PDA

View Full Version : Glimmer dust

Pages : 1 [2]

Rockinkitten
11-22-12, 04:25 AM
BIG PROBLEM!! You need glimmer dust to craft super glue for Lily's house AND You need glimmer dust for Lily's house.

Who's Lily????

Erutuf
11-22-12, 05:28 AM
Oops! Ivy (not Lily). Must be glimmer dust depravation.

yupiyupigumgum
11-22-12, 06:48 AM
Thanks for answering.
Back to my mushrooms, then :(

Psstt! I think this one still works : You can write on your neighbors' wall that you need glimmerdust. Hopefully they'll send you fews.....and I hope TL doesn't suddenly remove them from the gift list.

Rockinkitten
11-22-12, 09:04 AM
Oops! Ivy (not Lily). Must be glimmer dust depravation.

Ooh! Got me all excited then haha!

julesh604
11-25-12, 08:16 AM
Every time I get about 4 Glimmer Dust towards Ivy's hut and then I attempt to craft other items that require Glimmer Dust, it takes away the Glimmer Dust that I've accumulated from Ivy's Hut. And, I'm not sure where to request Glimmer Dust from friends. I am able to gift it to friends, but not able to request it.

arale_norimaki
11-25-12, 10:14 AM
Every time I get about 4 Glimmer Dust towards Ivy's hut and then I attempt to craft other items that require Glimmer Dust, it takes away the Glimmer Dust that I've accumulated from Ivy's Hut. And, I'm not sure where to request Glimmer Dust from friends. I am able to gift it to friends, but not able to request it.

You can not request glimmerdust anymore. It used to be possible while building Ivy's hut but that feature was removed about a month ago

monstermash1
11-25-12, 05:09 PM
So I thought I had a problem so many people say you can request glimmer when you build her hut..... But I have never seen option plz let m know

bloorbz
11-25-12, 07:47 PM
wow!!! sent an invite so I could have a peek. I guess I better head to market and get some more mushrooms!!

I get it from the patches of red mushrooms.

dng1234
11-25-12, 07:57 PM
I placed a post on my wall with what I'm currently in need of so maybe they can gift me that instead of some random item. Glimmerdust and Earth wisps seem to be the two big ones to send if you're not sure.

czarynna
11-26-12, 06:57 AM
Did they nerf the drop for glimmerdust? I used to be able to get randomly 2 glimmerdust per red mushroom circles but lately there is now only a random chance to get 1 glimmerdust per red mushroom circle? The cheaper mushroom circle (400 gold) randomly gave that 1 glimmerdust per mushroom circle previously gives the random chance to have 1 glimmerdust per circle. If the mushroom circle and the red mushroom circle only give you the chance to get 1 glimmerdust per circle what is the benefit of getting the more expensive red mushroom circles?

MiniLaura
11-26-12, 07:23 AM
Did they nerf the drop for glimmerdust? I used to be able to get randomly 2 glimmerdust per red mushroom circles but lately there is now only a random chance to get 1 glimmerdust per red mushroom circle? The cheaper mushroom circle (400 gold) randomly gave that 1 glimmerdust per mushroom circle previously gives the random chance to have 1 glimmerdust per circle. If the mushroom circle and the red mushroom circle only give you the chance to get 1 glimmerdust per circle what is the benefit of getting the more expensive red mushroom circles?
I still occasionally get 2 glimmerdusts from the red mushroom circle, but I don't get it very often.

nixandrc
11-26-12, 08:10 AM
red mushroom circles still give out the best chance for glimmerdusts, it can either give you a random amount of 1 or 2 per tend, i have 8 red mushroom circles and on a lucky tend i get more than 4 plus a chance for the glimmer troll which drops the dusts as well but yes before it gives out 2 everytime you get to drop one so i think it's a nerf

julesh604
11-27-12, 05:00 PM
It's so hard to collect all 40 Glimmer Dusticles because other items are also using Glimmer Dust. I don't think I'll ever get Ivy's Hut :(

cityfan
11-27-12, 05:41 PM
Who's the glimmer troll, and where do I find him?

