PDA

View Full Version : Glimmer dust

Pages : [1] 2

laceylaine
10-12-12, 05:30 PM
Can anyone help me with where to find glimmer dust, either than from neighbor gifts? Recently I've found none, and its telling me glimmer dust is found in low damp places. I've tried mushrooms, purple flowers, trees and rocks, and ponds and wells all day, and no glimmer dust.

maguar
10-12-12, 05:51 PM
It's a rare drop from mushroom patches, mushroom circles, red mushroom circles, tall grass, ferns, old logs, plant in log dead trees, Ivy's Hut, Magic Garden, Sir Pigglesworth, Feed the Baron, Glimmerdust trove, gifts from neighbours.

Please note that red mushroom circles will occasionally drop two.

laceylaine
10-12-12, 05:56 PM
Sweetness, thanks! I will try more logs and grass.

maguar
10-12-12, 06:39 PM
If you have unlocked Ivy'sHut you can request it from neighbours

Edit - this features was removed with the manual update to version 1.1.1

maguar
10-12-12, 06:41 PM

That is you can request it to build the hut

hmgdanielson
10-12-12, 08:51 PM
I've had the best luck from mushroom patches, but that was pre-update. It's still really difficult to collect.

cast1532
10-12-12, 08:58 PM
Have you seen my land? I have mushrooms patches and I get like 6 Glimmer Dusts when I collected from them.

maguar
10-13-12, 02:07 AM
It also comes from dead trees

Classic70
10-13-12, 03:38 AM
Do you seriously need 100 glimmer dust to craft the tome?? That will take forever!

mymummy789
10-13-12, 06:02 AM
Have you seen my land? I have mushrooms patches and I get like 6 Glimmer Dusts when I collected from them.

wow!!! sent an invite so I could have a peek. I guess I better head to market and get some more mushrooms!!

yupiyupigumgum
10-13-12, 07:47 AM
Lately, the mushrooms didn't give much glimmer dusts, only 15 coins and a star, not a single mushroom

maguar
10-13-12, 10:29 AM
Lately, the mushrooms didn't give much glimmer dusts, only 15 coins and a star, not a single mushroom

If you have 99 mushrooms in your inventory you get $ instead of th mushroom. Glimmer dust is still a rare drop. Try dead trees. They give you wood withna chance of glimmer dust.

mamareader02
10-13-12, 10:38 AM
Havin same prob- this quest gonna take forever!kinda high amount we need of a rare item

mamareader02
10-13-12, 01:41 PM
Have tried dead trees- got a few bits ,now nothing is giving glimmer !

mymummy789
10-14-12, 12:45 PM
Have tried dead trees- got a few bits ,now nothing is giving glimmer !

It is extremely rare, isn't it!! However, now that I have unlocked Ivy's hut I intend to make loads of super glue whilst I can actaully request glimmer dust from neighbours

caljean
10-15-12, 05:10 PM
Please help. How to we get bunch of this. It's too many. Mushrooms don't always give out glimmer dust. Any suggestions.

caljean
10-15-12, 05:10 PM
How can I request it?

diehardpat
10-15-12, 05:29 PM
We are all in the same boat, I've had most luck with mushroom patches but I only get 1 in every 10 I pick

hmgdanielson
10-15-12, 06:11 PM
You can request glimmerdust to build Ivy's house. Once requested, you can use it to make ink and so on until you have a stockpile - at which point you can finish Ivy's house. You can also receive it as a gift from neighbors.

yupiyupigumgum
10-16-12, 09:49 AM
If you have 99 mushrooms in your inventory you get $ instead of th mushroom. Glimmer dust is still a rare drop. Try dead trees. They give you wood withna chance of glimmer dust.

That explained it.thanks

hopesdragons
10-16-12, 07:58 PM
The price of Glimmerdust has gone up. It WAS 2 gems/1 dust. Now it's 10 gems.

Baraze
10-18-12, 03:27 AM
I'm only on level eight and have collected about nine glimmer dusts. From pretty basic things. I only have two mushrooms. And one mushroom circle. My kids will think I'm cool playing this game. It's similar to their revered minecraft.

yupiyupigumgum
10-18-12, 04:23 AM
I harvested 10 mushroom circles,3 mushroom patchs and can only got TWO glimmerdusts, if I'm lucky :'-( .logs and tall grass only give me colorful petals. so the only reliable source of glimmer dust for me is generous neighbors. :p

melan1010
10-23-12, 01:55 AM
I am currently collecting glimmer dust from neighbours on the ivy hut task, but that glimmer dust will be used to make the super glue to build her hut.

Then I am trying to make the magic ink which requires 10 x glimmer dust just to make ONE magic ink and I have to make 10 magic ink that's 100 glimmer dust it's next to impossible or will take me months

This is where I lose interest in games like this, the longer it's takes to complete a task it's get boring, I understand you have to try and slow the game down because people and moving through it to fast but our attention span are not that long

laVirtualCloset
10-23-12, 02:10 AM
You won't complete this task in a day but It shouldn't take you months. There are players who've already built the hut. There are a mixture of goals. Some, like this one, intentionally take longer. But there are plenty of other things you can while working on this goal.

This game is very different from other TL games. Perhaps some players have shorter attention spans but there are a variety of other games they can choose from if this isn't a good fit. I know other players love Dragon Story and Farm Story but it's not a good fit for me. No game is going to completely satisfy everyone but fortunately TL (or one other company) provides a lot for us to choose from.

Rockinkitten
10-23-12, 02:46 AM
It took me two and a half days. I like it when I don't finish a goal in a few hours !

IMOK
10-23-12, 03:37 AM
you need to build the theatre - then you can request glimmer dust from ALL your friends.......

IMOK
10-23-12, 03:38 AM
sorry, I meant Ivy's hut...

pcoote
10-23-12, 03:43 AM
you need to build the theatre - then you can request glimmer dust from ALL your friends.......

How? Do you mean before you build it after you place it?

IMOK
10-23-12, 03:48 AM
while building Ivy's hut - if you have many neighbours the 'glimmer' comes in quickly

laVirtualCloset
10-23-12, 06:34 AM
while building Ivy's hut - if you have many neighbours the 'glimmer' comes in quickly

Exactly, once u buy Ivy's hut you will have the ability to request glimmerdust from ur nbrs. However, instead of building right away, u may want to use this request feature as an opportunity to use the glimmerdust received for stocking up on other materials that require the ingredient or to make/construct other buildings whose parts require glimmerdust. You may actually be the one choosing to extend the time to necessary to complete the goal. This forum is full of invaluable information and notice about what's needed for upcoming goals and quest. After reading, you may find reasons to use the construction of Ivy's hut to your advantage and not be in such a rush to complete it.

sazilla
10-23-12, 10:25 AM
wish I had known this before I completed Ivy's hut!!!! so now I'm stuck getting about 5 glimmer dust per day and I need 10 x10= 100 so it's gonna take me about 2 more weeks! that's not cool :(

pcoote
10-23-12, 10:36 AM
wish I had known this before I completed Ivy's hut!!!! so now I'm stuck getting about 5 glimmer dust per day and I need 10 x10= 100 so it's gonna take me about 2 more weeks! that's not cool :(

Same. Wish I could sell and re-buy it just to stock up!

melan1010
10-23-12, 10:58 AM
Thanks for that laVirtualCloset I can see what you mean and I will be doing that :) I sent my glimmerdust request to friends this morning but my request have not come through yet dnt know if there's a time delay on getting them or maybe some of my friends are in a different time zone to me

laceylaine
10-23-12, 11:34 AM
If you're stuck at only being able to get glimmer dust from collecting, I find the dead trees drop glimmer dust more frequently. I had money to spare so I bought a few at $800 a tree and I would get at least one or two glimmer dust each time I finished chopping the tree down, takes 5 chops I think. Yes it's expensive and slow, but its a way if you don't have the option to request glimmer dust right now.

meteor7
10-23-12, 04:22 PM

This exactly!

laVirtualCloset
10-23-12, 08:06 PM
Thanks for that laVirtualCloset I can see what you mean and I will be doing that :) I sent my glimmerdust request to friends this morning but my request have not come through yet dnt know if there's a time delay on getting them or maybe some of my friends are in a different time zone to me

Sorry for the delay in responding, busy day at work. You're very welcome! It's possible there could be a delay in responding. I know I live in Californina and it seems my neighbors are always ahead of me. However, if you have alot of neighbors then make sure you don't send a request to most of them. You can only receive 20 request a day and sending a large number out could clog up your delivery. I have well over 100 nbrs but I only send out 20 requests. Your newsfeed will tell you which nbr responded to your request. I try to monitor my newsfeed as best I can and take note of which nbrs have a great track record of responding and focus on that subset.

laVirtualCloset
10-23-12, 08:24 PM
Just a suggestion, forget about what TeamLava is doing; whether they're changing the game or slowing it down. Don't be in such a rush, think about the game strategically and some of these things will naturally come to you. However, if they don't its okay because there is so much information on this forum to help you avoid some pit falls. Granted, if you don't come to forum then you may not know. But if you're coming to the forum to vent or share an opinion, or ask a question, or share some insite then take some time to also review other threads. In time you will be able to take advantage of what players ahead of you have discovered.

