PDA

View Full Version : To expand, or not to expand: that is the question

maximinidan
10-19-12, 07:08 AM
So, I've reached level 63, and I have 30 habitats and 90 dragons, and this morning out of habit I went to spend silver coins to expand and realized I have absolutely no reason to expand other than to probably find another bitter tree with a fungus rock hiding beneath it. Now, I've moved on to be perplexed as to why I should bother expanding ever again!
I guess if they eventually add the goals to find the golden tree on android, that will change the situation, but meanwhile... I guess I'll keep my coins for some diamond dates!
Any thoughts?

tr8on
10-19-12, 07:17 AM
So, I've reached level 63, and I have 30 habitats and 90 dragons, and this morning out of habit I went to spend silver coins to expand and realized I have absolutely no reason to expand other than to probably find another bitter tree with a fungus rock hiding beneath it. Now, I've moved on to be perplexed as to why I should bother expanding ever again!
I guess if they eventually add the goals to find the golden tree on android, that will change the situation, but meanwhile... I guess I'll keep my coins for some diamond dates!
Any thoughts?

Maybe use the new expansions to decorate the island? Reorganize the habitats? At least that's what I would do... if you haven't already.

Horntail21
10-19-12, 09:03 AM
I plan on keeping going. Getting all the dragons, one of each other than the LE's I can't get, then expanding as much as I can to open up some space to do some decorating. Eventually we will get more habitats I believe.

snake073
10-19-12, 03:30 PM
Come visit me and see what you can do if you keep expanding. I have nearly cleared every island. My ID is snake073

kwhales
10-19-12, 06:23 PM
Ditto to the above. Although I am nowhere near level 63 (I'm almost at 30), I'd keep expanding. Clear as much as you can at these prices. You never know if and when TL will increase the habitat allowance and up the top level. and if they do, chances are prices may go up and then you will kick yourself when you have to spend more coins to do somethng you could have done for cheaper (now).

So expand and decorate. you can always sell the decorations if habitats become available.

azychan
10-20-12, 01:55 AM
I have coins to expand but i don't have enough coins to clear trees or stones. Android version don't have golden or anything, since i can't clear bitter bark trees (cost 800k) i cant put any habitat to my island (i had 27 habitats already)
I keep expanding my island, if TL decrease the prices, i will have lots of things to do :)

Hadley__
10-20-12, 03:01 AM
Im also at level 63 and Im still expanding. The money for expanding is easy to get (not clearing) and its 3 days so in the mean time Im buying diamond dates!

maximinidan
10-21-12, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the input! I'll keep expanding, but maybe not so much clearing...

kwhales
10-21-12, 09:40 AM
if you can afford to clear too, do it. you never know when the price will go up.

thedarkknight
10-21-12, 09:45 AM
I would continue expanding just because you never know when TL will push a new update that allows for more habitats and more dragons but also bumps up the price of expanding and clearing...,

Lolas_Kryptonite
10-21-12, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the input! I'll keep expanding, but maybe not so much clearing...

Yeah that's what I'm doing. Just expanding, I'll clear when I have extra lots of cash.