PDA

View Full Version : Living Wood

Aussiechick73
10-12-12, 11:58 PM
Can some one help me please. I am trying to complete a quest where I need 3 Living Wood. I have chopped down all the trees in my kingdom including my expansions and I still haven't even received 1 living wood. Is there something special you need to do to collect this item?

edit(KP) 4-21-14

Dead Trees will not drop Living Wood.

maguar
10-13-12, 12:52 AM
It comes from trees, sawmills and old wood.

Edit: Living Wood is a rare drop from sawmills (20%), all non dead and no gem trees (4%), Magic Garden, Faerie Respite, Sir Pigglesworth, Feed the Baron, Goddess Tree and crafted in the potion shop, living tree, grow faerie bulb seeds

8owski
10-21-12, 03:23 AM
Need to collect living wood for ivy but now I need it I can't find it anywhere - chopped down 3 trees but nothing any ideas?

maguar
10-21-12, 03:40 AM
It's a rare drop. Just keep collecting from your sawmill, chopping trees, old wood. Possibly plant in a log.

rub1x
11-09-12, 09:28 AM
I'm having a real tough time with the drop rate on Living Wood. I've been stuck on Nature's Caravan for several days now, and I still only have 3/10 living wood - everything else completed.

I'm most likely to get it from my sawmill, but I'm still only getting about 1 per day. I've seen it drop maybe once or twice from trees, despite clearing dozens upon dozens.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which trees/plants may drop more living wood than others?

queentina3
11-09-12, 11:04 AM
It seems to me that things drop more frequently when you DON'T need them! LOL

I've been having decent luck getting Living Wood from the Oak Tree ($400).

kooky panda
11-09-12, 11:15 AM
My best luck was with the deadwood trees. I bought and placed them.

edit - Must of been thinking of one of the other trees.
sorry!

badger8
11-09-12, 12:08 PM
Not sure what level you're on, but the sawmill kicks out living wood too if you can build it.

badger8
11-09-12, 12:08 PM
Sorry, just read your post a little more closely- you've already got one.

enaid03
11-09-12, 01:20 PM
It seems to me that things drop more frequently when you DON'T need them! LOL

I am finding this also, and is frustrating me to no end. Seems to affect living wood when you need it, the glimmerdust and the jewels. I'm getting a lot of it from the sawmill now that I don't need it. The dead wood has had more luck for me, and you can chop them when you have them as opposed to waiting for the sawmill. I'm chopping them now because they also give the glimmer dust and living wood.

maguar
11-09-12, 03:59 PM
My best luck was with the deadwood trees. I bought and placed them.

Is it just me who finds it funny that you can get living wood from a dead tree?

midnightmeerkat
11-09-12, 04:26 PM
Is it just me who finds it funny that you can get living wood from a dead tree?

Lol, I was thinking the same thing.....

Dreamer691
11-09-12, 05:24 PM
My problem was that I accidentally loaded all 6 of my living wood into the caravan BEFORE brewing Ivy's potion to turn her human again. Trying to get the 3 for the potion took 2 days! So I feel your pain lol

Also, living wood from dead trees = so ironic!

syrenas
11-10-12, 09:08 PM
I need living wood soooooo bad. My sawmill didnt produce living wood lately and i already spent many coins to buy dead tree and oak tree with no result 

desvitasoeleiman
11-10-12, 10:52 PM
Same situation with me here, I'm trying to build the ivy's house and need 20 of living woods, i chops dozens of tree (including the dead tree) with no luck... after 2 days I only have 5/20, don't know when i can complete the house....

Rockinkitten
11-11-12, 01:48 AM
Yup I'm maxed out on living wood now that I don't need them!

And I never used the dead trees to find it because I assumed it wouldn't give living wood!

syrenas
11-11-12, 03:10 AM
Update: i just got one living wood from crab apple tree.. 

tollerach
07-31-13, 03:17 PM
I also need living wood. What I am doing is buying several OLD LOGS since they drop: living wood, wood, and white petals. I can then use the wood and white petals to make living wood in my potion shop. This seems like the fastest way to me, but I'm open to suggestions.

Gardienn
07-31-13, 03:25 PM
I've started to craft it here and there. Not my preferred way to get it...

We really could use a deep mine equivalent to the saw mill for drops like living wood and sap.

sdwombat
07-31-13, 03:37 PM
I have a pile of royal beams all ready to be turned into ornate beams, if I could just get.......living wood. Very time consuming to make it one at a time, but I am doing it.

shambalaya
08-01-13, 03:05 AM
Wow, I'm always maxed out on living wood, so I use them to make entwined seedlings for my longterm goal of crafting 100 fluttermush rings :-)

Gardienn
08-01-13, 07:04 AM
Wow, I'm always maxed out on living wood, so I use them to make entwined seedlings for my longterm goal of crafting 100 fluttermush rings :-)

Once you try to upgrade deep mines, living wood flies out very quickly.

wealthyrich
08-01-13, 07:24 AM
I feel you all, low living wood drop rate too

shambalaya
08-06-13, 02:42 AM

Once you try to upgrade deep mines, living wood flies out very quickly.