Don't be in such a rush. Once you complete a goal, you're just going to be looking for another one and another one. TL may only devote so much time at this level to this game before moving on to the next offering. Besides a goal to download other games, many of the longer TL offerings haven't had goals in a tremendously long time. At some point, TL's goal-giving music may stop and instead of saying "these goals take too long", you may be saying "when are we getting new goals". Enjoy it while you can :-)

maguar
10-23-12, 11:03 PM
I have well over 100 nbrs but I only send out 20 requests. Your newsfeed will tell you which nbr responded to your request. I try to monitor my newsfeed as best I can and take note of which nbrs have a great track record of responding and focus on that subset.

Personally I'll send about 25 to neighbours I know respond promptly. The reason I include the extra 5 is incase someone's away or can't play.

melan1010
10-23-12, 11:07 PM
I didn't know about the 20 request a day I've been sending my request to my 150+ neighbours now I know why I've not had a response lol. I'm gonna take on all your advice ill be checking my news feed, I'm in England and I did think a lot of my neighbours might be asleep when I'm awake

melan1010
10-23-12, 11:11 PM
Oh and I did notice this morning, yesterday glimmerdust in ivy hut was 10 gems to buy this morning it's 15 gems to buy

yupiyupigumgum
10-23-12, 11:55 PM

Been there. But then I focused on getting glimmer dust in many ways : post on neighbor wall asking for it, send glimmerdust as gift (and hope the neighbor will give me the same ) and by harvesting mushrooms ( 10 mushrooms for 1 or 2 glimmerdust :-P) Slowly but sure I can finished the magic ink goal and the ivy's hut. Just be patient and try to enjoy it..it won't take you more than 2 weeks. It didn't take me more than a week :p . Good luck

IngeVienna
10-24-12, 12:43 AM
it would be nice if we have a reliable source

thatgirl444
10-24-12, 01:54 AM
Easier way to get glimmer dust if you have already completed ivys hut is to buy whole bunch of mushroom circles or keep the ones you get from expansions....dead trees are ok but you have to keep buying them....mushrooms you get to keep and can collect from many times a day. I have about 10 of them and if i click on all 10, at least 3 drop the dust.

laVirtualCloset
10-24-12, 04:49 AM
Personally I'll send about 25 to neighbours I know respond promptly. The reason I include the extra 5 is incase someone's away or can't play.

Yep, A few extra is a good idea. Sometimes I do that and sometimes I don't but it's a good practice.

s_lynne
10-25-12, 12:46 AM
I know that certain goals and buildings require obtaining GlimmerDust and we were able to "ask" our neighbors. Now that I've completed those goals, obtaining GlimmerDust seems to be rather frustrating. I cleared "dead logs" and watered "mushroom circles", among other things, but not one GlimmerDust has dropped. I've posted on my wall for my neighbors to gift me GlimmerDust, and I'm probably receivin about 1/day, and that's if I get any at all. I'm trying to complete the Magic Forge and I need GD for the Super Glue and at the rate that I'm goin I probably won't complete it until next week. I think there needs to be a better way to get it because I'm NOT spending money for it!!

mymummy789
10-25-12, 02:13 AM
I agree. I only get 1, 2 if I am lucky, as gifts, and I never seem to have enough energy to keep tending my mushrooms.

seattlestown
10-25-12, 09:47 AM
I seem to have to clear about 10 to 15 or more mush patches and circles before i get one glimmer dust. It's really hard to keep using so much energy just for one GD.

Dabag
10-25-12, 11:56 PM
updated app

just got to goal a hut for ivy

it says glimmerdust - various

what happened to ASK neighbors?

maguar
10-26-12, 12:00 AM
If I was to hazard a guess I would say that they have locked down the exploit. It will be interesting to see if they have done this for every building that allowed you to request from your neighbours.

Dabag
10-26-12, 12:06 AM
not yet
i also have a Conservatory under construction and going to ASK Friends right now. lol

maguar
10-26-12, 12:22 AM
Ah then I would say Ivy's been shut down deliberately to slow the game down.

melan1010
10-26-12, 12:23 AM
If you are building Ivy's hut, you can request glimmerdust from neighbours which you can use to build your buildings, also I keep an eye on my news feed and any neighbours that respond to my request (at the time im playing i know they are playing at same time ) so I go on there wall and ask them to gift me some glimmerdust

MHz_
10-26-12, 01:00 AM
The change was specifically made only for glimmer dust. We'll be looking at ways to make it more accessible for users without being so easy to game with the construction screen :)

karen259259
10-26-12, 05:40 AM
This has happened to me aswell, I now can't construct Ivy's house. How am I supposed to obtain 40 glimmerdust if I can't ask friends???

emroseaa
10-26-12, 05:52 AM
It's really sad that such a fun game can get so boring so fast when such a required material is literally inaccessible.

goodsnyummies
10-26-12, 06:34 AM
The change was specifically made only for glimmer dust. We'll be looking at ways to make it more accessible for users without being so easy to game with the construction screen :)

Hope it's soon

jill18jill
10-27-12, 10:00 AM
Not just glimmerdust! Also living wood :( With the amount of glimmerdust required for each super glue + the 40 required to build ivy's hut - should be done in about 3 months!

arsenij
10-27-12, 12:35 PM
I'm getting glimmer dust from the patch of tall grass (it is very cheap!), but the chance is 1:50 or less. Anyway glimmer dust and living woods are the most hard items to collect. If somebody has a lot please gift me :)

duncank
10-27-12, 01:14 PM
I am really tired of the rules changing...
"Glimmer Dust" is never available, no matter how many mushrooms, logs etc you use...
TeamLarva it is really tiring when things change so dramatically.
Please look into this.

lozerrfaceXOXOmommy
10-27-12, 06:08 PM
Yesterday I could request glimmer dust from my neighbors, which I had to use to make super glue, but today I cannot request from friends at all. I need 40 glimmer dust to complete ivy's hut and I only have three. It is taking me way too long to collect from mushrooms. This is very frustrating.

lozerrfaceXOXOmommy
10-27-12, 06:38 PM
This is frustrating to me. Why were my neighbors allowed to request glimmer dust but when I get to this goal I cannot? If there is going to be a change to make it easier to collect it at a later time why am I the one who has to suffer with no easier way or no way to collect from neighbors. I get stuck in the middle of the pack struggling to get glimmer dust because requesting has been taken away and the easier way to get it has not come out yet.

yupiyupigumgum
10-27-12, 10:40 PM
While feeling frustrated about glimmerdust, don't forget to collect water, jewels, make the lanterns and save coins for further expansion. Just try to do anything that can be done instead of feeling stuck on one absurd goal. Don't lose the fun side of this game, ...if there's one.

snowyhillz
10-28-12, 01:07 AM
This has happened to me aswell, I now can't construct Ivy's house. How am I supposed to obtain 40 glimmerdust if I can't ask friends???

I have got 4 red mushroom circles and they drop 2 glimmer dusts approx every 6 times I collect from them.

snowyhillz
10-28-12, 01:10 AM
Not just glimmerdust! Also living wood :( With the amount of glimmerdust required for each super glue + the 40 required to build ivy's hut - should be done in about 3 months!

Get some red mushroom circles, when they drop dust it's 2

emmapeelrox
10-28-12, 05:26 AM
I so agree with you ! So why was this this option of obtaining glimmerdust via Ivy's hut now taken away from us in crafting our own game ? To slow us down even further?

yupiyupigumgum
10-28-12, 07:38 AM
I am really tired of the rules changing...
"Glimmer Dust" is never available, no matter how many mushrooms, logs etc you use...
TeamLarva it is really tiring when things change so dramatically.
Please look into this.

After struggled and finally completed ivy's hut and magic ink's goal, I can't believe I still have to face another glimmer dust-related task..watch out for the windmill, guys!! By the way, TEAMLARVA? LOL :D

bigtail2
10-28-12, 05:34 PM
Agree that this needs to be addressed. I have six red mushroom rings out and I am 0/18 on collecting.

aNikolas
10-28-12, 10:19 PM
I've had the best luck with red ring mushrooms. It's annoying, I hope that Team Lava fixes this. I also posted on my wall that I needed more glimmer dust and my neighbors/friends seem to be sending more now. Hope this helps.

