PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: FAQs

Pages : [1] 2

maguar
10-14-12, 03:25 PM
I've compiled a list of common questions and answers from the game. This list isn't complete and I will add to it.

The Potion Shop is Locked by Goal. How do I get It?

You need to expand to Ivy (the Tree Lady). She will give you a quest that unlocks the Potion Shop.

I just went up a level and it says I can get x building. When I try to buy it, it tells me I need to level up. Help

There is a limit to the number of each type of building you can have per level. If you really want the new building you can sell one of the existing types.

The types are Royal, Town, Resource, Crafting and Special. To see the different types of building go into the Market, click on Buildings then select the appropriate tab. This will show you all the buildings of that type.

A Fangbeast is appearing in front of my Kitchen. I can't use the Kitchen to craft the Meat Cleaver to defeat it. What do I do?

You can defeat the Fang Beast without the cleaver. You may need a sword (not sure as I already had a sword when I saw my first monster. A Homemade Sword can be made in the Workshop a Longsword can be made in the Magic Forge.

Click on it and it will give you an option of which sword strike you want to use. There's a chance that a particular stroke may be more effective reducing the number of hits needed to defeat the monster.

I have to build the Conservatory. Where do I get Red Petals from?

You can go to your neighbours and post on their wall asking them to gift you Red Petals.

They are a rare drop from Patch of Tall Grass, Plant In A Log, Old Log, Bushes, Ferns. You will also sometimes get them from Ivy's Hut.

I need LOTS of Glimmerdust. Where do I get it?

Glimmerdust is a rare drop from: Fern Patch, Patch of Tall Grass, Plant in a Log, Old Log, Dead Tree, Mushroom Patch, Mushroom Circle and Red Mushroom Circle. Red Mushroom Circles seem to drop it a little more frequently. They also have a chance of dropping 2.

You can also go to your neighbours and ask them to gift it to you.

How come all my neighbours are maxed on Gifts/How come I don't get many Gifts?

You can only send three gifts per day. Depending on what gift you want to send there are further limits. You can only send 1 Jewels. You can only send 2 Silver Ore or Fur.

Also if your neighbours have reached the maximum for that item you will not be able to send it. Try sending another gift to see if that works.

I'm doing the "Of Telescopes and Tablets" quest. What do I need to find?

Something that can be Polished to a Shine is Silver Ore.

Something that Focuses Light is Jewels

Something that Shimmers and Shines is Mermaid Scales

I already have the materials for "Of Telescopes and Tables". Why won't it recognise them?

You have to find the materials after starting the quest.

I have a quest to harvest x crops. I've got them why aren't they recognised?

You have to harvest them after you started the quest. Also it is the number of times you harvest them not the quantity you receive (sometimes you get a bonus item).

I have x neighbours. I sent them all a request to get x. I've only had 10 back. What gives?

You can only receive 20 requests back each day. When you send the request out to everyone it can clog up the system for you. For most quests you should pick 20-30 people that you know will respond.

How do I get Bones/Fur/Rat Tails?

These are all drops from monsters. Monsters sometimes appear when you are performing actions around your Kingdom. Skunkupines tend to appear when collecting from crops, mining, chopping or tending plants. Fangbeast tend to appear when you collect from Buildings and animals. Glimmer Trolls tend to appear when collecting from coin buildings, resource buildings and mushrooms.

Sometimes you will get these items as a reward from adventures or collecting from Ivy's Hut.

How do I get Living Wood?

You can get Living Wood from chopping trees, collecting from Sawmills and chopping Old Logs. It may also come from Plant In A Log, Tree Log and Dead Trees but I need verification on these.

I have x energy and my neighbour has y. Why do we have different amounts?

The first thing that impacts your energy cap is the level you are on. Each level increases your energy by 1 until you hit the maximum.

There was an update that gave all existing players a cap of 40 energy. Players who started after that update have a cap of 30.

Who is this Stormie person? I don't remember inviting them

Stormie is the Teamlava display kingdom. You can visit Stormie to bump up your social rating. You call also send requests which Stormie will respond. (Like asking for Red Petals from the Conservatory).

maguar
10-17-12, 05:06 AM
I expanded but the land had nothing on it. Where are my rocks and trees?

While most blocks have a variety of items there are a couple that have nothing on them. Think of it as a good way to have space to build without have to use energy to clear it.

But I needed the trees and rocks. What do I do?

You've got a couple of different options. In my opinion your best bet is to have mines and sawmills. They give multiple wood/stone with the chance of other items. Otherwise you can buy trees, old logs, dead trees and plant in a log for wood. You can buy iron rich rocks, small rock piles and rock outcroppings for stone.

I used to be able to request Wisp Lanterns now I can't. Why'd they take them and what do I do?

I believe this ability was removed to increase the longevity of the game by preventing people from expanding too quickly.

Wisp Lanterns can be crafted in the Workshop. They are sometimes given as a reward from Adventures.

How come I don't have anymore quests?

There could be a couple of reasons for this.

1. You may not have the latest version installed
2. You may have completed all the available quests. If that's the case you will to wait for the next update.
3. There may be something that you need to do to trigger the quest. Try these threads for info:

* http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35412-Castle-Story-Reference-Thread
* http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35549-Castle-Story-Reference-Guide
* http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?36911-Castle-Story-Goal-Pictorial

They've also got a lot of good info about the game.

maguar
10-21-12, 02:05 PM
A Neighbour has a quest from the Tablet of Tabernum. How come I can't get it?

First you have to unlock the Tablet. Then you have to be lucky enough to get a Knowledge Shard when collecting from it. These shards are a very rare drop.

How do I unlock the Magic Garden?

You need to complete the Ivy quests up to finishing her Hut. Once you have collected from the Hut a "?" should appear over the Garden. Clicking on this should give you the next lot of quests needed to unlock the Garden.

If this isn't working for you try force closing your game, going back into it and clicking on the Garden.

Why is a particular recipe not showing in my crafting building?

Some items only appear in the crafting buildings when you are doing the quest. They won't be there before you do the quest and they disappear once you have finished the quest.

maguar
10-25-12, 02:19 PM
I've tried force closing but I still can't trigger the quest o unlock the Tablet of Taberum or the Magic Garden. What do I do?

There's a bug that doesn't trigger these quests if you have rotated these items. Rotate them back (you may need to force close) and this should allow you to trigger the quests.

This was fixed with a version update. Make sure you have the latest version installed.

How do I unlock Ivy's Hot Sauce?

These goal is triggered by harvesting a Hot Pepper. You have to be at level 17 for this to occur. It may require you to harvest a couple of peppers.

Even if you are maxed for Hot Peppers (99) you can trigger this by harvesting a pepper.

I have a goal that needs me to harvest/collect x (or I need to trigger a goal by that) but when I collect it I'm told I have to much. Is there anything I can do?

TL has implemented a fix to allow you to trigger goals even if you are maxed with the item. You may need to try collecting the item a number of times before it triggers.

A neighbour got a pig/sheep/statue/gems etc from an Adventure. Why didn't I?

The items that you get from an Adventure is a bit of a lucky prize dip. You'd get a chance of getting up to 5 times the money you paid (it can also be less). You also get a chance of Energy, common items and rare items.

If your neighbour got something you didn't they were just lucky on that try. Keep trying and you could get something good to.

TL has mentioned that they will look at scaling up the rewards of the higher level quests given the requirements.

maguar
11-04-12, 02:35 PM
How do I rotate walls?

Walls rotate automatically. Just place the walls where you want them to go. Eg place two going left to right then one above them to form a corner

x
xxx

How come I don't have many Walls but others have heaps?

The number of Walls you can have is limited by your level. I believe this is because they are the most cost effective source of Royal Points. For a lot of levels you will only be able to add 1 Wall/level. Once you hit level 23 the amount you can add increases each level.

I just got a Faerie in a Jar from collecting from Glimmerbulbs/Magic Gardern. What are they for?

They used to be used for Lumin Essence but that was changed with an update. The only thing that requires them at the moment is the quest "Faerie Magic".

I just got a Mysterious Venom from the Magic Garden. What do I use it for?

At the moment there is nothing to use it for. From the description it normally drops from Monsters. Hopefully it will be from one of the new monsters they're introducing in a future update.

fraish
11-08-12, 11:16 AM
when i started this game i could gift all my neighbors anything on the list now i can gift anyone anything when i try it says already gifted everyone today try tomorrow but it does the same thing. please fix this

FarmerOMac
11-12-12, 03:29 PM
Not able to figure out how to get the "simple glue" to finish buildings. I thought you had to buy the Potion Shop. I go to buy it and it won't let me. Just says "goal". I'm a level 12 and I see that other members have stuff built that require simple glue, so Im at the right level.
Help! Thanks a Bunch!!

midnightmeerkat
11-12-12, 03:32 PM
You need to expand to the tree lady, complete the goals then the potion shop will unlock

kooky panda
11-12-12, 03:40 PM
Not able to figure out how to get the "simple glue" to finish buildings. I thought you had to buy the Potion Shop. I go to buy it and it won't let me. Just says "goal". I'm a level 12 and I see that other members have stuff built that require simple glue, so Im at the right level.
Help! Thanks a Bunch!!