Not really, I got tons of ornate stuff from doing endless desert adventures, but I'm out of mithril for upgrading one mine from 2-3 and out of coins (golden obelisk) for upgrading the second mine from 3-4. I only have 1 adamant so I'm in no hurry anyway, since upgrading the mines is only really interesting once they get to level 5 and you can collect 3 times a day. I've had 1 adamant drop in 6 months, so at this rate...

vchanhs
08-06-13, 05:51 PM
Not really, I got tons of ornate stuff from doing endless desert adventures, but I'm out of mithril for upgrading one mine from 2-3 and out of coins (golden obelisk) for upgrading the second mine from 3-4. I only have 1 adamant so I'm in no hurry anyway, since upgrading the mines is only really interesting once they get to level 5 and you can collect 3 times a day. I've had 1 adamant drop in 6 months, so at this rate...

Upgrading from lvl 4 to 5 need 5 ornate beams and 4 magic cement. Which means 75+40=115 living wood. Two deep mines need 230. So even if you are max, it will not last long. Of course the desert adventure helps a lot provided you have enough silver and sap.

susbebe
08-07-13, 02:53 AM
If you upgrade your sawmill to level 5 the drop rate is better. I get 4-5 living wood from each every day.
My best luck for living wood from trees is the yellow acre tree .
Sorry my English :o

vednir
09-21-13, 12:02 PM
Has anyone recently gotten living wood from old logs (3 chops to clear) or dead trees (5 chops to clear)? I'm wondering if I simply haven't spent enough energy to randomly hit the low, low drop rate.

Bexx85
09-26-13, 09:28 AM
After reading this post due to a serious shortage of living wood, I chopped a lot of old logs, a few dead trees and a few plants in a log and haven't received any from them. I am pretty sure that they just provide wood, all kinds of petal, mushrooms and glimmer dust. I will stick to living trees and my sawmills. Just in case that you need tons of sap as well: you can get it from the pricey tree log too.

ktappe
12-02-13, 02:31 PM
So I don't have enough Living Wood. I've chopped trees, I've chopped dead trees, I've collected from my sawmills. None of those are providing Living Wood. Is the Potion Shop the only way to get it? I'll never collect enough in time from there to fulfill the Caravan request.

ktappe
12-02-13, 02:33 PM
Addendum: Is there a chance I was chopping the wrong kinds of trees? I was chopping Birches and Aspens. Do others give it more readily?

olcastle
12-02-13, 02:51 PM
I chopped Acers, they gave me 1 living wood from 2-3 acers, I gave up on other trees.
I was on living wood spree several months ago and it was much better, I don't know if the drop was decreased before the Caravans or earlier...

Castloninian
12-02-13, 02:52 PM
So I don't have enough Living Wood. I've chopped trees, I've chopped dead trees, I've collected from my sawmills. None of those are providing Living Wood. Is the Potion Shop the only way to get it? I'll never collect enough in time from there to fulfill the Caravan request.

My sawmills definitely drop living wood. Maybe not every collection but definitely a few times a day. I do usually get some when chopping trees but I've never looked into whether different trees have different drop rates.

freesiawoods
12-02-13, 06:17 PM
Living wood is one of the few things I am short on besides food. I also noticed it seems to drop only from acer trees and sawmills. Really frustrating when it takes so many white petals to forge just one.

400cain
12-03-13, 04:31 PM
Living Wood definitly droping from White Birch. i plant, water and chop hundreds of them at my neverending fight for enough Sap an the most of the time im full on Living Wood.

KeriBeri71
12-08-13, 02:43 PM
Living wood is one of the few things I am short on besides food. I also noticed it seems to drop only from acer trees and sawmills. Really frustrating when it takes so many white petals to forge just one.

I am having the same problem of course not enough Livingwood but since I can't expand I've stopped using a acer trees (because I don't have enough space to put ponds to get the water out of!!!) but I'm literally getting nothing out of old trees old logs, so I'm between a rock and a hard place no pun intended... I have no idea what to do

labsandboxers
03-02-14, 09:15 AM
This is the first time in this game that i have a problem finding living wood. Usually I'm making things to use it up. Now that I want to get my deep mine upgraded to 5. So I can use it in the upcoming quest it has become very rare. I've tried chopping trees and other wood sources but I'm only getting it from the sawmills. Anyone else experienceing the same. If so where are you finding yours. Can't craft any right now the shops Re busy.

ciarjen
03-02-14, 10:24 AM
I don't get it from chopping trees either and have chopped quite a few of them lately because I am short of wood.