MHz_
10-29-12, 01:13 AM
We'll be increasing the drop rates for all mushrooms that drop glimmer dust. This change will go live tomorrow.

maguar
10-29-12, 02:04 AM
We'll be increasing the drop rates for all mushrooms that drop glimmer dust. This change will go live tomorrow.

Thanks for looking into the issue and implementing an improvement :)

MHz_
10-29-12, 02:16 AM
Thanks for looking into the issue and implementing an improvement :)

It's not a major increase, but hopefully it will get things a bit more in line with our expectations.

thegrowhouse
10-29-12, 07:21 AM
Yesterday I could request glimmer dust from my neighbors, which I had to use to make super glue, but today I cannot request from friends at all. I need 40 glimmer dust to complete ivy's hut and I only have three. It is taking me way too long to collect from mushrooms. This is very frustrating.

I agree. This is ridiculous & I am more than a little peeved. I am so sick of the rules getting changed for no reason. On my game the rate of finding glimmer dust has not increased making it nearly impossible to complete any of my buildings. Also, it now costs 15 gems per glimmer dust?! This is a ridiculous ploy to get me to spend more money on their apps. I thought the point of team lava's updates were to make the game better not worse!

crystalrayn3
10-29-12, 07:45 AM

Will this increases be applied to both Mushroom Patches & Mushroom Circles or just the Patches?

GTMoney
10-29-12, 07:49 AM
Mushroom Patches and Mushroom Circles of all kinds. The increase doesn't apply to other things that may drop Glimmerdust, like Old Logs, Weeds, and the Magic Garden.

mymummy789
10-29-12, 08:09 AM
Now there is a solution being made, perhaps someone should merge all the glimmerdust threads - there are quite a few!!!

kooky panda
10-29-12, 11:34 AM
Now there is a solution being made, perhaps someone should merge all the glimmerdust threads - there are quite a few!!!

Good suggestion, I will merge them.

MHz_
10-29-12, 12:34 PM
A push for the Glimmer Dust drop rates is now live. You should get them more often from all mushroom patches/circles. We also adjusted some gem costs on all blocks, beams, glues, pastes, and feasts. They were significantly cheaper then their material costs, and so they were raised to be a bit more in line with our intentions. They're still cheaper then their individual parts, just a little less now.

hopesdragons
10-29-12, 12:48 PM
A push for the Glimmer Dust drop rates is now live. You should get them more often from all mushroom patches/circles.

Thank you!

hmgdanielson
10-29-12, 05:15 PM
A push for the Glimmer Dust drop rates is now live. You should get them more often from all mushroom patches/circles.

http://www.niftymessageboard.com/images/smiles/love.gif Thank you!

seattlestown
10-30-12, 06:09 AM
Yesterday my glimmer drops increased to one every 5 to 7 collections from mush. Today it's changed back again. I've already used 40 energy this morning with only 2 glimmers. Very annoyed with it. All my energy is going to that now

googol
10-31-12, 08:05 PM
They have taken that feature away. :(
I just placed Ivy's Hut and it says "from various" under glimmerdust now...not request from neighbors.

googol
10-31-12, 08:17 PM
First- Kudos on this game, your best so far! Love the story and constant goals...keeps me engaged.
But the glimmerdust issue is not cool. Taking away ability to request it from neighbors...not cool. I'm clearly buying gems, but this change (combined with the many items that also need glimmerdust) will make me lose interest. It just seems a bit greedy, especially from the perspective of a player who spends about $15-$20 a week on gems for this game. In the first few days I spent around $60 because it was so fun.

Hope you'll let us request from neighbors again. Maybe put a daily cap on how many can be received? I certainly understand your desire to slow down the game so we don't lose interest. But some decisions (especially when privileges are taken away) are a bit extreme.

adieten
11-01-12, 06:16 AM
I am on the quest of building Ivys Hut however cannot find the option that lets me request Glimmer dust from neighbours.... :-(

adieten
11-01-12, 06:18 AM
I agree 100% with u googol..... it it seriously getting on my nerves and removing any enjoyment at the moment.... sad times...

midnightmeerkat
11-01-12, 12:16 PM
I agree 100% with u googol..... it it seriously getting on my nerves and removing any enjoyment at the moment.... sad times...

I still enjoy the game very much, I find that the increased drop rate from the circles has made up for them taking away the ability to ask neighbour for the dust, I only use the red circles as they drop 2 dust at a time. I treat it as an extension of farming.

kooky panda
11-01-12, 01:03 PM
I still enjoy the game very much, I find that the increased drop rate from the circles has made up for them taking away the ability to ask neighbour for the dust, I only use the red circles as they drop 2 dust at a time. I treat it as an extension of farming.
Me too. I have them buy by ponds and wells, so I use some of my energy to collect from these throughout the day.

lozerrfaceXOXOmommy
11-01-12, 02:32 PM
I use alot of my energy to collect from mushrooms of all kinds so that I can obtain glimmer dust. It is nice that they do drop glimmer dust more often now, but it is still taking me forever (two to three weeks) to complete one goal because so many goals require such LARGE amounts of glimmer dust. Therefore, it becomes frustrating and boring. Glimmer dust seems to be the most use material, yet it is the hardest to get. I understand slowing the game down, but it is almost making this game way too hard to get anywhere, due to the lack of glimmer dust and the cost if expansions. Can anything else be done to help so that glimmer dust is any easier to obtain?

midnightmeerkat
11-01-12, 03:13 PM
I use alot of my energy to collect from mushrooms of all kinds so that I can obtain glimmer dust.

I would suggest you concentrate on the red mushroom circle as it drops 2 dust at a time..... I find that harvesting 6 red circles will generally give between 2 to 8 dusts..... The item I am finding really hard to find is the jewels

hmgdanielson
11-01-12, 03:17 PM
I tend to have great luck getting jewels from rock outcroppings when my stone is full.

midnightmeerkat
11-01-12, 03:23 PM
I tend to have great luck getting jewels from rock outcroppings when my stone is full.

All it seems to do for me is give me 15 coins :(

moda999
11-03-12, 06:23 AM
Using IOS version 1.1.1 on one device and 1.1 on another. Both same level in game BUT NEWER version not dropping glimmer dust as often. put it this way I have gathered 43 on old version but only 4 on new improved bug fixing version.

Please TL have a look again at drop rate or I'll stay on old version.

MHz_
11-03-12, 11:44 AM
Using IOS version 1.1.1 on one device and 1.1 on another. Both same level in game BUT NEWER version not dropping glimmer dust as often. put it this way I have gathered 43 on old version but only 4 on new improved bug fixing version.

Please TL have a look again at drop rate or I'll stay on old version.

Drop rates are independent to game version. It's just bad luck.

princessp64
11-03-12, 06:34 PM
Where is the best place to get jewels in castle story ? I am trying to buildtheobservatory and need jewels for the royal blocks and logs!

Perry9877
11-04-12, 12:48 AM
Since the update, I have lost the ability to request items from my neighbours. Wish I had not updated!!!!

midnightmeerkat
11-04-12, 01:08 PM
Where is the best place to get jewels in castle story ? I am trying to buildtheobservatory and need jewels for the royal blocks and logs!

I got them from the sparkling mines, mining lots and lots of rocks, adventures give 1 occasionally, you can also request from neighbours. Takes a while but eventually you get them.

thegrowhouse
11-05-12, 11:25 AM
Drop rates are independent to game version. It's just bad luck.
I don't understand this. Obviously a lot of people are upset about the drop rates, it WAS fixed, then when you updated it again you UN fix it? I am already experiencing a severely dropped rate of finding glimmer dust.. AGAIN. Pointless update.

thegrowhouse
11-05-12, 11:27 AM
Boo, There's no edit button. I don't understand how if they're independent there's been a sudden drastic change in "luck" & not just for one person :/

MHz_
11-05-12, 11:58 AM
I don't understand this. Obviously a lot of people are upset about the drop rates, it WAS fixed, then when you updated it again you UN fix it? I am already experiencing a severely dropped rate of finding glimmer dust.. AGAIN. Pointless update.

We never changed it after we made adjustments. It's just bad luck, plain and simple. If you flip a coin 50 times, you'll almost never have it result in heads 25 times, and tails 25 times, even though the probability is 50/50. The same goes for the drop rates.

princessp64
11-06-12, 08:48 PM
Thank you fortune reply, yes the drop rate seems to be slower now....

yupiyupigumgum
11-07-12, 02:49 AM
if you lucky enough, you can get 2 glimmer dusts in a row! And then 20 mushrooms later....another 2 glimmerdusts in a row.

queentina3
11-07-12, 09:58 AM
if you lucky enough, you can get 2 glimmer dusts in a row! And then 20 mushrooms later....another 2 glimmerdusts in a row.