You need to expand to the tree lady, complete the goals then the potion shop will unlock

current thread on simple glue
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39214-Where-can-get-Simple-Glue&p=446238&viewfull=1#post446238

cmtchung
11-14-12, 10:35 PM
How can I rotate the wall? The rotate icon is hidden when I highlight the wall. However, I can rotate other things.

Also how to store materials in the storage cellar. Please help! Thank you in advance.

cmtchung
11-14-12, 11:00 PM
Thanks Maguar. Got your message about rotate the wall ... It works!

kooky panda
11-15-12, 06:14 AM
How can I rotate the wall? The rotate icon is hidden when I highlight the wall. However, I can rotate other things.

Also how to store materials in the storage cellar. Please help! Thank you in advance.

Thanks Maguar. Got your message about rotate the wall ... It works!
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?38987-wall-can-t-rotate&p=453816&viewfull=1#post453816

cleocat30
11-17-12, 01:27 AM
I know how to send gifts. How do I request gifts/materials from my neighbors?

maguar
11-17-12, 02:36 AM
To request gifts write on your own wall or your neighbours wall asking them to send you a particular gift(s). As people can only send 3 a day you'll find most are slowly returning gifts to people who have sent gifts to them.

To request materials for a quest go into the quest and press the "Ask" button en select who you will send the request to. To request materials for a building (only available for limited buildings like the conservatory now) go into the building, press "Ask" and select your neighbours. As you can only get 20 requests per day, send the request to about 25 neighbours you know are playing daily and will accept. This will stop you from clogging your system.

DancinPug
11-18-12, 12:57 PM
Does anyone know how to collect the tips that people left at your buildings?

midnightmeerkat
11-18-12, 01:00 PM
Does anyone know how to collect the tips that people left at your buildings?

When the building has the coin above it you will be able to collect the tips - you get 20% bonus and 1 extra experience point.

QueenJen
11-18-12, 02:26 PM
Does anyone know the point of the storage cellar? Can I just put it in my inventory, it doesn't generate any coin, it takes up space & it did not increase the amounts of items I can store  This game is staring to be as big a disappointment as Dragon, Bakery, City & all the rest of the stories 

maguar
11-18-12, 02:32 PM
Does anyone know the point of the storage cellar? Can I just put it in my inventory, it doesn't generate any coin, it takes up space & it did not increase the amounts of items I can store 

It allows you to store buildings and decorations. If you didn't have it you'd need to leave them out or sell them. Handy when space is at a premium.

midnightmeerkat
11-18-12, 02:33 PM
Does anyone know the point of the storage cellar? Can I just put it in my inventory, it doesn't generate any coin, it takes up space & it did not increase the amounts of items I can store  This game is staring to be as big a disappointment as Dragon, Bakery, City & all the rest of the stories 

You can store buildings, animals etc. it is not for increasing the capacity to hold wood, sap,stone, etc

DancinPug
11-18-12, 03:45 PM
Thank you! I've been trying to figure that out!

debsbaked
11-19-12, 01:45 PM
Are rocks different than stones? Just when I think I have something figured out, it tricks me! I have the max amt of stones, but I can't make an earth wisp because I don't have any rocks? Where do I get them? Don't know where I got the ones I must have had in the first place...

debsbaked
11-19-12, 01:59 PM
Are rocks different than stones? Just when I think I have something figured out, it tricks me! I have the max amt of stones, but I can't make an earth wisp because I don't have any rocks? Where do I get them? Don't know where I got the ones I must have had in the first place...

N/m. Guess I have used them all up as I got them-needed COAL for that.

maguar
11-19-12, 02:06 PM

You can buy small rocks, rock outcroppings and iron rich rocks in the market (you can also get them with expanding). Also invest in a mine.

Nuryn212Ming
11-19-12, 05:11 PM
Thank you for the FAQs and the Reference Guide. It helps a lot. I've just reached level 25. Other than the Tabernum Research: Agriculture quest, I have completed all my quest. Is there anymore coming? It feels kinda empty and boring without any quest.

Additionally, I have reached the maximum inventory for some of the items i.e. mushrooms and I'll be wasting my energy to harvest the mushroom patches and mushroom circles just to get the glimmerdust which will be very rare (like 1 Glimmerdust for every 10 mushroom patches? Or worst.. NONE!). Any other alternatives for me to get the glimmerdust as the Tabernum Research: Agriculture quest needs them and I only have half of it and of course I would like to keep some too.

As for the Royal Points, I have reached the maximum number of Royal Buildings in my Kingdom and from the reference guide provided, I will not be able to add another Royal Building until I reach level 30. I've tried to increase my Royal Points by storing my Watch Tower and Lantern Spire and tried constructing other Royal Building which provide higher Royal Points which is not successful. Do I have to sell off the current Royal Building I have to build another one? That would be very frustrating as not only it'll be sold at lower price but I've spent resources on that building too.

Last but not least, any preference on the expansion area? Which area should we expand first?

barcamu
11-19-12, 06:31 PM
Why my nb (lever 16) have 2 Library, but i (lever 19) can only buit 1 Library? Thz

maguar
11-20-12, 01:37 AM
Thank you for the FAQs and the Reference Guide. It helps a lot. I've just reached level 25. Other than the Tabernum Research: Agriculture quest, I have completed all my quest. Is there anymore coming? It feels kinda empty and boring without any quest.

Additionally, I have reached the maximum inventory for some of the items i.e. mushrooms and I'll be wasting my energy to harvest the mushroom patches and mushroom circles just to get the glimmerdust which will be very rare (like 1 Glimmerdust for every 10 mushroom patches? Or worst.. NONE!). Any other alternatives for me to get the glimmerdust as the Tabernum Research: Agriculture quest needs them and I only have half of it and of course I would like to keep some too.

As for the Royal Points, I have reached the maximum number of Royal Buildings in my Kingdom and from the reference guide provided, I will not be able to add another Royal Building until I reach level 30. I've tried to increase my Royal Points by storing my Watch Tower and Lantern Spire and tried constructing other Royal Building which provide higher Royal Points which is not successful. Do I have to sell off the current Royal Building I have to build another one? That would be very frustrating as not only it'll be sold at lower price but I've spent resources on that building too.

Last but not least, any preference on the expansion area? Which area should we expand first?

Yes there are 30+ quests coming with the update due really soon.

You could make pasta to use your mushrooms. Otherwise you can sometimes get glimmer dust from ferns, tall grass, old logs, plant in a log, dead tree. Also sometimes from Ivy's hut and the magic garden.

Its possible that I'm missing an increase in royal buildings in the spreadsheet. If there is no mistake you have to sell off a building; storing doesn't work. If you've got a tower sell that as you won't lose as much.

Expand towards landmarks (eg garden, rock nest etc) as they will unlock with future updates. Some of these will introduce new characters. Otherwise go for the cheaper ones. Personally I'd wait until the update occurs.

Hopefully I've answered all of your questions.

maguar
11-20-12, 01:40 AM
Why my nb (lever 16) have 2 Library, but i (lever 19) can only buit 1 Library? Thz

It would depend on the other royal buildings that you both have. Click on the market, then buildings, then click on the royal tab. This shows you which buildings are royal. Count how many of these you and your neighbour have.

If you want to build another library you will need to sell one of your royal buildings.

flowless
11-20-12, 08:14 AM
What does faeri jar do
I have it in my inventory
Don't know what to do with it

kooky panda
11-20-12, 09:05 AM
What does faeri jar do
I have it in my inventory
Don't know what to do with it

Unknown right now.

Nuryn212Ming
11-20-12, 06:51 PM
Yes there are 30+ quests coming with the update due really soon.

You could make pasta to use your mushrooms. Otherwise you can sometimes get glimmer dust from ferns, tall grass, old logs, plant in a log, dead tree. Also sometimes from Ivy's hut and the magic garden.

Its possible that I'm missing an increase in royal buildings in the spreadsheet. If there is no mistake you have to sell off a building; storing doesn't work. If you've got a tower sell that as you won't lose as much.

Expand towards landmarks (eg garden, rock nest etc) as they will unlock with future updates. Some of these will introduce new characters. Otherwise go for the cheaper ones. Personally I'd wait until the update occurs.

Hopefully I've answered all of your questions.

Thanks a lot Maguar. I've seen the update this morning and I've realised some changes on the recipe in the Kitchen (Bacon is included in some of the recipe which was not previously). Anyway, thanks again :)

QueenJen
11-20-12, 08:38 PM
Answers on the Golden egg, nugget, apple yet?? Thanks!!

maguar
11-21-12, 12:51 AM
Answers on the Golden egg, nugget, apple yet?? Thanks!!

Haven't got any myself yet.

Egg - assuming very rare drop from chicken
Nugget - someone got one from a large rock outcropping. Would assume very rare drop from any mining
Apple - assuming very rare drop from apple tree. If you don't want to buy the tree you'll have to hope you get 1 from an adventure

maguar
11-21-12, 01:14 AM
Neighbour reports that she got the golden egg from her hatchery

jessfoh
11-21-12, 04:23 AM
May I know the fastest way to top up energy other than buying with gems?

maguar
11-21-12, 04:28 AM
May I know the fastest way to top up energy other than buying with gems?

