PDA

View Full Version : Teamlava loosing their touch?

bakeryipad2
10-12-12, 04:46 AM
Is it just me or is teamlava loosing its touch when creating new dragons? For example, mercury Looks too shiny, sunrise has a wired tail and looks like a Chinese New Year dragon, dream is on a cloud. Their ideas are good but the art looks not good . Some of them are not even dragons. Their cats, goblins, birds etc. Clown dragon however looks awesome . Anyone agree?

mattyboo1
10-12-12, 04:49 AM
Is it just me or is teamlava loosing its touch when creating new dragons? For example, mercury Looks too shiny, sunrise has a wired tail and looks like a Chinese New Year dragon, dream is on a cloud. Their ideas are good but the art looks not good . Some of them are not even dragons. Their cats, goblins, birds etc. Clown dragon however looks awesome . Anyone agree?

I think that they are not classic type dragons like the original

dragonolic
10-12-12, 04:50 AM
No? Chinese dragons are still dragons, and this is the year of the dragon, I think it fits well. I think their art is getting better overall, except for the childish takes on ones like Clown and Icecream.

bakeryipad2
10-12-12, 04:51 AM
I think that they are not classic type dragons like the original I agree.

dragonolic
10-12-12, 04:53 AM
I do agree with you on the ones that aren't dragons, like the butterflies and cats and Charm which looks like a shrimp. Those are older ones though, which is what makes me like the newer ones that look like dragons.

bakeryipad2
10-12-12, 04:53 AM
I don't like the ice cream dragon a lot. I know Chinese dragons are dragons and I like the idea but I just want it to look different.

bakeryipad2
10-12-12, 04:54 AM
One of the weirdest is the honeybee dragon. That was strange.

bakeryipad2
10-12-12, 05:00 AM
Griffen looks like an armadillo, mermaid looks like a sea shrimp, I don't even know what dream is, quetzal looks like the Pokemon requaza. However the luck dragon and witch dragons are very good.

dragonolic
10-12-12, 05:00 AM
Totally agree about the Honeybee and Icecream. I also got rid of the Fruitful as fast as I possibly could.

dragonolic
10-12-12, 05:05 AM
Western dragons are my personal favorite, but Eastern ones can be really pretty and ornate. They still have a lot of room to expand both. Western dragons have ice dragons, and we've all been hoping for a black dragon.

bakeryipad2
10-12-12, 05:08 AM
What do you mean by western dragons and eastern dragons? I have never heard of ice cream dragons in the west. Well, the is runescape. A lot of different dragons in runescape.

dragonolic
10-12-12, 05:20 AM
Western and Eastern are the two major types of dragons. Eastern are the Oriental ones, Chinese and Japanese. They typically have four legs and no wings except for the Chinese Imperial.

Western dragons refer to styles that came out of Europe, which do usually have wings and either 4, 2, or no wings (wyverns). To me a "classic" dragon has four legs and wings, although the Eastern style dragons technically are older.

And no where have I seen an ice cream dragon, I truly don't know what they were doing there.

dragonolic
10-12-12, 05:23 AM
Oh, I see what you mean: I said ICE dragon, not ICE CREAM dragon. :) Both Eastern and Western styles have dragons representing the four elements, ice being a water element naturally. Ice dragons and Fire dragons are pretty typical.

cedkugedchgd
10-12-12, 05:38 AM
i really like the design of the epic honeybee dragon! :D but seriously.. the clown dragon looks ridiculous :'D

Martin323
10-12-12, 06:18 AM
Well, judging on how the look like, this is my personal chart:
TOP3:
1. Light
2. Crusader
3. Firestorm
4. Diamond
5. Laserlight

BOTTOM3:
Worst: Love
Clown
Hypnotic
Ice Cream
Honeybee

dapplefur
10-12-12, 09:16 AM
i like the dragons. i would not like this game if they were all typical dragons and i can't be the only one that feels that way. there are many other dragon games out there. i like teamlava's because the dragons are different, they aren't what people expect when they think of dragons most of the time and personally the ice cream dragon is my favorite. it's cute, silly but cute so props to whomever at teamlava came up with it. it was creative in my book.

goughy999
10-12-12, 10:45 AM
i dont like how the genie and atlantis are pretty much the same dragon, i think they got a bit lazy there.

rusticjess
10-12-12, 11:02 AM
the more recent dragon art is way too polished looking, and I dislike how the new light dragons seem to have incredibly distorted looking heads and bodies...at least when they're young. babies of other dragons look cute, but the baby new dawn dragons look...ick. older versions are better though at least. EXCEPT: ice cream, clown, hypnotic, etc

Nefertekas
10-12-12, 11:20 AM
Fuzzy dragon creeps me out a little bit xD but the creepiest is the clown dragon! I have two though...the ones I think are prettiest (though they don't look like dragons at all, ha! More like felines) are the epic honeybee , epic mist and the familiar. But I never had a familiar, maybe it's just the baby that I find cute. Baby griffin and baby scorpion are also adorable. :)
As for the coolest ones, I like Winter, Firestorm and Light. But I like it that they make these unusual-looking dragons, like they're hybrids with other animals or something.

lylahmae
10-12-12, 11:25 AM
There are a few I don't like...but they are far less ridiculous than the stuff they have been giving farm story.

swanhenge
10-12-12, 11:40 AM
I like most of the dragons they're releasing lately. The Aether moved immediately into my top 5 when it came out. The "themed" dragons like the Athletic, Honeybee, Clown... meh. I get it, but I just think they're novelty... which is fine. The Witch looks pretty cool, but the 21- and 18-hour fail times are ridiculous. Mercury looks tough, but the 12-hour fail time stinks.

Personally, I'd like to see just some old-school, scaly green dragons that breathe fire. You know... "DRAGON" dragons like the ones in Dragonslayer, Reign of Fire, even Shrek. TL would probably consider it regression to come out with these types, but I think they'd be cool.

My top epics would be Familiar, Crusader, Aether, Wild, Mistmoth, Firestorm. The epic Laserlight looks pretty awesome as well.
My "whatever" list: Honeybee, Charm, Clown, Landworm and the epic Mist. WTH is he doing anyway? Looks like he's drunk and ready to tip over.

Nefertekas
10-12-12, 02:08 PM
Mercury dragon is awesome. I'd like to have a diamond just to try and get the Mercury, I swear!

Nefertekas
10-12-12, 02:09 PM
(Sorry for doubleposting!)
But what I'd really like to see... Would be a Toothless one. You know, the stunning, smaller black one from How to Train Your Dragon. That would be AWESOME.

[S8] Elsa
10-12-12, 02:56 PM
Thank you for the feedback. Dragon Story Dragons aren't limited to traditional looking dragons. There are a variety of Dragons! Some are traditional, some are majestic looking, others are quirky and fun. :P

lylahmae
10-12-12, 04:24 PM
People keep asking for a black element, if they did that I would like to see one like Malevocent from sleeping beauty. Not many of the dragons look frightening.

10-12-12, 07:36 PM
I really dislike the lolling tongues with fruitfull and icecream. It is disgusting to look at.