PDA

View Full Version : Game lagging

zoroak
10-15-12, 07:15 AM
Recently noticed that my game is lagging badly. Getting the processing popup, takes forever to post (even typing in IDs to invite potential nbrs!), visiting high lvl nbrs takes forever, a couple of nbrs are not accessible with the "Internet connection lost" error message, even having the '-1 energy' situation and game resetting to a few second before.

I know Charsville (hi nbr!) has this problem, anyone else with the same? Visiting low level nbrs seem to be quicker and I know visiting my own city from another device takes forever (that car chugs up and down 20 times before I can enter it!).

coolgamegirl27
10-15-12, 07:47 AM
This game is getting almost unplayable. I am also a nbr of Charsville and trying to visit crashes my game. I have alot of large citys as nbrs and it takes forever to do my rounds. Bring back original City Story never had this problem there, thought this was supposed to be a better version.

sugarpinch
10-22-12, 05:01 PM
I'm starting to loose my neighbors because of it! The lagging is ****ing this supposedly great game

hotbeef
10-23-12, 01:37 AM
The design upgrade contains too much memory which is causing theses problems with the games. I'm sure team lava is busy working to find a solution to this problem although it could take some time. This is the same reason as to why there is a level cap for the time being and no mystery items.

FlyingMonkee
10-23-12, 10:01 AM
If you are visiting a large city or have a large city yourself, there will be some slowdown, but we are aware of this and are investigating the slowdowns.

Also, if you have have a lot of apps running in your background you may exhaust resources that could be allocated to play the game. What device are you playing your game on?

Recently noticed that my game is lagging badly. Getting the processing popup, takes forever to post (even typing in IDs to invite potential nbrs!), visiting high lvl nbrs takes forever, a couple of nbrs are not accessible with the "Internet connection lost" error message, even having the '-1 energy' situation and game resetting to a few second before.

I know Charsville (hi nbr!) has this problem, anyone else with the same? Visiting low level nbrs seem to be quicker and I know visiting my own city from another device takes forever (that car chugs up and down 20 times before I can enter it!).

benbever
10-23-12, 10:38 AM
Charsville is broken, but I have no problem visiting other high-level high-population neighbors.
My city is pretty big (13,000) but I haven't had problems with slowdown or connection. I'm on iPhone4.

Charsville
10-25-12, 08:15 PM
I haven't been able to play most of this month. Now some of my nbrs cities are also crashing. I'm on iPad3, so my device isn't an issue. My latest request for help is listed as solved and has been closed, but they did nothing and I still can't open my city.

zoroak
10-27-12, 02:04 PM
If you are visiting a large city or have a large city yourself, there will be some slowdown, but we are aware of this and are investigating the slowdowns.

Also, if you have have a lot of apps running in your background you may exhaust resources that could be allocated to play the game. What device are you playing your game on?

I'm playing on the new iPad (aka iPad 3) and force quitting all apps does not help. I have a lvl 40 large-ish city but not huge by any means and I only have lag problems visiting large cities. When I visit my own city from another device (iPhone 4), I experience the same lag. Tend not to post nor proactively visit neighbours as this is now too time consuming.

Charsville
10-27-12, 02:56 PM
First you notice game lag which gets longer and longer. Then game starts crashing a lot when you post. Next comes the stupid pop up saying no Internet connection try again. And finally you can't open your city no matter what you do. Deleting and downloading game won't help anymore. Then you wait and wait and wait for Team Lava to fix game. They list your request for help as solved and closes your request, but game still won't open and you wait and wait and wait. Still waiting for help.

The only solution at this time is to keep your city small. Put a lot of your city in storage if you want your game to run well. Or you can be like me and wait and wait and wait for someone to help fix your city. I've only been able to play for 2 hours this month. Still waiting for help so I can open Charsville and play the game.

benbever
10-29-12, 03:51 AM
It's really bad TL can't fix your city.

I'm expanding my city until I get lag/disconnects and then make it a bit smaller until there is a fix.

hotbeef
10-30-12, 01:40 AM
TL won't respond because they don't want to give false hope and it's possible they have no solution for this issue.

nmid
11-07-12, 03:04 PM
It's really bad TL can't fix your city.

I'm expanding my city until I get lag/disconnects and then make it a bit smaller until there is a fix.

That's what I plan on doing.. Only at 5k odd with community cap of 8k ;).
I think I'll aim for 11k or the standard 1337(stupid rounding off...1330 then).

Ben, add me up if you like.. I'll see if ur id is benbever in game.
mine is the same, Nmid.