Only options are the 3 minute regen, reward from adventures (random amount), visiting neighbours (max 10 per day) and levelling up.

badger8
11-21-12, 05:50 AM
Neighbour reports that she got the golden egg from her hatchery

Got a golden egg from a chicken (and my eggs were at 99 just FYI- so it doesn't seem to make a difference if your inventory is full or not)

freshpickins
11-21-12, 07:18 AM
Got a golden egg from a chicken (and my eggs were at 99 just FYI- so it doesn't seem to make a difference if your inventory is full or not)

Thx that's really good to know. I shall keep tending the overstocked egg stash.

jessfoh
11-21-12, 09:34 AM
Only options are the 3 minute regen, reward from adventures (random amount), visiting neighbours (max 10 per day) and levelling up.

Looks like there's nothin much I can do...limited by the energy :(

ryannesmom
11-21-12, 03:14 PM
Quick question- I've sent out a request for 40 Plant Essence Samples to my 293 neighbors and have only received credit for 25 replies... Is there a cap on the max amount you can receive back per day? I'm thinking there must be as I got those 25 replies in less than 10 minutes and I'm certain I have ample neighbors who are active players... I'd love some insight. Thanks!

jhhgbdj
11-21-12, 03:16 PM
Good job with the FAQ's guys! They are really helpful!

maguar
11-21-12, 03:18 PM
Quick question- I've sent out a request for 40 Plant Essence Samples to my 293 neighbors and have only received credit for 25 replies... Is there a cap on the max amount you can receive back per day? I'm thinking there must be as I got those 25 replies in less than 10 minutes and I'm certain I have ample neighbors who are active players... I'd love some insight. Thanks!

You can only get back 20 a day. You must of sent near reset time to get 25. The best thing to do with these sorts of requests is to send to about 25 people you know play daily and respond to requests.

QueenJen
11-21-12, 05:23 PM
Does anyone pass up the market requests? For example if u want to keep your coal can u just let the time expire? Thanks!! This thread is so helpful, I do appreciate the time everyone puts into it!!

GTMoney
11-21-12, 05:41 PM
Does anyone pass up the market requests? For example if u want to keep your coal can u just let the time expire? Thanks!! This thread is so helpful, I do appreciate the time everyone puts into it!!

Yep, if you want to keep your Coal, just let it expire and then hit "Finish". No harm done!

QueenJen
11-21-12, 07:37 PM
Thx GT!! Appreciate the quick response also :D

alexse7enfold
11-23-12, 11:48 PM
Is there a more efficient way to get jewels than constantly mining rock outcroppings? Given that per 20 hits I can expect maybe 1-3 jewels, this makes the windbag caravan extremely slow - especially when trying to build royal blocks/beams at the same time. Just curious as most of the complains on this forum seem to be about glimmerdust, which I haven't really found to be a problem. Jewels on the other hand...

wassupbaby
11-24-12, 02:42 AM
Is there a more efficient way to get jewels than constantly mining rock outcroppings? Given that per 20 hits I can expect maybe 1-3 jewels, this makes the windbag caravan extremely slow - especially when trying to build royal blocks/beams at the same time. Just curious as most of the complains on this forum seem to be about glimmerdust, which I haven't really found to be a problem. Jewels on the other hand...
Same hereeeee !!!!!!
So frustrated with the jewels !!!! It takes forever to finish the caravan and at the time you cant make royal blocks, beams and also no swords for adventures :((((

mightyking2
11-24-12, 08:19 AM
So did I

mightyking2
11-24-12, 08:27 AM
Haven't got any myself yet.

Egg - assuming very rare drop from chicken
Nugget - someone got one from a large rock outcropping. Would assume very rare drop from any mining
Apple - assuming very rare drop from apple tree. If you don't want to buy the tree you'll have to hope you get 1 from an adventure

I received the golden egg from the hatchery. Still looking for the others

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
11-24-12, 11:11 PM
I accidentally used 10 gems for 12 energy while wiping off my iPad screen. I already had full energy and wasted nearly ALL of my gems I'd been saving... Is there any way to get my gems back? It didn't ask to confirm usage of gems either, it just took them.

QueenJen
11-25-12, 08:59 AM
So, what's the difference between animals & Royal animals? Do they add royal points??

queentina3
11-25-12, 09:01 AM
So, what's the difference between animals & Royal animals? Do they add royal points??

They don't add royal points but you have better chances at the drops. For instance, the Royal Pig gives double the amount of bacon and has the highest chance of finding truffles. The Royal Cow has a higher chance for rare drops.

mimisarah
11-26-12, 09:09 AM
Sorry to ask :( does anyone know how or for what is milk used??? I am full and my cows are only giving coins no other drop

nixandrc
11-26-12, 09:34 AM
so far i've used milk for the caravans and nothing else, maybe in an update they will add more use for it, before it was used to make sweet creme in the kitchen which will allow you to make a royal sundae but it was removed from the update

mimisarah
11-26-12, 10:30 AM
Yes I used for caravans but I am full again.....level 18 full of milk. Me citizens should drink milk is good for bones lol

mimisarah
11-26-12, 01:17 PM
Ohhh they just add milk on the bread.......milky bread LOL

Nuryn212Ming
11-26-12, 08:02 PM
Ohhh they just add milk on the bread.......milky bread LOL

But it takes 2 hours to make the bread. Maybe they should reduce the time for making the bread. The milk invetories are full again within the minutes after making the bread. If it isn't because of the High Steaks Quest I won't be bother to tend the chickens until I need to.

Nuryn212Ming
11-26-12, 09:18 PM
Should there be only one beast in the kingdom? I have trapped a Skunkpine in my Kingdom and leave it there for the last couple of days so it'll be easier for me to harvest the Crops. But I've noticed that I have not come across a troll since. I don't really like the trolls. It took 7 of my energy to beat him but I've read somewhere that we'll get glimmer dust if we beat the trolls. Now I wish that he'll come and visit sometimes so I can beat him up.

midnightmeerkat
11-26-12, 10:15 PM
Yes, you can only have 1 beast at a time... Not sure if trolls drop GD - I've had troll essence and troll horns

midnightmeerkat
11-26-12, 10:19 PM
There are also quests where you will need to beat up the trolls later if you have not come across them yet...

tiggerhobbes
11-26-12, 10:20 PM
I expanded my kingdom recently and released my live capture to reorganize, and quickly recaptured another fangbeast.

Not sure if it was a sync error, when I logged into my kingdom again, my captured beast was gone and I had a skunk interfere with my agriculture. Anybody else had this happened to their live-capture recently?

Yes, you can get glimmer dust from Trolls. I'm having a devil of a time trying to get GD from my mushrooms. Thankfully I've managed to wrangle a few out GD of the trolls when I try to collect from my mushrooms.

Nuryn212Ming
11-26-12, 11:30 PM
Geez no wonder no other fangbest lingering around the kingdom. I've done the Thorton Quest and beaten up few trolls. Is there anymore quest where I'll need to beat another Troll? Guess will beat this little skunpine I have in my Kingdom and try to look for another troll and see if this time I have more luck getting the Glimmer Dust from him than the Mushroom Patches..

mymummy789
11-27-12, 01:39 AM
Yes, you can only have 1 beast at a time... Not sure if trolls drop GD - I've had troll essence and troll horns

I got glimmer dust from one yesterday :D

Lochelynne
11-29-12, 11:05 AM
This may be a silly question but can anyone tell me what the purpose of the bakery? I make the food but it doesn't seem to be used for anything other than using up resources. Am I missing something obvious?

arale_norimaki
11-29-12, 11:21 AM
This may be a silly question but can anyone tell me what the purpose of the bakery? I make the food but it doesn't seem to be used for anything other than using up resources. Am I missing something obvious?

What level are you at? Can you build a castle? Once you have the castle (King's or Queen's keep) you use food for adventures. Basically you feed dishes to a bunch of knights that go out for a day and come back with random stuff: petals, blocks, beams, jewels, gems, earth wisps, glimmer dust... :)

To feed your knights you need the dishes called feasts, so if you want to make sure whatever you cook will come in handy I advice you to have some of those ready when your keep is built :D

queentina3
11-29-12, 11:56 AM
Lochelynne, to add onto what arale_noimaki said, you'll also need to make food for the caravan's as well as certain goals will pop-up offering gem rewards for making certain dishes.

Lochelynne
11-29-12, 10:16 PM
Ah, no I haven't built my keep yet. Just trying to clear a bit more land first. Thanks for the info! I was hoping that I could eat it to get more energy but fulfilling quests and getting items works as well. Thanks!

jessfoh
11-30-12, 09:17 AM
How do I get bacon? I kept the black pigs but all they produce is experience, no bacon

queentina3
11-30-12, 09:20 AM
How do I get bacon? I kept the black pigs but all they produce is experience, no bacon

Any of the pigs can drop Bacon once they are an adult. The Stable is another place you can receive Bacon.

barcamu
12-01-12, 05:09 AM
Hi, how to show Thurston's Fort? thx

maguar
12-01-12, 05:10 AM
Hi, how to show Thurston's Fort? thx

You need to do all the Thurston quests to get the Fort. Once he's dressed you need to find a skunkupine to trigger the next set of goals.

flowless
12-02-12, 05:14 AM
The tabernum research aquifers

Is it worth doing ?

