PDA

View Full Version : Accessing Menu from Neighbors

doobert
10-18-12, 05:51 AM
Why is there no way to get to the menu from a neighbors island? When you want to see your news feed, you have to go home first. I usually visit my neighbors from the News Tab...but I have to go home every time I want to open it.....its really annoying:mad:

tr8on
10-18-12, 06:08 AM
If you go to Social and then hit the back button at top left... it will take you to the Main Menu. :)

doobert
10-18-12, 06:19 AM
There is no back button when i go to social from a neghbors island??

Nefertekas
10-18-12, 07:12 AM
While in my neighbours' islands, I merely tap the SOCIAL button at the bottom so that I can see my list of neighbors. The list will change as you visit them, since the ones you have already visited will tend to go to the bottom.

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Nefertekas/image_zpscaa58951.jpg

And if you hit the little blue BACK button on the top left corner of your "SOCIAL" window, it will take you to your news feed and whatnot without leaving your neighbor's island that you are currently visiting ;)

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Nefertekas/image_zps64109253.jpg

Nefertekas
10-18-12, 07:14 AM
(By the way, can anyone else see the litte number four atvthe boottom left corner of my acreenshots? It noy appears i. My neighbors. Frwaking me out, lol xD)

Nefertekas
10-18-12, 07:15 AM
I hate my iPad's keyboard sometimes.

Can anyone see the little number four at the bottom left corner of my screenshots? It only appears in my neighbors' islands and is freaking me out xD

kooky panda
10-18-12, 07:20 AM
I hate my iPad's keyboard sometimes.

Can anyone see the little number four at the bottom left corner of my screenshots? It only appears in my neighbors' islands and is freaking me out xD
You will only see your level when you are at a neighbors , you will not see your level when you are on your own island.

Nefertekas
10-18-12, 07:29 AM
You will only see your level when you are at a neighbors , you will not see your level when you are on your own island.

Oh, that's my level? Dear goodness, I had NO idea, really!! I did not know what that number was. Lololol I feel silly xD

tr8on
10-18-12, 07:40 AM
Oh, that's my level? Dear goodness, I had NO idea, really!! I did not know what that number was. Lololol I feel silly xD

No... I see the #4 on your SS... your level is on the top left of your home screen... which in this case looks like it's 63. The 4 only appears on the first SS though... I use iPhone so not really sure what to tell you. Lol. :)

NM... don't listen to me. :P

tr8on
10-18-12, 07:42 AM
I do notice that you DO NOT have a social rating at the bottom left of your SS.... could the 4 indicate your rating instead of the eggs?

dragonlord196
10-18-12, 08:08 AM
Why is there no way to get to the menu from a neighbors island? When you want to see your news feed, you have to go home first. I usually visit my neighbors from the News Tab...but I have to go home every time I want to open it.....its really annoying:mad:

If you are playing this game on an Anrdoid Phone/Tablet, the Blue Back Button is not at the top of the social menu. This feature is only available on the iPhone/iPad version of the game.

I reported this the day after the game was released for the Android operating system, but to date this has not been fixed. I did receive a response from Team Lava support indicating that they are aware of this issue but again have not yet provided a fix. This GREATLY impacts play on the game. I can visit 5 neighbors on my iPad to every 1 visited on my Android device. I have only once achieved a social rating of 4 on my Android device due to this issue/slow play.

Nefertekas
10-18-12, 08:56 AM
No... I see the #4 on your SS... your level is on the top left of your home screen... which in this case looks like it's 63. The 4 only appears on the first SS though... I use iPhone so not really sure what to tell you. Lol. :)

NM... don't listen to me. :P
I think the four indicates my social rating like Kooky Panda said, because the screenshots are from a neighbor's island. I'm level 52 , not 63 ;)

kooky panda
10-18-12, 08:56 AM
I do notice that you DO NOT have a social rating at the bottom left of your SS.... could the 4 indicate your rating instead of the eggs?

yes, once you hit level 4, you change from eggs to the number 4

Nefertekas
10-18-12, 08:57 AM
If you are playing this game on an Anrdoid Phone/Tablet, the Blue Back Button is not at the top of the social menu. This feature is only available on the iPhone/iPad version of the game.

I reported this the day after the game was released for the Android operating system, but to date this has not been fixed. I did receive a response from Team Lava support indicating that they are aware of this issue but again have not yet provided a fix. This GREATLY impacts play on the game. I can visit 5 neighbors on my iPad to every 1 visited on my Android device. I have only once achieved a social rating of 4 on my Android device due to this issue/slow play.

That's reqlly uncool!!

kooky panda
10-18-12, 08:57 AM

Not sure where this stands, but I will check.

doobert
10-18-12, 10:15 AM

Thanks...thought i was going crazy with people telling me there is a back button......i'm on android

jrodt333
10-18-12, 11:32 AM
yes, once you hit level 4, you change from eggs to the number 4

I'm just a little curious, when you get the 4, is it still possible for your rating to go down or does it stay at 4 forever?

tr8on
10-18-12, 11:43 AM
I'm just a little curious, when you get the 4, is it still possible for your rating to go down or does it stay at 4 forever?

If it's like any other TL game... yes it goes back down after a while.

bigsteve03
10-18-12, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I really wish you could get back to the main menu on android phones. The hopping back between your home and a neighbor's island over and over is the main reason the game crashes all the time for me.

kooky panda
10-18-12, 01:12 PM
To keep your 4 level, you will need to keep playing with dragons. It can drop back down.

kooky panda
10-18-12, 01:15 PM

Okay I checked on this.
This is not a glitch on android.
The bug is actually on the iOS games.
The blue arrow is not suppose to be there as it may cause some issues. The issues are rare and players shouldn't even experience it, but it is a bug, that is why it is not on the android games.

tr8on
10-18-12, 01:46 PM
Okay I checked on this.
The blue arrow is not suppose to be there as it may cause some issues. The issues are rare and players shouldn't even experience it, but it is a bug, that is why it is not on the android games.

They should just leave it and implement it on Android. :) I use it all the time... never had any issues with it.

Nefertekas
10-18-12, 02:16 PM
Okay I checked on this.
Weird! I never had problems so i hope they won't remove the button :)

accisse
10-19-12, 04:57 AM
While we're waiting for TL to add a menu button, android users try out this quick fix. I'm not sure if it will work for all android devices, but it works on samsung galaxy S2. Found it by accident :)

Use the phone's menu button (or whatsitsname, the one to the left of home button) and menu pops up.