PDA

View Full Version : Limited Edition Items

savage_mel
10-19-12, 10:34 AM
I dont mind having LE items at all but I think TL should give us more time to get one, or better yet, let us cancel breed/hatch times! I've tried for the pumpkin twice and got 12hr firestorm each time. Now I'm all stressed out because I only have three days left to get one! lol. I know the idea here is to force ppl into buying gold, but in BS and RS you can chose either to speed up a dish for gems or cancel it altogether. Even in FS you can get rid of crops you dont want. So why not DS, give us the option to speed up for gold, or cancel if we want

Lolas_Kryptonite
10-19-12, 11:11 AM
but in BS and RS you can chose either to speed up a dish for gems or cancel it altogether. Even in FS you can get rid of crops you dont want. So why not DS, give us the option to speed up for gold, or cancel if we want

Very true in all 3 games.

jackochbendji
10-19-12, 01:42 PM
I like the id? that not everyone should have all the limited dragons (except for those who buy gold) so dont be sad, think similar event will be at every holidays and then you or others get them but not the ppl before, its random and luck, i think its a fun chase for those limited dragons. But i do think its a bit sad if they chose to do it with combinations with 20+ breeding hours. But in all, i think its fun with this limited Dragons.

foxxiegirl
10-19-12, 04:45 PM
I dont mind having LE items at all but I think TL should give us more time to get one, or better yet, let us cancel breed/hatch times! I've tried for the pumpkin twice and got 12hr firestorm each time. Now I'm all stressed out because I only have three days left to get one! lol. I know the idea here is to force ppl into buying gold, but in BS and RS you can chose either to speed up a dish for gems or cancel it altogether. Even in FS you can get rid of crops you dont want. So why not DS, give us the option to speed up for gold, or cancel if we want

We can speed up for gold......Hit the breed button and the number of hrs left is the amount of gold it'll cost you to speed up.

kwhales
10-19-12, 06:06 PM
I like LE items. I just wish we had a real chance to get them. I breeded 7 firestorms, 2 without gold, the rest with the use of gold. I didn't buy any, I just used what I had. But still didn't get any LE's. I don't see why TL couldn't (can't) make them more obtainable. I mean, why not offer these items to us current players as a thank you. Then have them disappear, so no new players would be able to get them. Just us. Other games do this. They offer obtainable limited time items in appreciation for current players. Why not here?

I'm done trying to get an LE. There are too many other dragons I need, and the frenzy over them is just not worth it anymore.

jaxe13
10-20-12, 04:28 AM
Awesome idea!!! they should really start doing that at least give us the option to buy a LE dragon for coins so that only active players would have them

lorie82794
10-20-12, 05:07 AM
5 Firestorm dragons and 24 gold used--still no pumpkin dragon. Some ppl say they got it on the first try. TL is money hungry and I don't like it!!!

savage_mel
10-20-12, 01:01 PM
We can speed up for gold......Hit the breed button and the number of hrs left is the amount of gold it'll cost you to speed up.
I know that. I do sometimes. But I don't want to waste a bunch of gold hatching countless firestorms. It's a waste of money. In all the all the other games you have a choice...speed up for gems or cancel. I think it should be the same for DS

savage_mel
10-20-12, 01:38 PM
5 Firestorm dragons and 24 gold used--still no pumpkin dragon. Some ppl say they got it on the first try. TL is money hungry and I don't like it!!!
Very true! I'm breeding my 5th firestorm now. Its very frustrating

foxxiegirl
10-20-12, 04:50 PM
I know that. I do sometimes. But I don't want to waste a bunch of gold hatching countless firestorms. It's a waste of money. In all the all the other games you have a choice...speed up for gems or cancel. I think it should be the same for DS

Well think about it....in the other games we don't have the unknown.
Bakery for one, if you don't want to bake cheesecake,sure change it for cookies. However you knew!when you started the cheesecake it was a cheesecake. In Dragon we don't know the outcome until the dice have been rolled. So clearly here it's not the same at all.