What do they mean by other secret effect?

Another thing , if hit finish on the expired market coal goal doesn't it take any gems from me

jessfoh
12-02-12, 05:35 AM
Any of the pigs can drop Bacon once they are an adult. The Stable is another place you can receive Bacon.

Oh how long will they become adult, my pigs are still the same after so many days

rockyrocastle
12-02-12, 06:32 AM

black pigs won't give you bacon. you have to buy 'pig'. the pink one, you need 20 gems to buy it :)

badger8
12-02-12, 06:43 AM
My black pig produces bacon every time I collect from it. You don't need to spend gems on a pink one. You do have to feed it about 12 times, though, until it becomes an adult before it will produce bacon.

sugarzen6
12-02-12, 08:23 AM
My black pig gives bacon every time I collect as well.

bawpotter
12-02-12, 08:30 AM
The tabernum research aquifers

Is it worth doing ?

What do they mean by other secret effect?

Another thing , if hit finish on the expired market coal goal doesn't it take any gems from me

Yes, the Tablet Research Quests are worth doing. They give bonuses once completed.

maguar
12-02-12, 03:08 PM
black pigs won't give you bacon. you have to buy 'pig'. the pink one, you need 20 gems to buy it :)

Bacon comes from the black pig when it is grown up and from the stables. You don't have to buy gem pigs.

yaya211
12-03-12, 07:42 AM
How do I request materials like water and sap from my neighbors without going on their wall and asking them for it? I see I'm always accepting material requests but I don't know how to send them. Could someone please assist me with this? Thank you

rockyrocastle
12-03-12, 08:07 AM
Bacon comes from the black pig when it is grown up and from the stables. You don't have to buy gem pigs.

really? oh well I bought 2 pink pigs so I wasted my 40 gems for them -__- luckily they give me bacon too. thanks for the info anw! :D

maguar
12-03-12, 02:31 PM
really? oh well I bought 2 pink pigs so I wasted my 40 gems for them -__- luckily they give me bacon too. thanks for the info anw! :D

They also have a better chance of finding truffles than the black pig so maybe not wasted

maguar
12-03-12, 02:33 PM
How do I request materials like water and sap from my neighbors without going on their wall and asking them for it? I see I'm always accepting material requests but I don't know how to send them. Could someone please assist me with this? Thank you

The ability to request a number of building items was removed with the latest update. They may not have updated. Some things like red petals are still available. Go to an unbuilt conservatory, under red petals click the ask neighbour button. Select the neighbours you want to send the request to then press send.

yaya211
12-05-12, 09:20 AM
I accidentally used 10 gems for 12 energy while wiping off my iPad screen. I already had full energy and wasted nearly ALL of my gems I'd been saving... Is there any way to get my gems back? It didn't ask to confirm usage of gems either, it just took them.

No, unfortunately I've made the same mistake as many of my friends have also. Those gems are gone :( sorry

yaya211
12-05-12, 09:25 AM
Thank you. That brings me to my next question which I was looking for the answer on here but can't find it. What materials will I need to build the conservatory? I want to get started on the materials before purchasing the conservatory. Right now I really have no room for it but want to get it built quicker once I've purchased it.

yaya211
12-05-12, 09:39 AM
Nevermind, found it! 6 Fancy Beam 6 Fancy Block. 4 Super Glue. 15 Red Petals.

maguar
12-05-12, 02:33 PM
What materials are needed for x building? or How do I get x material?

For answers to both of these questions checkout the references below.

* http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35412-Castle-Story-Reference-Thread
* http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35549-Castle-Story-Reference-Guide

Where do I get the golden items for the Sir Pigglesworth quest?

These are all rare drops.

* Golden Apples - Apple Trees and Magic Garden
* Golden Eggs - Chickens and Hatchery
* Golden Nugget - mining different rocks, Sparkling Mine, Pond

I've got more than 1 type of golden item. Any use for this?

Everything will have a use at some stage.

I don't want to spend money on gems to get the trees or animals. Does this mean I can't do the goals?

You can do all goals without needing to spend money. It just might take you a little longer.

Adventures from the keep sometimes give gem trees and animals as rewards. Truffles and Prime Cuts are sometimes rewards as well. You'll even get gems on occasion.

The Purple Cow and Sir Pigglesworth sometimes drop gems.

Bacon and Wool sometimes drop from the Stables.

How do I wield Excalibam to get to the whole in the ground.

You need to follow the Thurston quest line to do this. For detailed information on this please see the links at the beginning of this post.

How do I get the Purple Cow?

When you collect from the Magic Garden there is a chance you will start a quest line (the one with Ivy and the Cow). The reward at the end of this quest line is the Purple Cow.

pinks79
12-05-12, 08:53 PM
I got the faerie in a bottle from the garden .... But after two hrs it disappeared and the quest is still there .... How do I get that faerie in the jar bak ?

kopitownhk
12-05-12, 11:20 PM
why does my tablet only give me coins? isn't it supposed to provide new quests?
my ID is kopitownhk

pinks79
12-06-12, 12:00 AM
my ID is kopitownhk

Neither does mine .... And I hav tried rotation it every way as suggested in the forum !!!

maguar
12-06-12, 02:36 AM
my ID is kopitownhk

It's a very rare drop. The majority of the time you will just get coins. I cross my fingers each time I collect but don't hold my breathe ��

As for rotating the tablet, look it was a coincidence for a couple of people. Just got my third shard without rotating the tablet.

sugarzen6
12-06-12, 08:38 AM
There are lots of us who haven't gotten any shards- they'll come eventually.:)

SlimmingSweets
12-06-12, 12:20 PM
Where do I get the roasted chicken?

sugarzen6
12-06-12, 12:26 PM
From your henhouse and chickens.:)

olinia91
12-07-12, 02:07 AM
Sooo I know you can only buy one castle, but I've changed my mind which one I want. I've bought it but haven't built it yet, could I sell it and get the other one? I don't want to try in case I just can't buy another one and I'm stuck with no castle :(

maguar
12-07-12, 03:14 AM
Sooo I know you can only buy one castle, but I've changed my mind which one I want. I've bought it but haven't built it yet, could I sell it and get the other one? I don't want to try in case I just can't buy another one and I'm stuck with no castle :(

You'll have to build it first. You can then sell it and buy the other one.

keeker58
12-08-12, 04:05 PM
I have crafted a number of wisps lanterns, but when I look in my inventory they are not there. They have not been added in any of my goals either. Where are they going. I'm playing on an iPad2.

maguar
12-08-12, 10:27 PM
I have crafted a number of wisps lanterns, but when I look in my inventory they are not there. They have not been added in any of my goals either. Where are they going. I'm playing on an iPad2.

I know the issue is being investigated.

In the meant time try force closing and restarting.

keeker58
12-09-12, 02:27 AM
How do I force close and restart? What if I lose everything?

maguar
12-09-12, 02:56 AM
How do I force close and restart? What if I lose everything?

Kooky's put it very clearly

To force close you games, means you are closing out the game from running in the background.
On iphone, ipad, etc. ( you are not deleting the game and redownloading it)

Click you home button twice, your icons will show up at the bottom

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQx33DWgZVWPenwP1h0tp***PKRBxsz yWFKkDmOxwXrqLhb7dADwnKnLPx
Then you hit the red minus sign for the apps you want to close out. you can scroll to find more.
You are not deleting the apps just closing them out.

Also your games are saved on TLs servers so even if you deleted and reinstalled the game your kingdom would be waiting for you.

keeker58
12-09-12, 03:29 AM
Thank you so very much for your help and advise. I will try the force close. By doing this should it re-instate into my inventory the wisp lanterns that should be there? Or will I need to write to TL?

maguar
12-09-12, 03:58 AM
Thank you so very much for your help and advise. I will try the force close. By doing this should it re-instate into my inventory the wisp lanterns that should be there? Or will I need to write to TL?

If they're not there (and you've checked with the all tab selected) then email support@teamlava.com with your ID, game and issue.

mycuteanimal
12-09-12, 04:14 AM
I' m facing the same problem.before I update castle story , I can return gift to three of my neighbour but since I update the new caste story , I can only give one gift per day or none at all. Please help!!!!

maguar
12-09-12, 04:37 AM
I' m facing the same problem.before I update castle story , I can return gift to three of my neighbour but since I update the new caste story , I can only give one gift per day or none at all. Please help!!!!

What item are you trying to gift? You can only send 1 jewel, 2 fur, 2 silver. All to a max of 3

MxSimple
12-09-12, 02:15 PM
Which materials are required for building the troll pit?
Thx~

maguar
12-09-12, 02:42 PM
Which materials are required for building the troll pit?
Thx~

None. When you defeat the troll king the pit is unlocked and ready built

MxSimple
12-09-12, 06:37 PM
None. When you defeat the troll king the pit is unlocked and ready built

Thx for all your sharing~ 

lollyjay
12-10-12, 01:56 AM
Got 2 nuggets, both from large rock outcrops.

rockyrocastle
12-10-12, 07:07 AM
hi, may I know what 'Tome' is? the one we need to unlock Tablet of Tabernum? How to craft it?

maguar
12-10-12, 01:06 PM
hi, may I know what 'Tome' is? the one we need to unlock Tablet of Tabernum? How to craft it?

