PDA

View Full Version : New Goal - A Translator's Tome

laVirtualCloset
10-11-12, 04:17 PM
The stone tablet that was previously an area we could not expand is now available after this Castle Story 1.1 Update on Oct 11, 2012.

The expansion price is reasonable. The stone is called the Tablet of Tabernum and can be relocated to some other area once you've expanded to the area and "set it free". A question mark will eventually appear over it with some colorful dialogue from Old Thomas. The goal is called A Translator's Tome and rewards 2,500 coins and 10 XP's once you've constructed the book.

Workshop Parts Needed:
Leather Cover - requires 3 cow hids - takes 1 min to craft
Magic Page - requires one piece of Fine Parchment and 1 Magic Ink (from the Potion shop - this is new) - takes 4 hours to craft
Fine Parchment - requires 15 pieces of wood, 1 living wood, 3 buckets of water - takes 30 mins to craft
Iron Binding - requires 3 iron ores - takes 1 min to craft
Translators Tome - requires 2 Iron Bindings, 10 Magic Pages, and 1 Cover - takes 8 hrs to craft

Potion Shop Item Needed:
Magic Ink - requires 10 glimmerdust, 5 mermaid scales, and 10 buckets - takes 4 hrs to craft

Edit: the special items that are needed to craft this will only appear when you are up to the goal that relates to it. Ie, do the magic ink & pages quest to get the magic pages in your workshop.

When you unlock the Tablet your royal points will increase by 290.

When you collect from the Tablet there is a very rare chance that you might collect a knowledge shard (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41680-Knowledge-Shard).

yupiyupigumgum
10-11-12, 08:54 PM
Thanks a lot . I'm still saving coins to expand

maguar
10-14-12, 03:28 PM
I've completed my Tome and used it. This unlocked the Tablet. I collected from it and a dialogue with Old Thomas started basically saying that a ruler's duty was to their people. I've got 16 hours until I can collect from it again which should give me another goal.

prime888
10-14-12, 06:11 PM
By collecting from the Tablet of Tabernum twice will unlock Tabernum Research Aquifers quest. You will need (1) Pay $35,000 (2) 150 stones and (3) 150 wood. Happy chopping!! By completing this quest will increase your gain in water by 100%, find more fish and may hold other secret effect.

dt1375
10-15-12, 12:40 AM
Hi, I made the magic potion twice and it's in my inventory but when try to use it to craft the translator tool it shows its not made yet! I made it twice and still can't use it. Anyone can help? Thanks

dt1375
10-15-12, 12:46 AM
Sorry, meant can't craft magic page

hopesdragons
10-15-12, 07:50 AM
Sorry, meant can't craft magic page

To craft the page, you need 1 magic ink and one fine parchment.

sukyee
10-16-12, 05:34 AM
By collecting from the Tablet of Tabernum twice will unlock Tabernum Research Aquifers quest. You will need (1) Pay $35,000 (2) 150 stones and (3) 150 wood. Happy chopping!! By completing this quest will increase your gain in water by 100%, find more fish and may hold other secret effect.

:confused: I have collected 2 times from the tablet of tarbenum but no quest pop up... Hmmm.... Continue collecting more and see how...

kooky panda
10-16-12, 07:41 AM
:confused: I have collected 2 times from the tablet of tarbenum but no quest pop up... Hmmm.... Continue collecting more and see how...
Same here. I am thinking that I might need to finish the Caravan goal before something is activated. I am almost done and will let you know.

kooky panda
10-16-12, 07:59 AM
Just finished the caravan goal and it has opened up a whole new set of goals, very easy ones, then you get the Rich Windbag Caravan

Rewardss 15 gems, 40 XP

Load 40000 gold coins into the caravan
Load 20 bones into the caravan
Load 40 jewels
Load 50 silver
load 100 carrots

tarragon57
10-16-12, 08:18 AM
I have also now collected twice but nothing has happened in goals since

maguar
10-16-12, 02:11 PM
Has anyone else noticed an increase in their royal points after unlocking the tablet?

tarragon57
10-16-12, 02:23 PM
I haven't noticed any change in royal points but hadn't paid much attention. How much do you think your total changed?

maguar
10-16-12, 02:48 PM
I think I was around 2060. I'm now around 2360. Only thing with royal points I've bought recently is some basic walls.

tarragon57
10-16-12, 02:58 PM
Just looked at royal buildings & did a quick tally in my head of points I should have & think there might be some extra there!!

hopesdragons
10-16-12, 07:26 PM
I also think there's an extra 300 (or near that). I don't remember what I had before it, but definitely have more now.

tarragon57
10-16-12, 10:51 PM
After finishing the ink & pages I have got to the lost in translation goal. This is being done at the speed of 5hours per page in the workshop for each of the 10 pages.

bigtail2
10-17-12, 06:39 AM
I also think there's an extra 300 (or near that). I don't remember what I had before it, but definitely have more now.

