PDA

View Full Version : Baby dragons are cute... until they crash your game

RedSnail
10-12-12, 05:28 PM
New this afternoon (was not a problem at 0900 Eastern time this morning), there's a screen called "Down with Anti-"that that iffers me a chance to "get Started" with a new goal. Unfortunately, when I tap the button, the game crashes and I have to force close. This has happened three times. I'm running PSS 1.0.5.7 on Android 2.3.5 (Motorola XPRT).

kooky panda
10-12-12, 05:52 PM
Try restarting your device.

RedSnail
10-12-12, 06:34 PM
Done. I've also axed and reinstalled the game to no avail.

kooky panda
10-12-12, 06:45 PM
There was a fix for dragon story, with the same issues about an hour ago. Try restarting your device one more time. If you are still crashing let me know.

maitai1976
10-12-12, 06:56 PM
i tried removing app and reinstalling, and restarting my devive (Samsung Galaxy 3). Same problem as RedSnail. Problem persists.

kooky panda
10-12-12, 07:02 PM
I will report it over !

maitai1976
10-12-12, 07:08 PM
Thanks a bunch!! :) Have a great night. I don't know what I'll do with mine lol!!! Peace:)

RedSnail
10-12-12, 09:26 PM
Restarted and reinstalled again. Same issue.

Thanks for looking into this, Panda.

peanutsmama12
10-12-12, 09:33 PM
having the same problem @ 11:32 p.m. CST

peanutsmama12
10-12-12, 10:23 PM
still having problems. tried uninstalling game, restarting phone, then reinstalling game. that didn't work. so now what?

marius8id
10-13-12, 12:06 AM
I also have this problem. Is all the time crashing my game and i have to restart my phone each time. I got Samsung galaxy II

marius8id
10-13-12, 05:17 AM
Any admin reading this thread and intent to do something? Ive not been able to play since last night!!! Wake up!!!!!!

RedSnail
10-13-12, 06:20 AM
Any admin reading this thread and intent to do something? Ive not been able to play since last night!!! Wake up!!!!!!

Hey, Marius. They sent it to the IT guys late last night (I'm US East Coast time). Give them some credit: they're working people, just like us. Being rude won't fix the problem any faster.

tidje1974
10-13-12, 06:46 AM
I'm also having the problem. The real problem is that there is no way to get around it. The other similar screens give the option to close, but not this one- only to continue. If you click "get started" the game crashes. It's happened all day, and I haven't been able to play all day, and now my puppy at the breeder will be sick after having had to wait so long for it. I'm getting annoyed. All day yesterday the goals were gone, and today I can't play at all because of the stupid "Down with Anti-" screen..."baby dragons are among the cutest things in the world." Yeah, right!
Samsung Galaxy S

maitai1976
10-13-12, 07:46 AM
I found it hard to load today. Restarted my phone then finally connected but still same problem as yesterday. Funny that I can still accept gifts and grant requests though! My Nursery pets are surely dead and I guess I am out the money eh? Super frustrating!

tidje1974
10-13-12, 08:48 AM
Me too. I can accept gifts and grant requests, but I can't do anything else like get into my shop ...stuck at the "Down with Anti-" screen- all day long- hopefully tomorrow will be better.
I tried to get around it by going into "social" and visiting other shops. The other shops load and I can get points for going to them, but I can't actually see them or play with pets because the stupid screen stays open above it all.

UnoRaven
10-13-12, 10:08 AM
I can get around it by just pressing the 'back/exit' button on my Motorola Photon, so you guys should try that.

marius8id
10-13-12, 10:47 AM
Hey, Marius. They sent it to the IT guys late last night (I'm US East Coast time). Give them some credit: they're working people, just like us. Being rude won't fix the problem any faster.

No intention to be rude. Was simply trying to get some responce. Wasnt aware anyone had reported it. Couldnt read anywhere in this thread that someone actually had done that. No i didnt want to be tude.

peanutsmama12
10-13-12, 12:11 PM
game is still crashing. is this going to get fixed soon? is my way to relax when i get home from a job i really dislike. helps me unwind.

kooky panda
10-13-12, 01:01 PM
I will report it over !