Or if you're like me, you're full to the brim with mushrooms, no room for more, no way to off-load them, and receive 0 glimmer dust everytime I attempt to get some. :(

kooky panda
11-07-12, 11:37 AM
Or if you're like me, you're full to the brim with mushrooms, no room for more, no way to off-load them, and receive 0 glimmer dust everytime I attempt to get some. :(

I was not getting any glimmerdust from my mushrooms the last few days. I was like "WHAT??".
Then when I was scrolling my inventory, I noticed I was maxed out with 99!!
Well that was mushroom energy wasted!!!

Had a small blonde moment..

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVWLRwsAZchcWVu9X_-Uovdb8gF8xa2-pciPXG_4LRfQEVP7peqQ

queentina3
11-07-12, 12:05 PM
I was not getting any glimmerdust from my mushrooms the last few days. I was like "WHAT??".
Then when I was scrolling my inventory, I noticed I was maxed out with 99!!
Well that was mushroom energy wasted!!!

Had a small blonde moment..

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVWLRwsAZchcWVu9X_-Uovdb8gF8xa2-pciPXG_4LRfQEVP7peqQ

LMAO, yup. I'm not touching my mushrooms or circles until I can get rid of some of my stockpile. Problem is, I need to make Super Glue and I can't without the Glimmer Dust. On top of that I need to build Ivy's Hut and I can't because I can't make Super Glue and I can't get the 40 Glimmer Dust on top of that. I'm hoping to make enough money to purchase the Queen's Keep and I'm PRAYING it doesn't need Super Glue, or I'm dead. LOL!!!

I even posted on my wall to please gift me Glimmer Dust if people decide I'm one of the 3 to gift, and only GG has been kind enough. :(

kooky panda
11-07-12, 12:12 PM
LMAO, yup. I'm not touching my mushrooms or circles until I can get rid of some of my stockpile. Problem is, I need to make Super Glue and I can't without the Glimmer Dust. On top of that I need to build Ivy's Hut and I can't because I can't make Super Glue and I can't get the 40 Glimmer Dust on top of that. I'm hoping to make enough money to purchase the Queen's Keep and I'm PRAYING it doesn't need Super Glue, or I'm dead. LOL!!!

I even posted on my wall to please gift me Glimmer Dust if people decide I'm one of the 3 to gift, and only GG has been kind enough. :(

Queens Keep takes

5 Fancy Block
5 Fancy Beams
5 simple Glue

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35549-Castle-Story-Reference-Guide&p=398025&viewfull=1#post398025 see spreadsheet

Dragon_cdk
11-08-12, 03:45 AM
I was able to get about 40 glimmerdust from friends before the update, but then you need 40 more for the super glue for Ivy's Hut, and 100 more to make the Tome. Honestly, I just bought a lot of dead trees and brought out the axe. I would usually get 1-2 glimmerdust per tree (sometimes 0 and rarely 3). I think it took just over a week to get all I needed, and meanwhile I was stocking up on plenty of wood, mushrooms, and exp. I know it's a bit slow for some, but then, kingdoms aren't built in day... :)

freshpickins
11-08-12, 03:55 AM
I was able to get about 40 glimmerdust from friends before the update, but then you need 40 more for the super glue for Ivy's Hut, and 100 more to make the Tome. Honestly, I just bought a lot of dead trees and brought out the axe. I would usually get 1-2 glimmerdust per tree (sometimes 0 and rarely 3). I think it took just over a week to get all I needed, and meanwhile I was stocking up on plenty of wood, mushrooms, and exp. I know it's a bit slow for some, but then, kingdoms aren't built in day... :). I admire your patience. I am now stuck between building Ivy's Hut or getting more royal buildings. All these need to glimmer dust everywhere is getting super frustrating. I might just go back to paying the more predictable restaurant story. :(

queentina3
11-08-12, 04:18 AM
I was able to get about 40 glimmerdust from friends before the update, but then you need 40 more for the super glue for Ivy's Hut, and 100 more to make the Tome. Honestly, I just bought a lot of dead trees and brought out the axe. I would usually get 1-2 glimmerdust per tree (sometimes 0 and rarely 3). I think it took just over a week to get all I needed, and meanwhile I was stocking up on plenty of wood, mushrooms, and exp. I know it's a bit slow for some, but then, kingdoms aren't built in day... :)

I don't get any glimmer dust from trees. What trees drop glimmer dust? :confused:

maguar
11-08-12, 04:42 AM
I don't get any glimmer dust from trees. What trees drop glimmer dust? :confused:

Dead trees usually drop at least one. Old log can some times drop one.

queentina3
11-08-12, 04:52 AM
Dead trees usually drop at least one. Old log can some times drop one.

Ohhh, thanks! I'll have to purchase some of those when I get more cash then. :)

maguar
11-08-12, 04:59 AM
I can't play my game when I'm at work. I leave it at home and get someone to collect from mushrooms throughout the day. When I get home I have a nice little stockpile. If you're able to do this I strongly recommend it.

freshpickins
11-08-12, 05:35 AM
That's a good idea. Thanks maguar! I love your reference guides too :)

mlui65
11-08-12, 10:16 AM
The round mushroom patch gives u two glimmer dusts every so often

conniehsb
11-08-12, 10:28 AM
This has changed, I unlocked Ivys Hut and there is not an option anymore to request from neighbors. I have to find 40 Glimmber Dust. This is not easy!!!!!!!!!!!

sibl
11-08-12, 10:44 AM
Just plant mushroom paths. I normally get from 14 mushroom patches 5-6 glimmer dust. Good luck.

queentina3
11-08-12, 10:46 AM
Just plant mushroom paths. I normally get from 14 mushroom patches 5-6 glimmer dust. Good luck.

The problem is that if you're maxxed on mushrooms you no longer get glimmer dust to drop, at least that is what I have found. I can't get rid of the mushrooms either as I'm too low a level to use them and no goal to off load them. :(

maguar
11-08-12, 10:50 AM
The problem is that if you're maxxed on mushrooms you no longer get glimmer dust to drop, at least that is what I have found. I can't get rid of the mushrooms either as I'm too low a level to use them and no goal to off load them. :(

I can confirm that even when I'm maxed with mushrooms I still get occasional glimmer dust drops.

midnightmeerkat
11-08-12, 11:03 AM

They still drop glimmer dust at times, and will also drop 15 coins in place of the mushrooms

queentina3
11-08-12, 11:33 AM
Harumph! Mine don't drop glimmer, just the extra coins. I guess I could use the coins though. :(

freshpickins
11-09-12, 11:00 AM
It's true, they still drop glimmer dust after I maxed out on mushrooms. I am cooking some pasta for the adventures and it does use up some mushrooms, although not fast enough.

queentina3
11-09-12, 11:03 AM
It's true, they still drop glimmer dust after I maxed out on mushrooms. I am cooking some pasta for the adventures and it does use up some mushrooms, although not fast enough.

I actually had 2, yes 2, drop for me this morning. I was soooo excited. LOL!!!!

midnightmeerkat
11-09-12, 12:24 PM
I actually had 2, yes 2, drop for me this morning. I was soooo excited. LOL!!!!

I would recommend the red mushroom circles as when they do drop glimmers it is 2

freshpickins
11-09-12, 01:30 PM
Yay! By the way is Ivy's hut that useful or should I go ahead and build other buildings with my glimmer dust?

maguar
11-09-12, 03:57 PM
Yay! By the way is Ivy's hut that useful or should I go ahead and build other buildings with my glimmer dust?

When you collect you get a random assortment of items. This can include glimmer dust, living wood, bones, fur, rat tails, creep teeth, any colored petal, mushrooms, hot peppers.

In addition to these, once you collect from her hut for the first time you can get the quest to unlock the magic garden. When you unlock it, it can drop glimmer dust, glimmer bulbs, faerie in a jar, mysterious venom.

I'd say it's worth unlocking her hut.

Dragon_cdk
11-10-12, 06:05 AM
Just another confirmation that you can still get glimmerdust even when maxed out on mushrooms. When I'm not using all my energy to get 120 of something for the merchants, I'll harvest my little mushroom patch and get roughly 1 glimmerdust per 6-8 tries.

