PDA

View Full Version : Reaching goals by playing other games

gary0474
10-12-12, 10:00 AM
I don't like that I have to install and play other games to reach a goal in Home Design Story. It's bad enough I have to play them but then I have to reach certain levels in each game to achieve goals. There are 4 extra games (so far) that I need to install and play. Is there anyway around this ??

dragonolic
10-12-12, 10:19 AM
Promoting your other games is actually against Apple's app policies, and I've heard in the dev community that they are going to be cracking down on it.

To answer your question, those quests aren't related in any way to your current game, they are only to promote the other games so if you skip them, you aren't missing anything in game. The reason people do it is because they offer gold/gems as a reward and the cost of buying them is so expensive otherwise, that this is the only way some people can get enough to buy some of the nicer things in the game.

PenguinFlop
10-12-12, 10:47 AM
You do not have to do these goals if you do not want to.

We do give you the opportunity to try our other games, but we do not have Quests/Goals that reward Points, Gems, Coins or Experience for downloading or playing our other games.

dragonolic
10-12-12, 10:56 AM
Absolutely you do. Downloading the other games triggers a follow up goal that is easy and rewards in high amounts of gold/gems, a goal that is not offered in any other aspect of the game and only achieved by downloading and playing other Team Lava games.

msmarge567
10-12-12, 11:10 AM
Absolutely you do. Downloading the other games triggers a follow up goal that is easy and rewards in high amounts of gold/gems, a goal that is not offered in any other aspect of the game and only achieved by downloading and playing other Team Lava games.

I agree, I just got 40 gems in home design for downloading the Halloween version of city story!

Cali��Dream

sweetstuff525
10-12-12, 11:43 AM
Why you guys complaining ? I wish I get these goals but I havent in UFf time

I want to know why I'm not getting these goals? Thanks

queentina3
10-12-12, 11:50 AM
Why you guys complaining ? I wish I get these goals but I havent in UFf time

I want to know why I'm not getting these goals? Thanks

You probably won't get the goal if you've already installed and played the game past a certain level. Once I stopped downloading and trying all the new TL games when they were released, I started to get the goals.

gary0474
10-12-12, 12:13 PM
You are rewarded coins for downloading and playing the games

sweetstuff525
10-12-12, 12:43 PM
You probably won't get the goal if you've already installed and played the game past a certain level. Once I stopped downloading and trying all the new TL games when they were released, I started to get the goals.
I still haven't downloaded castle story and bubble blitz mania..... But still haven't received those goals either

dragonolic
10-12-12, 01:06 PM
I don't always get the same game goals in all games. For example, I only got the goal to install Halloween Metro version in DS, not in MS or HDS or CS.

Of all the games they set goals for you to download and try, I've kept only those 4 and deleted the rest. So if they release a new goal for any of them, I guess I wouldn't get it since they are already installed? All of the rest I've deleted.

dragonolic
10-12-12, 01:07 PM
Bubble Blitz was actually about the only one I really enjoyed playing, I kept it until I got the highest level and they didn't release an update for a long time.

queentina3
10-12-12, 01:08 PM
I still haven't downloaded castle story and bubble blitz mania..... But still haven't received those goals either

I don't think they've released goals to the games for those 2 yet, as I haven't got them either and I haven't read anyone else getting goals for them yet.

queentina3
10-12-12, 01:11 PM
You are rewarded coins for downloading and playing the games

No, you're rewarded Gems but only after you've received the next goal that asks you to visit another home (HD), Order a Fashion (FsS), Buy a Table (RS/BS), or order a decoration (FS).

dragonolic
10-12-12, 01:42 PM
No, you're rewarded Gems but only after you've received the next goal that asks you to visit another home (HD), Order a Fashion (FsS), Buy a Table (RS/BS), or order a decoration (FS).

But the ONLY way to spawn the follow up goal IS to download and play the other game, thus making it a requirement to get the gem/gold reward.

queentina3
10-12-12, 01:59 PM
But the ONLY way to spawn the follow up goal IS to download and play the other game, thus making it a requirement to get the gem/gold reward.

Yes I know, but you don't get coins like gary0474 stated.

gary0474
10-13-12, 06:17 AM
I have received gems not coins

edwin9710
11-05-12, 09:38 PM
for some reason i am not getting quests to play other games anymore. i miss those quests i play with my girlfriend and she still is. anyone know why they may have ended

lanedraven
11-06-12, 12:08 AM
for some reason i am not getting quests to play other games anymore. i miss those quests i play with my girlfriend and she still is. anyone know why they may have ended

Maybe you completed them all? I'm just speculating, but I've noticed that for each game it asks you to reach a certain level a couple times, it stops and eventually asks you to play another game. So have you completed a quest for all the TL games? Just an idea.

queentina3
11-06-12, 07:29 AM

Not everyone will receive those goals and sometimes they come months after being released to others. Also I've noticed that if you download a new TL game before you get the goal asking you to do so, it can take even longer for you to get the goal and you may not get it at all. :(

edwin9710
11-06-12, 12:42 PM
thanks guys. and i know that they stop after you get to a certin level but i havent even gotten the first quests to start the games and it is just weird because me and my girlfriend both play and both play on our iphones but she keeps getting new quests for new games that i never get.