LilMzB4Life
10-20-12, 05:59 PM
I have a pumpkin breeding now but I wasn't trying to get one. I was using mindvolt(6)/life(6) and got 7 hr breed time on 3rd try. First was magic, then life, and 3rd try 7 hr breed time. Maybe my combination will help someone who is trying to get it. Good luck everyone.

krisypie1
10-20-12, 06:32 PM
I have a pumpkin breeding right now also, after 5 firestorms, a parakeet, and a wild, I switched dragons, finally got a pumpkin with fire lvl 7, and air lvl 7

savage_mel
10-20-12, 07:14 PM
Well think about it....in the other games we don't have the unknown.
Bakery for one, if you don't want to bake cheesecake,sure change it for cookies. However you knew!when you started the cheesecake it was a cheesecake. In Dragon we don't know the outcome until the dice have been rolled. So clearly here it's not the same at all.
Umm..I dont really get your point. I understand about the surprise factor and all, but I dont think its really all that different. I think once your egg hits the nest, and you realize it's yet another firestorm, or worse - an island!, you should get to cancel the egg. You've already waited through the breeding time and if its something you dont want, you should get the choice

savage_mel
10-20-12, 07:15 PM
I have a pumpkin breeding right now also, after 5 firestorms, a parakeet, and a wild, I switched dragons, finally got a pumpkin with fire lvl 7, and air lvl 7
Congrats! I've been using Fire & Air and have no luck :-(

mattyboo1
10-20-12, 07:16 PM
Congrats! I've been using Fire & Air and have no luck :-( i used fire and air and it took me about 15 tries.

sourlicorice5
10-20-12, 07:19 PM
Umm..I dont really get your point. I understand about the surprise factor and all, but I dont think its really all that different. I think once your egg hits the nest, and you realize it's yet another firestorm, or worse - an island!, you should get to cancel the egg. You've already waited through the breeding time and if its something you dont want, you should get the choice

I agree. I'd love to be able to cancel the egg once we get it if it's something we have and don't want another of.

spiralraindrop
10-20-12, 07:34 PM
I haven't managed to get the pumpkin dragon yet.
I got the witch my dragon but my friend didn't, so I feel bad for her. She really wanted the witch.
So the LE items can get a bit frustrating.

foxxiegirl
10-20-12, 07:41 PM

My point is you CAN cancel it if you want to at the cost of gold..... in a game of chance you need to pay to cancel. In bakery and the other games it's totally different it's not chance. If we had to power to just breed and cancel over and over and over just because we don't like the dragon we got the game would be pointless......

10-20-12, 08:17 PM
[UOTE=foxxiegirl;432465]My point is you CAN cancel it if you want to at the cost of gold..... in a game of chance you need to pay to cancel. In bakery and the other games it's totally different it's not chance. If we had to power to just breed and cancel over and over and over just because we don't like the dragon we got the game would be pointless......[/QUOTE]

Why? What would be pointless? We are doing that now only it takes twice as long because you have to let an egg you do not want hatch and then you sell it. If you canceled an unwanted egg you only have the breed time. At least with an egg it isn't quite as difficult as selling a baby. I probably would be over run with firestorms, mist, corals, and eagles. All of which are darling babies.

rhinokimchi
10-20-12, 08:34 PM
so far I have gotten 3 eagles, 1 honey bee, 1 firestorm. No Pumpkin. I don't even want eagles anymore.. I have way too many

10-20-12, 08:44 PM
Awesome idea!!! they should really start doing that at least give us the option to buy a LE dragon for coins so that only active players would have them

This is a really great idea. Then those who are active players at the time would have the speial dragons showing how long they have been playing and give incentive to new players to play and collect some special dragons.

uevenliftbro
10-20-12, 08:50 PM
This is a really great idea. Then those who are active players at the time would have the speial dragons showing how long they have been playing and give incentive to new players to play and collect some special dragons.