Now, I just need to stockpile coal for the bazillion earth wisps you need for expansions and lumen essence. Yes, I'm finally on to the Dark Cave quest. !!

freshpickins
11-10-12, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the tripe reassurance. I got it a coupe of times myself :). Have you guys noticed that the gem costs for skipping construction went up? yesterday, it was 20 gems per super glue and 15 gems per glimmer dust for Ivy's hut, and bammmm today it went up to 40 and 35 gems each. I think I have to learn to chill out and slow down my CS game play.

snowyhillz
11-10-12, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the tripe reassurance. I got it a coupe of times myself :). Have you guys noticed that the gem costs for skipping construction went up? yesterday, it was 20 gems per super glue and 15 gems per glimmer dust for Ivy's hut, and bammmm today it went up to 40 and 35 gems each. I think I have to learn to chill out and slow down my CS game play.

Yes, chilling Is a good idea - I am currently playing zoo story 2 as well - got 30 gems for installing and 15 for level 6. Now going for the level 10 gems.

If you go to fast you will run out of quests.....

freshpickins
11-10-12, 12:51 PM
Will chill. Got gems from zoo story too, but will not get hooked on another game!!!!

snowyhillz
11-10-12, 01:05 PM
Will chill. Got gems from zoo story too, but will not get hooked on another game!!!!

this is my fav TL game ....... My first TL game was dragon story but I lost interest in it

freshpickins
11-10-12, 01:44 PM
I'm still hooked on restaurant story. CS requires some decision making, which is great. Kudos to team lava CS!

conniehsb
11-11-12, 09:37 AM
wow!!! sent an invite so I could have a peek. I guess I better head to market and get some more mushrooms!!

I have 24 different types of mushrooms ; patches , circles etc. and if I can get one glimmer dust in 3 days I'm lucky. Any ideas?????W

queentina3
11-11-12, 09:41 AM
I have 24 different types of mushrooms ; patches , circles etc. and if I can get one glimmer dust in 3 days I'm lucky. Any ideas?????W

I know I don't have any ideas. I finally got enough to get through Ivy's Hut and build it completely, and now I'm stuck with needed over 100 of them to make the Magic Ink for the Translator Tome. *cries*

laVirtualCloset
11-11-12, 11:17 AM

I wonder if having so many works against you. I finally purchased 7 red mushroom circles and continuous tend thos throughout the day. Some days I barely get 2 drops all day. But most days I get at least one drop every time. Considering the red circles give two glimmer dust per drop that's not bad. It's still a far cry from what u need if that's the only way ur getting glimmerdust but it is a little better than the drop rate ur currently getting.

laVirtualCloset
11-11-12, 11:18 AM
That should be "continuously tend those"

queentina3
11-11-12, 11:40 AM
Actually, I need 300 Glimmer Dust to get by the 2 goals I have right now. That isn't going to happen without either using gems or waiting more than a month with the rate Glimmer Dust gets sent as a gift or drops right now.

This is crazy, we need to be able to gift more than 3 neighbors in order to expect to get gifts back, or at least allow us to REQUEST Glimmer Dust again.

I'm not reading this wrong am I?

Translator Tome needs 10 Magic Pages. 1 Magic Page needs 2 Magic Ink. 1 Magic Ink needs 10 Glimmer Dust. So for just the Translator Tome we'd need 200 Glimmer Dust.

My other goal is Magic Ink & Pages. This requires 10 Magic Ink which means another 100 Glimmer Dust.

I'm not crazy right, that is the correct amounts? *whimpers*

sweetstuff525
11-11-12, 11:44 AM
Wow I'm not there yet but I now see glimmer dust is what we most need I thought I needs more wisps

queentina3
11-11-12, 11:51 AM
Wow I'm not there yet but I now see glimmer dust is what we most need I thought I needs more wisps

Those that haven't passed building Ivy's Hut need another 80 for that as well. 40 Glimmer Dust + 8 Super Glue which requires 5 Glimmer Dust each (40).

maguar
11-11-12, 12:19 PM
Actually, I need 300 Glimmer Dust to get by the 2 goals I have right now. That isn't going to happen without either using gems or waiting more than a month with the rate Glimmer Dust gets sent as a gift or drops right now.

This is crazy, we need to be able to gift more than 3 neighbors in order to expect to get gifts back, or at least allow us to REQUEST Glimmer Dust again.

I'm not reading this wrong am I?

Translator Tome needs 10 Magic Pages. 1 Magic Page needs 2 Magic Ink. 1 Magic Ink needs 10 Glimmer Dust. So for just the Translator Tome we'd need 200 Glimmer Dust.

My other goal is Magic Ink & Pages. This requires 10 Magic Ink which means another 100 Glimmer Dust.

I'm not crazy right, that is the correct amounts? *whimpers*

Magic ink & pages is the quest you do as part of the translator tome. You're not making them in addition. Also can you please confirm that it is 2 magic inks per magic page as I'm pretty certain it's only 1. So it's possible you only need 100.

queentina3
11-11-12, 12:45 PM
Magic ink & pages is the quest you do as part of the translator tome. You're not making them in addition. Also can you please confirm that it is 2 magic inks per magic page as I'm pretty certain it's only 1. So it's possible you only need 100.

I have 3 goals right now.

A Translator's Tome = Create the Tome
Magic Ink & Pages = Brew 10 Magic Ink & Make 10 Fine Parchment
Builder's Caravan - disregard for this post

Is what you're saying is that once I hit "Brew" on the Magic Ink & Pages goal those 10 Magic Ink can still be used to make the Magic Pages? I could have sworn someone posted somewhere that once you put it to use in one area it can't be used in the other as well.

I took from your spreadsheet that the Magic Pages needs 2 Magic Ink, as I don't even have Magic Pages listed in my Workshop yet. I was trying to plan for what I needed so I looked at your guide for the items to match up.

Item/ Type/ Level/ Time/ Materials/ Used For/ Notes
Magic Page/ Special/ ?/ 04:00:00/ "1 Fine Parchment 2 Magic Ink"/ Translator's Tome/ Goal
Translator's Tome/ Special/ ?/ 04:00:00/ "2 Iron Binding 10 Magic Page 1 Leather Cover"/ Tablet of Tabernum

moda999
11-11-12, 12:57 PM
Pretty sure it's one ink to one parchment = magic page not 2 ink (spreadsheet says 1 of each).
Not helpful I know as still too many glimmer dust!

maguar
11-11-12, 01:00 PM
I have 3 goals right now.

A Translator's Tome = Create the Tome
Magic Ink & Pages = Brew 10 Magic Ink & Make 10 Fine Parchment
Builder's Caravan - disregard for this post

Is what you're saying is that once I hit "Brew" on the Magic Ink & Pages goal those 10 Magic Ink can still be used to make the Magic Pages? I could have sworn someone posted somewhere that once you put it to use in one area it can't be used in the other as well.

I took from your spreadsheet that the Magic Pages needs 2 Magic Ink, as I don't even have Magic Pages listed in my Workshop yet. I was trying to plan for what I needed so I looked at your guide for the items to match up.

Item/ Type/ Level/ Time/ Materials/ Used For/ Notes
Magic Page/ Special/ ?/ 04:00:00/ "1 Fine Parchment 2 Magic Ink"/ Translator's Tome/ Goal
Translator's Tome/ Special/ ?/ 04:00:00/ "2 Iron Binding 10 Magic Page 1 Leather Cover"/ Tablet of Tabernum

Make ink and pages is creating the ingredients needed to make the magic pages for the tome. The spreadsheet was wrong (downside of allowing anyone to edit it). I've corrected it now. Time for magic pages may be wrong - I think (but can't find my post) that the quest description says it's about 4 hours but it might really be 5.

Essentially it all boils down to you only needing 100 for these goals.

maguar
11-11-12, 01:01 PM
Pretty sure it's one ink to one parchment = magic page not 2 ink (spreadsheet says 1 of each).
Not helpful I know as still too many glimmer dust!

I'd just edited it before you posted

queentina3
11-11-12, 01:03 PM
Make ink and pages is creating the ingredients needed to make the magic pages for the tome. The spreadsheet was wrong (downside of allowing anyone to edit it). I've corrected it now. Time for magic pages may be wrong - I think (but can't find my post) that the quest description says it's about 4 hours but it might really be 5.

Essentially it all boils down to you only needing 100 for these goals.

Ohhh, thanks so much maguar! Now it may only take me 2 weeks instead of 4! tee hee

As you can see, I live by your guide for this game, it has really helped me A LOT, so thanks for creating it! :)

maguar
11-11-12, 01:15 PM
Ohhh, thanks so much maguar! Now it may only take me 2 weeks instead of 4! tee hee

As you can see, I live by your guide for this game, it has really helped me A LOT, so thanks for creating it! :)

All good :)

My main tips for glimmerdust (1) if someone can look after your game while you're at work/school get them to collect from mushrooms. (2) if you have to get up in the middle of the night to get a drink or pee, collect from your mushrooms.

kooky panda
11-11-12, 01:18 PM

My main tips for glimmerdust (1) if someone can look after your game while you're at work/school get them to collect from mushrooms. (2) if you have to get up in the middle of the night to get a drink or pee, collect from your mushrooms.

