their rare/superrare dragons, but thats not what they actually bred for the experiment correct?

AkumaNeko
10-20-12, 10:42 PM
Ok if you take the rare dragons you breed the most and then add in the super rare you breed the most you should see an element you tend to breed better. Like for me i have bred 3 atlantis and 5 familiars. So my common element is forest. i have bred a quetzal in 2 tries and got my pegasus in 3 so i think elements play apart in how you breed.

So if my most are Serpents (rare) & Seabreezes (super rare), then my common element is blue (water)?

Takiofallen
10-21-12, 10:19 AM
yup i have you down as Heavy water
So if my most are Serpents (rare) & Seabreezes (super rare), then my common element is blue (water)?

summersalt
10-21-12, 10:40 AM

Oh i see. Hmm. Not sure what mine would be. Most of the rares came from my scorpion. And then ive been breeding red and yellow for last few days. Before that i didnt really get any rares. I suppose my element would be fire. I think maybe i just need more time to see.

Thanks for explaining.
Som

ubobdgc
10-21-12, 10:42 AM
So many experiments 0_0

Takiofallen
10-21-12, 10:55 AM
Take a total of ALL you rares and super rares before the pumpkin that might help a little.
Oh i see. Hmm. Not sure what mine would be. Most of the rares came from my scorpion. And then ive been breeding red and yellow for last few days. Before that i didnt really get any rares. I suppose my element would be fire. I think maybe i just need more time to see.

Thanks for explaining.
Som

mico3
10-22-12, 12:36 PM
I have bred about the same number of genie, titan, mistmoth, eagle and sea breeze (sold most of them)... so I'd say magic is pretty prominent, and air/fire.

Update: about half an hour ago I gave up on the air/fire breeding combo for pumpkin and bred eagle/scorpion with a resulting time of 7 hours... it's still out there!

do you know what you element might be?

Nefertekas
10-22-12, 12:47 PM
I've bred three scorpions during the pumpkin thing, and did not get one . -.- so I have had like seven scorpions. Sick of them. Pumpkin is gone from my market now.

kooky panda
11-09-12, 02:31 PM
Closing as per OPs request