PDA

View Full Version : How do you breed?

Takiofallen
10-16-12, 01:42 PM
1. Are you a mixer or a straight up breeder. Meaning if magic and fire is required do you use a pure bred or a hybrid combo.

2. Do you use the same dragons for all your breeding or do you use a few of the same type but different levels.

I only use purebreds for all my breeding

i always use the same dragons and in epic form (tried that non epic form breeding and it never work for me.

Horntail21
10-16-12, 01:45 PM
I try to use hybrids of the same colors if I'm going for a certain type. Like say I wanted a scorpion I'd go eagle x eagle or eagle x honeybee. If I use purse I seem to only get the lowest hybrids.

Horntail21
10-16-12, 01:46 PM
*pures

lala_gabbana
10-16-12, 01:48 PM
If pures dont work for me after a few tries, i use mixed breeds, both epics

Horntail21
10-16-12, 01:50 PM
I don't pay much attention to levels. Didn't seem to matter much to me. I did go on a good run using level 4 dragons for a bit but my diamond came from an epic and a 7.

hyper_ch
10-16-12, 02:12 PM
Level doesn't seem to matter for breeding

totaltechno
10-16-12, 02:17 PM
..except there has to be some sort of variable algorithm other than color combos.

hyper_ch
10-16-12, 02:23 PM
there has to be

source?

totaltechno
10-16-12, 02:26 PM
ok i have no source, i was mainly saying that out of speculation.

Martin323
10-16-12, 02:43 PM
My "theory" is, there might be a table for each 2 dragons breeding. Saying what is the percentage chance of getting a common, rare, super rare and ultra rare.
For example:
Breeding Firestorm and Island can result in:
60% chance of getting a common - which can be firestorm, island, mist, fruitful or life.
25% chance of getting a rare - athletic, eagle, fairy, magic, mindvolt, serpent or wild.
12% chance of getting a super rare - atlantis, clown, forestfire, honeybee, landworm, mermaid, parakeet, scorpion, seabreeze.
3% chance of getting an ultra rare - diamond or infinity.

Takiofallen
10-16-12, 02:47 PM
My problem is that i know it's not truly random. There is no way for some people being able to breed a certain type of a dragon more then anyone else if it's truly random.

hyper_ch
10-16-12, 02:52 PM
My problem is that i know it's not truly random. There is no way for some people being able to breed a certain type of a dragon more then anyone else if it's truly random.

Yet true randomness just gives you those results since true randomness doesn't allow statisticall evenness (is that even a word?)

Takiofallen
10-16-12, 03:07 PM
lol........ True randomness does not explain why some one would breed more of one super rare then another when the combos are even. Which means there are factors used to decide what is bred.

hyper_ch
10-16-12, 03:13 PM
true randomness explains it....

Horntail21
10-16-12, 03:47 PM
I don't think it's random. It may be very close to random like a slot machine but the game has to be written in code and all broken down to ones and zeros right? I may be out of touch with technology but is it possible for someone to write a code where it creates true randomness or just create something close and call it random.

Takiofallen
10-16-12, 03:53 PM
In order to be truly random it must be unpredictable and limit less there goes randomness

Nefertekas
10-16-12, 05:21 PM
It's quite random, but I think certain games have more odds inclining for certain eggs than for others. How else would I have gotten four scorpions, and know people who barely managed one? And I can't get a seabreeze for the life of me, (speaking of life, I hate them) and some people have, like, SIX. Oh well.

I usually go straight for the pure types, but will try on hybrids when I'm feeling frisky. Can't say which work best for me...don't usually pay much attention anywhoo :p

tr8on
10-17-12, 06:13 AM
Most of the time just mixed four different types just to see what kind of luck I have. Lol.