Now this is dedication!!!!
(I do the night thing.. haha)

queentina3
11-11-12, 01:21 PM

ROFL!!!! I'm a stay-at-home mom so (1) isn't an issue. I only get about 4-5 hours of sleep a night, so (2) isn't much of a problem either, but you made me LOL with what you posted. I think my poor neighbors aren't going to like me much this next week as most of the energy is going towards mushroom collection instead of tower/houses collection so they'll have nothing to "sparkle" in my kingdom. :p

maguar
11-11-12, 01:36 PM
Now this is dedication!!!!
(I do the night thing.. haha)

I've been tempted to start a thread for true castle story addicts where we can share the crazy things we do. What do you think?

I think my poor neighbors aren't going to like me much this next week as most of the energy is going towards mushroom collection instead of tower/houses collection so they'll have nothing to "sparkle" in my kingdom. :p

Most get in the same boat at different stages so they should understand. I know some of my neighbours will post that so people are aware of what's going on. (if I'm not teaching you to suck eggs)

moda999
11-11-12, 02:46 PM
I've nearly been caught a couple of times at work putting another wisp on to "cook"!

maguar
11-11-12, 02:54 PM
I've nearly been caught a couple of times at work putting another wisp on to "cook"!

Feel free to post in my new castle story anonymous thread :)

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39633-Castle-Story-Anonymous

babman
11-12-12, 05:27 AM
My citizens demand booze and i need gold to expand my kingdom. Ivy need a job. Ive talked with the bar manager and he will install a pole for Ivy to work aound. Its a win/win for all parties in my kingdom. I do not have the strengh in me farming the 80 + 100 glimmering dust needed and will instead focus of whatever else this games has to give. Hopefully teamlava will understand this and change back whatever they ucked up. If not, well at least Ivy has a job now...
For all u ppl that had the opportunity to get them with the help of the request btn i can only say concrats (:

queentina3
11-12-12, 05:45 AM
LOL babman! I needed that laugh this AM. Ivy working as a barmaid is hysterical! :)

kitthecat
11-12-12, 05:50 AM
Im new to this topic, as my glimmer dust pain just started with ivy hut.

If I wasn't mistaken, is it true that some ppl can actually request of de dust?! Now, when did that happen? Check my app store, there is NO update. Can someone fill me in on this "bug"?

queentina3
11-12-12, 05:51 AM
Im new to this topic, as my glimmer dust pain just started with ivy hut.

If I wasn't mistaken, is it true that some ppl can actually request of de dust?! Now, when did that happen? Check my app store, there is NO update. Can someone fill me in on this "bug"?

It wasn't a bug. When the game first started people could request it, but then they updated the game and removed that option, so now we have to go the long route in order to get it.

kitthecat
11-12-12, 06:40 AM
It wasn't a bug. When the game first started people could request it, but then they updated the game and removed that option, so now we have to go the long route in order to get it.

Omg! Now, this is depressing. Well, this s just soooo TL style.

nto705
11-12-12, 06:42 AM
I just try the dead tree. 5 actions & 800 dollars --------------just 2 glimmerdust. When can I have 80 glimmers for Ivy's hut and 100 for the magic ink????? Tell me " WHEN " !!!!!!!! I'm so upset.

patisu
11-12-12, 06:52 AM
Do you mean to say that we cannot request glimmerdust??? WHY?????? :(

benbever
11-12-12, 08:27 AM
I just need 10 more for Ivy's hut. Luckily I started saving them early in the game.
I chopped 5 dead trees and got 2 dust out of 2 trees and 0 out of 3 trees, so that's 4 dust out of 25 energy.
It's about the same as the mushroom circles, but it costs a bit of gold and you get wood.

jrwheoki
11-12-12, 09:23 AM
Sure this has been mentioned earleir but RED MUSHROM CIRCLES (cost 1100 coins) drop 2 glimmerdust as a rare item - I have 12 of them and will average 6-8 dust every time I harvest them.

Does anyone know which rock formation drops GEMS most often? ..... really need those for BroadSwords and Royal Block/Beam

cedmom
11-12-12, 10:23 AM

I don't get this. I am building Ivy's Hut but under glimmerdust it says "various" and not "ask friends". What am I doing wrong?

queentina3
11-12-12, 11:18 AM
I don't get this. I am building Ivy's Hut but under glimmerdust it says "various" and not "ask friends". What am I doing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong, we can no longer request Glimmer Dust. The post you quoted was before TL made that change.

ZoesDreamland
11-12-12, 12:45 PM
But you be able to choose glimmerdust if you send someone a gift.
Just ask your neighbours to send you some.

Pls my neighbours send some to me, my storm8-id is ZoesDreamland, i need it for Ivys hut too. :)

mayanne333
11-12-12, 01:32 PM
I have done the Ivy's hut but I can't request materials from my neighbours, did you do something special for it?
thanks

mareewat
11-13-12, 06:40 AM
This glimmer dust issue is a nightmare. I am on the updated version so can't request. Used heaps making super glue (sad face) now going nuts trying to find more. It is putting me off the game. Seriously thinking of quitting.. Sigh

benbever
11-13-12, 08:58 AM
You can get glimmer dust from mushroom circles. They have about 20% chance to give one glimmer dust alongside the mushroom. The red mushroom circle isn't better than the normal one, but it's reset timer is shorter. To get 40 glimmer dust this way takes about 200 energy clicks. That's doable.
You can also chop down dead trees, and get some wood too. In my game dead trees give either 2 or 0 glimmer dust, so in the end that's also 20% chance per energy click.

ZoesDreamland
11-13-12, 11:21 AM
I think fastest way is to ask neighbours that they send glimmerdust as gift. Since yesterday i got some from neighbours as gift and send bymyself since 2-3 days glimmerdust as gift every day to every neighbour.

Just for info:
Mushrooms didnt work by me, only dead wood gives nearly everytime means: 1 deadwood <-> 1 glimmerdust

@mayanne333
Sent you glimmerdust :)

wis0409
11-13-12, 09:32 PM
Anyone else notice that glimmer dust is much more abundant now?

Mylly2
11-13-12, 10:46 PM
I was collecting today and I thought I saw 'you can't hold any more glimmer dust' up in the top right corner, but I'm not sure. I have no glimmer dust in my inventory, so it didn't make sense. I've been trying to collect from my mushroom rings since and haven't got any glimmer dust yet, to see if that's what it really said. Might explain why my supply has been going down.

Mylly2
11-13-12, 10:55 PM
Phew, I got some, I had misread, hopefully, the words in the corner. I suppose I'm going through the glimmer dust faster than I can build up a supply.

maguar
11-13-12, 11:03 PM
Phew, I got some, I had misread, hopefully, the words in the corner. I suppose I'm going through the glimmer dust faster than I can build up a supply.

It was most likely you can't hold anymore mushrooms

Mylly2
11-13-12, 11:57 PM
I think you're right maguar. I was collecting from buildings at the time and not mushrooms, I think that's why it caught my eye.

pun8
11-14-12, 03:10 AM

I can't . It just says from various. I haven't been able to build the hut because of that as I needed so much for the super glue as well. And now I need 40 more for the tome! How ever can I get 80 glimmer dust as it is only available in every 4-5 mushrooms not every patch. Keep harvesting only mushrooms nowadays in a bid to get the dust but keep getting mainly mushrooms which I can't harvest any more!

maguar
11-14-12, 03:17 AM

Can a mod please add to this post and put that since version 1.1.1 this feature is no longer available? Thanks

queentina3
11-14-12, 05:09 AM
I can't . It just says from various. I haven't been able to build the hut because of that as I needed so much for the super glue as well. And now I need 40 more for the tome! How ever can I get 80 glimmer dust as it is only available in every 4-5 mushrooms not every patch. Keep harvesting only mushrooms nowadays in a bid to get the dust but keep getting mainly mushrooms which I can't harvest any more!

