PDA

View Full Version : what is the difference btwn halloween bakery story & my current bakery story?

sunnyazchica
10-13-12, 04:37 PM
And does it replace your regular bakery story?

10-13-12, 09:27 PM
I think it does.. It is the new version so I would recommmend to download the Halloween version and delete the Original version.. I had problems when I had both... When I tipped neighbours in Halloween it didn't update my star rating to the original one, but when I went back to a neighbour I already tipped in Halloween in the Original one it said I tipped it but I didn't get my stars.. :/ So I just deleted it :) until the update(Halloween is done)

arale_norimaki
10-14-12, 02:24 AM
You can also keep both and avoidopening the original one :)

borat2
10-14-12, 02:32 AM
All the progress is saved on their servers so it doesn't matter which version you open. You can keep both. The Halloween version has costumes and the bots are moving faster, or at least that's my impression.

arale_norimaki
10-14-12, 07:26 AM
All the progress is saved on their servers so it doesn't matter which version you open. You can keep both. The Halloween version has costumes and the bots are moving faster, or at least that's my impression.

For me too. I am definetely keeping the Halloween version, I like seeing my bakery full!

kooky panda
10-14-12, 09:34 AM
The halloween version is the most current version to play because along with the Halloween items, it also includes some bug fixes.

Also be careful playing both games. If you are doing the goals, and you go to the regular bakery or the world games bakery to collect , or place food, it may not count towards your goals.

DeesDiner001
10-14-12, 01:08 PM
I'm scared to install halloween version, I have all items, goals, food, etc. customers not wearing costumes but thats ok. Worked hard for 20 gems.

MomsHouseofSweets
10-15-12, 09:09 AM
I've had no issues with the Halloween Edition. Every thing was there or "transferred" over just fine. By the way ... it's SOOO nice to have decorated streets and not the ugly gray ones now, as well as the colored notices for baking and all.

OrdinaryJoe
10-15-12, 12:43 PM
So, is the general consensus here that the Halloween version is better than the regular Bakery Story... and by "better", I mean that it works better, and has fewer glitches and bugs.

Yes, the halloween theme is nice, but I'd rather keep the version that runs better... So, would this be the Halloween version?

kooky panda
10-15-12, 02:14 PM
So, is the general consensus here that the Halloween version is better than the regular Bakery Story... and by "better", I mean that it works better, and has fewer glitches and bugs.

Yes, the halloween theme is nice, but I'd rather keep the version that runs better... So, would this be the Halloween version?
Yes, the halloween version has all the update bug fixes and is the most current version to play.

BertiesHeavenScent
10-16-12, 08:59 AM
Spoiled, that's what I am. All the lovely decorated houses in my neighborhood! How will I ever go back to the original version? Thank you for the Halloween version, I love all the little crumbgrabbers in costume!

makafushigi
10-17-12, 02:31 PM
So I installed the Halloween Edition bc it's a goal in RS and DS.. but now I kinda love it. lol When halloween is over, can I still keep my store or will I have to install the original and get a whole new one?

MsSpooky13
10-19-12, 06:36 PM
Hey guys. I just got the Halloween Edition for my Kindle Fire and was wondering if I need to clear my ovens before switching. Also will I need to use my gifts, or will they still be in the My Gifts section after the switch? Thanks for the help.

kooky panda
10-19-12, 06:43 PM
Hey guys. I just got the Halloween Edition for my Kindle Fire and was wondering if I need to clear my ovens before switching. Also will I need to use my gifts, or will they still be in the My Gifts section after the switch? Thanks for the help.
The two games will run side by side, so what you do in one game will happen in the other.
*There will be a delay

I would advise exiting out of the regular game and just play the halloween game.
When you open the halloween game you will have all your stuff and progress.

kooky panda
10-19-12, 06:44 PM
So I installed the Halloween Edition bc it's a goal in RS and DS.. but now I kinda love it. lol When halloween is over, can I still keep my store or will I have to install the original and get a whole new one?
When the regular game gets a version update, then it will be time to close out the halloween game and go back to playing the regular game.

MsSpooky13
10-19-12, 06:54 PM
Thanks kooky for the quick reply

Sphinx08
10-21-12, 09:07 PM
Sooo... I'm getting the impression that I should keep the Original version on my Android, but ignore it for now. Use Halloween version for the time being. Will there be some kind of notice when we should delete the Halloween version? I've noticed when I go to tip my neighbours that I can tip maybe four or five of them, then the game glitches on me and freezes up. Could this be because there are two versions on my Android? V. confused...

greygull
10-21-12, 09:50 PM
Sooo... I'm getting the impression that I should keep the Original version on my Android, but ignore it for now. Use Halloween version for the time being. Will there be some kind of notice when we should delete the Halloween version? I've noticed when I go to tip my neighbours that I can tip maybe four or five of them, then the game glitches on me and freezes up. Could this be because there are two versions on my Android? V. confused...

You can keep the original, just don't play from it, or you can delete it. If you delete it, your progress will continue with the Halloween version, then go back when it's time to switch back. Normally, for iOS, I would say wait until the regular version has an update, then switching back. But, the regular Bakery version for Android has had an update since the Halloween version was released. So I would recommend waiting until at least after Halloween to switch back to the regular one.

Having 2 versions shouldn't affect them, as long as you're not opening one, closing, the opening the other one. Do you have them both moved to the SD card? Do you use a task ****er/manager before playing?