Do the magic ink & pages quest, then do the magic pages quest. Then to to the special section of the workshop and you should be able to craft everything you need.

mica4817
12-13-12, 04:42 PM
Why does some never get the Golden Apple from the Magic Garden & another gets 2?

maguar
12-13-12, 05:07 PM
Why does some never get the Golden Apple from the Magic Garden & another gets 2?

It's a random drop. Every time you collect there is a x% chance you will get it. I don't know what the x% is though.

dng1234
12-16-12, 01:47 PM
Does anyone know what the stone archway/stair thing is for?

This is inregards to expanding... Are the areas we're allowed to expand to limited? I know you can only expand to an area if you've opened the one next to it but I'm running into some areas that the option expand to isn't available even though I've got an area next to it open.

Thanks!

maguar
12-16-12, 02:01 PM
Does anyone know what the stone archway/stair thing is for?

This is inregards to expanding... Are the areas we're allowed to expand to limited? I know you can only expand to an area if you've opened the one next to it but I'm running into some areas that the option expand to isn't available even though I've got an area next to it open.

Thanks!

There are some areas that are locked and we can't expand to. With the gateway, rock nest etc its because they have released the associated content. We need to wait for an update to get to any place that is currently locked.

blurbie
12-16-12, 02:10 PM

I keep harvesting mushrooms for glimmerdust. My glimmer is always full, and I experience a 1:4 ratio. If you keep 4-6 mushroom circles going, you will get 1-2 glimmers from them each time. Just as you collect from cows and sheep for a prime cut, you won't get one every time.

blurbie
12-16-12, 02:21 PM
Should there be only one beast in the kingdom? I have trapped a Skunkpine in my Kingdom and leave it there for the last couple of days so it'll be easier for me to harvest the Crops. But I've noticed that I have not come across a troll since. I don't really like the trolls. It took 7 of my energy to beat him but I've read somewhere that we'll get glimmer dust if we beat the trolls. Now I wish that he'll come and visit sometimes so I can beat him up.

Yes, initially you need 7 hits per troll, but he drops energy (all beasts do) and you are often left with energy after they are defeated. I **** a troll first, so I have the same or more energy after. Sometimes it doesn't, but often it does.

maguar
12-16-12, 02:39 PM
Yes, initially you need 7 hits per troll, but he drops energy (all beasts do) and you are often left with energy after they are defeated. I **** a troll first, so I have the same or more energy after. Sometimes it doesn't, but often it does.

Also there's a chance you can do 2 damage with a hit as well.

krcruge
12-18-12, 08:26 PM
For some reason, I can no longer harvest from my rocks. When I tap them, nothing happens (playing on iPhone 4). Any suggestions?

maguar
12-18-12, 08:34 PM
For some reason, I can no longer harvest from my rocks. When I tap them, nothing happens (playing on iPhone 4). Any suggestions?

This should be fixed now. If you're still having an issue try force closing your game then restarting it.

bop80
12-20-12, 01:31 PM
What does visiting accomplish besides raising my social level? Does it help the player you visit in some way?

maguar
12-20-12, 02:24 PM
What does visiting accomplish besides raising my social level? Does it help the player you visit in some way?

It gives you a bonus of 1 xp or $5 for each visit. Also a chance to get 1 energy (to a max of 10/day).

If you can help their buildings, when they collect they get 1 extra xp and an extra 20% to the rent.

bakeme666
12-22-12, 08:49 AM
I have question???? What is the purpose of crafting meals in the kitchen? For what use could these meals be of?

wassupbaby
12-22-12, 10:36 AM
I have question???? What is the purpose of crafting meals in the kitchen? For what use could these meals be of?

Once you build the king/queen's keep , you'll need those meals to do Adventure ( it takes 22 hours and sometimes, u will get an animal or a tree as reward if youre lucky)

maguar
12-22-12, 12:18 PM
Once you build the king/queen's keep , you'll need those meals to do Adventure ( it takes 22 hours and sometimes, u will get an animal or a tree as reward if youre lucky)

Or royal beams/blocks, enchanted beams/blocks, fancy beams/blocks, truffles, prime cuts, super glue, builders paste, gems, energy etc

mamareader02
12-22-12, 12:34 PM
I've heard you only get the lemonade goal if u but a lemon tree-but I've got the goal and didn't buy the tree!relying on luck to get lemons has only gotten me 8 lemons(over a month!)to complete a 20 lemon goal!why would I get this goal with no lemon tree?and no,I don't have one in storage,as I haven't been one of the lucky ones getting trees or royal animals from adventures.

maguar
12-22-12, 12:35 PM
I've heard you only get the lemonade goal if u but a lemon tree-but I've got the goal and didn't buy the tree!relying on luck to get lemons has only gotten me 8 lemons(over a month!)to complete a 20 lemon goal!why would I get this goal with no lemon tree?and no,I don't have one in storage,as I haven't been one of the lucky ones getting trees or royal animals from adventures.

The goal is triggered by getting a lemon not a lemon tree. If you got a lemon from Sir Piggles the goal would be triggered for you.

mamareader02
12-22-12, 12:36 PM
Please tell me if this is normal(Maguar,c'mon and spread your castle wisdom!)

maguar
12-22-12, 12:39 PM
I've heard a number of people report it so you're not the only one.

mamareader02
12-22-12, 12:43 PM
Ah!i knew you'd come to my rescue!and thanks for destroying that group of trolls that followed me back to my keep!

sigmaixp
12-23-12, 09:28 PM
I'm trying to purchase an orange tree listed for the cost of 30 gems. I have 89 gems but when I go into "Market" and "Nature" and click on the orange tree I receive the message: "Not enough coins" and then it gives me the option of purchasing 10,000 coins for 20 gems. I don't understand why if the tree costs gems I need to have a certain amount of coins on hand. Help!

maguar
12-23-12, 09:31 PM
Weird. It shouldn't be doing that. Try deleting and reinstalling. Don't worry your game is saved on TLs servers so you won't lose your progress.

Please let me know if that fixes it.

sigmaixp
12-23-12, 10:26 PM
Nope. Things have gotten worse! Now half of my buildings are gone!

sigmaixp
12-23-12, 10:31 PM
I deleted and re-started again and it's the same issue. The buildings are there but they are invisible. I can click on the space where I think the building should be and I can see the timer counting down but no building! I'm nervous!

sigmaixp
12-23-12, 10:34 PM
Sorry for all of the posts. One by one the buildings are coming back so hopefully they will all reappear soon but the problem with the orange tree is the same. Advice?

maguar
12-23-12, 10:36 PM
Sorry for all of the posts. One by one the buildings are coming back so hopefully they will all reappear soon but the problem with the orange tree is the same. Advice?

I'll flag it over.

PikaSquirrel
12-24-12, 05:46 PM
It seems you have been able to purchase the Orange Tree for 30 gems today. Are you still experiencing this issue where it states you do not have enough coins? Please let us know. Thank you.

sigmaixp
12-24-12, 10:19 PM
It seems you have been able to purchase the Orange Tree for 30 gems today. Are you still experiencing this issue where it states you do not have enough coins? Please let us know. Thank you.

I was able to purchase one finally - I'm not sure why it changed -and I was really excited but just now I opened up my game and it has completely start over! All of the gems I had purchased, all of the progress in the game I had made, EVERYTHING is gone. I am being treated as a new player! I deleted the app and downloaded it again but my game is still gone! Where did it go? Can I get it/my money back????? Oh no!

maguar
12-24-12, 10:30 PM
I was able to purchase one finally - I'm not sure why it changed -and I was really excited but just now I opened up my game and it has completely start over! All of the gems I had purchased, all of the progress in the game I had made, EVERYTHING is gone. I am being treated as a new player! I deleted the app and downloaded it again but my game is still gone! Where did it go? Can I get it/my money back????? Oh no!

Try restarting your device. If that doesn't work you should email support@teamlava.com. Include your ID, game and issue so they can help you.

sigmaixp
12-24-12, 11:01 PM
Thanks. Re-starting the device didn't work so I emailed. I really hope I didn't lose all of that time and money. I have a game on my iPhone (the one missing is on the iPad) though and I can still see the "kingdom" of the one from the iPad (I'm neighbors with myself) so hopefully it's still somewhere that I can get back to! :)

maguar
12-24-12, 11:18 PM
Thanks. Re-starting the device didn't work so I emailed. I really hope I didn't lose all of that time and money. I have a game on my iPhone (the one missing is on the iPad) though and I can still see the "kingdom" of the one from the iPad (I'm neighbors with myself) so hopefully it's still somewhere that I can get back to! :)

It will be there and they will be able to get it back for you. It might just take a couple of days due to the holiday. Then again there's always a chance it could fix itself.

mattscorner
12-27-12, 03:00 AM
This whole thread has been really helpful; I'm very thankful for your hard work compiling this info.

WendyCroy
12-30-12, 10:53 AM
One of my neighbor has a problem with the MAGIC GARDEN.
She has just discovered it, and can't click on the "?" upon it.
She has already restarted her device, and has deleting and re-installed the game.
What else can she does ?