It didn't happen overnight, but I finally was able to get the required amount to do Ivy's Hut and the Magic Ink by posting on my Wall asking my neighbors to gift me Glimmer Dust as well as using most of my energy to just concentrate on the Red Mushroom Circles (6 of them). I can usually get 4 Glimmer Dust when I harvest all 6 at once (2 Glimmer dust drops from 2 circles). Maybe you want to purchase some of those and concentrate on harvesting them for a few days and see if you can get the required amount.

greygull
11-14-12, 09:31 AM
Can a mod please add to this post and put that since version 1.1.1 this feature is no longer available? Thanks

Done :)

mel358
11-14-12, 09:47 AM
How do you request glimmerdust from neighbors? Trying to build Ivy's hut but cannot accumulate glimmer dust fast enough. It's been a week. I need 80 to build her hut between needing 40 by themselves and 40 for the glue!

wis0409
11-14-12, 10:59 AM
How do you request glimmerdust from neighbors? Trying to build Ivy's hut but cannot accumulate glimmer dust fast enough. It's been a week. I need 80 to build her hut between needing 40 by themselves and 40 for the glue!

There's the answer. The post right above yours.

zombiefun
11-14-12, 12:57 PM
Hi guys, I haven't expanded to the tablet yet but my glimmer dust storage almost full. So, is there any way I can wisely invest it in magic ink or it will appear only when I expand to the tablet? If so, what would you suggest to make: some super glue or that enchanted essence or smthg? I am lvl 15 now. Ivy's hut already up and running.

maguar
11-14-12, 01:49 PM
Hi guys, I haven't expanded to the tablet yet but my glimmer dust storage almost full. So, is there any way I can wisely invest it in magic ink or it will appear only when I expand to the tablet? If so, what would you suggest to make: some super glue or that enchanted essence or smthg? I am lvl 15 now. Ivy's hut already up and running.

The magic ink will only appear when you have the magic ink and pages quest.

I'd craft one of each of those potions. Then wait until you're maxed before crafting more. You want to keep your levels high so the tablet will be easier.

maguar
11-14-12, 01:50 PM

Thanks so much

zombiefun
11-14-12, 09:56 PM
Btw, last two days glimmer dust drop becaming more rare (from red circles). :(

thatgirl444
11-14-12, 10:36 PM
I was just going to say....i have 14 mushroom circles and i would usually get at least 3 -6 glimmer dusts when harvesting all 14.
The last couple of days im lucky if i get 1....today i did all 14 and NOT 1 glimmer dust fell out.....I think TL is trying to slow down the game again.

wis0409
11-15-12, 01:29 AM
Btw, last two days glimmer dust drop becaming more rare (from red circles). :(

My reds have been dropping like crazy the last two days. 1 out of 5 taps is dropping 2 glimmer dusts. Whereas it was 1/10 the few days before. Maybe I'm just riding a lucky wave?

benbever
11-15-12, 01:34 AM
I'm also getting a lot of +2 glimmer dust from red mushroom circles.. about 20% of the time.
I never have a shortage of glimmer dust, because I use all my left over clicks on mushroom circles.

midnightmeerkat
11-15-12, 03:13 AM
I'm also getting a lot of +2 glimmer dust from red mushroom circles.. about 20% of the time.
I never have a shortage of glimmer dust, because I use all my left over clicks on mushroom circles.

Me too ..... I have 6 of the red circles. On a lucky pass from 6 energy I will get 8 dusts. Very unlucky pass none but normally will get 2-4 dust from the 6 circles

zombiefun
11-15-12, 03:20 AM
Hmmm, I had that luck before but last two days it changed for me. Gotta buy some rabbit's foot or smthg. ;)

Flowerdogs
11-15-12, 07:23 PM
I would appreciate anyone who will gift Glimmerdust to me. I will gift back with the same.
Thanks
Kingdom Name is Canine Castle
Storm8 Id is FlowerDogs

wis0409
11-16-12, 12:31 AM
I would appreciate anyone who will gift Glimmerdust to me. I will gift back with the same.
Thanks
Kingdom Name is Canine Castle
Storm8 Id is FlowerDogs

We're neighbors. I'll gift you glimmer dust every day as one of my 3 gifts if you send jewels as they don't show up for me ever really and glimmer dust is at 99 and I get them about 4 times out of my 10 red mushroom patches, each at 2x...

AkumaNeko
11-16-12, 01:17 AM
Drops are getting so bad for me :/

zombiefun
11-16-12, 03:22 AM
Drops are getting so bad for me :/ Same here. Try dead trees, I've got 4 out of 3 trees. I need 7 more to finish that tablet and after that I will have vacation from glimmer dust.

Tezzcan
11-16-12, 03:35 AM
I've have tapped 16 red mushrooms, my sparkle mine and 2 dead trees this morning and I got just 2 lots of glimmerdust, very frustrating as it's taken me ages to finish Ivys cottage and at this rate it's going to take me forever to get the magic ink.

Rockinkitten
11-16-12, 03:38 AM
I have 5 red mushroom rings. When I collect all 5, I get between 2-6 glimmer dusts.

When you stop needing them badly, they'll start piling up fast!

zombiefun
11-16-12, 04:08 AM
TL reading forum really carefully, every time somebody mentioning good way to find glimmer dust necessary steps were being taken. ;)

zombiefun
11-16-12, 04:09 AM
Tezzcan, sparkle mine does not give dust, IMHO.

yupiyupigumgum
11-16-12, 04:15 AM
TL reading forum really carefully, every time somebody mentioning good way to find glimmer dust necessary steps were being taken. ;)

Yeah, I feel that too. So, if you have glitch that give you advantage like your energy suddenly rise to 60 just shut up and enjoy, no need to share it here.

zombiefun
11-16-12, 05:18 AM
When you stop needing them badly, they'll start piling up fast! Now I can see that. I collected from circles only 2 for last two days, but today when I've got enough from and trees I am already have spare 13 from red mushrooms. Those mushrooms are naughty. ;)

wis0409
11-16-12, 08:06 AM
I've gone in to doomsday preppers mode and now have 99 gd, 99 beams/blocks/wood/stone/ore/coal and working on all the crops and jewels but ****, carrots....

MissChaLk
11-16-12, 08:14 AM
FYI, im lvl 10 and I've been receiving Glimmerdust with Mushrooms Patches & Circles since I was an even lower lvl, keep on trying :) I find odd though that I get Mushrooms from the Pig !! 😳😂

ktappe
11-16-12, 09:48 AM
Yes, mushrooms are definitely the way to go with glimmerdust. The only "problem" is that I now get constant "you cannot hold any more mushrooms" messages. We need the market to sell more mushrooms! ;-)

MissChaLk
11-16-12, 09:59 AM
I have this message too.. I just got the Market, but noticed that I can't do any 'transactions' with it.. It's like it's just an other Building 😓.. Hope it will change and I'll be able to Actually Sell stuff!!!?

ktappe
11-16-12, 10:02 AM
I have this message too.. I just got the Market, but noticed that I can't do any 'transactions' with it.. It's like it's just an other Building 😓.. Hope it will change and I'll be able to Actually Sell stuff!!!?

You'll get challenges where the market will "demand" certain items. Previously I've been asked for 75 eggs & the like. Right now my market wants 125 sugar cane, which was handy since I was maxxed out on the stuff and only need to grow 26 more to meet the request. But a few days ago they wanted me to fork over 100 coal. I was like "No way!" and let that challenge lapse unfulfilled. They weren't going to interrupt my wisp lamp production!!

midnightmeerkat
11-16-12, 11:36 AM
Yes, mushrooms are definitely the way to go with glimmerdust. The only "problem" is that I now get constant "you cannot hold any more mushrooms" messages. We need the market to sell more mushrooms! ;-)

When you have reached 99 of something and then collect you get an extra 15 coins

zombiefun
11-16-12, 01:21 PM
Another one bites the dust. (c) ;)

After tablet translation and ivy's hut, do we need glimmer dust in large quantities or usual ocasional for super glue and potions? Because I want to take a break from that rat race for dust and keep only one mushroom on the field.

maguar
11-16-12, 02:26 PM
Another one bites the dust. (c) ;)

After tablet translation and ivy's hut, do we need glimmer dust in large quantities or usual ocasional for super glue and potions? Because I want to take a break from that rat race for dust and keep only one mushroom on the field.

Haven't come across anything major. I'm still doing a bit of a stockpile of super glue and enchanters essence in preparation for the update.

scottyhaha
11-16-12, 08:40 PM
The best way to get glimmer dust is to buy red mushroom circle. It is 1100 coins but the red mushroom will gives 2 glimmer dusts when it drops. It can save you energy...

aimeeq
11-16-12, 10:09 PM
You need 8 super glue for observatory if you haven't already built it

kopitownhk
11-17-12, 01:06 AM
We're neighbors. I'll gift you glimmer dust every day as one of my 3 gifts if you send jewels as they don't show up for me ever really and glimmer dust is at 99 and I get them about 4 times out of my 10 red mushroom patches, each at 2x...

you can get jewels from tapping on Iron Rich Rock - it costs 5200 coins but worth it for the relative abundance of jewels

(my ID: kopitownhk)

mystoryzoozoo
11-17-12, 09:20 AM
I am finding I can collect a small rate of glimmer dust from mushrooms ONLY when I'm low on mushrooms but when I have 99 mushrooms in inventory I don't get ANY glimmer dust from them. I have just done the goal to provide mushrooms to market and now back up to 99 in the inventory. Do I have to find a way to use up mushrooms?

nixandrc
11-17-12, 09:52 AM
add me to the lists of those wanting glimmerdusts for my tome lol

jenderfleur
11-17-12, 09:59 AM
I also have had quite a bit of luck with mushroom patches and cirlces.

zombiefun
11-17-12, 02:25 PM
Mystoryzoozoo, you can cook some pasta with mushrooms.

