PDA

View Full Version : What do you do about neighbors who don't collect their tips?

SarahGiraffe
10-19-12, 07:26 AM
And I don't mean the ones who have obviously left the game, I mean the ones who you can tell are still playing, because they have new food cooking every day.

I'm just asking, because I have this problem in RS, and it's really annoying, because then I can't give them new tips because every one of their tables are covered with tips.

And I don't want to drop the neighbors who are still playing, but I don't know what to do.

marrrina
10-19-12, 07:31 AM
I have one neighbor who doesn't want people tipping her, thus she leaves the very few tables she has full indefinitely. I think it's because she doesn't want people to post on her wall (and has it on her wall, in a nut shell, "I know I'm full, don't post that on my wall."

Not really sure why someone wouldn't want tips, as it's free money.

In my case I don't have time to check tips when I'm at work so I get full pretty early in the morning and remain that way until late afternoon, so maybe that's the case for neighbors you struggle to leave tips for.

JohnDede
10-19-12, 08:56 AM
And I don't want to drop the neighbors who are still playing, but I don't know what to do.

Your social rating comes from your visiting and tipping, so neighbors who don't fit the way you play are not helpful. I got to the point where I would add only those who describe themselves as daily tippers, because daily tippers will clear their tables daily.

I keep track of those I can't tip on the first time through. Makes for a short list when I go back for those who just hadn't cleared early. I can look at that tracking and tell how many days I've found full tables, all day, for which neighbor. As I add new neighbors who fit the way I play, I remove those that are not a good fit for me.

Having neighbors is a two way street. There's no reason to be frustrated by neighbors who don't fit your play. Replace them and delete them. This is not a test, it's supposed to be fun.

sweetstuff525
10-19-12, 09:06 AM
I'm on of those people recently.. Lol
The reason I don't clear my tables is because I have not been tipping recently so I don't want others to tip me and expect a tip back when I'm not active tipper everyday... Like that they can't say oh I always tip you and you never tip me back

Hopes it makes sense

arale_norimaki
10-19-12, 09:18 AM
I have one of those neighbors. like sweetstuff,25 she does not tip, but she cooks, sends parts everyday and accepts requests. She was very straight forward about her playing style and I don't mind, just like some of my tipping neighbors are much slower accepting requests.
In the end, I always have some kind of link with my neighbors: they must be either tippers, gifters or accepters (lol) to stay on my list. I don't see why I should keep them otherwise

nmishii
10-19-12, 10:33 AM
I have been traveling coast to coast (USA) a lot for business lately and there is a 3 hr difference in time zones. I don't have the time I used to for playing. I leave tips on my tables because I don't have time to tip back most days. If I tip, its after work, and I'll clear my tables and tip neighbors. When I tip, I'll often post on my neighbors wall that I am still traveling, busy, and don't have much time to play. Many have posted back that its okay, to take care of real life stuff first. I gift daily and accept requests.

I can't stop people from watering my farm, so I'll go through my neighbor list on most days and water the players who usually water, whether they have watered my farm or not. I have 25 neighbors and 8 only send gifts, so it doesn't take that much time.

iSleepyPanda
10-20-12, 11:08 AM
It doesn't bother me if they're full. I just move on to the next neighbor.

My tables are usually full because I work long hours (14 - 16 hours, 6 days a week). I usually clear when I have time to tip or my recipes are ready to serve. I don't usually check several times a day to clear tips. Just don't have the time.

Fuzzwuzz1
10-21-12, 11:13 AM
Here is my method. If they are full two times in a row that I visit them, I delete them. I do not delete them if they are a good neighbor, or if they have a reason for being full such as going on vacation.

howdy2you
10-21-12, 11:24 AM
I don't enjoy tipping anymore. It's like a tedious chore. A good neighbor to me is one tha answers my requests for parts. Those are often zero star tippers. The neighbors that bug me me the most are the ones that have expectations of me. I will try to accommodate them (grudgingly).

iSleepyPanda
10-21-12, 12:01 PM
I don't enjoy tipping anymore. It's like a tedious chore. A good neighbor to me is one tha answers my requests for parts. Those are often zero star tippers. The neighbors that bug me me the most are the ones that have expectations of me. I will try to accommodate them (grudgingly).

^^This

I'm finding more and more the really good neighbors I have are 0 stars. I don't care if my neighbors tip me back. I only ask to send parts only and answer part request. I'll do the same in return and tip when I have the time. If their tables are full, it's just a sign of real life comes first lol. They'll clear when they have the time. It really isn't a big deal.

IanBR
10-22-12, 03:07 PM
Couldn't agree more with howdy2you and iSleepyPanda. My style of play as well...

shalla666
10-24-12, 09:25 AM
I try to tip every day, but had issues visiting after the Halloween versions came out. Fixed RS (Cheeky Chowder), still have to fix BS (Robin's Nest), and can't even gift or visit in FS (Robin's NEST) due to forced closed. I'm keeping my ngb list small so that I can try and tip everyone everyday, but with the holiday season coming on it's getting harder and harder.

If I don't hear something in two months I just delete, unless my ngb told me they would be offline that long or I know they have severe health issues. I figure that two months was fair enough to either see a tip or request accepted from a ngb. After that, I assume they quit playing.