For information :
- her Garden is stuck in a corner and surrounded
- she is full of an amazing number of buildings. How does the Garden count ? (Town ? Royal ?) And destroying one building could help to start the first quest of the Magic garden ?

maguar
12-30-12, 04:46 PM
Has she collected from Ivy's hut? That needs to be done first. If its still not working she needs to force close the game (not the device).

sweetstuff525
12-30-12, 09:35 PM
Okay I just got my purple pig... Forgot what it does ?

maguar
12-30-12, 10:39 PM
The purple cow drops different purple items like petals, dye, glimmerbulbs, purple hide and gems

WendyCroy
12-31-12, 02:39 AM
Has she collected from Ivy's hut? That needs to be done first. If its still not working she needs to force close the game (not the device).
She has all tried without success. She's now in relation by e-mail with the dev.

Okay I just got my purple pig... Forgot what it does ?
Purple pig gives highest chances to get bacon and truffle.

wassupbaby
12-31-12, 02:46 AM
Whaaaat ? :D purple pig does not give bacon and truffe. Royal pig give the highest chance to get bacon and truffle though :)

wassupbaby
12-31-12, 02:49 AM
Ughhh acctually there's is no purple pig :D only purple cow

WendyCroy
12-31-12, 03:35 AM
Oh yes you're right. The original mix disturbed me :-p

tiggerhobbes
12-31-12, 06:21 AM

I just started CS on another device and the same thing happened to me. At low level with lots of gems from "goals." So tried to purchase all 3 fruit trees but was kept from doing so because I didn't have "enough coins."

In the end I saved up enough coins and was able to purchase, but all 3 fruit trees costed BOTH gems (30,60,90) and coins (thousands.) Which isn't a lot for higher level player, but for a new game at low level that hurts.

maguar
12-31-12, 07:58 PM
I just started CS on another device and the same thing happened to me. At low level with lots of gems from "goals." So tried to purchase all 3 fruit trees but was kept from doing so because I didn't have "enough coins."

In the end I saved up enough coins and was able to purchase, but all 3 fruit trees costed BOTH gems (30,60,90) and coins (thousands.) Which isn't a lot for higher level player, but for a new game at low level that hurts.

I've passed this along. Any chance you got a screen shot of it?

tiggerhobbes
12-31-12, 09:32 PM
Since it's only a few thousand coins, I decided to let it go. I don't actually know how to take screen shot on my iDevice ^^;;;;

But I can provide Stormid of the said account, just pm me if that's helpful. It's on iphone 5 if that matters.

wassupbaby
01-01-13, 02:29 AM
Since it's only a few thousand coins, I decided to let it go. I don't actually know how to take screen shot on my iDevice ^^;;;;

But I can provide Stormid of the said account, just pm me if that's helpful. It's on iphone 5 if that matters.

Just incase in the future, you tap the Home and Lock buttons together to take a screenshot.

maguar
01-01-13, 02:44 AM

They're investigating it now. Will let you know if I need your ID.

sibeipekchek
01-01-13, 05:41 AM
Will it be any update again for energy cap to 40? The max cap now 30 really not enough and really unfair to those who update earlier who can get 40!! Y not be fair to all and get to max cap 40?

dznycrzy
01-01-13, 09:47 AM
Hey, quick question, at level 24, seem to have completed all goals (nothing left but to install and play Bingo and bubbles AGAIN: not this time, thanks!!)), I feel like I am spinning my wheels. is there a new update coming soon? Please?

midnightmeerkat
01-01-13, 12:29 PM
Hey, quick question, at level 24, seem to have completed all goals (nothing left but to install and play Bingo and bubbles AGAIN: not this time, thanks!!)), I feel like I am spinning my wheels. is there a new update coming soon? Please?

Someone messages a dev about an update and was told. wassupbaby
"Hopefully verry soon It's nearly ready " - MHz

DaojinWildfire
01-02-13, 08:39 AM
I'm trying to purchase an orange tree listed for the cost of 30 gems. I have 89 gems but when I go into "Market" and "Nature" and click on the orange tree I receive the message: "Not enough coins" and then it gives me the option of purchasing 10,000 coins for 20 gems. I don't understand why if the tree costs gems I need to have a certain amount of coins on hand. Help!
The Coin issue with the Apple, Orange, and Lemon Tree has been fixed. They will no longer ask you for Coins when you attempt to purchase them.

arale_norimaki
01-02-13, 11:44 AM
How do I know if I have the current update?? I am on level 25 and have not had any quests for quite awhile and cannot expand into the glimmer woods even though i see objects in the woods?? is there a way to see if i had the current update?? thank you

Hi!

Current version is 1.1.2

To check your go to Menu>Help/FAQ You will see your version down right at the FAQ window

Don't be surprised if you are up to date. Many people are done with goals and expecting a new update. There is a thread about it: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?43015-Petition-for-an-update

MxSimple
01-02-13, 02:04 PM
What's the rate of giving prime cuts from a black sheep?

Black sheep (180gems/ 4hrs collecting time)- highest chance of producing prime cuts
Royal cow (240gems/ 1hr collecting time)- high chance for rare drops

What's the difference? Thx~

arale_norimaki
01-02-13, 02:52 PM

Black sheep (180gems/ 4hrs collecting time)- highest chance of producing prime cuts

I have a black sheep and it ALWAYS gives prime cuts.

wassupbaby
01-02-13, 03:03 PM

Im not sure about the precise rate but my personal experience is that black sheep almost alway gives prime cuts( i'd say 95%++ drop rate) and the royal cow has about 75% chance of dropping prime cuts.But the cow has shorter collecting time so you can get more prime cuts from the cow ,with one condition that you have to collect every hour.

arale_norimaki
01-02-13, 03:04 PM
About royal cows and prime cuts, I found this:

I got a Royal Cow (...) and so far the the chance of getting a prime cut from this cow is 50%. Can collect from it every hour

You can collect from the royal cow every hour, a black sheep drops one prime cut every 4 hours.

If you play often a royal cow is better since it would give you a prime cut every two hours.

MxSimple
01-02-13, 04:39 PM
I have a black sheep and it ALWAYS gives prime cuts.

Im not sure about the precise rate but my personal experience is that black sheep almost alway gives prime cuts( i'd say 95%++ drop rate) and the royal cow has about 75% chance of dropping prime cuts.But the cow has shorter collecting time so you can get more prime cuts from the cow ,with one condition that you have to collect every hour.

About royal cows and prime cuts, I found this:

You can collect from the royal cow every hour, a black sheep drops one prime cut every 4 hours.

If you play often a royal cow is better since it would give you a prime cut every two hours.

It seems royal cow is better... just got enough gems to buy 1...
But then no more gem buy 1 more orange tree... hate the gem trap!!

How about the amount? gives 1 prime cut each time/ may be sometimes 2?

Thx all of u~

wassupbaby
01-02-13, 05:20 PM
Yeah, most the time you get 1 , sometimes 2. Also the sheep gives wool and cow gives milk,hides - both are unimportant item though.

MxSimple
01-02-13, 06:48 PM
Yeah, most the time you get 1 , sometimes 2. Also the sheep gives wool and cow gives milk,hides - both are unimportant item though.

thx~

erxi9
01-03-13, 05:34 AM
Question! whats the name of this place with arch, chain and stairs?
and is there any goal or reward if we expand toward here?

wassupbaby
01-03-13, 05:38 AM
Question! whats the name of this place with arch, chain and stairs?
and is there any goal or reward if we expand toward here?

You can not expand there yet. Currently it has no use , hopefully in future update .

WendyCroy
01-04-13, 04:07 PM
A neighbor of mine can't ask for wheat anymore in order to build the tavern. He has 6/20 wheat.
I have already built the tavern, do I can't check if the problem is general.

WendyCroy
01-04-13, 04:08 PM
so I can't check*
Need edit button ^^

arale_norimaki
01-04-13, 04:25 PM
A neighbor of mine can't ask for wheat anymore in order to build the tavern. He has 6/20 wheat.
I have already built the tavern, do I can't check if the problem is general.

It is, the ability to request materials wasremoved yesterday: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?43482-Requesting-Wheat

arale_norimaki
01-05-13, 04:38 PM
Hi!

I have been reading the FAQ and have two suggestions:

How do I unlock Ivy's Hot Sauce?

These goal is triggered by harvesting a Hot Pepper. You have to be at level 17 for this to occur. It may require you to harvest a couple of peppers.

Some people think they actually need to add a pepper to their inventory, so if they are maxed out on them, they do not even try. Maybe the FAQ could mention that trying to harvest peppers shuld trigger the goal, even if you don't get any cause you are maxed out.

I have a goal that needs me to harvest/collect x (or I need to trigger a goal by that) but when I collect it I'm told I have to much. Is there anything I can do?

See if you can use the item in a crafting recipe. Noodles are are great way to reduce Eggs (otherwise use bread). You can make Sweet Creme if you're at the right level to reduce Milk (if not you'll need to level up. Strawberries are used for Royal Sundaes but you have to be a high level and have 10 Magic Fruit. If you got too many Hot Peppers and haven't unlocked Ivy's Hot Sauce there is nothing you can do.

