PDA

View Full Version : New dawn is to expensive .

TheRaki
10-11-12, 01:13 PM
The costs for everything in new dawn is getting a bit ridiculous. I know people are hurting from the 800+K trees and boulders to chop down. But the cost to feed the new dragons to level 10 is HUGE. I just got a tusker dragon to 7. It costs 3600 food per feed. Times 5 that's 18,000 to get one level. If I want to go the quick route (diamond dates) it would cost about 1.7 million coins (again for ONE level). The slow route would take over 4 days and cost about 35k. Again for ONE level.

Anyone else feel like its a bit expensive?

LeTkboss
10-11-12, 01:20 PM
I absolutely agree about the feeding amounts, seriously, 3600 foods for 1 lvl is already way too much, i don't even get why they raised it at the first place.

totaltechno
10-11-12, 02:27 PM
250k to clear a Large Bitter Bark :/

I agree. Also, 150k to clear a Weed Wood? Seriously?

TheRaki
10-11-12, 03:38 PM
I understand they add the coin power up things. But that doesn't really help much.

Just assume a Tusker Dragon is level 10. It would take that one dragon 850 hours to get enough coin to cover the cost to get it from level 7 to level 8. I use the Tusker because its 2000 coins at epic. Most rares seem to average 1200-1300 an hour at epic. So say you had 10 dragons that averaged 1500 coins an hour. Not a far stretch for most since afterall they are rare. It would take 113 hours to get a white hybrid 1 level. Thats over 5 days IF you collect your coins before they are full.

Maybe the costs were aimed at the few % of people that have been playing for months and months and have 1 of each dragon and have nothing else to spend coin on? For me personally I'm still expanding which has gotten very expensive. But I cant expand if I want to evolve a dragon. Likewise I cant evolve a dragon if I want to expand.

IMO if you're going to up the coinage to a point where its frustrating to play then at least award us by making things like diamond dragons more common. So we can at least get more coinage in with these super rares.

Nefertekas
10-11-12, 04:03 PM
The coin power-up is just them throwing sand in our eyes, kind of like your boss telling you you'll get a raise, but suddenly cuts off your medical insurance. Oh, the lol.

buzzingum
10-14-12, 12:07 AM
If you still have the original app, one one before new dawn, go into there to feed and send gold it's still the same price. Unfortunately the expanding and clearing costs are the same in both, but at least you can save some money and food.

Lavender5698
10-14-12, 12:49 AM
I completely agree! Those large Bitterbarks (I think that's what they're called, I'm refering to those large trees that look like a bush and take up a full square) used to cost 25k to remove. Now they're a whooping 800k just like you said. As soon as I realized I was being way overcharged with the food I switched back to using the normal Dragon Story Ap.
Just like buzzingum's said the cost to clear trees et. is still the same but I'm so glad the price to feed is lower.

bdocc
10-14-12, 05:51 AM
If u don't wanna feed 3600 food play the original version

kwhales
10-14-12, 07:14 AM
my bitter bark is 250k to clear. geez, if it goes up to 800k..I'll be done. If you look at the top island to the left of the original island, it looks like they are mainly bitter bark weeds there. Guess I'll have to start saving cash now. Oh wait, if I save it now, I won't be spending it on land, so I won't be getting any bitter barks, so I won't have to save now...yikes.

as they say, the wheels go round and round. TL has us on a treadmill, going nowhere fast. save save save, spend spend spend..

dragonolic
10-14-12, 07:52 AM
Agreed about the food, I refuse to feed them anything 3000+