I got one today, I think from Ivy's hut or the magic garden but I only normally get them from sawmills.

ciarjen
03-02-14, 10:43 AM
and I have just had Sir Pig drop 2 living wood.

labsandboxers
03-02-14, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the info. Just got to that part in the new quest and saw that "visit the deep mine 5x" is a 25gem skip. I think I will go down that road.

tigarlilyvol
03-02-14, 03:41 PM
Just got one as a drop from level 2 maze surprised me

belbar22
03-02-14, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the info. Just got to that part in the new quest and saw that "visit the deep mine 5x" is a 25gem skip. I think I will go down that road.

I took that to mean 5 x 25. Am I wrong. Will be really happy if I am. My deep mine is only level 2

tigarlilyvol
03-02-14, 04:43 PM
I took that to mean 5 x 25. Am I wrong. Will be really happy if I am. My deep mine is only level 2

Sorry it means visit level 5 deep mine

oliverrr11
03-02-14, 05:00 PM

Hi! I think you are asking if each of the 5 times collect is 25 gems (5 x25?). If that is the question, then no. I am doing that one now - it showed 25 to skip before I collected from my level 5 and after 2 collections it now shows I can skip the rest for 15. So it is a 5 gem skip per collection, or 25 to skip it entirely if you don't have a level 5 mine

labsandboxers
03-02-14, 06:25 PM
That is correct. I'm now wait to start the new adventure. Hope it only takes 1 trip (probably not with. my luck)

belbar22
03-03-14, 07:19 AM
Hi! I think you are asking if each of the 5 times collect is 25 gems (5 x25?). If that is the question, then no. I am doing that one now - it showed 25 to skip before I collected from my level 5 and after 2 collections it now shows I can skip the rest for 15. So it is a 5 gem skip per collection, or 25 to skip it entirely if you don't have a level 5 mine

Brilliant. That is exactly what I meant. I am not going to **** myself upgrading cos although i have just bought a mirthil dragon, i feel it takes up way too much resources to upgrade at this point. Thank you for your response.

Serendipity1110
03-13-14, 07:55 AM
I used to get tons of living wood everywhere, I was usually maxxed out. Now I actually need it for a goal(5 Ornate Blocks, 5 Ornate Beams, each needs 15 living woods!) there is NOTHING! I keep growing and chopping all kinds of trees with no result, my saw mills aren't dropping any, neither do Ivy's hut, Magic Garden. For days. I've actually started crafting them one by one, but that takes so much wood, I can't keep up chopping. Is there a trade at the Royal Exchange that'll drop living wood? This is getting so frustrating :-(

tigarlilyvol
03-13-14, 08:05 AM
There is not a quick way to obtain living wood, we have all needed it at one time or another. I had to do what you are doing, chopping trees and collecting petals to make 1 in potion shop. Slow but at least you are making progress.

infinitelove19
03-13-14, 11:40 AM
I used to get tons of living wood everywhere, I was usually maxxed out. Now I actually need it for a goal(5 Ornate Blocks, 5 Ornate Beams, each needs 15 living woods!) there is NOTHING! I keep growing and chopping all kinds of trees with no result, my saw mills aren't dropping any, neither do Ivy's hut, Magic Garden. For days. I've actually started crafting them one by one, but that takes so much wood, I can't keep up chopping. Is there a trade at the Royal Exchange that'll drop living wood? This is getting so frustrating :-(

I am in the same situation & finding it frustrating. Now, I have never beem one to suggest that drop rates change, but it really foes seem to drop more rarely than it used to. Sure would be nice to have it drop from a tree, like the maple tree gives sap & syrup. Maybe a "tree of life" that gives 1 or rarely 5 living wood, every few hours.

I have chopped down about ten trees without a single living wood. have done the trade in the potion shop a few times, but needing 20 wood & however many white petals, makes this a slow process.

Anoyher trade in the trading post just might be a good idea! ;-)

susbebe
03-13-14, 12:03 PM
We just need a living wood tree like the sap tree :o

LinkinPark92
03-17-14, 02:27 AM
I need 14 living woods but my sawmill won't give any
(Because I need it for a goal)
From which trees or other ways do they drop a lot?

ciarjen
03-17-14, 02:39 AM
Dead wood or living wood?

Is it an "ask friends" quest?