TL has implemented a fix to allow you to trigger goals even if you are maxed with the item. You may need to try collecting the item a number of times before it triggers.

I think this problem was fixed in the last update (not being able to trigger a goal because one is maxed on a given item) so the question shouldn't be here.
Anyway, if it hadn't been solved: Sweet Creme and Royal Sundae were removed with the last update and bread doesn't use eggs anymore.

I hope this helps and someone can update the info ;)

maguar
01-05-13, 04:49 PM
I've updated those. Thanks for pointing them out.

mitch1020
01-10-13, 04:39 PM
The purple cow drops different purple items like petals, dye, glimmerbulbs, purple hide and gems

And what are the glimmerbulbs used for? And the cabbage? I'm almost to level 30, and still haven't come across a need for these 2 items. Also, is there a chart or something that shows what level you must reach for more crafting buildings and wall? I check at every level that I reach and get the same response every time.

maguar
01-11-13, 12:32 AM
And what are the glimmerbulbs used for? And the cabbage? I'm almost to level 30, and still haven't come across a need for these 2 items. Also, is there a chart or something that shows what level you must reach for more crafting buildings and wall? I check at every level that I reach and get the same response every time.

Cabbages and glimmerbulbs are only used with the purple cow quests. They'll have more use in the future.

You can only have a max of two of each of the different crafting and resource buildings.

baby1811
01-23-13, 01:05 AM
How do u get golden apple

bbarra
01-23-13, 08:42 AM
It drops from the apple tree. You get the apple tree either with gems or found on an adventure. Go look at the inventory sticky for more info.

maguar
01-23-13, 01:56 PM
It can also drop from the magic garden.

kalbonomore
01-24-13, 01:20 AM
how many times do you need to feed the pig for it to grow into adult?

maguar
01-24-13, 01:53 AM
Pigs take longer than other animals. Black pigs take 12 feeds. Sorry not sure about plain pigs. If you've been counting please let me know.

placi
01-25-13, 07:38 AM
How do I Unlock the eagles nest? I have completed all the goals and am on level 23 with no way to get to the nest. I have opened up the expansions leading up to it but it will not let me expand over it. I have tons of money and lanterns any suggestions would be great.

listh12
01-25-13, 08:15 AM
You cannot unlock the Eagles nest. Hopefully very soon in a future update.

placi
01-25-13, 09:58 AM
Where do I go from here if I can't unlock anything else? Is the game over for me? I have completed the other goals.

maguar
01-25-13, 01:52 PM
We've got an update coming soon so there should be lots of new stuff. Check this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?44825-Content-Update-News-Coming-Soon!) for more info.

roosfamily
02-04-13, 12:10 AM
I'm running out of rat tails, doing the third adventure, but it seems I can't evoke skunkpines anymore! They refuse to show up, no matter what I do. It is almost a week that I plant frantically wheat but nothing, nada. This is really annoying because in a couple of days I won't be able to do the third adventure anymore, and I don't want to do the second one, because I'm maxed up of royal blocks and beams.
Fangs and trolls shows up everytime, but skunk is gone! :(

rengirl1978
02-04-13, 12:10 AM
Hey, try planting tomatoes!

beaniedee6
02-05-13, 04:36 PM
You can also try sugar cane. I was harvesting that for the Cooking Caravan goal and saw skunkupine after skunkupine.

maguar
02-05-13, 11:28 PM
They've also taken a liking to when I chop trees. When I used to harvest flowers they also liked that.

stormysonny
02-06-13, 08:19 PM
I have been playing for months and my energy has always been 30. Whats up???
:mad:

debsbaked
02-06-13, 11:13 PM
How do you fix a monster outside your territory? Was nearly finished ****ing a troll and he reappeared outside the walls, so I can't get to him. I would let him suffer out there, but I'm desperate for rat tails!!

rengirl1978
02-06-13, 11:45 PM
How do you fix a monster outside your territory? Was nearly finished ****ing a troll and he reappeared outside the walls, so I can't get to him. I would let him suffer out there, but I'm desperate for rat tails!!

From what I've seen on the forums here, force close the game. You can also restart your phone and delete your game. (All progress is saved on the TL servers.)

debsbaked
02-06-13, 11:46 PM
How do you force close?

rengirl1978
02-06-13, 11:47 PM
I have been playing for months and my energy has always been 30. Whats up???
:mad:

I started playing back in November, and my cap is 40. I know some people have 30 and some have 40. I read that it had something to do with a certain update? And people that got in before it got 40 energy? I am not entirely sure. I am sure Maguar will know.

debsbaked
02-06-13, 11:47 PM
Oh!! He's gone! Weird. Thx!!!!

rengirl1978
02-06-13, 11:48 PM
From the home screen of your device, quickly double press the circular home button. This will bring a pop up at the bottom of the screen with several wobbling icons with x's on them. Press the x's to close any open programs you don't want sucking up battery & resources!

rengirl1978
02-06-13, 11:49 PM
Oh!! He's gone! Weird. Thx!!!!

Sure thing!

codenamezebra
02-07-13, 12:48 AM
Is this available for android? Couldnt find it in google....

maguar
02-07-13, 01:20 AM
I started playing back in November, and my cap is 40. I know some people have 30 and some have 40. I read that it had something to do with a certain update? And people that got in before it got 40 energy? I am not entirely sure. I am sure Maguar will know.

The original beta testers (started playing before the world wide release) have 40 as a thank you. Most other players have 30 thought its possible TL is trialling different caps with people.

Check this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39765-Why-is-my-Energy-Cap-reduced) for more background.

maguar
02-07-13, 01:21 AM
Is this available for android? Couldnt find it in google....

Sorry but it's iOS only.

dodo74
02-07-13, 06:05 AM
I need to upgrade buildings for a goal but it doesn't work on iPhone unlike iPads it works easily

barcamu
02-07-13, 09:11 AM
How to upgrage buildings? Thz

absolute46
02-07-13, 03:57 PM
Maguar do you know how many feeds it takes to mature the alicorn? I hope not too many, as each feeding takes 22 hours!

GTMoney
02-07-13, 04:02 PM
Maguar do you know how many feeds it takes to mature the alicorn? I hope not too many, as each feeding takes 22 hours!

It takes five feedings to mature an Alicorn. Enjoy your five days of young Alicorn cuteness!

absolute46
02-07-13, 04:54 PM
It takes five feedings to mature an Alicorn. Enjoy your five days of young Alicorn cuteness!

5 days is a long time, yes thank god he's cute :) once mature, how does his reviving energy work? And if you have more than one does it increase their effectiveness?

blurbie
02-10-13, 01:48 PM
I have a question about visitors. If my messages Menu-News does not tell me someone was there, it means they came but clicked no hearts. If the News says they helped, they tapped hearts. If they post on Menu-Overview-Wall then I know they were there. But why do they message that they tapped 5 hearts if News doesn't say it?

maguar
02-10-13, 02:24 PM
The news just tells you who helped out not how many times they helped out. So your news wouldn't care if I helped 1 or 5 times it would only show me once. If I helped 2 then came back later and helped 3 your news would show me twice (if the first hadn't been pushed off the feed).

People write so you and they know they've visited. Often people will record the number of hearts so if they revisit they can see how many more hearts they can tap.

wassupbaby
02-10-13, 02:25 PM
What about they lie ?

maguar
02-10-13, 02:37 PM
Yes some people may stretch how many they helped. It could be they've miscounted, wanted to help more, they and someone clicked the same hearts and the game credited the other person, etc. I use the posts on my wall to return visits so it doesn't really matter to me if anyone felt the need to increase their number.

emmyrulz_88
02-11-13, 04:37 PM
Sorry not sure if this has been asked. Will the valentines special gem items, animals etc still be usable for future updates? I don't want to buy gem valentines animals if they'll disappear next update. Thanks :)

absolute46
02-11-13, 10:56 PM
After completing the feed the baron quest with prime cuts, is there any use for them in the future? I feel like I wasted gems too late in the process by buying a royal cow because now they're starting to pile up

bowlfullofcherries
02-11-13, 11:57 PM
There's a recipe in the kitchen to feed the baron that I earned in a quest. It requires prime cuts, bacon and truffles each time.

Malaquias
02-12-13, 03:23 AM
What are the max #s for each building type, decoration type etc? What is the highest Royal Point score you can have at this time?

rw70078
02-15-13, 04:43 PM
Is there a quest for building sawmill and hatchery to wait for or should I just go ahead and build them?

maguar
02-15-13, 04:52 PM
Just go ahead and build them. Any quests that involve those types of buildings seem to count the ones you already have.

TaniushkaS
02-19-13, 11:57 AM
Hi. How can I craft homemade sword? I'm 10 level. But I don't have it in my workshop. I need to fight lovecupine. When it becomes available?

lotuskat
02-19-13, 01:29 PM
If you've fought with any monsters before (e.g., skunkupines), then you already have it.

maguar
02-19-13, 01:33 PM
You can check your inventory to see if you already have it. Usually you get it around level 5 when you get your first skunkupine.

muggiemaggie
02-19-13, 06:17 PM
I need to know how to restart the game

maguar
02-20-13, 12:58 AM
You can't restart the game on your existing device. You can start a new game on a new device.