I went up 290 RP

hopesdragons
10-17-12, 02:39 PM

I got this today. I don't think I got it until the 3rd or 4th time I collected though.

tarragon57
10-17-12, 02:57 PM
I collected from the tablet for the third time earlier & nothing happened so maybe fourth time lucky tomorrow!

maguar
10-17-12, 03:23 PM
A neighbour reported that one time when she collected a blue shard, called a knowledge shard popped out. She thinks it might be this that triggered the next quest.

hopesdragons
10-17-12, 03:56 PM
Yes. I got the knowledge shard as well. That is when my quest started. The knowledge shard is now showing up in my inventory.

kooky panda
10-18-12, 10:30 AM
Does anyone know what you need to collect from to get the Shard?

maguar
10-18-12, 12:59 PM
My neighbour says iy came from the tablet. She's had her second shard which has triggered another quest.

Tabernum Research: Anatomy
Pay $50000
20 Rat Tails
20 Bones

Increases drops from Skunkupines, Fangbeasts and Glimmer Trolls
May have another secret effect

So we know what the next monster will be.

Given that most people don't seem to be getting these shards gives two theories. 1) They're rare and we haven't been lucky. 2) They're trialling them on a small group and we haven't been lucky. Either way I'm looking forward to when I can get them.

kooky panda
10-18-12, 01:03 PM
My neighbour says iy came from the tablet. She's had her second shard which has triggered another quest.

Tabernum Research: Anatomy
Pay $50000
20 Rat Tails
20 Bones

Increases drops from Skunkupines, Fangbeasts and Glimmer Trolls
May have another secret effect

So we know what the next monster will be.

Given that most people don't seem to be getting these shards gives two theories. 1) They're rare and we haven't been lucky. 2) They're trialling them on a small group and we haven't been lucky. Either way I'm looking forward to when I can get them.

Thanks, I thought it was just me missing them. I will keep exploring for them. lol

prime888
10-19-12, 07:00 PM
Just got my 3rd shard. I seem to get them with every 2nd time I collect once completing the previous Tabernum Research.

3rd quest: Tabernum Research: Ariculture. You need to pay $60,000, 40 purple petals and 40 glimmerdust
(I'm glad i haven't built my Ivy Hut as you can't request glimmerdust in this quest, so I'll be requesting it through Ivy's Hut)

By completing this research project will decresase energy cost to harvest crops by 33%. It may have other secret effects.

tarragon57
10-21-12, 04:59 AM
Since finishing the tablet about the 15 october & collected from it numerous times nothing has happened about opening up new goals. I have not seen any shards either.
Is there something that i have missed doing?
I have completed all goals except for finishing Ivys house.

kooky panda
10-21-12, 07:20 AM
Just got my 3rd shard. I seem to get them with every 2nd time I collect once completing the previous Tabernum Research.

3rd quest: Tabernum Research: Ariculture. You need to pay $60,000, 40 purple petals and 40 glimmerdust
(I'm glad i haven't built my Ivy Hut as you can't request glimmerdust in this quest, so I'll be requesting it through Ivy's Hut)

By completing this research project will decresase energy cost to harvest crops by 33%. It may have other secret effects.

What level are you on?

prime888
10-21-12, 11:55 PM
What level are you on?

I'm on level 29. I too haven't yet built my Ivy Hut (taking this opportunity to request glimmerdust everyday). So this confirms that the crystal shard is a rare drop.

laVirtualCloset
10-22-12, 05:04 AM
Has anyone else noticed an increase in their royal points after unlocking the tablet?

Just confirming that after the update on Oct 21st, you still get 290 royalty points as bigtail2 reported prior to the update. I had 1050 RP's this morning, completed the tablet and now have 1340.