Dreamer691
11-17-12, 06:31 PM
I've got a weird question: when you get to level 20 you can start to plant glimmerbulbs. Do they by chance give you glimmerdust??

greygull
11-17-12, 07:00 PM
I've got a weird question: when you get to level 20 you can start to plant glimmerbulbs. Do they by chance give you glimmerdust??

I haven't seen it. I think the only one that's dropped something other then it's own item is the glimmer bulbs - I think the fairie jars? It's been a while since I planted them, so don't recall exactly now.

maguar
11-17-12, 08:06 PM
I haven't seen it. I think the only one that's dropped something other then it's own item is the glimmer bulbs - I think the fairie jars? It's been a while since I planted them, so don't recall exactly now.

They only give glimmer bulbs and faerie in a jar

jociphine
11-17-12, 10:07 PM
Not sure if its just RNG but I've been noticing that I get more glimmer dust from the mushroom patches in the evenings then during the day. Anyone able to confirm the higher drop rate at night or at least notice the same?

flowless
11-17-12, 10:22 PM
My glimmer dust drop is so bad in the last two days
I think TL is reading this topic
And decided that the game wasnt slow enough

freshpickins
11-17-12, 10:37 PM
My glimmer dust drop is so bad in the last two days
I think TL is reading this topic
And decided that the game wasnt slow enough
Yup, used to be about 20% now it feels like 10%.

ninjaAhug
11-18-12, 12:29 AM
Yeah I've noticed a massive decrease in the glimmer dust, it more started around the time I started funnily enough around starting Ivy's house. Now I will be lucky to get 1 glimmer dust a day :( it's so fustrating lol o.o already having enough trouble with the god dam energy decrease and not paying your stupid prices either :/

QueenJen
11-18-12, 09:26 AM
Even if you have 99 mushroom in your inventory U can still get Glimmerdust from mushroom circles  However the dust only drops approx every other collect it has still been my best bet for the dust 

zombiefun
11-18-12, 12:33 PM
As long as I don't need glimmer dust it starts stockpiling fast. I've got like 40 since yesterday. Go figure.

midnightmeerkat
11-18-12, 12:44 PM
As long as I don't need glimmer dust it starts stockpiling fast. I've got like 40 since yesterday. Go figure.

Murphy's law.....

The_Sicilian
11-18-12, 01:47 PM

I have seven mushroom patches and circles, I just cleared them all three times and not one glimmer dust was dropped.

QueenJen
11-18-12, 02:06 PM
I have seven mushroom patches and circles, I just cleared them all three times and not one glimmer dust was dropped.

You need to tend them not clear them to get the dust  Good Luck

AkumaNeko
11-18-12, 02:11 PM

I know exactly how you feel cause I'm in the same boat :/

AkumaNeko
11-18-12, 03:01 PM
Omg. 4 rounds of 6 and zero glimmer dust dropped. I just need 10 more for last ink :/ this blows

CyberJay11
11-18-12, 07:35 PM
I have at least 14 mushrooms and circles. I get glimmer dust every time I tend them, from at least one plant often 2 or3. If you watch, sometimes you get 2 in the same plant.

cast1532
11-18-12, 07:59 PM

I heard they lowered the probability of getting glimmer dust.

yupiyupigumgum
11-19-12, 04:07 AM
I've got 3 glimmerdust from 15-20 mushrooms

ninjaAhug
11-19-12, 04:55 AM
I still need 36 more glimmer dust for Ivy's house, I also have another building in the process of being made soon another and now I'm reading there's more quests were its required....seriously....o.o how boring are they trying to make this game.

twofly4
11-19-12, 05:42 AM
FYI all, I just tried red mushroom circles & got 2 dusts out of two circles when tending a total of seven. Way better than what I'd been getting from my patches!

ninjaAhug
11-19-12, 06:07 AM
Thats we've been trying your just the lucky mofo that gets it XD

srobso
11-19-12, 06:55 AM
I was regularly getting 2-4 dusts when I tended my 6 red mushroom circles, then I built a second potion shop and the last 2 "rounds" of tending them left me with zilch. I wonder if there is a relationship? Or I am just reading waaaayyyy too much into it? (I may need to give this game a few days off......j/k).

sweetstuff525
11-19-12, 07:06 AM
okay i guess the minimize the glitter dust but now its impossible to get... i wasted 14 energy today so far and got 0 yes 0 glimmer dust when i usually get 4 each time so i would probably get 8 by now but ive gotten 0

cast1532
11-19-12, 08:40 AM
I have thirty Mushroom Patches and I only got 10 Glimmer Dusts. I will try again to see if I get the same number again.

angels1622
11-20-12, 04:43 AM
I am soooo bored waiting for the glimmerdust... Today I got no more than 3 gd...

angels1622
11-20-12, 04:45 AM
I have six red mushroom patches and only one of them drops GD.... Plus another five mushroom rings ... I need to build Ivy's house , make ink for the tome , make super glue .... Don't knw when that will happen....

syrenas
11-20-12, 05:51 PM
I just noticed that Red mushroom circle now only produced one glimmer dust

AkumaNeko
11-20-12, 06:39 PM
I just noticed that Red mushroom circle now only produced one glimmer dust

Second this. Wow this blows

sohocity
11-20-12, 07:37 PM
Seems like TL has also reduce the dropping rate for gd in the new update. I used to get 1 drop out of 6 but have got zero for 12 tries since the update.

midnightmeerkat
11-20-12, 07:54 PM
Seems like TL has also reduce the dropping rate for gd in the new update. I used to get 1 drop out of 6 but have got zero for 12 tries since the update.

Even before the update there were complaints about the drop rate...... I find that at times drop rate is ok and other times bad

nixandrc
11-20-12, 08:12 PM
red mushrooom circles now only drops 1 glimmerdust, good thing i just completed my 10 magic inks before the update, now need new ones to build the observatory :P

yupiyupigumgum
11-21-12, 01:08 AM
Here we are still discussing glimmer dust rare appearance while the update has given us yet another rare itemS. Why is this game full of 'need long time' and rare items? Wait.... I understand. castle thingy are supposed to be ancient and antique, right?

haydenting
11-21-12, 06:24 AM
Please add me and send glimmer dust. My ID: haydenting. I'll try to gift back whenever I can. Thank you!

Erutuf
11-21-12, 10:27 AM
Glimmer dust was easy to find prior to the update. I have four mushroom circles. Every time I tended them prior to the update I received glimmer dust. Since the update - NEVER.

arale_norimaki
11-21-12, 11:33 AM
It's a rare drop from mushroom patches, mushroom circles, red mushroom circles, tall grass, ferns, old logs and plant in log.

I just expanded and got two drops from two tall grass. Last time I cut several of them after an expansion, I got dust too. I tried buying them but didn't work at all (no dust drop). Has anyone else had similar results or was it just a coincidence?

taterflowers
11-21-12, 03:13 PM
How do I request glimmer dust from my friends with Ivy's hut? I can't find a button or anything. I have friends request it from me all the time.

Erutuf
11-21-12, 09:46 PM
BIG PROBLEM!! You need glimmer dust to craft super glue for Lily's house AND You need glimmer dust for Lily's house.

REALLY??

Why double whammy the user with gathering this rare resource twice?

shalaraq
11-21-12, 10:21 PM
I had no issue with dust drop rates pre-patch. It was rare, but not discouragingly so. Post patch, discouraging is putting it mildly. Of course, I am one of those folks who battled the RNG and always seems to lose.

arale_norimaki
11-22-12, 03:34 AM
Yeah!!! Finished Ivy's house :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I am sooooooo glad!!

Shall I still worry about glimmer dust?

ninjaAhug
11-22-12, 04:08 AM
Yes you'll need 100 just for another quest and then the constant construction you'll need them for that. So your gonna need a lot :(

arale_norimaki
11-22-12, 04:08 AM
Yes you'll need 100 just for another quest and then the constant construction you'll need them for that. So your gonna need a lot :(

Thanks for answering.
Back to my mushrooms, then :(