PDA

View Full Version : Haunted statue of liberty

lsloman
10-19-12, 04:38 PM
I was so excited to finally complete the goal for the statue of liberty. Only to be sooooooooooooo disapointed!!!! Even though you complete all the tasks, you don't actually get the prize like you normally do?? You still have to purchase it for 300,000 coins!!! Who has that kind of money? I completed the tasks....I want my prize!

mamareader02
10-19-12, 04:42 PM
Just check into ur game as much as what your lifestyle allows,you'll get enough coins in no time!

greatday2bealive
10-19-12, 07:47 PM
I've been ordering the 1 hour boxes then using the goods to supply businesses that give the most coins. Won't take as long as you think. So far I have about 70,000 (had 40,000 yesterday...would have more but redecorated a little)

hotbeef
10-20-12, 01:24 AM
I've been saving for about 6 days and I'm only halfway to 300,000...I only check in about 2 times daily though so if you can collect more often you can get there in that amount of time

TimeForACuppaTea
10-20-12, 01:44 AM
They pulled this same garbage in Bakery. Did the goals and earned the prize only to have to then buy it FOR GEMS. I mean come on. Not only did I lose money buy doing the stupid goals but now have to spend gems to get my prize. They are going downhill faster and faster.

benbever
10-20-12, 06:08 AM
I had 300,000 on hand.
The game limits expansion and building by letting you receive only 20 permits or community items a day. So, only able to build and expand slowly I got a lot of money, and I was happy to get something to spend it on.
The prize is great, it's a wonder, but it doesn't cost 1000 gems or 900,000 coins or more, but only a third of that.
Be prepared to be "disappointed" again when you find out that the statue requires a lot of community items to finish.

tr8on
10-23-12, 07:55 AM
Oh well... not sure I like the way it looks anyway.

BigFam
10-23-12, 12:07 PM
I too was a bit bummed at seeing how much it was going to cost. I just hope the possessed statue remains as an item and does not go away after a certain amount of time. I will be so upset if I keep saving and saving to buy it, then the goal just goes away because Halloween is over.

sweetstuff525
10-23-12, 12:18 PM
I too was a bit bummed at seeing how much it was going to cost. I just hope the possessed statue remains as an item and does not go away after a certain amount of time. I will be so upset if I keep saving and saving to buy it, then the goal just goes away because Halloween is over.

I think the goal will go away... But once you finished the goal that unlocks it we should be able to buy it after the goal expires which I think is 14 days left

Momoko_peach
10-24-12, 01:29 AM
Most of all, you'll have to build it afterwards, with pieces to ask to your neighbors... Really hard to achieve indeed.

hotbeef
10-27-12, 04:50 PM
I had the money but just cant find the logic to spend the coins that took so long to save and spend them on a Halloween decoration that is appropriate for 1 month during the year. To make back the money it costs to purchase the item it would take over a year to make a profit on it.

benbever
10-29-12, 03:55 AM
1200 coins x 1,2 (from visitors) x 365 (days in a year) is 525600 coins.
The thing costs 300000 coins so it takes less than a year to make a profit from it, even considering vacations or sometimes visitors not clicking.
It's by far the cheapest wonder, and makes your city look cooler, unless you dislike how it looks.

hotbeef
10-30-12, 01:33 AM
1200 coins x 1,2 (from visitors) x 365 (days in a year) is 525600 coins.
The thing costs 300000 coins so it takes less than a year to make a profit from it, even considering vacations or sometimes visitors not clicking.
It's by far the cheapest wonder, and makes your city look cooler, unless you dislike how it looks.

Sure it looks cool but what good is it after Halloween? I won't see a return on it because I doubt I will be playing it 6 months from now.

unosocite
10-30-12, 05:25 AM
They pulled this same garbage in Bakery. Did the goals and earned the prize only to have to then buy it FOR GEMS. I mean come on. Not only did I lose money buy doing the stupid goals but now have to spend gems to get my prize. They are going downhill faster and faster.

But I got my goal items for free in BS. There must be a bug with ur game. U should report it over?

mattyboo1
10-30-12, 05:31 AM
But I got my goal items for free in BS. There must be a bug with ur game. U should report it over?
You mean you didn't have to do the goals

benbever
10-30-12, 06:15 AM
Sure it looks cool but what good is it after Halloween? I won't see a return on it because I doubt I will be playing it 6 months from now.

If you plan on stopping then it won't matter anyway.
The best houses (mansion, glass tower) also only start giving a profit after about two months.
And the wonders are a goal in themselves.
The haunted statue of liberty only costs 300000. Other wonders cost three of four or ten times as much. And they give about the same per day (1200-1500.) They take not 6 months, but 18 or 24 or more months to 'earn themselves back.'

unosocite
10-30-12, 07:50 AM

I did do the goals. And got the prize items for free. (Lueann said he/she had to pay)

unosocite
10-30-12, 07:51 AM

Lol :D if I got the items without doing the goals, i'm the one whose game has bug. A 'good' bug though

nmid
11-07-12, 04:25 PM
I loved the haunted liberty and would have made two if I had known about it earlier....:(
Updated way too late as thought the update would be stupid and then hesitated at the big payouts in the middle.. Stupid me.

Logged in almost 10-12 times a day in the last three days to get the money in time :p

Also realised quite a bit to help me fine tune my game style ;).