No intention to be rude. Was simply trying to get some responce. Wasnt aware anyone had reported it. Couldnt read anywhere in this thread that someone actually had done that. No i didnt want to be tude.

I did report this issue over yesterday.
I am sure they are working on it.:)

ButterPanda
10-13-12, 06:43 PM
This issue is fixed now. Try force closing the game and restarting your device.

RedSnail
10-13-12, 09:29 PM

Done and done, and the problem persists. I also got a notice for Bakery Story, which loaded fine (Sweet ...something). It's still the "Down with Anti-" Dragon Story promo that's trippiing up the program.

Thanks again for checking this out, Panda crew!

RedSnail
10-13-12, 09:30 PM
Oh, also, just to be sure, I axed and reinstalled the game.

maitai1976
10-13-12, 09:42 PM
I wish that update never happened. I can load the game and even got a new goal to install bakery shop but that flipping goal for "anti-cute" keeps me from doing anything but granting requests and accepting sent gifts. Grr!

SparkyNemo3
10-14-12, 05:30 AM
HAving same problem. Have a droid bionic. My problem is on the 3rd day. I can send gifts and receive gifts but when it gets to the screen about the cute little dragon it force closes. I have installed and uninstalled dragon story. Turned the phone off and on several x's. Removed the battery and reinstalled it several x's and still on the third day can not get it to force close on me. Where do I go now?

UnoRaven
10-14-12, 06:51 AM
Nothing changed for me. I force closed it a few times and restarted my device but it still fore closes every time I click 'get started,' though I am able to get around it and play the game normally.

HKTeam
10-14-12, 10:57 AM
How do you get around having to hit the continue button on the quest, UnoRaven? I managed to get to the menu page and see my collections, wall etck but I never got to the point of being able to collect from my pets or seeing the quests.

HKTeam
10-14-12, 11:18 AM

I did a force close and restarted. Did not work. I did a force close, cleared the cache, uninstalled, restarted, and reinstalled. Still did not work. What else can I do now? Stop playing for good since I can't get in?

UnoRaven
10-14-12, 11:54 AM
How do you get around having to hit the continue button on the quest, UnoRaven? I managed to get to the menu page and see my collections, wall etck but I never got to the point of being able to collect from my pets or seeing the quests.

My phone has a back button next to it's home button, so instead of hitting 'get started' when the goal comes up, I hit the back button and it takes me to my pet shop

kooky panda
10-14-12, 02:32 PM
Looks like there are still problems, I will let the community managers know that there are still issues.

SparkyNemo3
10-14-12, 03:24 PM
I thought i would try uninstalling the game and reinstalling since that was the only thing I hadnt tried. Now I dont have any of my Halloween or Olympic animals. Their coins and paws show up to collect but no animals! Still force closes although you can get around it by using you back button and do not try to enter into the dragon screen.

maitai1976
10-14-12, 09:07 PM
Still no improvement. I can grant material requests and accept gifts and even see my daily bonus awarded but cannot get past Anti-cute goal ppl up... even after restarting my device. Down all weekend:-(

UnoRaven
10-15-12, 04:47 AM
My sister is having no problems with the goal, but I'm still force closing. We've got the exact same phone so I guess it's just on a case by case basis?

harley8778
10-15-12, 11:32 AM
I have a Droid Razr Max running ICS and I still have a force close every time I try to start the anti-cute goal. Also, it will not give me credit for the sweetness goal. I've installed the bakery game and played it, deleted it and tried it again, and it still is showing up in my journal as 0% complete. I've restarted and also deleted and reinstalled PSS to no avail.

ButterPanda
10-15-12, 04:01 PM
I have reported this over thanks for the info.

jessiboo_xoxo
10-15-12, 06:24 PM
i have the same problem. I have a acer Android tablet I removed the app reinstalled it restarted the tablet but it still is happening what do i do? ..

maitai1976
10-15-12, 07:35 PM
Same here harley8778. I finally read how to bypass the anti-cute screen to allow play but can't collect gems for installing bakery Halloween:-(

maitai1976
10-15-12, 07:37 PM
Thanks SparkyNemo3. I didn't realize my back button would allow bypass:-)

UnoRaven
10-16-12, 05:39 AM
Now the goal is just gone altogether.