LinkinPark92
03-17-14, 03:08 AM
Sorry, my wrong. Yes I mean living wood.
No it's not an ask neighbours quest, it's for the "the last blessing" goal

ciarjen
03-17-14, 03:30 AM
Living wood drops from the sawmills, ivy's hut I think and from chopping trees but it is a rare drop so you may get one or two from chopping a tree or get nothing.

ciarjen
03-17-14, 04:14 AM
You can also craft it in the potion shop.

LinkinPark92
03-17-14, 07:59 AM
As I said the sawmill won't give me any, I'm chopping trees but and use the wood in the potionshop to craft living wood but it doesn't come fast enough

ShibuyaCloth
03-17-14, 08:07 AM
Living wood is one of the most difficult resource to come by. Most other have a solution now. The best source is to chop down entire forests. I have always 2 extensions dedicated to tree farming. Plant-tend-chop and yes it is tiering, most of my energy is used to chop 1000s of trees since a year.

maguar
03-17-14, 04:12 PM
I've merged some of the multiple threads on living wood

leojsufur
04-08-14, 07:47 AM
Is there a tree that produces more living wood than the others. I cleared a whole forest of red acer trees and maybe got 2 living wood. Is there a better way to get it? The sawmills and ivy give me some. I need to make a lot of enchanted beams to upgrade my mine and at this rate it's going to take months!

zoo123g
04-08-14, 08:25 AM
living wood is such a rare drop now. all the trees have the same drop rate.

ShibuyaCloth
04-08-14, 08:30 AM
If you are advanced enough in the game you can transform wood into Living Wood in the potion shop. A good way to recycle the wood overflow.

leojsufur
04-08-14, 08:51 AM
Ok. I guess the potion shop is the way to go. I need 75 living wood to make 5 ornate beams and 40 living wood for the architect's paste all for a level 5 mine. This could take a while... Good thing I have other goals to complete.

belbar22
04-08-14, 09:21 AM
Ok. I guess the potion shop is the way to go. I need 75 living wood to make 5 ornate beams and 40 living wood for the architect's paste all for a level 5 mine. This could take a while... Good thing I have other goals to complete.

I had the same problem a few weeks ago and though it would take me weeks to upgrade my mine from level 1 to 5 and also to have enough living wood for a number of other goals that all seemed to need it at the same time. I planted 10 acer trees at a time and took out all my white trillium plants and spent a week just collecting wood and white petals to craft living wood and make builders paste (for the magic cement). I supplemented my collections by sending out my knights on the desert adventure which gave me ornate beams and magic cement and this meant I didn't need to craft so many. I had all the living wood I needed and had upgraded my deep mine in 6 days.

Good luck.

leojsufur
04-08-14, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the encouragement belbar22. I will do a desert sand quest soon. 6 days doesn't seem so bad :)

gewms
04-17-14, 06:20 AM
Hi, i just started the last challenge for the magic tree. Which tree gives you the most living wood?

GC5410
04-17-14, 06:23 AM
Apparently, they are all equal (not including the dead one!)

jannywanny86
04-17-14, 06:49 AM
I hardly ever get living wood from trees :(

kudukuda
04-17-14, 07:37 AM
I am just before the sappling quest. Expect it any day now. But i forgot that it needed living wood. I was maxed for a while now i have about 10. Oy!! Need to start collecting again.

gewms
04-17-14, 08:00 AM
For the last part you are going to need 50 living and 3 living Essence.

What takes the longest is writing the letters. You are going to need 12 pages (I think) and they take a while. So start collecting them. ��

PurpleScorpion76
08-31-14, 03:50 AM
Is there a better tree to chop/get living wood from (excluding the living wood gem purchase)?

tigarlilyvol
08-31-14, 04:24 AM
They all have same drop rate

PurpleScorpion76
08-31-14, 05:40 AM
Thanks.

mnjcafe
08-31-14, 05:58 AM
Check out this thread about living wood for more info:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?37595-Living-Wood&highlight=Living+wood

ShibuyaCloth
08-31-14, 06:45 AM
You can craft it in your potion shop later in the game. Helps to get ride of excess wood. You can also get plenty from the Living Tree (gem purchase) and the Goddess Tree (latter quest).

PurpleScorpion76
08-31-14, 02:38 PM
With regards to the gem purchase of living tree. How often can you collect from it and what does 'high' chance of drop mean?

roguebee
08-31-14, 04:18 PM
It drops 1-3 living wood every 4 hours along with a piece of wood. Good way to rebuild a stockpile. I tap it even when I'm maxed on living wood as I'm always needing another piece of lumber in my kingdom.

MiraiJodie
09-01-14, 05:53 AM
The sawmill gives you living wood sometimes, I'm not sure just how much you can get or how often you get it though