PDA

View Full Version : Popularity rating?

Unregistered
11-29-10, 12:40 AM
Does it go up when you expand your restaurant or is it based on the number of neighbors you have? Or the seating available? Or am I missing something altogether?

ZL123
11-29-10, 04:29 AM
If you mean star rating, if you tip other users a lot then you'll eventually get one star, two, three and then the final fourth star.

I myself want to ask a question. When does it decrease? Mine has been decreasing lately, from three stars to two stars. Please help someone!

Unregistered
11-29-10, 04:40 AM
If you mean star rating, if you tip other users a lot then you'll eventually get one star, two, three and then the final fourth star.

I myself want to ask a question. When does it decrease? Mine has been decreasing lately, from three stars to two stars. Please help someone!

I have read a few posts lately complaining about a problem with the popularity rating going down unusually quickly, but I know in the past that if I dont visit neighbour every night then my star rating will drop to the low 3's after 2 nights. In saying that, I usually only keep between 40 and 50 neighbours on FS, CS and RS, so if you have more than that then your rate may take longer to drop.

A little comparison for you....we have 2 devices in this house. I visit all of my neighbours each night, and my rating hardly ever drops to a 3, and if it does within one or two visits it is back up to 4. The second device only visits neighbours until their star rating gets to 4, and we find that each night his rate, before he visits neighbours, is less than half way along the line for the 3rd star. So we figured that if you keep tipping well once you have a 4 star rating then your rating takes longer to drop to 3, and if it does it is quick to get back up to a 4. And if you are a regular and good tipper you shouldn't have a problem. I hope that all makes sense.

Unregistered
11-29-10, 08:07 AM
The popularity rating isn't the star rating... it's the red smiley face icon on the top. From the game:

"Happy customers increase your restaurant popularity. Restaurants with higher popularity attract more customers."

It's the little people who come in and out of your store. The people traffic. More people will come in and eat (therefore consume food) if it's at 100 than, say, 10. You'll see it go down one by one when one little person can't sit down to eat (because you don't have enough chairs, for example) so they become angry and thus you lose one happy smile. Mainly you should keep it at 100 so your food is consumed faster...

ZL123
11-29-10, 10:34 PM
I forgot about that completely! There are three other reasons...

One is that the path to the host table is blocked by something, or there IS no host table!
Another is that the path to the empty chair is blocked.
The last is that there are no food on any counter.

Hope that resolves the problem!

Unregistered
11-29-10, 10:42 PM
Yeah that's what I was referring to but I tried putting more tables in with every chair accessible and plenty of food so what makes the number of customers increase? Because I took out at least 10 tables and my customer count stayed at 100

deadpix
11-30-10, 01:33 AM
Yeah that's what I was referring to but I tried putting more tables in with every chair accessible and plenty of food so what makes the number of customers increase? Because I took out at least 10 tables and my customer count stayed at 100

The current maximum is 100 and you can easily achieve this with just 24 unblocked tables and chairs with well stocked serving tables.

At the present moment, there is no real benefit to having an ultra large restaurant unless it's just for you to decorate and feel good about. :-)

Unregistered
11-30-10, 03:14 AM
The current maximum is 100 and you can easily achieve this with just 24 unblocked tables and chairs with well stocked serving tables.

At the present moment, there is no real benefit to having an ultra large restaurant unless it's just for you to decorate and feel good about. :-)

That was really bothering me lol thanks

Unregistered
11-30-10, 05:34 AM
Just in case you didn't already know. If you block your door when you are out of food that stops the customers getting upset.

I'd like to see if get harder to get 100% satisfaction as you get to higher levels. We could then be rewarded with more customers to fill all the tables. I never get more than 18 customers at a time.

Unregistered
12-03-10, 11:40 PM
hey people.. mine popularity rating stucks at 50... it does not go to 100.. anyone knows why?

Unregistered
12-04-10, 01:26 AM
hey people.. mine popularity rating stucks at 50... it does not go to 100.. anyone knows why?

You need to get the latest update from the itunes store. But, dont be disappointed as it is just a number, you wont have any extra customers just because your number is 100. The 50 popularity was 100%, now they have just changed the number form 50 to 100. Hope that makes sense.

Unregistered
12-04-10, 09:27 AM

Did you get the restaurant story update? Before I got the update mine stayed low too but getting the update allows you to get a max of 100 happy customers! Hope this helps?