Lol, good idea, but where are we going to put these dragons when they wont increase the habitat count..

kwhales
10-21-12, 07:33 AM
They're going to have to increase the habitat allottment soon. Too many players are at the limit which means no gold is being bought. They will also have to increase the level limit too. Again, people wll be getting bored with level 63 and move on to other possible non TL games.

mikkeyg
10-21-12, 09:13 AM
ya but TL wants more money they want you to buy more gold to speed things up, so if they gave us the option of cancelling the egg, then they lose out on the chance that we'll buy more gold

kwhales
10-21-12, 09:39 AM
ya but TL wants more money they want you to buy more gold to speed things up, so if they gave us the option of cancelling the egg, then they lose out on the chance that we'll buy more gold

Yeah, but if they give us the option to cancel the egg, with the use of gold (not too much mind you), players will still have to buy gold, especially those who will stop hatching a lot.

savage_mel
10-21-12, 11:19 AM
[UOTE=foxxiegirl;432465]My point is you CAN cancel it if you want to at the cost of gold..... in a game of chance you need to pay to cancel. In bakery and the other games it's totally different it's not chance. If we had to power to just breed and cancel over and over and over just because we don't like the dragon we got the game would be pointless......

Why? What would be pointless? We are doing that now only it takes twice as long because you have to let an egg you do not want hatch and then you sell it. If you canceled an unwanted egg you only have the breed time. At least with an egg it isn't quite as difficult as selling a baby. I probably would be over run with firestorms, mist, corals, and eagles. All of which are darling babies.[/QUOTE]
My point exactly :-)

savage_mel
10-21-12, 11:21 AM
so far I have gotten 3 eagles, 1 honey bee, 1 firestorm. No Pumpkin. I don't even want eagles anymore.. I have way too many

I know! This is getting rediculous....5 Firestorms, a scorpion, and i think im breeding a honeybee now. Still no pumpkin, and its the last day! eeeek!

dotranwumpas
10-21-12, 11:28 AM
I never had any luck with fire air hybrids

goughy999
10-21-12, 11:35 AM
Yeah, but if they give us the option to cancel the egg, with the use of gold (not too much mind you), players will still have to buy gold, especially those who will stop hatching a lot.

they would probably charge a half or maybe a quater of what it would cost to speed up.

s_lynne
10-21-12, 12:55 PM
I'm on my 16th FireStorm. I recently told a friend to start playing the game and on his second try he got the witch dragon and on his first try he got the pumpkin dragon. Really?????? I don't think that's fair at all. My frustration level is through the roof. I refuse to spend any more money to speed up breeding times for any unwanted dragons. There really needs to be a limit on how many times a person must breed before they can get the dragon.

kwhales
10-21-12, 02:22 PM
I'm on my 16th FireStorm. I recently told a friend to start playing the game and on his second try he got the witch dragon and on his first try he got the pumpkin dragon. Really?????? I don't think that's fair at all. My frustration level is through the roof. I refuse to spend any more money to speed up breeding times for any unwanted dragons. There really needs to be a limit on how many times a person must breed before they can get the dragon.

Why? look at all the attention TL is getting. and this is just for halloween. Here in the US, Thanksgiving is coming--maybe a turkey dragon. Then there's Christmas right around the corner. TL's not thinking about us, they are thinking about $$$$.

For Christmas it would be cool for them to release several different dragons all at once, easier to get, and with all the same breeding times. That way, you won't know what your getting until the egg appears or it hatches--you know, like a present at christmas time.

cr4zy_eights
10-21-12, 02:54 PM
I'm so over this game. I've got dozens of firestorms floating around and I've sold dozens. I'm just over it. O.v.e.r. I.t.

KadeeDid
10-21-12, 02:59 PM
I'm so over this game. I've got dozens of firestorms floating around and I've sold dozens. I'm just over it. O.v.e.r. I.t.

I have just been playing since August and am bored too. I keep getting the same dragons.

Do you sell right away or hatch, check the name and then sell? I haven't sold any yet but need to as I am getting full. I stopped breeding for a while. same with Monster Story.