red mushroom circles still give out the best chance for glimmerdusts, it can either give you a random amount of 1 or 2 per tend, i have 8 red mushroom circles and on a lucky tend i get more than 4 plus a chance for the glimmer troll which drops the dusts as well but yes before it gives out 2 everytime you get to drop one so i think it's a nerf

xfphua
11-27-12, 06:29 PM
Who's the glimmer troll, and where do I find him?

glimmer troll is a new enemy to your kingdom, just like tiger, you must forge enchanted blade to fight him during collecting gold. The quest come from rescue knight, looking for his shoes, but you must first explore your kingdom to his place, you can find him south of your map.

yupiyupigumgum
11-27-12, 06:44 PM
It's so hard to collect all 40 Glimmer Dusticles because other items are also using Glimmer Dust. I don't think I'll ever get Ivy's Hut :(

Of course you will, it will take time but YOU'LL MAKE IT . Unless you quit......Been there myself :)

hopesdragons
11-27-12, 06:50 PM
Here's something I'd never thought I'd see...

"You can't hold more Glimmerdust"

*thunk*

That's what happens when you start hoarding.

AkumaNeko
11-27-12, 07:02 PM
Here's something I'd never thought I'd see...

"You can't hold more Glimmerdust"

*thunk*

That's what happens when you start hoarding.

Lol start crafting? :)

aimeeq
11-27-12, 07:07 PM
Lol start crafting? :)

Funny how quick it happens when you get past Ivy's Hut! LOL

filipian
11-28-12, 07:15 AM
I am always struggling with wood sap, glimmer dust for me is eAsy I even hAve 43 in my storage but having hard time building because of always needing a sap can't even make a royal beam nor stone i guess it's different for everybody especially the super glue so I'm stuck for weeks before even Completing a goal

qidichen
11-30-12, 02:09 AM
Pls anyone can gift me glimmerdust daily? I will gift back the same. Storm8 ID: qidichen.
Thanks a million!

arale_norimaki
11-30-12, 02:29 AM
Everyone keeps saying "glimmerdust, once you are done with Ivy's hut you don't really need it anymore".
So once I finished Ivy's hut and went for the tablet I was shocked to see I needed even more glimmerdust to finish that goal.
Indeed, so far I have needed it for lots of things and even if I manage to have what I need it is only because getting GD still is one of my main tasks :(

Superglue is used a lot, alone or to craft builders paste. One bottle requires 4 GD.
Enchanter's essence needs 5 GD. One essence is required for one enchanted beam or block and to brew a potion of clarity.
Builders paste requires 3 superglues, so 12 glimmerdusts.

I have been reading the forum and searched through maguar's amazing guide (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Agn56FhMH3MFdHhUQUZRaWFoZ21zY29kbDhnRmpSUE E&f=true&noheader=true&gid=4) and so far I know of the following buildings or goals requiring you to use glimmerdust:

Ivy's hut: 40 GD + 8 superglue = 72 GD
Stable: 3 superglue = 12 GD
Tavern: 5 superglue = 20 GD
Magic forge: 4 superglue = 16 GD
Tablet: 10 magic inks, each 10 GD = 100 GD
Conservatory: 4 superglue = 16 GD
Observatory: 8 superglue = 32 GD
Magic garden: 2 potions of clarity = 10 GD
Windmill: 3 builders paste = 36 GD
Theater: 3 builders paste, 3 enchanted beams, 3 enchanted blocks = 76 GD
Cathedral: 5 enchanted beams, 5 enchanted blocks = 50 GD
Thurston's fort: 3 builders paste = 36 GD

That makes a total of 476 glimmerdust, 402 without Ivy's hut, so be ready :)

That said, once you are done with the magical garden and Thurston goals and built the cathedral (unlocks at level 22), you can forget about glimmerdust. Until the next update at least :)

I hope this information is useful to someone.

maguar
11-30-12, 02:58 AM
Everyone keeps saying "glimmerdust, once you are done with Ivy's hut you don't really need it anymore".
So once I finished Ivy's hut and went for the tablet I was shocked to see I needed even more glimmerdust to finish that goal.
Indeed, so far I have needed it for lots of things and even if I manage to have what I need it is only because getting GD still is one of my main tasks :(

I think part of the thing with everyone saying "once you've done Ivy's Hut it's not such an issue" is that some of these quests etc came out pretty late in the game. A lot of the high level players already had most of their buildings done and expanded to the tablet before they got Ivy's Hut. So for them it was true Glimmerdust wasn't such an issue past Ivy's.

