PDA

View Full Version : Ok ... I'm totally confused about this goal

MomsHouseofSweets
10-11-12, 04:57 PM
I clicked the "Adabracadabra" goal, then clicked "skip" both times. There was some message and in my excitement didn't get to read all of what was there. The dragon and habitat must have another step to it, because I didn't receive either. I'm confused about what may have been in that message. Can someone enlighten me please? I was told that when you click skip, it's as though you completed the goal. Well, that's true on BS. Is it not true here??

Thank you for any help or advice.

rusticjess
10-11-12, 04:59 PM
I thought skip just meant you get the next goal that would show up after the one you skipped

MomsHouseofSweets
10-11-12, 05:04 PM
I play Baker Story (BS) also and that's where I was told that skipping, however many steps are within a goal, is the same as completing that goal. There were 2 steps in the "Abracadabra" goal. I clicked and met both skipping requirements, but nothing happened. I'm sooo confused.

Mlb3116
10-11-12, 05:13 PM
Your correct in thinking that if you hit skip you get the reward for the goal. However the reward was NOT the magic dragon and the habitat, the GOAL was to get the magic dragon and habitat. The reward was merely some coins and experience, you should have received those when you hit skip but you will still have to breed the dragon and purchase the habitat. Umfortunatley you just spent gold for some coins and experience! I don't play bakery story but I do play pet shop. In that game we do sometimes get goals where the reward is a new pet. For example we had one where if you bred a bullfrog you would be rewarded with an iguana. If I hit skip I would get the iguana but I wouldn't get the bullfrog. Hope this helps you understand better! In my experience it is never worth it to spend the gold to skip a goal in dragon story because the payout is never a new item

MomsHouseofSweets
10-11-12, 05:25 PM
Sooo ... I need to now purchase the dragon and purchase the habitat? What I did was spend gold on being able to purchase the dragon and habitat, right?? If so ... wish I'd known before hand ... I'd not have done that. Guess that's what I get for being too excited. LOL

Mlb3116
10-11-12, 05:43 PM
No unfortunatley that gold was basically wasted because you were always able to purchase these items as long as you are a high enough level for them to be unlocked. Yes you need to buy the habitat with coins. You can purchase the magic dragon with gold but this is not necessary because you can also breed them. If you had read the goal it would have told you that magic dragons like hot water. Breed a fire with a water and you will have your magic dragon!! You may also get the athletic dragon with this combo but since they are rare its likely you will get the magic first!

Mlb3116
10-11-12, 05:54 PM
The only dragons you have to purchase are the basic red, green, yellow and blue. All the others can be bred by mixing two dragons. Go in th market and find the dragon you want to try and breed. If they are locked then you will need to be a certain level before you can see them. Look at the bottom left of their card and you will see two colored gems. Theses are the colors you z need to mix to get that dragon. you can use solid colored dragons or mixed breeds. If you use mixed breeds then you could end up with any color combination as long as those colors are on the parent dragons. For example if you mix a fruitful (yellow/green) and a firestorm (red/yellow) you can get any mix of dragons that have yellow green or red as their colors but you could not get a blue n yellow dragon! Hope all this helps!!

MomsHouseofSweets
10-11-12, 06:01 PM
Thank you, Mlb! Guess you can tell I'm still a rookie here on DS. I saw a gorgeous dragon while visiting other islands ... purple and blue with awesome fairy type wings. Truly beautiful! I appreciate your help and clearing things up for me. Thanks again!

Mlb3116
10-11-12, 06:02 PM
Also the diamond dragons parents are "unknown" as is stated in the diamond goal but they say as long as you have four different colors (out of all 6 red/green/yellow/blue/purple/light) you could get the diamond. You beware that this is the most unattainable dragon in the entire game and many people have rage quit after maxing out at highest level and still not gotten the diamond!! Don't despair though cause others have gotten it at extremely low levels! Good luck and happy breeding!! If you want to add me I would be happy to help with any other questions. Id: mlb3116

Mlb3116
10-11-12, 06:05 PM
Np, we are all rookies at some point! I myself have only been playing for about a month and am at level 27 I think but my hubby has been playing for over a year so I have an in-house guide to help me!

MomsHouseofSweets
10-11-12, 06:55 PM
I have added you. Once again, thank you.