8owski
10-25-12, 11:39 PM
Are the knowledge shards only available to certain gamers or do you have to reach a certain level. I'm on l18 and have run out of goals. Keep collecting from tablet but only get coins

maguar
10-26-12, 12:01 AM
Are the knowledge shards only available to certain gamers or do you have to reach a certain level. I'm on l18 and have run out of goals. Keep collecting from tablet but only get coins

We've been told that it's a rare drop. If you haven't received it you're like the majority of us who haven't been lucky enough to get it yet.

epicmetal
11-08-12, 10:25 PM
I want to know if there is anybody who crafted it? What does it give?

maguar
11-09-12, 01:11 AM
You use it to unlock the tablet of tabernum. This gives $ every 16 hours. There's also a chance it will drop knowledge shards which give you more quests.

conniehsb
11-10-12, 10:21 AM
I am stuck at this spot also. I have the tome. - which is locked

I have a goal that says "Use A Translator's Tomb to Unlock the Tablet. But I don't know what to do. do I need to rebind a book of majic or book of spells.

thanks

queentina3
11-10-12, 10:42 AM

I have a goal that says "Use A Translator's Tomb to Unlock the Tablet. But I don't know what to do. do I need to rebind a book of majic or book of spells.

thanks

You need to craft a Translaters Tome.

queentina3
11-10-12, 10:46 AM

thanks

Here's that goal chain, you may need to do another goal first, but you need to craft the Translaters Tome to get through that one goal you listed.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?36911-Castle-Story-Goal-Pictorial&p=439004&viewfull=1#post439004

conniehsb
11-10-12, 01:14 PM
Thanks, the referenced site is very useful. So, I see what my problem is, II can access the" Use A Translator's Tomb to Unlock the Tablet.", but when I click on it, it doesn't take me to the next screen which lists all of the actions to take.

Should I delete the game, and reinstall. I'm assuming that if I restall it would take me to what I have in the Castle, but would take me back to starting time for each item. Is that correct? Thanks again for your info.

Also, have mushroom patches, and circles, about 14 or so. But, in the last three days I've only received about 5 glimmerdust. I've probably used 60 - 70 energ

ccc5469
11-16-12, 10:27 AM
How do you get a translators tomb to unlock tablet

AkumaNeko
11-16-12, 10:32 AM
Fine Parchment is now 3 hours to craft :(

Crafting a magic page option is not even there in the workshop for me. How do I craft this tome? Are the requirements changed? Help?

Thanks!

maguar
11-16-12, 10:46 AM
Fine Parchment is now 3 hours to craft :(

Crafting a magic page option is not even there in the workshop for me. How do I craft this tome? Are the requirements changed? Help?

Thanks!

You won't see it till you've finished the magic ink & pages quest

maguar
11-16-12, 10:48 AM
You should have a goal to craft magic ink & pages. As you do the quests along the way, the different items you need will appear in the workshop. You won't see the tome until you've finished the other translator quests.

AkumaNeko
11-16-12, 10:54 AM
You won't see it till you've finished the magic ink & pages quest

Thanks! :D

ktappe
11-20-12, 02:56 PM
I am stuck too. I simply don't have the option to craft a "Magic Page" as shown in http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?36911-Castle-Story-Goal-Pictorial&p=439004&viewfull=1#post439004. I have made plenty of Magic ink and plenty of Fine Parchment and all the other pieces of the Translators Tome, but I can't finish it if I can't make Magic Pages.
I've looked in the Workshop, the Magic Forge, and the Potion Shop. It's just not there. I'm level 17. Thoughts anyone?

crayonsetc
11-23-12, 12:08 PM
Trying to find WHERE to craft the translator... What building? Wondering if I am just not high enough level to unlock.

maguar
11-23-12, 12:21 PM
Trying to find WHERE to craft the translator... What building? Wondering if I am just not high enough level to unlock.

It will only appear when you're up to that bit. Do the quests relating to the pages first

lolottelatur
11-24-12, 05:27 AM
my tablet is unlocked for 2 or 3 weeks,collected every 16 hours but no shard or quest coming from it,only coins...is it normal or is it a bug because the rewards from those quests seem very useful ones 

maguar
11-24-12, 03:54 PM
my tablet is unlocked for 2 or 3 weeks,collected every 16 hours but no shard or quest coming from it,only coins...is it normal or is it a bug because the rewards from those quests seem very useful ones 

It's a very rare drop

Spataza
11-25-12, 01:46 AM
"Use A Translator's Tome To Unlock The Tablet"

How i get A Translator's Tome ?

maguar
11-25-12, 01:50 AM
You will have a goal to make magic ink and pages. When you finish that you'll get one to make magic pages. After that the tome will appear as a special item in your workshop

Spataza
11-25-12, 01:52 AM
thank you so much

lolottelatur
11-25-12, 09:35 PM
It's a very rare drop

ok thank you maguar 

420christian420
11-28-12, 08:33 AM
You will have a goal to make magic ink and pages. When you finish that you'll get one to make magic pages. After that the tome will appear as a special item in your workshop

You, are a star!