TaniushkaS
02-20-13, 05:19 AM
You can check your inventory to see if you already have it. Usually you get it around level 5 when you get your first skunkupine.

Lovecupine is my first skunkupine. And I still don't have it. When I choose lovecupine, game proposes me to create the sword in my workshop, but I don't have it there. Can it be fixed in some way? I can't move on with my game. Thanks in advance..

kenyalopez19
02-20-13, 09:30 AM
I can't send gifts to my neighbors every day I try and it says that I already send gifts which I haven't.

rw70078
02-20-13, 01:07 PM
Will I be able to get wool from my stables if I don't own a sheep, or do I have to buy a sheep in order to start getting wool from the stables? Thanks!

maguar
02-20-13, 01:33 PM
Lovecupine is my first skunkupine. And I still don't have it. When I choose lovecupine, game proposes me to create the sword in my workshop, but I don't have it there. Can it be fixed in some way? I can't move on with my game. Thanks in advance..

Have you checked the special tab in your workshop to see if it's there?

I can't send gifts to my neighbors every day I try and it says that I already send gifts which I haven't.

You can only send 3 per day. If after game day reset you see the last 20 gifts in your newsfeed but the gift back button is greyed out, force close your game and restart.

Will I be able to get wool from my stables if I don't own a sheep, or do I have to buy a sheep in order to start getting wool from the stables? Thanks!

You can get wool from the stables without a sheep.

lotuskat
02-20-13, 01:39 PM
Wow maguar, you're a question answering machine!

TaniushkaS
02-20-13, 10:45 PM
Have you checked the special tab in your workshop to see if it's there?

You can only send 3 per day. If after game day reset you see the last 20 gifts in your newsfeed but the gift back button is greyed out, force close your game and restart.

You can get wool from the stables without a sheep.

Thanks for your answers. Here is the screenshot of my workshop special tab.

maguar
02-21-13, 03:06 AM
Sorry just summarising it - let me know if I've got it right before I flag it over.

You don't have the wooden sword in your inventory and it's not appearing in your workshop. You've got a lovecupine in your kingdom and a goal to craft the sword. Clicking on the craft button takes you to the workshop with nothing to craft. Clicking on the lovecupine won't allow you to attack it.

TaniushkaS
02-21-13, 06:51 AM
Sorry just summarising it - let me know if I've got it right before I flag it over.

You don't have the wooden sword in your inventory and it's not appearing in your workshop. You've got a lovecupine in your kingdom and a goal to craft the sword. Clicking on the craft button takes you to the workshop with nothing to craft. Clicking on the lovecupine won't allow you to attack it.

Yes, you are right. It's exactly my situation. Thanks in advance!

maguar
02-21-13, 02:31 PM
Yes, you are right. It's exactly my situation. Thanks in advance!

I've flagged it over

TaniushkaS
02-22-13, 12:28 AM
I've flagged it over

maguar, thank you. Lovekupine disappeared. Will the sword appear when the next monster appears?

maguar
02-22-13, 02:12 AM
I'd suggest collecting from wheat or normal flowers until you get a skunkupine as I know that gives you the sword

YummyMummy917
02-22-13, 03:29 PM
About the energy: I downloaded the game on my iPad before my phone. My phone has more energy. Both accounts are at the same level. Why is that?

JerrysGirl83
02-23-13, 08:23 AM

I'm having the same problem! I got my first lovecupine on day 2 of playing - harvested a v-day flower and there it was. I think I was level 1 or 2. But I cannot create a sword so I can't get rid of the lovecupine!

caius76
02-23-13, 10:42 AM
What is the most efficient way to increase your royal points? I want to expand to the magic garden, but it costs come thing like 1080 points. I have the keep, library, four spires, and some walls bringing me to about 530. Based on the reference guide, spires/towers have pretty good royal points per level required. Should I just spam a bunch of these? If so, I won't have much room for anything else...

maguar
02-23-13, 01:52 PM
I'm having the same problem! I got my first lovecupine on day 2 of playing - harvested a v-day flower and there it was. I think I was level 1 or 2. But I cannot create a sword so I can't get rid of the lovecupine!

I've reported this for you. When support removes the lovecupine harvest wheat or corn till you get a skunkupine before collecting from any valentine items

maguar
02-23-13, 01:53 PM
What is the most efficient way to increase your royal points? I want to expand to the magic garden, but it costs come thing like 1080 points. I have the keep, library, four spires, and some walls bringing me to about 530. Based on the reference guide, spires/towers have pretty good royal points per level required. Should I just spam a bunch of these? If so, I won't have much room for anything else...

At early levels towers/spires are great value. Don't forget once you've expanded you can store them so your kingdom is less cluttered.

carpelia
02-24-13, 09:53 AM
Do buildings placed in your inventory count for your building limit? As in, if you have built 5/5 possible royal buildings and then place one in your inventory, will the game now say you have 4/5 possible buildings or will it still be 5/5?

wassupbaby
02-24-13, 10:27 AM
Yes, it does count for building limit.

SlimmingSweets
02-24-13, 08:14 PM
What does it mean when you get the message "Inventory is Full"? I can't craft the valentine gate that is a part of a goal.

QueenJen
02-24-13, 09:47 PM
Hey maguar,
I need to craft Excalibam, calls for mithril?? Will this start to drop from mining now or is it so rare I'll never find it? Thanks!!
Queen Jen

ssyukiya
02-24-13, 11:53 PM
Does anyone know how to get more glimmer dust?

maguar
02-25-13, 01:50 AM
What does it mean when you get the message "Inventory is Full"? I can't craft the valentine gate that is a part of a goal.

You need to sell some walls as you've reached the max you can have.

Hey maguar,
I need to craft Excalibam, calls for mithril?? Will this start to drop from mining now or is it so rare I'll never find it? Thanks!!
Queen Jen

Make sure you read the secret of mithril quests. After you've read it send your knights on the explore the dark cave adventure. This will give you a 1 time automatic drop with it. Otherwise if you've got the 4th shard you can craft it in the magic forge. Otherwise it's a really rare drop from mining/mines/sir piggles.

Does anyone know how to get more glimmer dust?

Red mushroom circles have the best drop rate. Otherwise try other mushrooms, old logs, dead trees, ferns, tall grass, magic garden, Ivy's hut, sir piggles, feed the baron recipe.

luke1100
02-25-13, 08:03 AM
Hi, I'm new to the forum so I hope I'm doing this right. Can anyone help as I seem to have a problem with my storage. I can see it and I can tap on it but I can't get into it and I know I've put stuff in storage. Even if I tap on edit and then the storage, the only option I get is to rotate it or move it. I may be doing something really stupid so any help would be great. Thanks.

lotuskat
02-25-13, 09:00 AM
Hi, I'm new to the forum so I hope I'm doing this right. Can anyone help as I seem to have a problem with my storage. I can see it and I can tap on it but I can't get into it and I know I've put stuff in storage. Even if I tap on edit and then the storage, the only option I get is to rotate it or move it. I may be doing something really stupid so any help would be great. Thanks.

To access items in storage, tap on Edit or Market in the lower righthand corner and then "Inventory."

JerrysGirl83
02-25-13, 11:45 AM
Sorry don't wanna seem impatient, but Maguar said a few days ago he'd reported my lovecupine issue, and that once it's been removed I should harvest wheat/corn till I get a skunkupine to access the homemade sword in the workshop. That was 2 days ago. Can anybody give me an idea as to how long it will take support to remove the lovecupine? Also in the meantime can I still play the game or do I need to stay out of it until they fix it?

Thanks!

luke1100
02-25-13, 01:19 PM
To access items in storage, tap on Edit or Market in the lower righthand corner and then "Inventory."

So what is the storage cellar building on my land.... It's that building that I can't do anything with apart from rotate and move

luke1100
02-25-13, 01:23 PM
I've just completed and built my 2nd serenade tower and put into storage. I then went into my inventory like lotuskat said and its not there and I know I've put things in there before that I have built. Can anyone help?

midnightmeerkat
02-25-13, 01:24 PM
So what is the storage cellar building on my land.... It's that building that I can't do anything with apart from rotate and move

The storage cellar holds any buildings etc that you want to store... To access the items in storage you go through the 'my inventory' button under market place or edit

midnightmeerkat
02-25-13, 01:24 PM
I've just completed and built my 2nd serenade tower and put into storage. I then went into my inventory like lotuskat said and its not there and I know I've put things in there before that I have built. Can anyone help?

Look under the building tab

luke1100
02-25-13, 01:47 PM
I have and it's empty. Now what?

midnightmeerkat
02-25-13, 01:50 PM
Try force closing your game

luke1100
02-25-13, 02:03 PM
Done that as well.....it's been like this for days. Keep storing bits and loosing them

maguar
02-25-13, 02:06 PM
Sorry don't wanna seem impatient, but Maguar said a few days ago he'd reported my lovecupine issue, and that once it's been removed I should harvest wheat/corn till I get a skunkupine to access the homemade sword in the workshop. That was 2 days ago. Can anybody give me an idea as to how long it will take support to remove the lovecupine? Also in the meantime can I still play the game or do I need to stay out of it until they fix it?

Thanks!

You can still play your game. I flagged it again last night so hopefully it's fixed soon.