Your summary on Glimmerdust amounts is really handy. I think it will help people what what they want to do.

arale_norimaki
11-30-12, 03:29 AM
I think part of the thing with everyone saying "once you've done Ivy's Hut it's not such an issue" is that some of these quests etc came out pretty late in the game. A lot of the high level players already had most of their buildings done and expanded to the tablet before they got Ivy's Hut. So for them it was true Glimmerdust wasn't such an issue past Ivy's.

Thanks maguar, now it makes sense! You should be named Guardian of the forum or something like that, you are always there answering to everyone :)

maguar
11-30-12, 03:43 AM
Thanks maguar, now it makes sense! You should be named Guardian of the forum or something like that, you are always there answering to everyone :)

Thanks. I love this game. I want people to be able to love it as much as I do so if I can see something that helps I'm more than willing to do it.

tiggerhobbes
11-30-12, 05:01 AM

Yep, I second that. I think it's really easy to love the game, but not all of us have the patience and dedications maguar has for helping fellow kingdomites. Thanks for being so supportive; having you in the forum is part of what makes this game social and fun ^_^

tbtm1214
01-02-13, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the tip from mushrooms. Add me and I send dust daily! Tbtm1214

iLLUMI2012
01-05-13, 06:21 AM
Sorry if this has already been posted, just skipped to the end, but you can also get GD from slaying Glimmer Trolls and from Sir Pigglesworth. You get it more often from the Trolls as they pop up often.

iLLUMI2012
01-05-13, 06:25 AM
... Oh and items such as Super Glue and Builders Paste get dropped occasionally from Adventures which saves on having to use Glimmer Dust and saves on the time required to craft them. ;)

inthuveron21
01-08-13, 12:48 AM
Hi,

I'm new to the forum.Currently i'm building the Ivy's hut but i dont have the feature to request for glimmerdust from friends..It takes forever to collect the glimmerdust. Any suggestions??

arale_norimaki
01-08-13, 02:13 AM
It didn't happen overnight, but I finally was able to get the required amount to do Ivy's Hut and the Magic Ink by posting on my Wall asking my neighbors to gift me Glimmer Dust as well as using most of my energy to just concentrate on the Red Mushroom Circles (6 of them). I can usually get 4 Glimmer Dust when I harvest all 6 at once (2 Glimmer dust drops from 2 circles). Maybe you want to purchase some of those and concentrate on harvesting them for a few days and see if you can get the required amount.

You should buy several red mushroom circles and tend them as often as possible (make it your priority).
For more tips, I suggest you read this whole thread, maybe from page 18 because that is when the possibility of requesting glimmerdust from Ivy's hut was removed.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum.Currently i'm building the Ivy's hut but i dont have the feature to request for glimmerdust from friends..It takes forever to collect the glimmerdust. Any suggestions??

arale_norimaki
01-08-13, 02:14 AM
I forgot to say, you can use the quote from queentina to go to page 18 directly :)

igottowin
03-04-13, 09:17 PM
I have this strange theory. I seem to get more glimmerdust from the mushroom patch & circles when I have maxed 99 mushrooms. Once I deplete the storage, I stop getting GD from my mushrooms! Grrr....

loveknots
03-06-13, 06:57 AM
I hate glimmer dust! 100 to make pages in a book! Plus 100 water! Should I fish or should I pick mushrooms all day? At least every time I fish I know I get water. Argh!!

RosieM7
03-06-13, 05:23 PM
Anybody else notice that glimmer dust dropped more often once mushrooms were consolidated into one big field? Same number, just grouped. Seemed to help with mermaid scales too.

mamalovesson
03-17-14, 08:06 AM
Anybody else notice that glimmer dust dropped more often once mushrooms were consolidated into one big field? Same number, just grouped. Seemed to help with mermaid scales too.

mmm, so I am not the only one suspect this! Seems that I've got lesser glimmerdusts if I split the mushroom in two groups (2 one the left and 2 on the right with something else between). I have just line 4 up see if I can get more. haha

mwenvlay
03-17-14, 07:03 PM
i'm so bitter right now, trying to collect 50 glimmerdust to advance in the faerie respite quest.