Crashley21
12-17-12, 06:31 AM
The magic page crafting option is not available to me. The fine parchment is at the workshop, and so far I've made 4. The magic ink is available to make in the potion shop and I've made 3. Where is the magic page?

scottyhaha
12-17-12, 07:28 AM
The magic page crafting option is not available to me. The fine parchment is at the workshop, and so far I've made 4. The magic ink is available to make in the potion shop and I've made 3. Where is the magic page?

After you have 10 of each, your pages will be availabe in your workshop

Shezzowickked
01-13-13, 10:25 PM
Hi.. Where did you craft the magic page? I have the materials ready but its not showing in any of my workshops

Shezzowickked
01-13-13, 10:26 PM
After you have 10 of each, your pages will be availabe in your workshop

Thank u

mhnvvu
02-24-13, 11:35 PM
I cannot see the Magic Book, where can I find it??
Help me please!

maguar
02-25-13, 01:52 AM
I cannot see the Magic Book, where can I find it??
Help me please!

Do the magic ink & pages quest, then do the magic pages quest. Then to to the special section of the workshop and you should be able to craft everything you need.

Frankiepiper
03-20-13, 02:52 PM
Can someone tell me where the magic page is? I've got the parchment and magic ink but for the life of me don't know where to craft the magic page

Frankiepiper
03-20-13, 02:53 PM
Sorry - question was answered previously. Just saw it!

magical222
07-27-13, 11:22 AM

I can't craft it either. I have the ink and the parchment but no magic page is in the workshop. Where do you craft it?

maguar
07-27-13, 06:49 PM
I can't craft it either. I have the ink and the parchment but no magic page is in the workshop. Where do you craft it?

Have you crafted 10 magic inks and 10 parchments? They magic pages won't appear until you've done this

dradem38
07-29-13, 01:39 PM
Hi ihave 10 magic pages, 3 iron ninding, 3 leathee cover but shy i cant see translators tomb. How can i craft tomb

maguar
07-29-13, 05:15 PM
Hi ihave 10 magic pages, 3 iron ninding, 3 leathee cover but shy i cant see translators tomb. How can i craft tomb

It should be in the special tab in your workshop

TwilightsView
03-04-14, 07:01 PM
Hi I just unlocked the Tablet of Tabernum and the dialogue did not load. What happened? Can it be reset or can you tell me what happened after the Translator Tome was completed? Thanks

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-04-14, 07:52 PM
I've had the tablet unlocked for weeks now, collect from it every 16 hours and have YET to see any of these knowledge shards that everyone is talking about ....just HOW rare are these things? Did it take everybody else this long to get the first one?

Castloninian
03-04-14, 11:12 PM
I've had the tablet unlocked for weeks now, collect from it every 16 hours and have YET to see any of these knowledge shards that everyone is talking about ....just HOW rare are these things? Did it take everybody else this long to get the first one?

The shards are super rare. I can't remember how long it took me to get my first one but to get all four took many, many months. Just keep collecting, they come when they come.

claupu
03-05-14, 01:27 AM

Don't give up hope. I got all four shards within 3 months after unlocking the tablet. On the other hand, in my second kingdom I haven't got a single one in 2 months. So I can understand your frustration.

maguar
03-05-14, 02:49 AM
Hi I just unlocked the Tablet of Tabernum and the dialogue did not load. What happened? Can it be reset or can you tell me what happened after the Translator Tome was completed? Thanks

Sorry but it can't be reset. If someone hasn't unlocked it yet they might post the dialogue for you when they do unlock it.

TwilightsView
03-05-14, 06:44 PM
Thanks! If any one who completed this goal can tell me the dialogue I missed I would really appreciate it! :)

ebellata
12-18-14, 01:20 PM

I have both magic inc and fine parchment, but I don't see how to make the magic page. what am I missing?

meme1098
12-18-14, 01:56 PM
Did you check the workshop if you can craft it there?

kikaamartins
03-11-15, 02:10 PM
How many of each do we need to complete the translator's tome? Tks

burritosprings
03-11-15, 02:47 PM
How many of each do we need to complete the translator's tome? Tks

It tells you in post 1. 10 ink and 10 parchment

dawnanthony
11-28-15, 01:39 PM
Fine Parchment - requires 15 pieces of wood, 1 living wood, 3 buckets of water - takes 30 mins to craft

My parchments are taking 3 hours each.